Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Maid22

VIP Member
She obviously just married him for his money and the farm because he is really unattractive and way too old for her. I don't know one single friend of mine who would entertain that man if he asked them out. He's like someone's Grandad.
Really? Does age matter? They have kids together, they work their arses off on that farm and are happy, does it matter what he looks like? ,he comes across as a good dad.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

cosmo girl

VIP Member
I love this TV show! I love Amanda too :ROFLMAO: Kids don't seem spoilt. Much rather a home like theirs than the grey show homes celebs keep posting online. If you've got the legs show them off 🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Lizzymint

VIP Member
The T.V companies didnt come knocking on the off chance, she contacted them and everyone else who can breathe in order to make money. Does anyone honestly think that she found that old man attractive? She was after the farm and lifestyle it would buy her that's all. I dont know one woman who would entertain a man like him who was 20+ older and who looks ancient.
Wow !
Well she certainly did and it appears they have been very happily married for many many years with children who come across as really happy.
And so what if she did contact tv companies , and secure her family’s financial future 🤷🏼‍♀️ Good on her , it certainly hasn’t done them any harm .
I know this is tattle but your comments seem incredibly personal and vindictive without any rational points !

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think there was another thread recently on them? Anyway, going against the grain here, I'm not keen on Amanda, I think she is very much living her dream and every one else has to ride on her coat tails. Prancing around in her mini skirt (wth?) and very impractical accessories, she is very attention/fame hungry, they have been on every tv and radio channel going. I'm so glad Raven got away to uni, she was the Radfords equivalent of Chloe, always doing the childcare. I've read the books and Amanda seemed very detached from the children. Undoubtedly they have a lovely looking lifestyle though.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I watched a bit of their latest programme, their house is an overcrowded hovel, the stairs are an accident waiting to happen. Their only saving grace is that they live on a beautiful farm, if they had the same 9 children sharing 2 bedrooms in a council house in Barnsley public opinion of them would be very different.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

sixdinnersid83

Chatty Member
A few comments in the Mail comments say that it’s been known for some time in the farming community that she is having an affair with one of the camera men. And that it’s not the first time.

• Wow

Misbehaving

VIP Member
I am not really sure what I think of Amanda and I definitely would not take a daily Mail article as an accurate account of what was said by the daughter.

The family do seem untouchable by criticism which I always have found interesting. They are very much beloved by lots of people and the daily Mail comments section always raves about how wonderful they are.
Yes that's very true! No wonder she likes to market herself (it's understandable to a certain degree) because she knows the life they lead is in a sense both aspirational and nostalgic!
People need respite from the modern world and all the stress that brings and this is a perfect slice of escapism if you will.
She is savvy I'll give her that she knows she is photogenic and let's be honest seems to be naturally (genetically) blessed.
Not only is she beautiful but she seems very fit and energetic and seems to be one of those lucky woman who pings back into shape like an elastic band and makes the whole motherhood lark seem pretty easy! Then again it is easy if you have a marriage where your partner is both supportive and besotted with you and also where the other children are there to be helping hands!
She really is the archetypal shepherdess( with all the fertility symbolism that evokes) with her flock of children and animals to look after.
So it's pastoral and idyllic to those of us fatigued by inner city living! (I know I am)
Nevermind hard work we all work hard but this is hard work that offers a real sense of satisfaction getting in touch with nature and the natural world and all its natural abundance.
I've lived for a time in rural Albania and I immediately felt fitter and healthier than I had done for years (the difference was palpable and I miss it) also a sense of community and shared trials.
Not to mention the delicious (home made food) and eating things that have been grown or nurtured by you is something else!
So I completely get the huge attraction and fascination Amanda and her family hold for people
Who doesn't want to tap into the good life? So again (sorry to repeat) yes it's hard work but the rewards are so worth it
Which leads me onto my next point her criticism of other parents r.e them bringing up a snowflake generation who don't like hard work or know how to do things!
I think it's then that i thought oh dear....
That revealed to me quite frankly a bit of a snooty and condescending attitude!
She is imo starting to get a bit of a big head!
Tbh being her it must be difficult not to because as I've said she has it all brains beauty strength living her best life a beautiful family and is living in one of the most beautiful parts of England doing a job she loves.

However just because she loves what she does and is riding high on a wave of Hugh popularity (Yes most of the DM readers seem to venerate her as some kind of super woman earth goddess)
She really is starting to believe that hype imo and is walking a fine line really between being powerful and being arrogant!

