Our Yorkshire Farm

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It would be interesting to see if any of Amanda's kids end up rebelling against her, she is pretty controlling. Raven and Reuben seem to be keeping her happy.

Reactions: 5
I really did used to love Amanda - in the early days, the first book days. Where she seemed genuine. Now she really grates on me, don’t get me wrong I find the families lifestyle amazing and I would love to live that life I honestly would but she’s all for the media and the money. Now clearly everyone needs to make a living and farming is TOUGH and expensive there’s no denying that so well done for finding a way to gain extra income but honestly I’ve just watched that bbc interview . So it’s all about becoming self sufficient, using what you have - ermmm haven’t u been doing that the last 20 years due to being ‘cut off’ and lower income prior to the fame. Why give them play dough if they can make dough and then bread- that certainly isn’t a revelation I watched u do that with them in the first series, I mean come on, u haven’t done anything new and u start interview by saying you hadn’t noticed lockdown until the tourists stopped arriving. Just irritates the life out of me.

Reactions: 8
It would be interesting to see if any of Amanda's kids end up rebelling against her, she is pretty controlling. Raven and Reuben seem to be keeping her happy.
Just lets hope it's not Clemmie, I really think she could be the rebel (if there is going to be one).

Just lets hope it's not Clemmie, I really think she could be the rebel (if there is going to be one).
I always think that everything isn’t as rosy as portrayed between her and Raven. Ravens body language and facial expressions give a lot away. I just don’t think she would publicly humiliate her. Clemmie is a right rebel 😂

Reactions: 3
I'm glad Raven got to get away to university and Ruben is doing his apprenticeship, still so many old fashioned heads in agriculture that seem to enslave their children with promises of the world and then give them nothing not even a proper wage. Least they seem to be free to persue other interests.

There was a repeat the other night of Ade Edmundsons the dales programme. Crazy to see how much she's changed, even the way she speaks. Used to enjoy watching the program but it just annoys me now.

Reactions: 7
I always think that everything isn’t as rosy as portrayed between her and Raven. Ravens body language and facial expressions give a lot away. I just don’t think she would publicly humiliate her. Clemmie is a right rebel 😂
I don't think so either - she did not have a good start at York Uni with Covid but think she will find her feet more this coming year and branch out a little, maybe not going home so much and having time with friends.
I also think Raven liked looking after the younger ones but not as much as was expected by Amanda.

Wow !
Well she certainly did and it appears they have been very happily married for many many years with children who come across as really happy.
And so what if she did contact tv companies , and secure her family’s financial future 🤷🏼‍♀️ Good on her , it certainly hasn’t done them any harm .
I know this is tattle but your comments seem incredibly personal and vindictive without any rational points !
I actually think it was Julia Bradbury who found them and thought they would make a great watch. If you look on Amanda owens/Yorkshire shepherdess website, or it may be the ravenseat website it tells the story. I like you don't see she's done anything wrong. That's a big family and tenant farmer's don't actually own the farm obvs. So what if she's used her head and is making hay while the sun shines. 😂

Reactions: 2

Oh dear. Just as a book is coming out promoting a happy family life.
Sorry to hear this but shows what a farce a lot of it is and how gullible some people are.
That’s going to destroy the daily Mail fan club.

I am sad for all of them though, especially the children.

Reactions: 5

Oh dear. Just as a book is coming out promoting a happy family life.
"The decision is very much in Amanda's hands" and Clive "will do as he's told"

Sounds about right. Poor man's been doing what he's told for the last twenty years.

Reactions: 11
"The decision is very much in Amanda's hands" and Clive "will do as he's told"

Sounds about right. Poor man's been doing what he's told for the last twenty years.
Exactly what I thought as well! Yet she's held up as a role model and a strong independent woman etc etc (inserts eye roll)! As if that makes her treatment of her husband ok!
Yeah strong by laying down the law to others (including her daughter's) I don't think it's good for a family's self esteem and confidence to be ruled by one person. I don't think it's healthy or desirable let's be honest there must be a lot of simmering resentments that have built up over the years?
Yes it might be sad if they split up but then Clive being a hen pecked husband is not on either is it?
That's a form of bullying imo and if the boot was on the other foot and it was a woman having no share of power or say in the relationship and basically being ordered what to do we'd probably call it out and rightly so?
I don't see why she should get a free pass from judgement or criticism (check out the Daily mail if you really want to see industrial strength fawning!) just because she's beautiful or charismatic?

Reactions: 7
A few comments in the Mail comments say that it’s been known for some time in the farming community that she is having an affair with one of the camera men. And that it’s not the first time.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Interesting she's just done a repost on the gram and 5 of the girls were on stage at her show in Middlesbrough on Sunday night.

Reactions: 1
So she's staying in their rental cottage while Clive stays at home? He looks after the kids then? What a nightmare. Marriages end, it happens, but when there's 9 kids to consider it can't be easy. Obviously things have changed for her and her life is different with different influences now that her horizons have been widened.

Reactions: 4
‘Apparently’ it’s been common knowledge locally for some time but the press being what they are, saved this for the night before the book release.
It’s a PR disaster because the USP is a wholesome back to nature family.

You only have to look at the comments on Facebook and Twitter to see it’s the nostalgia and illusion of good parenting that people want.
The simultaneous praising of the family while dismissing most other children as useless yobs.

I would imagine her PR team are desperate to contain the story.

Reactions: 6
I had a feeling this would happen,she had a taste of what life could be like for her&she may not want to go back. I feel sorry for Clive,he seems genuine&lovely with the kids. There’s something about Amanda though,like it’s all an act.

Reactions: 14
I feel sorry for the kids, it's difficult for any child if there's a divorce. It happens to a lot of people doesn't it?
But the Owens are more sheltered than most, and if their parents split up it will rock their worlds hard.
They will literally only have each other to confide in and rely on.
It's not like they can go out to play with Sophie and Jack next door, who's mum and dad have split up and will get where they are coming from is it?
I'd imagine that a big part of what makes that beautiful but isolated home so beneficial for the children is the stability of the family being together.
It's just sad for them.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
A few comments in the Mail comments say that it’s been known for some time in the farming community that she is having an affair with one of the camera men. And that it’s not the first time.
No surprise there, she hankered to be a catwalk model but only got work modelling cardigans and sweaters for catalogues, I expect she now thinks she is mixing with the right kind of people and wants to be a celebrity. She will be doing Strictly next year.

I had a feeling this would happen,she had a taste of what life could be like for her&she may not want to go back. I feel sorry for Clive,he seems genuine&lovely with the kids. There’s something about Amanda though,like it’s all an act.
I am glad that its out in the open though, this illusion of them being the perfect white hardworking family was a bit silly really but of course DM readers lapped it up. She is a schemer and very ambitious and she obviously started to see that she could be a celebrity and find fame which I think she craves.

Pretty much blaming the media for their problems. I suggest they should be thankful of the media for making them money through TV shows, books, media appearances etc.