Painful Period after Covid Vaccine

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting

My periods have also seemed a lot lighter than usual
Cramps are a bit weird. My period cramps can be pretty painful but I noticed yesterday that my pre-period cramps have been a lot worse. It actually felt like I was on my period rather than them just being there but not really
That's 100% how I've felt. I'm on day 4 of mine and I don't even feel like I'm on now.

Reactions: 3
Funnily enough just listening to Woman's Hour on Radio 4 and there are clinical trials going on re one of the ingredients in the vaccine and heavy periods.
The research was going on before Covid but hard to find funding (obviously - it's only periods so who cares 😏) but now it is going ahead.
The dose used in an emergency eg a covid vaccine is far far higher than would be used for ongoing treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding.
So yes the covid vaccine probably is the cause of your menstrual irregularities.
It's a shame women weren't made more aware of this potential side effect so realised it was normal.

Reactions: 11
Funnily enough just listening to Woman's Hour on Radio 4 and there are clinical trials going on re one of the ingredients in the vaccine and heavy periods.
The research was going on before Covid but hard to find funding (obviously - it's only periods so who cares 😏) but now it is going ahead.
The dose used in an emergency eg a covid vaccine is far far higher than would be used for ongoing treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding.
So yes the covid vaccine probably is the cause of your menstrual irregularities.
It's a shame women weren't made more aware of this potential side effect so realised it was normal.
I’m part of a trial and have been asked about my periods and contraception (it hadn’t affect mine though and mine really have anyway and I have to take medication monthly)

Reactions: 1
I had my first vaccine around 6 weeks ago, my first period was due a week or so after and was fine, but I did have a lot of spotting beforehand which is unusual for me.
But now I’m 3 days late for my next period. No PMS symptoms, but have been spotting for a few days.
I’m TTC and really questioning whether I should have the second.

I’m on the implant and not had a period for 2 1/2 years, 2 weeks after having my 1st jab I had a mini period no more than 3 days, then 4 weeks after that I had quite a heavy period, weird I had no cramps though. Got my 2nd vaccine this Thursday, I can’t be dealing with periods again after so long of not having any 🙈
Weird how the vaccine is having different effects on women’s menstrual cycles.

Mine was 3 weeks late! I’ve had the lightest period and it’s lasted 2 days rather than 5! I’m really worried about having the second vaccine because we are ready to start trying for a baby. I want to have my second vaccine so I’m double protected but so scared it’s going to affect my cycle again.

Reactions: 3
Did you all get AstraZeneca? Or was it Pfizer? (I haven't yet noticed much difference since my second jab but I keep hearing complaints and side effects like yours. Hope things go back to normal for you all, it sounds very distressing!)

After first vaccine my period was around 7/10 days late, normal cycle after the second. I didn’t notice any difference in the pain. Astra Zeneca for me.

I had the pfizer! I still find it strange that there isn’t much in the media about it when there seems to be a lot of people with the same issue.

Reactions: 2
I’m unvaccinated but I’ve had Covid a couple of weeks ago and was due my period last week, my partner has had the snip and I’m not on any contraception. Has anyone else experienced a late period after having Covid?
The period after my second vaccine was uncharacteristially 3 weeks late. I was PMS-ing for what felt like ages, and was getting stressed about the lateness, and it finally came. The period after that one was bang on a month later, and the one after that, so thankfully things seen normal again. I can only assume the second vaccine threw my cycle off whack that first month. It was a heavy one too.

I take flu shots every year and never have an issue with my cycle with those.

My last two periods (since 1st vaccination) have been weirdly close together.. 3 weeks between them! This is unknown for me. Just bizarre.

Reactions: 5
I had my first dose in January and my second dose in March. Since the first one my periods have been heavier and since the second one I’ve skipped a period altogether and the pain I get when I’m on it is unbearable. I thought I was going to pass out from the pain in work last week, I actually felt like I was in labour.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
This is being quite commonly reported but I must stress this is not only common with the covid vaccines, it's fairly common with other vaccinations and medical treatments.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi all.. interesting thread! I had my second jab 3 weeks ago (Astrazen), due on my period in a few days and I feel bleeping awful!

I usually get a touch of the PMS but nothing crazy. This week I’ve felt nauseous, no appetite, dizzy spells, and my energy has been through the floor!! I’m a very active fit person in my 20s and I’ve struggled to get out of bed, and felt wiped out even after a little walk. So much so that I even went for a covid test yesterday as I felt so off!! (Negative)

Hopefully when my period does arrive it’s not too bad but this PMS has wiped me out!! And my poor other half has noticed I’m far more irritable and pissy than usual 🤣

Reactions: 2
Did you all get AstraZeneca? Or was it Pfizer? (I haven't yet noticed much difference since my second jab but I keep hearing complaints and side effects like yours. Hope things go back to normal for you all, it sounds very distressing!)
AstraZeneca here 🙋🏻‍♀️

I had AZ and always have regular periods, however after my 1st my period was 2 weeks early and then went back to normal (although definitely more clots etc) . 2nd Vaccine, same thing happened. I’ve reported my symptoms via the yellow card system, so if you do have anything out of the ordinary please report it.

I had AZ. Started my period the day after my second vaccine and it lasted for two months. 😩 Now not had a period for 4 weeks. (I’m not pregnant)

• Wow
I was really ill my last period, I felt like I had a hangover and I felt really dehydrated because even though I was drinking lots of fluids, I had terrible diarrhoea. I am anaemic anyway but I was so fatigued and was barely able to get out of bed. However, my period was lighter but with more clots and more back pain.

I’m due on in the next 2 days and a few days ago I was cramping quite badly which is unusual for me, my cramps are usually worse on day 3 of my period.

I have my 2nd jab in a few weeks and I’m worried about it. Im having the Pfizer one. I had no idea that this was a common problem and I do think they should be sharing this and this is also why I was concerned about having the vaccine but felt forced into having it because I have family who live abroad who I haven’t seen in a couple of years and I’m desperate to see them. They are not able to come here, so in order to see them, I had to agree to get vaccinated to travel 😕

• Sad
Not me personally but a friend has been having real issues with her periods and the drs are wondering if it’s from her vaccine. She is passing huge clots (she showed me pictures 😔) and is just absolutely wiped out, soaking through clothes etc. I met her the other day and she was actually grey 😔

• Sad
Not me personally but a friend has been having real issues with her periods and the drs are wondering if it’s from her vaccine. She is passing huge clots (she showed me pictures 😔) and is just absolutely wiped out, soaking through clothes etc. I met her the other day and she was actually grey 😔
Oh bless her.
Is she able to have a blood test to see if she is anemic?
hopefully it gets easier for her.