One direction

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah he was paying for all of her taxi rides and stuff which is basically nothing for a celebrity lol. And for young impressionable fans they’ll just take it as ‘aW zAyNs wElL swEeT’. It’s actually kind of predatory how he is. Surprised he settled with gigi but she’ll know the industry in and out, not a random girl from Acton lol

Reactions: 1
Ah I’m sure all of them slept with fans (of age you’d hope - , would they need the headache of underage when there were always so many willing attractive girls who wouldn’t cause the worst kind of scandal if uncovered?)
It’s part and parcel of the lonely depressing existence of endless touring and performing. They were recording the next album while still promoting the previous. It’s pretty insane how much they were squeezed dry, no wonder they’re all messed up one way or another They even kind of admitted hooking up with fans on that game on Ellen with the paddles didn’t they ? Or a few of them did ?

Ah I’m sure all of them slept with fans (of age you’d hope - , would they need the headache of underage when there were always so many willing attractive girls who wouldn’t cause the worst kind of scandal if uncovered?)
It’s part and parcel of the lonely depressing existence of endless touring and performing. They were recording the next album while still promoting the previous. It’s pretty insane how much they were squeezed dry, no wonder they’re all messed up one way or another They even kind of admitted hooking up with fans on that game on Ellen with the paddles didn’t they ? Or a few of them did ?
I think they all admitted it :D Young men, surrounded by beautiful women, idolised by all, it was probably a pleasant respite from reality.

You're right though, they were worked until they dropped, travelled all over the world but saw none of it apart from airports, TV studios and stadiums, always having to be smiley, chatty and enthusiastic regardless of how weary they all were. I remember watching them being interviewed when it had just been announced that Louis was having a child with an unknown American woman, and the interviewer was desperate to get some insider gossip. All Louis would say was that he was buzzing about it, which was so obviously the opposite of his real feelings. After that, questions about the pregnancy were banned.

I'm quite surprised all the guys seem relatively okay mentally after 6 years of such madness. I'm glad they were allowed to 'go on hiatus' aka split up when they did, otherwise I think it would have been a different story.

Reactions: 2
I assume they were ‘allowed’ at that point because their 5 year contract was up ? And no way in hell did they want to sign up to another 5 with Simon Cowell in charge ?

I assume they were ‘allowed’ at that point because their 5 year contract was up ? And no way in hell did they want to sign up to another 5 with Simon Cowell in charge ?
Yes, almost to the day, from what I have read. I was surprised that Louis stayed with Cowell. The rest of them moved on pretty sharpish.

I like Niall's post 1D music - some of it, not enough to download an entire album.
I bought Harry's first album - much to my DD's amusement - she was an original 1D fan but once she hit 16, her musical tastes changed and she's now into nu-metal and emo rap. Yeah, right. 😖😖.

I guess I am a Mum Directioner after all. I went to see them so many times with DD (and a couple of meet and greets) I feel like an honorary fan :D I haven't really heard anything by Louis apart from the song written for his mum, which makes me so sad, released the same week his sister died. Zayn's stuff leaves me cold and Liam's musical offerings are embarrassing.

My opinion only, obviously.😊

Reactions: 2
Harry’s first album was a let down and exercise in mediocrity. He was the only one I cared to listen to post 1D as he had so much potential. It’s not just being good looking, it’s about charisma and that sort of thing , making him the full pop star package. But the album just wasn’t him. It was fine but it wasn’t special.

Fine line on the other hand is an excellent pop record that just gets better as the months pass. It’s creative and fun and accomplished and I usually listen to guitar bands (the Beatles Bowie etc ) but adore (if you know you know...) that album.Even things like the aesthetic are to be commended. think about it , what was the aesthetic of the first album? But witn fine line it’s obvious and it works so well for him. I think watermelon sugar is one of the best pop songs of these times.
It’s beautifully produced too.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I really like Harry's solo stuff. I like Louis' album. It's a shame his vocal ability hasn't improved since One Direction because his songs are really quite good. He has an interesting voice, it's quite emotive. I just don't think he has the confidence. That could have come with touring on his own though. His tour was cancelled/postponed due to Covid19. He was maybe two shows into his first solo tour. Niall's stuff is good too. I'm just not the biggest fan of his voice. Zayn has had a couple of catchy songs but Liam's stuff has been awful. He has a really decent voice, he should have stuck with pop. I guess that isn't selling now.

