Online dating horror stories!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I once went on a date with a guy I met online
all good til we met irl
he had the most high pitched voice I’ve ever heard
we went for a drink-and I had to listen all about his career (he fitted bathroom fans-I now know more about them than I ever wished to know) and he just talked over me when I tried to speak
we left so he could walk me to the end of my street (I really lived 3 streets along but he didn’t know that) and we stopped off at the chippy-he went over my head and paid for them before I had a chance to get my purse out
we sat on a bench to eat them and once we’d finished he made it very clear I ‘owed‘ him sex in payment for the chips
just then my daughter rang me (thank god!) so I just threw some cash at him and fled
thankfully he didn’t follow me and I managed to get home safely and went to bed thanking my lucky stars
next day I had a message with his bank details demanding the chip money back ‘as what you gave me was 20p short-I want my £1.90 back-you only gave me £1.70’
i came off it (and didn’t pay!)
went back on it 2 years later and met my bloke

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Mines not online but my worst date started off with his girlfriend dropping us off in town. I didn't know he had a girlfriend and felt a bit awkward to say the least. The date didn't actually go very far after that 😆😆 he had told her I was a mates daughter who he was just making sure was getting into town OK. All sorts of wrong

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
The three month thing is 100% accurate imo.. lesson learnt there! I met a few people who I thought were amazing but after three months they completely changed.

Reactions: 6
dont miss this at all, all the unsolicited dick picks from men trying get their freak on whilst their wives are at Zumba *shudder* and then tell you that your are a frigid lesbian when you knock them back.

I met a guy once. I had no interest in him at all, he had a face like a bag of spanners, 5 ft 6 (at a push) and a pain in the arse messaging me. However he never got weird on the messages so eventually met him after work one night. He had sussed i was pretty shy, so when he spotted me he decided to serenade me. Very loudly. At manchester piccadilly train station. At rush hour. He was at the top of the escalator i was at the exit. I died. He then waltzed me around the exit to the metrolink. I double died.

8 years later we are still together. He is still tiny, with a face like a bag of spanners. But he makes me roar with laughter every day and he is, quite honestly, the best thing that ever happened to me. Dont give up single ladies, there are some that are not head cases/criminals/perverts.
This cheered up my day! :) So sweet!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This isn’t really an online dating story, as I have a boyfriend and am happy. However, I keep having this guy a similar age to me reply to my Instagram posts and stories, or just send me messages. I have never met him before, but he followed me on Instagram and liked a lot of my selfies. A lot of the messages he sends are late at night and obviously when he is drunk. They will say things like, “I want to shag you” and “give me the green light” - really charming stuff. 😂😂 Also, he seems to enjoy telling me in a sarcastic tone that I am “having a WILD Saturday night” when I’m making a homemade dinner or something. It is a bit weird, so I don’t reply. I think he gets bitchy like that because I am not responding to him. Has anyone else had anything like this?!

• Haha
This isn’t really an online dating story, as I have a boyfriend and am happy. However, I keep having this guy a similar age to me reply to my Instagram posts and stories, or just send me messages. I have never met him before, but he followed me on Instagram and liked a lot of my selfies. A lot of the messages he sends are late at night and obviously when he is drunk. They will say things like, “I want to shag you” and “give me the green light” - really charming stuff. 😂😂 Also, he seems to enjoy telling me in a sarcastic tone that I am “having a WILD Saturday night” when I’m making a homemade dinner or something. It is a bit weird, so I don’t reply. I think he gets bitchy like that because I am not responding to him. Has anyone else had anything like this?!
Instagram is a hotbed of weirdos and creepy men. It's where they all come to prey now. Have a massive block list , they are so weird on there (I'm not wanting to sound like I'm amazingcos I'm far from it) but bloody hell.

Reactions: 8
Online dating is awful 🙈. I had 2 really bad experiences , one was definitely gay , not sure why he was meeting up with women , could tell by his mannerisms & the fact he kept talking about shopping for house stuff at the Range 😂.

Another asked me my height in messages and I said 5”8 dont think he believed me & he said he was 6ft . Got out the car at the date & he was easily 2ft shorter than me ! I was actually fuming 😤 & I think he could tell I stayedfor one drink then left !!!

Reactions: 5
Yes; and the guy found my work contact details online and BERATED me via text for blocking him

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I got called a fat arrogant bleep with an inflated sense of self worth after a guy repeatedly asked me out and I said no and after demanding to know why over and over I said I didnt fancy him 😂😂😂

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I’m struggling to see why you haven’t blocked him lol

Reactions: 9
I've had the man being bitchy when I rejected him. I am on a penpal site and started chatting to this guy via email. We got to talking about a tv programme and I had to explain the premise of it over and over (bleeping google it) and then he just seemed to be skimming my replies and not reading properly. I emailed him back but highlighting details in CAPITALS. He then said I was dumb for even watching it.I was uneducated, a chav, didn't have any a-levels and couldn't spell or make a conversation. You know all because I called him out for not listening and because I got fed up.

