Painful Period after Covid Vaccine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I knew it wasn’t just me but seeing these comments makes me realise the AZ vaccine messed mine up further! Mine have been a period every 2 weeks since the 1st one but light, although I feel awful. This last one I just had was horrific. Normally last 3 days this was 6 and the heaviest I have ever had and HUGE clots. I’ve never felt so run down in my life I was barley in work last week

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I knew it wasn’t just me but seeing these comments makes me realise the AZ vaccine messed mine up further! Mine have been a period every 2 weeks since the 1st one but light, although I feel awful. This last one I just had was horrific. Normally last 3 days this was 6 and the heaviest I have ever had and HUGE clots. I’ve never felt so run down in my life I was barley in work last week
I’m usually really regular and I didn’t even notice that it could have been the vaccine that was messing with my cycle until I read up on it online and saw loads of other women had had theirs messed up too. A not very talked about side effect! Luckily mine since have been no heavier/longer but I was so relieved when it finally came as I was starting to worry!

I’m usually really regular and I didn’t even notice that it could have been the vaccine that was messing with my cycle until I read up on it online and saw loads of other women had had theirs messed up too. A not very talked about side effect! Luckily mine since have been no heavier/longer but I was so relieved when it finally came as I was starting to worry!
I had previously reported to the yellow card thing about them being every 2 weeks, but this last one WOW. I even went for a covid test as I felt so run down. I’ve had a telephone appointment with my doctors as I’ve also had other issues with my implant since I got it so got an appointment on Monday, my dr seemed quite concerned about the blot clots and to be honest it went out my head about the links to the AZ vaccine which I’ve had

I had Pfizer and my periods got significantly worse after my first one. So much so I had to go on the pill. I had vomiting and diarrhoea for 3 days. 3 months in row I had to get sent home from work cause I couldn't function.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I got my first Pfizer shot on July 28th and got my period 2 days early on Aug. 11th. It's not unusual for me at all as my period comes early quite often.

I normally don't experience any cramping or pain unless I eat dairy or drink fizzy drinks during the week leading to my period. When my period started, there was no cramping initially. I went for a run roughly an hour after my period started and I can say, it triggered and exacerbated cramps. By the time I got home, I had some real cramping. However, I can't say the cramping is 100% related to the vaccine as I drank quite a lot of fizzy drinks the days prior, so I'd say it's probably related to that as well from past experience. I had a Nurofen as soon as I got home and the cramping disappeared within 15 minutes. So, the cramping lasted probably 2 hours in total.

Flow wise, my period seemed a bit lighter than normal though. My period lasts four days exactly, but on day 4, the flow ceased completely whereas normally, day 4 I'd still bleed but the flow would be far lighter than the 3 previous days. The color was also a bit lighter than normal.

From a PMS standpoint, my symptoms were surprisingly OK. Bloating would normally be my biggest issue, but not this month. My anxiety was a bit more intense than normal and I was exhausted, but it's not unusual for me.

I'm meant to be getting the second shot on Sunday, so there's a good gap between the second shot and my next period. Hopefully, it won't impact it.

Last edited:
Has my second Pfizer on Sunday and my period ended up being three days late. Finally got it today and it’s just weird. I’m cramping as if I should be on a heavy period but it’s light. Hopefully it just evens itself out again.
I’m trying not to worry or overthink because it doesn’t help anything.

I’m unvaccinated but I’ve had Covid a couple of weeks ago and was due my period last week, my partner has had the snip and I’m not on any contraception. Has anyone else experienced a late period after having Covid?
Yes, my period was really late after COVID and I skipped a month, but they’ve normalised now.

Omg this thread is such a relief. The worst PMS combined with the heaviest flow going. I have gynae issues so it’s really concerned me.

Yes, my period was really late after COVID and I skipped a month, but they’ve normalised now.
I had covid back in July and 2 weeks after my period ended I spotted for about 4 days. It's never happened before and it scared me tbh. My period started on Monday and it seems really light. Day 2 is uslaly heavy but yesterday it was very light in comparison. Today I've barely had anything. Any other ladies similar? I'm newly 31 BTW.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’ve had my second Pfizer dose for a while now. I never thought about it until I saw this thread. I’m terrible at tracking my symptoms during my period but I’m going to do it this month.

