Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Libbub

VIP Member
I also heard that Ade Edmundson had tried to get in with her when he filmed them initially.

I feel for Clive and the children. I didn't agree with Rosie selling her story but at the same time that must be so hard seeing 'happy families' plastered all over when your dad hardly bothers. Like you say it will all come out in the end.
I mean if she really loved her dad she would have accepted his choice of a second wife and at the very least have asked her to the wedding. Amanda wasn't invited and her dad did his duty. If she truly loved him she'd have sucked up her own feelings and found a way. There's times in life when we don't particularly like people but for the sake of others that we do love we tolerate them. As far as I'm concerned it's just a jealous daughter with a massive axe to grind. I've got no respect for her. By selling stories she's hurting the very person she professes that she adored.

Reactions: 8
of course she is cashing in but it's a shame as it taints the image we have of them

i think she is getting to like the attention to much imo

Reactions: 7

Eirawen

VIP Member
I've been reading comments under a lot of different posts on Facebook for a little while and there seems to be a lot of rumours. Quite a few popular ones too.

One is saying that it's just all the kids and Clive living at Ravenseat farm now. And Amanda hasn't lived there for a good 18 months to 2 years.
(All these common knowledge amongst the "locals" apparently)

Also that she has been living alone at "The Firs" (that's their holiday let which they use to rent out). There's also a popular rumour saying she only just recently bought a house in Harrogate.

There's quite a few comments too about how Reuben has stopped talking to Amanda and hasn't talked to her for a while already
I remember when Reuben got his job as a mechanic how cringeworthy Amanda was when she gleefully told him that he could service and repair their vehicles from now in and they wouldn't have to pay. I also felt there was quite a lot of tension between Amanda and her eldest child Raven at times.

• Heart

Raa

VIP Member
I’ve read the books and followed from the start of the shows. I do love it, I love the idea of their life however I do think she’s become fame hungry.
I agree. I liked them all at the start but she’s definitely changed and become more unlikeable. I think that’s because the fame and money has gone to her head. Always made me laugh when she said about not having iPads etc yet she posts on Instagram everyday

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Sorry that it’s the Daily Fail 🤦🏼‍♀️ but it seems Amanda’s new man wasn’t a camera man, but instead an even older IT guy, who had worked with them to build her website when their TV show first took off years ago! 😳
Bloody hell! He's even older than her husband! 😄

• Haha

minnieminx88

VIP Member
Im new to the show (and this thread) im on series 4 now.
Hth does she keep up with the washing is what i want to know. I mean their clothes will be rotten at the end of the day so she will be doing 11 sets of stuff. Clive is lovely. What a hard working man. So lovely with the children. Feel sad knowing what has gone on with Amanda tho. It looked an idyllic life. Hard work no doubt and thats an understatement but i think the idea of being so isolated appeals to me!!

xRFx

The thing is farming doesn't make much money at all and they are tenant farmers so don't own the farm or any property. They are millionaires now because of Amanda and her monetising of their life. They could only buy the other property because of that. His previous wife would have had to live on not much, then got divorced and had to live on less with 2 young children.
I get that, it’s common knowledge that farming isn’t lucrative. And for those that aren’t aware Jeremy Clarksons show highlighted it perfectly. However she’s made her million now, probably more than they ever could of envisaged, she’s off round the country leaving Clive (and I assume someone else) to deal with the kids and be farm so it’s come at a cost. Maybe it’s time to appreciate what she’s achieved and to now concentrate on saving her family, else she will be sat with her millions and no one to share it with 🤷‍♀️. Which in turn has defeated the object as they haven’t ended up with a better life

Eirawen

VIP Member
I think there was another thread recently on them? Anyway, going against the grain here, I'm not keen on Amanda, I think she is very much living her dream and every one else has to ride on her coat tails. Prancing around in her mini skirt (wth?) and very impractical accessories, she is very attention/fame hungry, they have been on every tv and radio channel going. I'm so glad Raven got away to uni, she was the Radfords equivalent of Chloe, always doing the childcare. I've read the books and Amanda seemed very detached from the children. Undoubtedly they have a lovely looking lifestyle though.
I agree and have been "attacked," on digital spy for daring not to worship ,Amanda. She is living the life lived by farmers wives for centuries but without a big 4by,4 to drive around in. She makes a fortune from books,TV shows and guest appearances she is so tough nut and yes they all follow her dream her hubby is well under the thumb
Prancing around in her mini skirt is ludicrous.

