Paging Mr Morrow #5 anywhoos, let’s go to rehab!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It blows my mind how inconsiderate he is filming other people. I swear he stands in the middle of a busy walkway to film himself super loudly, so many people uncomfortable in the background. Why does he decide so many other people will be posted online for the world to see? Can he not face the camera to a wall or something instead of zooming in on peoples faces? I hope he gets help for his alcoholism. Seeing his face get redder and redder as the day goes on is astonishing

Reactions: 5
I haven't watched a few of PMM's vi
And then he also conveniently ran into a "fwend" with a das pass. Who even more convenient got him on Rise and other busy rides. How nifty...
When I saw who he was going on the ride with I was like wow, look at that. Rise is 120+ mins and I'm "here with some friends" next scene you're on the ride. Whoever made the comment about him bumming rides wasn't lying.

Reactions: 3
I'll admit, I do like SOME of PMM's content, (especially his non-Disney content, including going to other parks like Hershey Park and Knoebels). A little Disney here and there is fine. Showing us new treats is fine. However, all this gluttonous eating is just way too much. He could have went a few times over the next week or so to show us all these, one in each video. Even having a friend or 2 to split these treats with (as I'm sure I've seen him do with Jackie before) would be better if he just had to try them all for the same video. He consumed more sugar (as in extra/added sugar) in this one video than I probably do in 2 weeks, likely longer. I truly am concerned about his well being.

Being Type-2 diabetic (which is currently very well maintained), I used to overdue it on sweets, carbs and just overeating in general, though nowhere near as bad as this. I was also dealing with anxiety and depression, something I feel he is silently dealing with currently. I wish his true supporters and friends would do more to encourage better habits. I know for his supporters, they love seeing all the new foods and treats, but there are better ways to go about showing them off. I understand feeling pressured to get content out, especially when you're relying on it for your only source of income. However, your health should come first, especially when overweight.

Nate, if you're reading this, I'm not a Dr, but you need to own what's going on inside so that you can live a longer, healthier & happy life. It's something you have to do for you. Even if you aren't diabetic or have high blood pressure, high cholesterol or other issues, the way you're eating is eventually going to cause you to head that direction. I know you've got to know someone who would be willing to help you with a healthier living journey. You don't have to change everything at once. Take it step by step. You also don't have to give up everything you love. You just need to learn about proper portioning and when to indulge in a treat. I still enjoy everything I love to eat, it's just all about how you go about eating it.

I know it's not easy to change, I've been dealing with weight issues since Jr high school, like the last 30 years, with ups and downs, and still have weak moments. I was at my heaviest last June/July at 255 pounds and I'm 5'8". Since then I've gotten my glucose, blood sugar, cholesterol and other things in line, and now I'm at 199 pounds and feel much better. Disclaimer, I did switch diabetic meds and started an injectable med which helps curb appetite and was a big help with the weight loss, but I had to be willing to take that step. I'm still not there yet, as I still need to lose another 25-30 pounds, which at this point is going to take exercise and being more active.

Reactions: 9
I doubt he has medical insurance. Florida's former governor opted Florida out of the ACA Marketplace, so purchasing health coverage as an unemployed person costs a lot of money (way more than most Americans on ACA are paying).

Reactions: 1
Nate, if you're reading this, I'm not a Dr, but you need to own what's going on inside so that you can live a longer, healthier & happy life. It's something you have to do for you. Even if you aren't diabetic or have high blood pressure, high cholesterol or other issues, the way you're eating is eventually going to cause you to head that direction. I know you've got to know someone who would be willing to help you with a healthier living journey. You don't have to change everything at once. Take it step by step. You also don't have to give up everything you love. You just need to learn about proper portioning and when to indulge in a treat. I still enjoy everything I love to eat, it's just all about how you go about eating it.
Nate, I am a doctor, and someone who has dealt with a lot of the same issues you have, both with health, and I suspect also with mental health. I also think you've got a lot of stuff to work on, both with what you put in your mouth and what's going on inside your head. I don't know what it is that makes you so sad, but I suspect that the food and the YouTube are filling a hole in your life. But the YouTube stuff can ultimately be transitory, and if you don't have anything real, I think you'd be even more lonely than you already are. I know I make a lot of snarky comments about your weight, but I don't think you're a bad guy, and I really just feel really sad for you.

I think if you want your channel to be successful for the long term, you need to start dealing with all of that stuff. Leaning into this persona isn't sustainable, and I think being a more authentic version of yourself, especially if you're comfortable showing your vulnerabilities, would make your channel really awesome.

Reactions: 6
If the "Mean People Suck" brigade gets too confident about how heartless the crowd here at TL is toward vloggers, I wish they'd read the past few comments. I'm a johnny come lately, but I often detect a sense of genuine concern (for humanity at large, if not for the individual) even in some of the most brutal criticisms I've read here.

Reactions: 4
I find Nate's persona annoying, but I am convinced by stories that he's more normal when the camera is off. I don't want terrible things to happen to him (having a favorite teacher from high school and her daughter/my friend have to go through the rest of their lives without a son/brother and another friend whose son grew up without a father because of drunk drivers, I do take a very dim few of that), but even when I go in hard on his conduct and appearance, it's not because I hate him.

I just feel sad for him.

