Online dating horror stories!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not a dating site one and not sexy. And not quite a date. Just disgusting.
Back at Uni I met a nice guy at an afternoon Uni gig. He ticked all the boxes, decent looking, clean clothes, smelled nice (this is relevant later), very pleasant and seemed popular so I thought it safe to accept his offer of going for a burger then maybe for a drink. Outside on the street he said he needed to go home first for some cash and to change his clothes. OK (I suppose), and he said he lived with his family near the venue so off we went. I knew my town, and a few minutes into the walk I was "Oh duck!" 😟... this was not a good area we were heading into. Got to his home and he bounced in trailing me with him. What a total tit hole. There were about 5 adults, a gaggle of dirty kids and what seemed like 4 dogs roaming around the living room. Our entrance was ignored while they watched jeremy Kyle or something similar and after I whispered I needed a wee my bloke pointed me to the stairs then disappeared, no clue where he went. Every step I took I could feel my shoes literally sticking to the floor. shtick, slap, shtick, slap all the way up the stairs ... Got to the bathroom and I have no words:eek:. So I nudged the door closed with my foot, tried not to look at the toilet again and stood there having a mild anxiety attack while I pondered how to escape this hell politely. Then the door opened. Apparently the door had a tricky lock and there stood a large female about my age. "You all right love?" she said. My mind on overdrive I replied "No, actually I need to get home, my period has come on early and I've no tampons with me." "Ach hang on " she says and disappeared into the next room. Then she reappeared clutching a used sanitary towel. :sick: "It's Ok , it's barely used" she says. 🤮🤮🤮
duck politeness ... I swear I was out that door, down the stairs and shtick-slapping into the street in a flash and thank duck I was wearing trainers because I ran like Linford Christie till I got to civilisation. Saw the guy at a few events and avoided him like the plague. Obviously.
Ah, Uni days, never a dull moment.

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Following my last post I feel like I should add something less drab to lighten the thread.

most of these stories are from Tinder (I’m 25 and been single for 7 years and on tinder for most of that)

- Met a guy at a hotel who after we had sex cried about his recent ex gf and told me he regretted sleeping with me (thanks babe)

- travelled America and got asked on a date in Boston. When I politely asked how much I could offer to the bill he said ‘just throw down a $20’-2 drinks plus a large tip- he had a well paid job and he’d asked ME out!! Got nothing on a spoons night out

Ended up sleeping with 2 boys who lived 40 miles from my house but they both lived a few doors from each other (same street) and we all nearly bumped into each other 😖🤣

Went on a date with a police officer, we got really drunk and ended up at his place where he handcuffed me while doing me from behind... I pissed the bed by accident while asleep and he still asked me out for a second date fml😂😂

Met up with a guy in a McDonald’s car park as a rebound bc I was sad about my recent break up with my ex... I took one look at his black buck teeth, horrified, told him I was gonna go through the drive thru.... I did but that but I as I drove out I sped to the exit and headed home 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 26
This is going back about 3 years . But I started chatting to a guy off a dating site who wanted me to send him pics of my ass in return for putting money in my PayPal account 😂. I did it once just to see if he was serious & he actually sent me £20 🤣🤣. His requests after that got beyond weird & I questioned if I wanted to be part of something like that 😂😂. Blocked & Pay pal deleted lol . Some men are beyond weird .
I’m recently single now again & cannot stomach online dating again 🤢

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Back in the days of Faceparty...

He said, "you could have at least made an effort and worn nail varnish"

And "I thought you were ugly when I first met you but I think you're alright now".

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Can anyone remember ‘love@lycos’?!

I went on a date with a Geordie lad called Anthony off Love@lycos we went out to Yates’ in Doncaster. We had a lovely time, he was a gentleman and he walked me to the taxi place where I went home. In the taxi on the way home he text me (on my old Philips Savvy mobile!) to say ‘you’re my witch and I’m your dog’ - I never replied.
I went out on a date with someone I met on Love at Lycos. Had been so busy texting him in the week to make arrangements, when I slipped away to the toilet, thought I was texting my friend to say he was nice and was ok but as soon as I hit send, realised I sent it to him and was reading it as I came back 🙈. Luckily we had a laugh about it and 17 years on he’s now my husband!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Back in the days of Faceparty...

He said, "you could have at least made an effort and worn nail varnish"

And "I thought you were ugly when I first met you but I think you're alright now".
Omg I used to love faceparty! I used to get hammered and completely wind them all up on there 😄 it was full of perverts but could be a really good laugh too. I was never brave enough to meet anyone off there though! All the (literally) wankers on cam put me off 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Not really a horror story, but more of a cringe one.

I met this guy online who seemed rather decent. I was in college and he was a young banker. I got lost on my way to the place where he wanted us to meet up and he didn't even offer to come meet me where I was. I wasn't far at all, but I somehow couldn't find the place. Then we got to this bougie bar and we literally had nothing to say to each other. It was the most painful date I'd ever been on. He kept going on about how he was an investment banker and made great money and got a job in NYC. He was so full of himself and asked me no questions. Painful. He was starring at his watch even looking at other girls. Awful.

