Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tilly3

VIP Member
Those short skirts and bangles....
She’s just a younger version of Jeanie Green from Yorkshire Vet 🤣🤣

I am reading her first book, The Yorkshire Shepherdess. I didn't realise that this is Clive's second marriage and he has a grown up son and daughter. He is a father of 11.....
We watch it avidly and never knew that, I just thought he was a bachelor farmer who must have thought all his birthdays had come at once when Amanda arrived!!
Plus what’s with the posh voice she tries to put on? She’s from chuffing Huddersfield!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

sirbenfro

It was all a bit too perfect though, this cosy family living together in harmony with all the kids helping out with no complaints, Clive always looked shattered to me and I imagine didn't have the energy to keep Amanda erm fulfilled.
I think this is more common than some people think; anybody with a partner 20+ years older than them is likely to find themselves in a potential caring position when they're about 50 while their partner is increasingly frail. One of the Yorkshire farm episodes shows Clive trying to recover after a hip replacement - I'd imagine for a working couple in a really physical occupation like farming this is even more pronounced. Let alone throwing 6 or 7 children who still need pretty hands-on parenting into the mix, and a growing media career for the younger partner. It was bound to happen to them.

I've been reading comments under a lot of different posts on Facebook for a little while and there seems to be a lot of rumours. Quite a few popular ones too.

One is saying that it's just all the kids and Clive living at Ravenseat farm now. And Amanda hasn't lived there for a good 18 months to 2 years.
(All these common knowledge amongst the "locals" apparently)

Also that she has been living alone at "The Firs" (that's their holiday let which they use to rent out). There's also a popular rumour saying she only just recently bought a house in Harrogate.

There's quite a few comments too about how Reuben has stopped talking to Amanda and hasn't talked to her for a while already.

Now, take all this with a grain of salt of course. As it's just comments and no-one knows if they are locals or not. And I'm not repeating it here for the point invading their own personal business.
But amongst the speculation for the breakup and different people defending Clive and Amanda those comments really stood out to me.

• Wow

Libbub

VIP Member
Also, as was highlighted in last night's show, the last of the children is now at school leaving a very empty nest. Suddenly she will have more time on her hands than ever before. Her horizons have definitely been widened and she's experienced things she may never have if they hadn't done the show or she had written the books. Who says you have to stay in the lane you're in in life? I don't however agree with affairs and hurting people. It happens. It's not wrong to want something different than you've currently got. It's how you go about getting it that matters. IF and I say IF she has decided she no longer wants to be clives wife then she needs to go about it respectfully and with as little cost to her 9 children as possible.

Misbehaving

VIP Member
Why on earth did she have so many?She doesn't even come across as being particularly maternal.🙁
I think she's a throwback to times past when it was quite the norm for women to have big families.
Also with the delegation of care to the elder siblings so it's less an act of heroism and more just stoic getting on with things and you could argue instilling old fashioned family values.
I think the way they live gives a reminder to many of not just the past and the way things used to be done but also in a sense of what some people feel like they have lost connection with
The security of a big family where people help each out a healthier more practical less cerebral way of life and the celebration of a strong powerful matriarchal figure. (Some British men really have a thing about that bordering on a fetish!)
I think rightly or wrongly she not only rules the roost but it's almost like a mini tribe the way they live and is very insular and self sufficient (they need no one) and again it's that spirit of independence (unattainable) that makes her attractive to many along with their lifestyle.....
Fancy being dependent on universal credit or being scared that you could loose your job or income at any minute? (No me neither but it's a sad reality for many at the moment).
You could say then that she has it made? There will never be a dull moment in the house and because she doesn't come across as the reflective type always lots to do and be busy with.
With that in mind I don't find it unusual that she's had such a large family it looks like she can cope with the practical side pretty well (pregnancy breast feeding and giving birth)
Once a child is born it seems as if the child is a shared responsibility and also that she expects a child to learn the ropes and help out at the earliest chance.
Many hands make light work and all that.
I also think that she's someone who thrives on being in the spotlight and whatever goes on behind the scenes (and the family must have issues just like any other) she knows how to make it look easy and takes pride and care about how she comes across and is seen by others?
As others have rightly pointed out if she was a single mother on benefits would she be praised so lavishly?
Or if she was an Irish gypsy for example they have communities in rural areas and know the traditions some of them still have very large families stay together and stay married and are also house proud and work hard and keep their figures.
Yet when was the last time that they were held up as a positive role model or praised or had people wanting to emulate their way of life?
I would say that rarely happens for the most part they are still rejected complained about and discriminated against ....
So as I said in a previous post other people work hard as well as Amanda but it looks as if when your in a group that gets discriminated against or demonised people don't take that into account or give credit because it doesn't fit into the stereotype.
Some are marginalised and naturally seen as outsiders no matter what they do or who they are or how hard they work.....that makes me very sad.
Amanda Owens is interesting to me because through her I see just how unequal and prejudiced and rooted in the past (also in a bad sense) our society is (sometimes).

