Painful Period after Covid Vaccine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone else experienced this please? Been up all night feeling like I was in Labour, honestly awful. Wondering how long before I’m functioning again.

Read online that this is a common issue when I saw this article by chance yesterday after4 days of dull lower back pain and now two days of the most awful cramps 😬 it’s made me a bit worried about the jab to be honest.

Reactions: 8
Mine are excruciating since the vaccine, however they’re also almost non existent bleeding wise it’s very weird.

Reactions: 9
I don’t mean to sound grim but my first one after the vaccine, I passed a clot the size of my fist! I thought that was it for me!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I’ve had two periods since having my second dose and literally think I had a weeks break in between, apart from that it’s been continuous bleeding. Starting to wish I’d never had the vaccine and worried about how long this will go on for…

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I’ve had two periods since having my second dose and literally think I had a weeks break in between, apart from that it’s been continuous bleeding. Starting to wish I’d never had the vaccine and worried about how long this will go on for…
oh god! I go on holiday with two toddlers on Sunday - in the UK…. I haven’t slept well for a few days and I feel like my period should have started but it’s not yet. Honestly don’t know what to do about it… I’m in agony.
More than slightly irritated that this isn’t identified as a recognised side effect given the amount of women who are suffering

• Sad
I don’t mean to sound grim but my first one after the vaccine, I passed a clot the size of my fist! I thought that was it for me!
That’s awful, really feel for you! The first period after the vaccine I had terrible clots, so many and large. It also started a week early, which has NEVER happened before, I’m usually regular like clockwork.

• Wow
  • Sad
I personally didn’t get affected, my periods have remained pretty much the same but I do sympathise as it sounds like no one is really taking this side effect seriously

Reactions: 2
I don't have periods anymore due to a hysterectomy but the vaccine gave me severe PMS symptoms (ironically that's the reason i had the hysterectomy in the first place) so it's definitely definitely affected my hormones

Reactions: 4
That’s awful, really feel for you! The first period after the vaccine I had terrible clots, so many and large. It also started a week early, which has NEVER happened before, I’m usually regular like clockwork.
Mine was early too!

Reactions: 1
This is my third period post vaccine (had my second jab yesterday) and there's a definite difference in them. More painful and a lot lighter! I had godawful cramps on Monday then came on on Tuesday. Normally I get very mild cramping towards the end, so who knows!

• Sad
Yes- my 2 periods after each vaccination were cruel! Day 3 nearly killed me. On my 3 period now and zero issues TG!!

• Sad
I didn't get painful periods after my first jab - although I get those anyway so maybe I didn't notice the difference - but it did upset my cycle for a couple of months.

I'm due my second jab on Saturday and I am worried, because my mental health goes batshit when my cycle gets disturbed for any reason and it's a living hell.

I'm really sorry you are dealing with such awful pain, OP. Have you ever tried Paramol? It's pricy but it's some of the strongest over-the-counter pain medication you can get and it helps me through the worst of my troubles when I need it. The person serving will ask you what its for and warn you about not using it for more than three days in a row as it can cause addiction but just follow instructions and you should be fine. Worth checking it out.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Interesting

My periods have also seemed a lot lighter than usual
Cramps are a bit weird. My period cramps can be pretty painful but I noticed yesterday that my pre-period cramps have been a lot worse. It actually felt like I was on my period rather than them just being there but not really

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I’m unvaccinated but I’ve had Covid a couple of weeks ago and was due my period last week, my partner has had the snip and I’m not on any contraception. Has anyone else experienced a late period after having Covid?

Reactions: 3
I didn’t have a period after the first vaccine and my second one came a few days ago and I thought I was giving birth it’s put me off having the second one

• Wow
I’m unvaccinated but I’ve had Covid a couple of weeks ago and was due my period last week, my partner has had the snip and I’m not on any contraception. Has anyone else experienced a late period after having Covid?
Were you quite ill with covid? Any virus can cause problems afterwards, so it's probably down to you having been ill.

Were you quite ill with covid? Any virus can cause problems afterwards, so it's probably down to you having been ill.
Nope.
I had symptoms of aching, fever, headache loss of taste and smell but that only lasted for 3 days. I was fine, doing mum jobs!