The remarks aimed at other parents considering we've all been pushed to the brim during lockdown and a lot of us faced huge restrictions were really in my opinion tone deaf and insensitive.
How does she know with certainty that other people's children (or parents) don't work hard?
A lot of work these days for example involves a high degree of mental or emotional stress and exertion.
Think for example of a teacher or police officer or nurse!
How would she like to have been a bus driver or delivery person or work on a checkout (especially during a pandemic)!
Yet it's these maybe more mundane and stressful jobs that make up the backbone of our society.
Parents don't get congratulated or given kudos for doing it (or at least not public adulation) but you know life has to go on .. .
Bills to pay chores to do kids to look after (remember home schooling anyone) locked indoors like sardines. Yes the restrictions lifted but the tiredness didn't!
It was (still is) for many (myself include) pretty relentless and exhausting!
Now we have Amanda Owens telling us that guess what we (and our kids) didn't work hard or know the meaning of it!
To add insult to injury we are told that we all (because she does generalise) don't know how to do things and that we are breeding a generation of snowflakes!
This at a time when many people struggled financially mentally and had maybe the biggest pressure that they'd ever had
With both the divorce rate and rate of domestic violence being at an all time high.
In some ways we've never had it so bad (sorry but it did feel like that) and she's never had it so good!
Well bully for her but she really came across to be honest as if she lacked empathy.
Good for her she is so fortunate in so many ways but she really doesn't seem to understand that and for me at least that makes her quite unlikeable.
She has everything but she knows it doesn't she and you know a good dose of humility just wouldn't go amiss now would it?
Just my opinion I don't expect everyone to agree with it but she does seem to have quite the talent for wrongly believing that her opinions are the last word on anything and is becoming insufferably self righteous and preachy!
Save it Amanda pride comes before a fall.

• Heart

sixdinnersid83

Chatty Member
Been trying to work out why she bothers me and it’s because IMO she is quite judgmental about other parents and how they bring their children up. Calling them snowflakes etc and giving hers a superior upbringing.

And yet there she is banging a camera-man in the rental place.

• Haha
  • Wow

Libbub

VIP Member
Not gonna lie its proper heartwarming seeing the way he interacts with the kids. He's a good dad! I hope he finds some happiness.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

nbt

VIP Member
Really feel for Clive. Sounds like a reporter went knocking on his door while he was minding his own business and the kids were playing out. Poor man 💔 he also seems so nice, a proper grafter and a great dad. Sounds like he has a lot of friends too.

lifeissweet

Chatty Member
I've read the books but never watched the show. The books describe all the hard work that farming involves and the beauty of the area. When I look at her twitter feed the photos don't match with that life - dangly earrings, loose hair, miniskirts, makeup. I've never seen anyone work on a farm dressed up like that - it's a serious safety issue for starters!
The latest twitter posts show her here there and everywhere around the country.
Are we really expected to believe she has time to bring up 9 kids, run the house, run the farm, run the cafe, the shepherds hut, renovate and run the Firs, wizz around from town to town doing book signings. She must be superhuman!
Something just doesn't add up as no-one can do that much without help and I guess the lions share is being done by Clive.

Lizzymint

VIP Member
Serious hard graft? she had that massive family to make money out of them, the children are commodities. If it was someone on a council estate that had that many kids the narrative would be very different. I think her husband is way too old for as well. She knew how to market them well that's all.
Sorry I have to respectfully disagree , whatever you think of the family, they had a large family before Adrian Edmondson came knocking, and when the cameras stop rolling that farm is a huge amount of work in often very tough conditions. I grew up on a farm and am well aware of what it takes .
If she was on a council estate with that many children his daughter literally wouldn’t have a story to peddle to the Sun newspaper.
As for his age , it really doesn’t matter, they seem perfectly happy and have been together a long time .
Im not a fan of everything she does , but his daughter desperately crawling out of the woodwork with a non story is pathetic!

She seems like she’s jealous she can’t complain that she’s hard done by financially by them then not invite Amanda to her wedding, I’m assuming the kids weren’t invited either

It said 2018 so not too long ago and they were on tv then so why not invite them all
She’s in her forties so I fail to see what their finances have to do with her tbh

Cuckoo75

Hes old enough to be her father, I don't know one woman IRL now who would entertain someone that old. The only woman I did know was years ago and she warned everyone I know off going with a much older man as she ended up his carer in her 40s.
My husband and I have the same age cap. We are still very happily married after 21 years together however he is now my carer. I began with health issues 10 years ago and he still works full time though he is nearly at retirement age and looks after me. Age doesn't matter. Health can fail you at any age

• Heart

Maccydd

I had a feeling this would happen,she had a taste of what life could be like for her&she may not want to go back. I feel sorry for Clive,he seems genuine&lovely with the kids. There’s something about Amanda though,like it’s all an act.

Reactions: 14

MummaNoggins

VIP Member
I've seen Amands replying to a Instagram comment about her not allowing Annais and Violet to 'shine' Her reply basically said it was up to them how much of a part they played in the filming. Rightly so. If they don't want to be shown then I assume they stay out of the way.

Clem is massively bright from what I can see. I don't think Amanda pushes formal education (and she's only what 4/5?). She'll learn to count in days now she's at school. The Owens seem to focus more on life skills and practical things. Seems to work, Raven is at uni (medicine?). Ruben shows all the signs of being a great mechanic etc etc.
I love Syd and his pup. Such a good relationship. Violet and Edith are a bit younger than my youngest. They seem far more mature and grown up than mine does ( neither a good nor bad thing, different kids/lives/upbringing. Just an observation).

I used to really enjoy the show but have unfollowed her on insta as it was all her pouting and posing with a soft filter. I found watching the tv show I liked Clive more and more and yet was seeing him less and less on camera. For me a solo show about her wouldn't be of much interest.

• Heart