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Eirawen

VIP Member
She would have got more respect if she had admitted they were over when it was said in the press instead of making the press out to be liars after a story.
I don't think she tolerates criticism well at all and becomes over defensive and insulting
I never liked her it was all me me, she
created this country life story like Darling Buds of May and eventually got bored of it. Apparently she had an affair with one of the TV crew which I would have thought would be more her scene. She tried modelling but never made the big time so then did the complete opposite by becoming a shepherdess of all things. But the media attention won in the end. Poor Clive became surplus to requirements.

• Heart

Raininvain

VIP Member
She obviously just married him for his money and the farm because he is really unattractive and way too old for her. I don't know one single friend of mine who would entertain that man if he asked them out. He's like someone's Grandad.

• Wow
  • Haha

Itsallthecheese

It'll be interesting to see what she does if they do split considering farming and the idylic life is her whole image.

I feel for Clive, things change and people change but he does seem to be in love with her still.

Itsallthecheese

Did Ben delete the original tweet? I can’t see it.
The Yorkshire Farm fans say it’s all lies. They cannot bear it.
The original post is on his insta.

Someone posted the sun story on a group I'm on and Clive's daughter commented about her knocking off the camera man and has been for 6 months. I can't help but wonder if it's her stirring things.

• Wow

xRFx

I really did used to love Amanda - in the early days, the first book days. Where she seemed genuine. Now she really grates on me, don’t get me wrong I find the families lifestyle amazing and I would love to live that life I honestly would but she’s all for the media and the money. Now clearly everyone needs to make a living and farming is TOUGH and expensive there’s no denying that so well done for finding a way to gain extra income but honestly I’ve just watched that bbc interview . So it’s all about becoming self sufficient, using what you have - ermmm haven’t u been doing that the last 20 years due to being ‘cut off’ and lower income prior to the fame. Why give them play dough if they can make dough and then bread- that certainly isn’t a revelation I watched u do that with them in the first series, I mean come on, u haven’t done anything new and u start interview by saying you hadn’t noticed lockdown until the tourists stopped arriving. Just irritates the life out of me.

Skyeball

Chatty Member
I feel sorry for the kids, it's difficult for any child if there's a divorce. It happens to a lot of people doesn't it?
But the Owens are more sheltered than most, and if their parents split up it will rock their worlds hard.
They will literally only have each other to confide in and rely on.
It's not like they can go out to play with Sophie and Jack next door, who's mum and dad have split up and will get where they are coming from is it?
I'd imagine that a big part of what makes that beautiful but isolated home so beneficial for the children is the stability of the family being together.
It's just sad for them.

• Sad

Raininvain

VIP Member
I am not really sure what I think of Amanda and I definitely would not take a daily Mail article as an accurate account of what was said by the daughter.

The family do seem untouchable by criticism which I always have found interesting. They are very much beloved by lots of people and the daily Mail comments section always raves about how wonderful they are.
I think its because they are a cross between the Darling Buds of May and the Walton's and are very twee. I think there's a bit of nostalgia mixed in as well. Also they tick all the right boxes, they are straight, married, White British, seen to have good British values, not claiming welfare benefits (bar C.B) etc...

TommyAGS

She's a bit of a weirdo isn't she? A model marrying some divorced farmer and having kids. Then going off with some ugly, 5 times married 70 year old when she actually has a TV profile.

People mad thinking it's for money. The guy has 5 wives and designs websites (equivalent of cutting lawns) for a living.

Sp20191

VIP Member
No denying those kids are having an awesome childhood! My kids would absolutely love it!

• Heart

Eirawen

VIP Member
Does anyone else think Clemmie might have some sort of learning difficulties/dyslexia. I mean I know she is very young but just the way she talks and some things she says makes me think so.
She seems pretty bright

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
It is just lovely gentle TV to watch at the moment during these mad times. I think it is why programes like Bake Off currently get such high ratings. We all want a little bit of light relief from Trump, Boris, Brexit, Covid. I love Ruben the mechanic, and the Dad is lovely-and

It is just lovely gentle TV to watch at the moment during these mad times. I think it is why programes like Bake Off currently get such high ratings. We all want a little bit of light relief from Trump, Boris, Brexit, Covid. I love Ruben the mechanic, and the Dad is lovely-and
Dad is lovely and Mum too..