I emailed him back pointing out that he was the 31 year old self proclaimed hermit, who would have been fine with talking to this uneducated chav if I had massaged his ego or showed him my tits. Then finished the email with " atleast I'm not best friends with my right hand and I'm pretty sure you can't blame lockdown for the fact you haven't had a duck in months". I also pointed out that he had looked at my profile everyday since our email exchanged and I wondered why 🤔 you know because I'm such a disgusting, uneducated,thick chav..

My reply was probably deemed as horrible but I'd had enough.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
After reading a few dating stories on another thread that had me in stitches, I thought they deserved their own thread so have created this for you all to share your nightmare dating experiences.

I don’t actually have any myself that I can remember but can’t wait to read everyone else’s 😂

Reactions: 4
Had been with a bf for a few months. Not long after the break up, I met someone else and was asked to go on a date to the cinema. Thought I spotted my ex’s car go past as we walked to the cinema but didn’t say anything as I wasn’t sure he had spotted me.
As we were waiting in the busy queue to buy tickets, who should walk in but my deranged ex, who decided to storm over to us and in front of everyone in the foyer shout, “I hope you know she’s a f**king bleep!!” at my date 😂😂😂 I was SO embarrassed. Just wanted the ground to swallow me. Worse was the date didn’t tell my ex to get fucked. We didn’t last 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I was on Tinder years ago and matched with someone. Met up for a drink. He then said ‘I had conjunctivitis when I swiped you so I couldn’t see your pictures properly, oh well’. THANKS MATE. We didn’t see each other again.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I had a guy spit on my shoe once. He meant to just spit on the pavement but it stuck to his lip and fell onto my shoe. He then said his friend was ill and needed him so had to leave. I wasn't disappointed, the spitting alone put me off.

Also, it didn't quite get to a date, but I had a guy who seemed interested in me (hugging me, just hanging around whenever I was there etc). He asked for my number and suggested we should do something. I thought he was cute and nice so why not. Then he messaged me a few days later to say he was over eager and couldn't spare any time for a date... oh well.

I also went on a date with a guy who was 15 minutes late. I was going to leave and he turned up. I asked why he didn't let me know and he says he only tells people he's running late if he's going to be half an hour late or more...like what? Then he got quite drunk and pulled his trousers down in a bar to show me the bruise he got from playing rugby.

I've always been self conscious of my weight and one time I was on a second date with a guy. We were out for dinner. I had taken the day off to choose an outfit and get ready as I really liked him. I remember we were eating and he sat opposite me and he started talking about when he went on holiday and there were all these slim women in bikinis. Then he added "well, you're obviously not a size 8". I felt my face flush but I managed to hold it together. Then he suggested another date to a restaurant he likes that is all you can eat. And he then went 'well, you will obviously eat more than me'. Just seemed so unnecessarily cruel.

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
I had a guy spit on my shoe once. He meant to just spit on the pavement but it stuck to his lip and fell onto my shoe. He then said his friend was ill and needed him so had to leave. I wasn't disappointed, the spitting alone put me off.

Also, it didn't quite get to a date, but I had a guy who seemed interested in me (hugging me, just hanging around whenever I was there etc). He asked for my number and suggested we should do something. I thought he was cute and nice so why not. Then he messaged me a few days later to say he was over eager and couldn't spare any time for a date... oh well.

I also went on a date with a guy who was 15 minutes late. I was going to leave and he turned up. I asked why he didn't let me know and he says he only tells people he's running late if he's going to be half an hour late or more...like what? Then he got quite drunk and pulled his trousers down in a bar to show me the bruise he got from playing rugby.

I've always been self conscious of my weight and one time I was on a second date with a guy. We were out for dinner. I had taken the day off to choose an outfit and get ready as I really liked him. I remember we were eating and he sat opposite me and he started talking about when he went on holiday and there were all these slim women in bikinis. Then he added "well, you're obviously not a size 8". I felt my face flush but I managed to hold it together. Then he suggested another date to a restaurant he likes that is all you can eat. And he then went 'well, you will obviously eat more than me'. Just seemed so unnecessarily cruel.
There is a word for the man in the last story...it begins with ‘d’ and Ends in ‘ick’ swiftly followed by ‘head’

• Haha
Reactions: 23
There is a word for the man in the last story...it begins with ‘d’ and Ends in ‘ick’ swiftly followed by ‘head’
Haha yes, I have so many stories about him! I told him I did not want to continue dating him and brought up those two examples and he tried to manipulate me by saying "I'm not surprised you want such an awful person to be out of your life" etc, to try and make me feel sorry for him. He'd always say things like "tree trunk legs" too.

It gave me such a complex about my weight and that I'd never be "good" enough for him unless I was a certain size. I actually slimmed down quite a lot and it got a bit unhealthy in the sense that I had to do 20,000 steps per day / gym every day / eat only what I thought I could burn off etc. Got down to a size 10/12 (I am 5'10) and he still treated me badly in the end...

• Angry
  • Sad