Now that I think about it I had terrible cramping a few times right before and during my last period. I thought I must have eaten something that didn’t agree with me but I know that wasn’t it. In the past I’ve had minimal cramping and mostly issues with joint and low back pain.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve had my second Pfizer dose for a while now. I never thought about it until I saw this thread. I’m terrible at tracking my symptoms during my period but I’m going to do it this month.

Now that I think about it I had terrible cramping a few times right before and during my last period. I thought I must have eaten something that didn’t agree with me but I know that wasn’t it. In the past I’ve had minimal cramping and mostly issues with joint and low back pain.
I use an app called Ovia to track my periods and have done since December - it’s designed for people who are trying to conceive but I use it for info and a rough indication of when my period would be due. Can track all symptoms etc too x

Reactions: 3
Had my first jab (pfizer) at the end of may, so this is my third period since. Similar to others here, quite bad cramps but an unusually light flow. The worst has been the week leading up, morning sickness type feeling, diarrhoea, fatigue and just really down. Hoping that settles down cos I’m a grumpy cow at the best of times 😂 😭

So glad I’ve found this thread, I have never experienced pains like I have since I had my first vaccine. I came on late Tuesday night, thought I had food poisoning at first the cramps were so bad. I felt like my stomach was going to fall out. I was vomiting most of the night in the end through pain. The cramps eased off slightly but I was then nauseas all day and sick as soon as I eat anything the nausea was so bad. I couldn’t go to work but felt stupid yelling my boss I had period pains!! I’m really put off having my second jab. I’m definitely also going to report it after reading this thread.

• Heart
So glad to have found this thread!

Had covid back in June and my July period was late until I had first dose Pfizer then it came two days after (5 days late). Heavier than usual and worse cramping.

Currently awaiting this months (due today) so wondering how late it will be.

Second jab next month and just hoping it sorts itself out!

I was breastfeeding but it’s never affected my periods before, I was expecting my period a week after I’d had my vaccine. That was 3 weeks ago and I stopped BF just after my vaccine.
It’s still not come.

so many of my friends have said the vaccine has made their periods stop

It was raining blood and clots after Pfizer revaccination. I was scared shitless.
I have so much going on and hopefully the next one will be better, otherwise don't know how I'll leave the house for work etc

• Heart
It was raining blood and clots after Pfizer revaccination. I was scared shitless.
I have so much going on and hopefully the next one will be better, otherwise don't know how I'll leave the house for work etc
Please contact your GP - I am there this morning because I had massive clots in period during my last one and they wanted to see me.

Mine was on time and same in terms of heaviness/bleeding after both jabs. Sympathy for all those having side effects, not dismissing them, just sharing my experience

I had covid back in July and 2 weeks after my period ended I spotted for about 4 days. It's never happened before and it scared me tbh. My period started on Monday and it seems really light. Day 2 is uslaly heavy but yesterday it was very light in comparison. Today I've barely had anything. Any other ladies similar? I'm newly 31 BTW.
My friend had covid and it's over 2 months now and still no period just once had a tiny bit of spotting (she's definitely not pregnant, doctor tested), has another appointment this week.

Personally had Moderna and my period was a week late but same as always (heavy and awful, I usually puke from pain) maybe actually a tiny bit less painful now that I think about it. Due my 1st one after 2nd jab in 2 days but can already tell it'll be around 3-4 days late again.
I always get late periods, though, after being sick and especially after taking antibiotics. Also had a crazy 39 day cycle the month after first lockdown started which I'm pretty sure was from pure stress and thinking wtf is going on.

Another friend of mine got pregnant after 7 years of trying after 2nd Pfizer jab with no period since 1st jab but got pregnant roughly two weeks after 2nd one.

AZ not so common here but read in other forums about late periods after jab.