Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

This.is.me

VIP Member
I’ve had two periods since having my second dose and literally think I had a weeks break in between, apart from that it’s been continuous bleeding. Starting to wish I’d never had the vaccine and worried about how long this will go on for…

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Can everyone please report these symptoms/changes on the yellow card website (just Google it). They keep trying to tell us there’s no evidence of these vaccines affecting fertility etc and clearly there is. I am 100% not an anti-vaxer at all, I just hate that we weren’t given facts before making a choice about the vaccine x

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Funnily enough just listening to Woman's Hour on Radio 4 and there are clinical trials going on re one of the ingredients in the vaccine and heavy periods.
The research was going on before Covid but hard to find funding (obviously - it's only periods so who cares 😏) but now it is going ahead.
The dose used in an emergency eg a covid vaccine is far far higher than would be used for ongoing treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding.
So yes the covid vaccine probably is the cause of your menstrual irregularities.
It's a shame women weren't made more aware of this potential side effect so realised it was normal.

I don’t mean to sound grim but my first one after the vaccine, I passed a clot the size of my fist! I thought that was it for me!

• Wow
  • Sad

GladiatorReady

VIP Member
It's just so annoying - it really does feel like it's just being swept under the rug. The fact that for 'most' people (and most could be 50.1%) it seems to be temporary doesn't mean that it will be for everyone, and even if it is temporary for 100% of people then it still deserves to be investigated.

If 35,000 men in the UK had experienced penis related issues then I think this would have be taken a lot more seriously from the get go.

Reactions: 9

Blahblahahaaa77

VIP Member
Oh my days I got my booster yesterday and I’m due on tomorrow and the cramping is insane … I’ve had to come to bed as couldn’t bare being around my family 🤦🏼‍♀️. This never used to happen!

• Sad
  • Heart

fruitfriends

Mine are excruciating since the vaccine, however they’re also almost non existent bleeding wise it’s very weird.

Instagram Sham

I’ve had two periods since having my second dose and literally think I had a weeks break in between, apart from that it’s been continuous bleeding. Starting to wish I’d never had the vaccine and worried about how long this will go on for…
oh god! I go on holiday with two toddlers on Sunday - in the UK…. I haven’t slept well for a few days and I feel like my period should have started but it’s not yet. Honestly don’t know what to do about it… I’m in agony.
More than slightly irritated that this isn’t identified as a recognised side effect given the amount of women who are suffering

• Sad
Reactions: 8

Lardidar

I don’t mean to sound grim but my first one after the vaccine, I passed a clot the size of my fist! I thought that was it for me!
That’s awful, really feel for you! The first period after the vaccine I had terrible clots, so many and large. It also started a week early, which has NEVER happened before, I’m usually regular like clockwork.

• Wow
  • Sad

Instagram Sham

Has anyone else experienced this please? Been up all night feeling like I was in Labour, honestly awful. Wondering how long before I’m functioning again.

Read online that this is a common issue when I saw this article by chance yesterday after4 days of dull lower back pain and now two days of the most awful cramps 😬 it’s made me a bit worried about the jab to be honest.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
If the vaccine has had an affect on women who have been menstruating for years it makes me worry a bit about the idea of vaccinating girls just starting, or going through, puberty.
I have rarely heard menstrual side effects being talked about apart from here and Woman's Hour on the radio.
I'm not anti vac in the slightest, just wish these things were actually even acknowledged. I suppose as it is a women's issue it isn't top priority 🙄

candyland_

VIP Member
After about 4 months my periods and pms have finally started to settle down.. it’s been horrendous. I won’t be getting a booster jab if offered one down the line for this reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

SquiggleWiggle

Chatty Member
I had the jab in July, last period was August :( since I’ve felt pms symptoms pretty much every day and it’s really affecting my mental health. Really hoping it sorts out soon as we’re supposed to be TTC. As a result I won’t be getting the 2nd shot or booster jab
I’ve finally had a period! It was such a relief and I feel so normal again. I didn’t realise how hormonal I felt. Hopefully this means I’m back to normal. Good luck to you all

• Heart

mrsdewinter

I’m so pleased I decided to actually open this thread. I’d heard from a few friends about certain upsets to menstrual cycle post-vaccine but mostly late or earlier periods and heavier bleeding. I hadn’t heard of others experiencing worse PMS symptoms than usual though, which is exactly what I’ve had for all of the 6 cycles I’ve had since my second jab.

Usually I would develop mildly tender breasts about 4 days pre-period and experience a bit of a bloated stomach and anxiety/agitation. My cycle is very predictable and as I’ve been TTC for a while I’m very aware and in tune with them and every little symptom. With each cycle since my second vaccine dose I’ve woken up one-two days after ovulation with rock hard, agonisingly painful breasts, significant water retention all over my body and extremely low mood. The first couple of times I thought my cycle was going to be messed up and my period was going to come 11-12 days early but no - just the most extreme PMS symptoms I’ve ever experienced for 14-16 days of each cycle. I’m in the middle of this yet again currently, and I’m still around 10 days away from my period starting. I’m so fed up with feeling like this for essentially half of every month.

Last edited:
  • Heart
The periods I've had since the second Pfizer jab have been horrendous. This thread really makes me feel less alone.

I have been in so much pain and had such heavy periods that I asked for an exemption form. It has just come back as unsuccessful and it has made me so angry (letter arrived on the first day of my period so I was already raging).

I'm just so upset that they think we should all just endure this horrible pain and horrible periods just for the sake of having the jab.

• Heart
  • Sad

dancingqueen5678

Chatty Member
I had Pfizer and my periods got significantly worse after my first one. So much so I had to go on the pill. I had vomiting and diarrhoea for 3 days. 3 months in row I had to get sent home from work cause I couldn't function.

• Sad
  • Heart

ShaWei

Chatty Member
I know people who have had heavy bleeding/periods every other week since 💉 when i say have u reported yellow card scheme/ considered it as side effect they wont even acknowledge it as a possibility 🤷🏼‍♀️
I think for me this is the major issue. It’s totally ignored. If they acknowledged it and said yes, your cycle may change but our research has shown this is temporary and not affecting fertility etc then people would be happier. But it’s totally ignored. It’s this going to cause people long term health issues? We just don’t know and as ever, women and periods seem to be an ignored topic.