Not a doctor here. Not going to snark the last two comments because they are so spot on and needed to be said.

My two cents would be that his "fans" do more harm than good. They continue to fuel the machine that is his mass consumption. They not only do so via patreon and youtube, but by rushing to his defence when someone calls him out in the comments of any video or clip he is in. This way he does not have to own up to his actions. Without them saying it, the deterioration of his health is their entertainment. It's "fun" to them to watch him eat and drink (towards a possible DUI). At what point does this stop?

The other people that seem to be doing harm are people like the Kingdom Krew (or Klan as I like to call them). They are a group of problematic and immature adults that encourage bad behavior from Nate. If he knew what was good, he would distance himself from them sooner rather than later.

Adding likes and clicks aren't worth it especially when those around you are doing nothing but dragging you down in the process.

Reactions: 6
I don't want terrible things to happen to him ... but even when I go in hard on his conduct and appearance, it's not because I hate him.
I admit that some degree of schaudenfreude plays into it with a few vloggers I watch, but not so with Nate. He's just representative of certain human behaviors that frustrate me (gluttony, blind consumerism, etc.), and it's helpful to hear others' observations and share my own so that I can try to understand what motivates those behaviors.

I think it's interesting with vloggers because they create a fake persona online with their community of "fwends" who are just pumping them up with lies (for reference check the rise & fall of Michael kay) Anyone who goes "against" said vlogger/personality is a "hater" and immediately gets blocked/banned.

You then get this group of adoring fans who find you so "positive and jolly" meanwhile you're stuffing yourself with everything in sight "for the people" but you're clearly masking some personal issues. It takes a point in your life where you realize that all the treats/junk are ruining your inside and are going to lead to massive health challenges (wheelchair) before you're even 50. It's a scary sight because it looks like PMM won't stop. I'm not really familiar with his ex-wife but I see she lost some lbs after they split, too bad he's going in the opposite direction.

Maybe instead of focusing on his size, focus on what he can directly control. We all know how hard it can be when it comes to our bodies. I’m not here to take his side, but body shaming isn’t cool.

Criticizing his diet is fair game to me. He can directly control that. I’m starting to believe that he doesn’t know how to function like a normal adult. As in cooking for himself at home and things like that. He is always eating at the parks or bringing something home. His diet might be a direct reflection of him being incapable of being a functioning adult on his own.

Reactions: 2
Maybe instead of focusing on his size, focus on what he can directly control. We all know how hard it can be when it comes to our bodies. I’m not here to take his side, but body shaming isn’t cool.

Criticizing his diet is fair game to me. He can directly control that. I’m starting to believe that he doesn’t know how to function like a normal adult. As in cooking for himself at home and things like that. He is always eating at the parks or bringing something home. His diet might be a direct reflection of him being incapable of being a functioning adult on his own.
If he took his eating habits seriously I doubt any of us would be going on about his size.

Reactions: 2
A begets B, though.

Being fat doesn't make Nate a bad person. But what's as unhelpful as body-shaming, and the stans egging him on, are comments, including some here that "he's not that big" or "he carries his weight well." I'm sorry, but no, he is and he doesn't. That's not shaming, that's just what it is.

A begets B, though.

Being fat doesn't make Nate a bad person. But what's as unhelpful as body-shaming, and the stans egging him on, are comments, including some here that "he's not that big" or "he carries his weight well." I'm sorry, but no, he is and he doesn't. That's not shaming, that's just what it is.
I wont argue this point. All of the above are unhelpful. I guess my point was to not make his size the focal point or compare him to his ex when it comes to losing weight. Do I think he carries his weight well? Absolutely not! I just don’t want to directly focus on that.

Truth be told, if he was actually running and not lying about it he might actually see a change in body type. Wearing the race jacket won’t help him, doing the work will.

I wont argue this point. All of the above are unhelpful. I guess my point was to not make his size the focal point or compare him to his ex when it comes to losing weight. Do I think he carries his weight well? Absolutely not! I just don’t want to directly focus on that.

Truth be told, if he was actually running and not lying about it he might actually see a change in body type. Wearing the race jacket won’t help him, doing the work will.
Where did any of us compare him to his ex? I believe this all occurred due to the circumstances surrounding that situation.

I think it's interesting with vloggers because they create a fake persona online with their community of "fwends" who are just pumping them up with lies (for reference check the rise & fall of Michael kay) Anyone who goes "against" said vlogger/personality is a "hater" and immediately gets blocked/banned.

You then get this group of adoring fans who find you so "positive and jolly" meanwhile you're stuffing yourself with everything in sight "for the people" but you're clearly masking some personal issues. It takes a point in your life where you realize that all the treats/junk are ruining your inside and are going to lead to massive health challenges (wheelchair) before you're even 50. It's a scary sight because it looks like PMM won't stop. I'm not really familiar with his ex-wife but I see she lost some lbs after they split, too bad he's going in the opposite direction.
This is what I was referring to.

Speaking of not body shaming people but just an observation, the florida life diet has not been kind to the WDW Couple as per their latest vlog.

Speaking of not body shaming people but just an observation, the florida life diet has not been kind to the WDW Couple as per their latest vlog.
Is she using Jenn Tracker as her personal stylist? Oof. He looks to have put on some pounds too.

1647011760760.png

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.