Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Idntknow

I saw this article, but Anty Johns has featured on the whole season so it’s hardly new news that they’ve bought it, they’ve had it ages🤔🤷‍♀️ The media seem to be re-cycling articles and episodes to make it look new. I do wonder what’s happening on the Amanda/ Clive front, hopefully they can work it out
This is what the sun does though, i read a headline that said Rueban admits farming life isnt for him….they missed out the part where he started a business with diggers which is his passion with his Dad and was said in the same sentence in the episode!Utter clickbait shite
As for the age gap…hes might not be as young as her but he’s definitely fitter than any guy his age I know, hes an amazing Dad and has a great relationship with each of his children while still working a huge farm. I dont think if she was unhappy shed have stuck it out year after year in those gruelling conditions. Their lives have massively changed in recent years and so it would be hard on any marriage the complete lifestyle change.
If she has stepped out then thats shitty but don’t take anything the sun says as what’s actually happening

Reactions: 13

Eirawen

VIP Member
I've been watching documentaries of Hannah Hauxwell on YouTube recently. Now SHE was a proper daleswoman.
Indeed she was, no swanning around in mini skirts and bangles for her, she was a real genuine farmer who grafted like a man.

Exactly. I found it really strange how defensive her fans were about it all, they obviously couldn’t bear their illusions to be shattered. It’s well known that she was seeing someone. Nothing wrong with that either but be honest about it.
It was all a bit too perfect though, this cosy family living together in harmony with all the kids helping out with no complaints, Clive always looked shattered to me and I imagine didn't have the energy to keep Amanda erm fulfilled.

Last edited:

Tilly3

VIP Member
She obviously just married him for his money and the farm because he is really unattractive and way too old for her. I don't know one single friend of mine who would entertain that man if he asked them out. He's like someone's Grandad.
They don’t own the farm, they are tenants like most of the farms in Yorkshire, I don’t think he’d have a bean to sell to Jack!!

Eirawen

VIP Member
I used to really enjoy the show but have unfollowed her on insta as it was all her pouting and posing with a soft filter. I found watching the tv show I liked Clive more and more and yet was seeing him less and less on camera. For me a solo show about her wouldn't be of much interest.
I so agree I think a programme about Clive and Reuben would be far more interesting as they are both such hard working and likeable characters but I doubt if that will happen as they weren't massive media hounds like Amanda.

• Heart
Tbf to Amanda, as lovely as Clive is, he only had his sheep for company until she knocked his door.

She's given him 20 plus of her best years, nine kids and because of her financial head, some cracking farm machinery.

He's done well out of the marriage. He's not stupid, he must have guessed this day would come eventually.

Sad all the same 😒
I hope this doesn't come across as getting at your comment because that's not how it's meant. It's more I don't understand what you mean...
Why would he guess she would tire of him and their life together? Surely when people marry they expect, or at least hope it will be forever. Age gaps, lots of kids, demanding work etc are all stressors but wouldn't he just have assumed they'd work through it together as a team?

Maid22

VIP Member
Love the relationship between Reuben and Sydney, Reubens such a nice and thoughtful lad.

• Heart

Maid22

VIP Member
She was supposed to be on Steph's Packed Lunch, the week before last but she never was!. Its obvious that she would go off with someone else eventually as Clive is way too old for her.
I never noticed it was obvious she was going to go off with someone else🤷‍♀️
I'm probably in the minority where I don't think age matters.

Reactions: 12

Libbub

VIP Member
As far as I'm concerned the "estranged" daughter can crawl back underneath the stone she's come out from. Sour grapes all the way I'm afraid. Whether you like Amanda or not no one can deny she's worked her arse off for 21 years, and yes she's made a shed load of money, but why does the daughter think she's entitled to a share of that? Because that's what this is all about with her. She wants some of the money they've made. If she didn't she would have found a way to maintain a relationship with her father and tolerate his wife. If she really loved her father she'd have found a way. Here she is selling her story for a few quid and ultimately hurting her father in the process.

• Heart

Libbub

VIP Member
Beyond the Yorkshire farm Reuben and Clive is the new show. Good for them. I think Amanda must realise its a tricky situation and she can't make a show about family life when that family is no longer one unit.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
In fairness Clive is obviously a very fit sixty something.
I doubt he'll be needing Amanda to be his 'carer' anytime soon.

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
It sounds like he started drinking and "drove her away" after he found out about the affair.
It sounds like he was jealous of her media profile and her poise at handling the attention. She was no longer little farmer wifey, she was somebody different to who he married. That was what drove her away. She outgrew him. I think any affair came after she had already left him in her head. He was complimentary about her in the interview, calling her remarkable, and that’s great for the kids. They still respect each other. It just shows you, you never know what is going on in other’s marriages.

I still don’t like her but I think this interview puts a different slant on things. Her new bloke doesn’t sound like a keeper. He sees women as disposable. If he does it with you, he will do it to you…

She obviously just married him for his money and the farm because he is really unattractive and way too old for her. I don't know one single friend of mine who would entertain that man if he asked them out. He's like someone's Grandad.
I don't think Clive had any money, they rent Ravenseat. In her books she talks endlessly about their lack of money, I think the media exposure is what allowed them to buy a property up the road.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member

Oh dear. Just as a book is coming out promoting a happy family life.
"The decision is very much in Amanda's hands" and Clive "will do as he's told"

Sounds about right. Poor man's been doing what he's told for the last twenty years.

Reactions: 11

Dinnerbag

Chatty Member
What gets me is, there isn’t that much interest in them. They aren’t the royal family or the kardashians. I liked Amanda but you can see the change before your eyes the pouting, the fake posh accent inter seeded with broad Yorkshire. It’s a shame because if she hadn’t of turned into someone so up their own arse I’m sure she would have plenty of support. But then who knows what goes on behind closed doors. All I know is from what we see on tv and social media is Amanda has sold her soul to the devil, yes she’s enabled the family to be financially secure but at what cost?
The kids seem pretty well rounded and polite, Clive seems lovely and Amanda is a good mum. But is it all smoke and mirrors for the telly.

Idntknow

That article about him taking the vechile back is totally out of context, it was banter between husband and wife.
the media sucks, write articles about how amazing this woman is and creating success…but dnt get too successful coz then theyll tear u down.
yes sometimes shes wearing completely inappropriate clothes for lambing etc but having never lambed Ill leave it up to her to decide what to wear while she does it.
Am sorry if they are having marital problems and I feel for the kids to have it plastered all over the media, but I wouldn’t believe anything I read in the Sun or in the Daily Mail.

• Heart

Newgirl17

Me too ! I just love this programme so much !
the kids are all so clever and happy to learn and get involved. The Dad has so much patience and time for them all. It’s lovely

I was reading something about them on a farming forum, and a farmer local to them said that Amanda likes to catch the eye of the men and only wears those clothes for the cameras. The farmers union association spoke out against their breaches of safety on the programmes and how they bring the occupation into disrepute.

• Wow

Papparazzo

Love this family. Those kids will turn out to be fantastic adults, who will pass amazing qualities to their children. The mum and dad are amazing, so laid back and just raising them brilliantly.

I adore Clemmie!

Reactions: 10

Eirawen

VIP Member
Amanda has just been on BBC Breakfast and came over quite arrogant. She was saying they had a great lockdown, the kids learned how to use electronics, social media etc and they spent hours outdoors never minding what hour or day it was and she had a brilliant time writing her new book.
Never mind that thousands of kids were locked up in tower blocks, they were alright.
I saw some of it and yes she was well smug and arrogant her true colours are coming out more and more

Reactions: 10