Painful Period after Covid Vaccine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies for asking a bit of a TMI question, but has anyone been experiencing an increase in non-period related discharge since their shot?

Reactions: 1
I had my second pfizer last week and since the first my periods were quite messed up but now I have had really heavy period for about 10 days

It was raining blood and clots after Pfizer revaccination. I was scared shitless.
I have so much going on and hopefully the next one will be better, otherwise don't know how I'll leave the house for work etc
I’m relieved to see someone else describe what I went through tbh. Content warning blood, references to birth and a section, and general grossness I’m sorry I’m sharing this tbh
but I’m luckily wfh I just put a towel down on my chair in the end as it was unstoppable. I leaked more on my bed during the nights than I did after my c section (so admittedly not a full after birth or other damage downstairs) I couldn’t believe it. Every toilet trip was a massacre I’d have to put bleach down after. Then a few days after my cervical mucus was MAD, probably only 1/5th of when I shed my mucus plug after birth but bleeping insane nonetheless.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Got my period after first dose Pfizer! It felt like it was really delayed as I was enjoying 29/30 day cycles and this is 35 (I use the Flo App to track) and being told cycle length is regular.

Normal level cramps but feels heavier.

Either way Covid and the vaccines have seemingly added on a week ish to my cycle

I had my second vaccine back in April and since then my periods have been messed up. The first one lasted about 12 days, next one was late (I’m on the pill and they are like clockwork) and the next two I have had breakthrough bleeding. it’s so weird! I cant think of anything else that has happened that could have affected it!

Reactions: 2
I had my second in April and my period started a day or two later even though I wasn’t due. It was absolutely horrendous. I’ve since had two or three short periods a month, completely unpredictable. Can’t see the GP but the nurse isn’t having any of it, saying it’s normal at my age.

• Sad
Had my second jab a month or so ago, period after was a few days late but normal but my pms is very different. To the point ive done 4 pregnancy tests cos i feel sick, hot flushes, skin breakouts, that *feeling* in the pit of your stomach. Its really strange!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I had my second jab last week. Haven’t had a period yet but am worried. I’ve never had a regular cycle so have no idea when I might come on, but do often get very bad cramps. Likely due to it being heavy because of irregularities. Can anyone advise me on if anything has helped them cope with their symptoms as I’m starting university soon and can imagine myself coming on, on the first day.

• Heart
I had my second jab last week. Haven’t had a period yet but am worried. I’ve never had a regular cycle so have no idea when I might come on, but do often get very bad cramps. Likely due to it being heavy because of irregularities. Can anyone advise me on if anything has helped them cope with their symptoms as I’m starting university soon and can imagine myself coming on, on the first day.
You can get medication to delay your period

I hadn't had a period for a year (mirena coil) yet within a week of my 1st Pfizer I had cramping, sore boobs etc. That was May and since then I've had 3 "periods" lasting a day each but perfectly normal blood flow for that day, however I've had 2 weeks of period symptoms before that day.

• Sad
Can everyone please report these symptoms/changes on the yellow card website (just Google it). They keep trying to tell us there’s no evidence of these vaccines affecting fertility etc and clearly there is. I am 100% not an anti-vaxer at all, I just hate that we weren’t given facts before making a choice about the vaccine x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This thread has made me nervous haha. For context, I have PCOS and always had irregular periods so can't say if the vaccine has caused my cycle to change as it's nonexistent! But my first period after the first dose (Pfizer) was fine, no issues at all and was slightly lighter if anything. I had my second dose two weeks ago so will report back on how my next period goes 😬
I've now had my first period since the second vaccine - it was totally fine. It was exactly 4 weeks since the vaccine, not sure if that's a coincidence or not (I'm also not regular due to PCOS) but thought it was worth mentioning. I noticed a few more premenstrual symptoms than usual (sore boobs, headache, trouble sleeping, and a few spots) around 4-5 days before my period started which I can deal with, but those things don't usually happen until around 2 days before. Seems ok though so I'm feeling relieved.

Can everyone please report these symptoms/changes on the yellow card website (just Google it). They keep trying to tell us there’s no evidence of these vaccines affecting fertility etc and clearly there is. I am 100% not an anti-vaxer at all, I just hate that we weren’t given facts before making a choice about the vaccine x
I have done, despite being told it’s normal for my age 🙄. I’m also part of some kind of survey where they keep contacting me for symptoms and put it on there. They can’t keep saying it’s not a thing 😡

Reactions: 4
I’m currently on my period. My cramps aren’t very bad. I was having mild cramping all morning so took some neurofen so hopefully they don’t get worse. I think I got lucky and am happy it’ll be out the way by the time I start uni.

My first period after my first dose was two weeks late (I run like clockwork). Had my second dose nearly two months ago, was due a couple of days after and have had PMS symptoms since but still no period. I’m definitely not pregnant. Has anyone experienced something similar?

If the vaccine has had an affect on women who have been menstruating for years it makes me worry a bit about the idea of vaccinating girls just starting, or going through, puberty.
I have rarely heard menstrual side effects being talked about apart from here and Woman's Hour on the radio.
I'm not anti vac in the slightest, just wish these things were actually even acknowledged. I suppose as it is a women's issue it isn't top priority 🙄

Reactions: 8