Online dating horror stories!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If they're going to do that, getting a stiffy first isn't much to ask, surely!?
I thought the same. Surely you’d prepare it if you really want to sell yourself.

And on that note, I’m not sure why it’s such an instinctive thing for many to do (sending dick pics), no one ever asks for them.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Plenty of offline dating horrors but never did online dating.
A friend of mine met someone online and he brought his mum along to their first drink and she pulled out a list of questions 'have u ever done drugs', 'what age did u lose your virginity' etc. He was 32 years old. My friend excused herself to go to the loo and left the pub through another door.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Only time I’ve done online dating and ended up in the worst relationship I have ever had. 😡

Never again would I go down that road of meeting someone. It’s a weirdo pit.

Reactions: 7
Plenty of offline dating horrors but never did online dating.
A friend of mine met someone online and he brought his mum along to their first drink and she pulled out a list of questions 'have u ever done drugs', 'what age did u lose your virginity' etc. He was 32 years old. My friend excused herself to go to the loo and left the pub through another door.
I did start a thread for offline dates but it got deleted because of this one

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Not me but my male friend went to meet someone he had been talking to for a while on tinder (girl) and it turned out to be a man! He was absolutely fuming, can’t even imagine!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Not me but my male friend went to meet someone he had been talking to for a while on tinder (girl) and it turned out to be a man! He was absolutely fuming, can’t even imagine!
I would never meet anyone without seeing them on Snapchat. I wouldn’t meet with only photos.

Reactions: 3
not really dating but i had tinder for a couple of days while living in ireland and was talking to a guy very briefly but didn't want to meet up with him. turned out he was a bouncer at a pub i went to often. he never let me in again 😂

• Haha
If he's a pre-op trans-man, your poor male friend must have been in fear of being accused of unlawful discrimination these days!

Reactions: 2
Any hole's a goal.
this is SO bizarre!!!!!!!!! how did the date think this would play out?! like "oh yeh i said i was a woman but..." it is not even like those people who post fotos of themselves younger/thinner etc.... this is just... how did you friend react????????

Reactions: 6
If he's a pre-op trans-man, your poor male friend must have been in fear of being accused of unlawful discrimination these days!
no it waa definitely a man that had nothing to do with the pics he was using to chat to him. Awful. I would’ve punched him

Reactions: 4
this is SO bizarre!!!!!!!!! how did the date think this would play out?! like "oh yeh i said i was a woman but..." it is not even like those people who post fotos of themselves younger/thinner etc.... this is just... how did you friend react????????
There was an episode of CatFish like this. The catfish didn’t know they guy who he was talking too neither it was weird!

Reactions: 5
he came up and my friend was confused he said something along the lines of he knows he isn’t a girl but he find him really attractive?!!!!!! He literally just walked out but was proper proper fuming and embaressed obviously! Genuinely don’t know how or why this person thought he’d be like ah you’re not a girl? Ok that’s fine I’ll go along with it anyway! bleeping maaaaad

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
This is an interesting read. It always stayed with me as the 'reveal' was so mundane

Reactions: 2
I agree. Like surely they're going to notice? Even if they were open to a same-sex relationship it started out on a lie.

Reactions: 4
I have a love/hate relationship with online dating.

I love having these funny stories to look back on but trying to meet someone seems like such a marathon! Like really genuinely trying to meet someone to start something with.

Or is it just a total generation/culture leap where less people are willing to settle down because of the countless other options available?

It seems like people want the image and status of a relationship, but they don’t want the feelings or the lifestyle compromises. Theres also women (I’m guilty of this) who don’t also want to ‘waste’ time because of biological clocks etc.

While I can laugh about my experiences I have to wonder whether it’s ME personally that’s the reason I can’t meet anyone or whether it’s just the way that dating is structured now.

Having nipple clamps attached by a bloke 33 years older than me was a ride and a good story but I also want a bloody boyfriend!😂

• Haha