Fast forward, a couple years later and I'm a banker myself now. It's not that fancy. One thing I'm 100% on is I never want to go on a date with a banker ever again.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I was chatting to a guy on Tinder for weeks and he was a dominant. Never done that sort of thing before (or since) but it was really interesting and I was curious.

Anyway he came round to my place (dangerous looking back) and we had a really great time. Showed me a different side of sex - this was before fifty shades.

But then I got attached and stalked him on fb. Married and kids. I still pursued him for weeks after too fml 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I was chatting to a guy on Tinder for weeks and he was a dominant. Never done that sort of thing before (or since) but it was really interesting and I was curious.

Anyway he came round to my place (dangerous looking back) and we had a really great time. Showed me a different side of sex - this was before fifty shades.

But then I got attached and stalked him on fb. Married and kids. I still pursued him for weeks after too fml 🤣🤣
I need to know more details!! Hah

Reactions: 5
My friend has been using Bumble and has had quite an experience! She met a guy four weeks ago on there and in that timeframe they’ve been having a relationship of sorts in fastforward speed. In that time they’ve been out for dinner, to the zoo, met each other’s families and have been sleeping together and regularly staying round each other’s places. On their first date he serenaded her with the pina colada song in front of a whole bar of people - massive cringe. Obviously worked on her though! He also would text her to ask if she “wanted to go for a drive”, which is a bit strange to me, I would have asked him to make a proper plan with me for another day. He even came to her birthday dinner, which was a week or so ago, so as her friends we have now met him. He chose to pay for the whole dinner which was a nice gesture.

Anyway, Valentine’s Day rolls around and bearing in mind that it’s a new “relationship” I think she thought that he might send her a card or flowers. Nothing happens all day - not even a text message. I think she got involved too quickly and he was love bombing her. It gave me a lot of red flags as to how quickly it was all going and so I wasn’t particularly surprised that had avoided Valentine’s Day. He messaged her the day after Valentine’s Day to break things off by saying he “needed some space”.

Now he’s back on the scene as he’s texted her today to say hello
Note the bit in bold. Within four weeks she had been serenaded on a first date, blanked on Valentine's Day, told the man 'needed space' then contacted again. This is one of the most amazing stories I've read on here. If the person who posted this still comes on here, perhaps you could update us as to how this situation with your friend ended up. I'm guessing it wouldn't have finished happily.

Someone else that I know had a first date with a man she had met on an app and they had been texting back and forth for the week before. She had disclosed to him that she liked going to Center Parcs with her teenage daughter. At the end of their first date (which was at a pub he had driven them to, her car had been left at his house), he told her that he had booked for them to go to Center Parcs in a few weeks.
He wasn't assuming too much at all, was he?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
This thread is my jam!!!
Ok so years ago I met someone on POF.
we hit it off straight away… met up about a week later after talking on the phone/texting! We had like a 3 month romance.. a few trips away in hotels for a long weekend etc.

But… something just wasn’t right!
I had been introduced to his as what his name was online hed told me about his job and his family etc… had no kids.
Anyway. Me being the detective I am did some research using rreverse phone number searching!
It turned out… (after I’d met one of his parents)

he wasn’t even named what I’d been calling him for 3 months… 3 bloody months with a different name.
he also had a two children and worked in a totally different profession than he said he did!
I was so shocked!
when I confronted him he didn’t even bat an eyelid!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
This thread is my life blood… I have a lot of dating story’s, and some from my sister as well.. we had such a blast dating .. I know live this through here and my younger colleagues going through the pain of it all..
Ride on boys and girls…

nipple clamps hahahaha

Reactions: 1
I met a guy off tinder who I'm convinced was either using his younger brothers photos or photos from a very long time ago. His family were on holiday in the town I was living, we agreed to meet in the local booze aisle of sainsburys. I know, classy. But also it was the nearest public place to meet him.
When i say he looked nothing like his pictures, he looked so drastically different i was shocked. His pics paved the way for a slim 5'8 guy, who liked cycling, swimming - wore clark kent style glasses and had a chiselled jaw.
The guy who turned up was a wobbly, clumsy & dozy on his feet, 6'5 guy. He was wearing worn out plimsols and work trousers and a very badly fitted dinner shirt. The plimsols were old and when he walked they dragged on a good way behind him. He was a big guy, nowhere near the toned slim guy in his pics. We shared some drinks in the park and he wouldn't stop ranting about joe rogan and played a whole album by the who - with ads on youtube on his phone, sshing me over certain terrible screeching parts. (screeching because of the terrible quality from his phone). I went off for a pee in the bushes and when I returned he had drunkily wandered away, leaving his worn out plimsolls on the bench. 🤣 Definitely thank the universe on that one.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Thank you Annaj.
This is one story I read and im sure there was a tv program about it. Absoluetly awful! https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...ate-joshua-stimpson-stabbed-ex-death-text/amp
I'm a few years behind as I have only just found this thread but Molly was my friend. She was the most beautiful girl inside and out and did not deserve what happened to her. He is absolute scum but it just goes to show how you never know someone or what they are capable of

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11