Raven said she wanted to be a Vet but got three c grades in her A levels,surely to be avet you need better grades than that,? But I am glad she got away from the drudgery and same for Reuben but no doubt Amanda will expect him to mend their machinery for free.

sixdinnersid83

Chatty Member
She would have got more respect if she had admitted they were over when it was said in the press instead of making the press out to be liars after a story.
Exactly. I found it really strange how defensive her fans were about it all, they obviously couldn’t bear their illusions to be shattered. It’s well known that she was seeing someone. Nothing wrong with that either but be honest about it.

• Heart

Maccydd

Does anyone think Amanda has had some work done to her face? She looks so different now although granted she was constantly pregnant in the old photos

Misbehaving

VIP Member
"The decision is very much in Amanda's hands" and Clive "will do as he's told"

Sounds about right. Poor man's been doing what he's told for the last twenty years.
Exactly what I thought as well! Yet she's held up as a role model and a strong independent woman etc etc (inserts eye roll)! As if that makes her treatment of her husband ok!
Yeah strong by laying down the law to others (including her daughter's) I don't think it's good for a family's self esteem and confidence to be ruled by one person. I don't think it's healthy or desirable let's be honest there must be a lot of simmering resentments that have built up over the years?
Yes it might be sad if they split up but then Clive being a hen pecked husband is not on either is it?
That's a form of bullying imo and if the boot was on the other foot and it was a woman having no share of power or say in the relationship and basically being ordered what to do we'd probably call it out and rightly so?
I don't see why she should get a free pass from judgement or criticism (check out the Daily mail if you really want to see industrial strength fawning!) just because she's beautiful or charismatic?

feath

I didn't see Clive on Lorraine but reading about it my thoughts are that he still loves Amanda very much and because she's been getting a bad press of late he wants to make things better for her by blaming himself for what went wrong in the marriage. I still think she has been fame hungry from a young age and that her ambition and desire for attention were perhaps rather overwhelming for Clive.

sixdinnersid83

Chatty Member
I am not really sure what I think of Amanda and I definitely would not take a daily Mail article as an accurate account of what was said by the daughter.

The family do seem untouchable by criticism which I always have found interesting. They are very much beloved by lots of people and the daily Mail comments section always raves about how wonderful they are.

Eirawen

VIP Member
She is cashing in alright don't forget she aspired to be a catwalk model and gave it up when all the work she got was modelling clothes for catalogues. So the urge to be centre of attention is very strong in her. She overshadows Clive and is making Clemmie the star of the show. It's so unfair on the other daughters who work so hard,. I think she favours Clem because she can see herself in her.

Raininvain

VIP Member
See his daughter from a previous marriage has raised her head 🙄 seriously she’s in her 40s moaning about not sharing in their wealth ( or words to that effect ) .
Maybe accept the fact their wealth is down to serious hard graft and basically nothing to do with you love , the jealousy is literally palpable… I should add my husband has one of these from his first marriage, as soon as he met me her mother wanted him back 🤦🏽‍♀️
Clive didn’t stay after he gave her away at the wedding apparently, there’s a reason for that , you didn’t invite his wife 🤔
Serious hard graft? she had that massive family to make money out of them, the children are commodities. If it was someone on a council estate that had that many kids the narrative would be very different. I think her husband is way too old for as well. She knew how to market them well that's all.

• Angry

Eirawen

VIP Member
Totally agree, very tone deaf as to what a tough time people are going through. Bit of a know all, my way or the high way attitude. TBH if she lived on a council estate with nine children, she would not be getting the love she does in the DM comments. I know some may say the family are not on benefits, but in this overpopulated country of ours - nine children is a lot...
Why on earth did she have so many?She doesn't even come across as being particularly maternal.🙁

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
12 mins in there is Amanda but Clive doesn't look at her but addresses his conversation to Nancy.
Raven seems to have taken over being Mum.
I presume making the cake with Amanda at 38 mins was not at Ravenseat as Clive didn't hang around for that.
Finished. Still noticed the atmosphere at the birthday party. Poor Violet looking hesitant.
Can't believe I didn't notice all this first time round like you Miss Marples did. I only picked up on the atmosphere.