Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Eirawen

VIP Member
I read recently that Clive had been preparing himself all through their marriage that she would meet someone else. How sad. 😥
I bet he never thought it would be someone older than him, I always thought he felt he was very lucky that she married him and that she felt the same.

Reactions: 7

NonDairyQueen

VIP Member
I mean if she really loved her dad she would have accepted his choice of a second wife and at the very least have asked her to the wedding. Amanda wasn't invited and her dad did his duty. If she truly loved him she'd have sucked up her own feelings and found a way. There's times in life when we don't particularly like people but for the sake of others that we do love we tolerate them. As far as I'm concerned it's just a jealous daughter with a massive axe to grind. I've got no respect for her. By selling stories she's hurting the very person she professes that she adored.
If that story is true though, she was a 9 year old when Amanda came on the scene, and Amanda ignored her when she went round to visit. She wasn't an adult who should have been the bigger person, she was a child. I dont know much about any of them or if its true or not abut her but you cant blame a child if the adults havent behaved well towards her. Hasnt Clive got 2 other children? What is his relationship with the other child? Agree its pathetic to be beging for money and it didnt do her cause much good. She had a child at 16 and is now a single mother. Thats nothing to do with Amanda.

House of Tea

VIP Member
In fairness to her, she has made her family financially secure. Farmings is hard, especially if you are a tenant. Doing the tv, books etc - nobody would turn it down.

Sp20191

VIP Member
Serious hard graft? she had that massive family to make money out of them, the children are commodities. If it was someone on a council estate that had that many kids the narrative would be very different. I think her husband is way too old for as well. She knew how to market them well that's all.
you can’t deny as farmers they work hard, that life is not for lazy people (I couldn’t do it!)

Loony lovegood

VIP Member
Wow !
Well she certainly did and it appears they have been very happily married for many many years with children who come across as really happy.
And so what if she did contact tv companies , and secure her family’s financial future 🤷🏼‍♀️ Good on her , it certainly hasn’t done them any harm .
I know this is tattle but your comments seem incredibly personal and vindictive without any rational points !
probably clives daughter 🤣🤣

• Haha

Itsallthecheese

I'm glad Raven got to get away to university and Ruben is doing his apprenticeship, still so many old fashioned heads in agriculture that seem to enslave their children with promises of the world and then give them nothing not even a proper wage. Least they seem to be free to persue other interests.

There was a repeat the other night of Ade Edmundsons the dales programme. Crazy to see how much she's changed, even the way she speaks. Used to enjoy watching the program but it just annoys me now.

TommyAGS

'A massive part to play. I was ranting and raving and drinking and carrying on. I don't know - jealousy.'

He added: 'It seemed to eat away at me and I handled it badly and I behaved badly towards her. I should have been supportive...
It sounds like he started drinking and "drove her away" after he found out about the affair.

NonDairyQueen

VIP Member
In fairness to her, she has made her family financially secure. Farmings is hard, especially if you are a tenant. Doing the tv, books etc - nobody would turn it down.
Yes, those kids would have a very hard life on that farm if they were just trying to eke out a living from farming. OTOH, they chose to have 9 children, and Clive has 11! Sounds like she decided she was going to have the life of an old fashioned farmer surrounded by kids. I dont know what her childhood was like, but she doesnt sound like she is close to her own family. And now she maybe realised that it wasnt all its cracked up to be. She annoyed me re the criticising other peoples parenting too. She doesn't know anything about city kids. She's slagging off parents just like every other grifter so she can shift her books and get all the old ladies agreeing with her that kids these days are all useless snowflakes!

Orchid21

Clive's son from his first marriage works for Clive and Amanda on some land they have in a more lowland area. Mentioned in one of her books but not the TV series as far as I remember.

Itsallthecheese

I have heard rumours about a camera man and also another crew member before that. I suppose it will all come out in the end.
It can’t be nice having this all over the papers, so hard for the children.
I also heard that Ade Edmundson had tried to get in with her when he filmed them initially.

I feel for Clive and the children. I didn't agree with Rosie selling her story but at the same time that must be so hard seeing 'happy families' plastered all over when your dad hardly bothers. Like you say it will all come out in the end.

Reactions: 6

Maid22

VIP Member
I've just said to hubby that she's with a guy older than Clive, first thing he said was has he got loads of money 💰😂

• Haha

MoodyBlue

VIP Member
I'm wondering how she managed to have an affair with a cameraman. Hasn't she filmed last years and this, herself?

Rosey Posey

Miss the little kiddies they make the show but still a fantastic episode. clive and Ruben have a fantastic relationship
Totally agrees but it was lacking something! Such a shame if all went to Amanda’s head but nice to see Clive come out of his shell

MummaNoggins

VIP Member
I'm just watching the new episode now. Can't believe the amount of work they put on themselves. The new farm needs loads doing! Plus the land, the animals, plus the farm they already have, the kids, the animals etc etc. I wish I had half of her energy!
I really like Clive. I think he's definitely the grounded one. He comes across as a brilliant dad as well.
Amanda is fab imo. I'd wear a mini skirt every single day if I had those legs!
Not to say that I can't see any issues. Very true about Raven and childcare. Always seems to be the way in these big families. Also, the lack of seat belts etc etc.

I didn't realise she had a 3rd book. Off to amazon now 🙂

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member

Check out the Yorkshire Live page on Facebook to see how obsessed the local press is about Amanda Owen. The above link is just one example and some days they can put up a handful of articles about her which always makes the comments sections a good read.

It's cheap journalism making articles most of the time from things she's already said in her many books. Someone at Yorkshire Live is borderline obsessed with her and people have noticed in the comment sections.

It's just as bad with 5 On The Farm using her all this week to try dishes made by the head chef of Cannon Hall Farm when she doesn't need to be there. The same show that had Rueben on who was referred to as the son of Amanda Owen. Why not mention Clive? Call him star of Yorkshire Farm as an introduction instead of comparing him to his mother who channel 5 are obsessed with.

• Haha

Papparazzo

I love Clemmie. Love her birth story. Mind you she had some dramatic births bless her.

I love how much she loves and the way she says Tony the pony. Also getting all the sheep back in and then pulling her mum for leaving the gate open. Also how her mum asked her how many sheep had been out then went ooh you can’t count and she was like no but still so proud.Their life skills are amazing x
Or Clemmie with Kit Kat the Calf, who died. And her lovely mum kept it from her as Clemmie raised Kit Kat. So cute.

• Haha

rivermonster

VIP Member
Age does matter IMO. One of my friends relatives married a much older man, 20 plus years. By the time she was in her early- mid 40s he was in his 70s and had strokes and dementia etc. She was stuck looking after him(family wouldn't help) and he verbally abused her constantly. She was constantly on the verge of a breakdown. He eventually went into residential care.
She said that people will say age doesn't matter and when they do, think about what happened with me. She advised anyone strongly to marry someone around the same age. Her example is not unusual.
I don't know anything about Clive's daughter, I've not commented on that.
I will tell you the opposite to the age thing. My sister's partner is in his 90's, fit and still working, she is in early 70's and says she feels older than him - she has also been with him since she was 21.

• Heart

ohnomyhat

I’m weirdly sad about the split, I know it’s edited for TV but they seemed so content and such a good fit together despite having different personalities.

I hope the kids are doing OK.