Reactions: 4
Louis' solo album surprised me so much. I fully expected to not like it. He has always been the weakest vocally and I thought that would reflect in the album. Add in that I despises that song he did with Bebe Rexa. Turns out I love his album, he sings to suit his voice, and ability. And I love the unique sound of his voice, he is so distinctive and recognisable. Has some really beautiful songs on the album. And Kill My Mind is such an underrated pop banger.

Harry I think is overrated, so good songs but overall I find him a bit tryhard. Like I don't find his whole image and aesthetic he's going for to be totally authentic and natural. But some good songs, Love Watermelon Sugar.

Niall is my favourite. Love his albums, and love Niall. Yeah, his music isn't necessarily trying to be anything more than guitar led music, with a bit more pop-rock in album 2. But I find it so authentic in that I totally believe that is the music Niall wants to make and enjoys making.

Liam, well, he disappointed me more than anyone. Has a big vocal, really great singing voice. Watch his XF audition back and he can sing. Now he is doing truly terrible R&B music that is tragic and just doesn't work. He should stick to modelling, at least his body is great.

And Zayn, the less said the better. Bland, forgettable, boring. And that's just the music. Zayn does zero promo or touring - anxiety excuse, which I'm no longer convinced by.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think they all must've dabbled in drugs at a time, to be surrounded by that many people all the time (with practically unlimited amounts of money) and have every available opportunity to try whatever you wanted, it would be pretty naive to believe that they hadn't, but Zayn and Louis probably used the most. Harry said in a few interviews for his latest album that he was constantly nervous that he would duck things up for the band or do something wrong so he was anxious all the time and always felt after performances that it wasn't good enough, poor lad! I wonder if Zayn will ever reconcile with them, it's sad there seems to be loads of animosity between them (except maybe Niall) but we probably won't hear about anything until they're really running low on cash! From what Liam said by running his mouth, it doesn't seem like Harry is in proper contact with anyone apart from Niall nowadays which is a shame.

Zayn's first album was really great in my opinion and I enjoyed some of his other singles, but his second album is just too bloody long for anyone's attention span and I would be surprised that with the baby on the way if he'll ever be seen promoting his music ever again. If he doesn't want the spotlight anymore and wants to live with his wealth then fair play, it's a bit of a miracle none of them have truly gone off the deep end yet. I saw Niall on his first tour and thought he was fab, not sure about his most recent album though. Louis just feels like a Liam Gallagher tribute act to me if I'm honest. Liam.....what a waste of a great voice. It's a shame he seems so misguided, he probably relies on the rumours of a 'reunion' the most to get his name out there at the moment but looking back on his XF audition he has such a good voice. Love Harry's solo music!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think there’s a standard plan these days to split a band just after their success peaks as costs for promotions etc goes up and the band start making more demands. And the record company knows they own the songs, they have new bands coming to fill the gap, and in five or ten years when the solo careers have flopped the record company can get them back for peanuts and make a killing on a reunion. Every executive dreams of making the next take that reformation - established group, fans wanting to see them, no need to pay for new songs as they can just do the back catalogue

I think they all must've dabbled in drugs at a time, to be surrounded by that many people all the time (with practically unlimited amounts of money) and have every available opportunity to try whatever you wanted, it would be pretty naive to believe that they hadn't, but Zayn and Louis probably used the most. Harry said in a few interviews for his latest album that he was constantly nervous that he would duck things up for the band or do something wrong so he was anxious all the time and always felt after performances that it wasn't good enough, poor lad! I wonder if Zayn will ever reconcile with them, it's sad there seems to be loads of animosity between them (except maybe Niall) but we probably won't hear about anything until they're really running low on cash! From what Liam said by running his mouth, it doesn't seem like Harry is in proper contact with anyone apart from Niall nowadays which is a shame.

Zayn's first album was really great in my opinion and I enjoyed some of his other singles, but his second album is just too bloody long for anyone's attention span and I would be surprised that with the baby on the way if he'll ever be seen promoting his music ever again. If he doesn't want the spotlight anymore and wants to live with his wealth then fair play, it's a bit of a miracle none of them have truly gone off the deep end yet. I saw Niall on his first tour and thought he was fab, not sure about his most recent album though. Louis just feels like a Liam Gallagher tribute act to me if I'm honest. Liam.....what a waste of a great voice. It's a shame he seems so misguided, he probably relies on the rumours of a 'reunion' the most to get his name out there at the moment but looking back on his XF audition he has such a good voice. Love Harry's solo music!
Liam seems to believe his own publicity, and doesn't seem to want to put the work in anymore. Plus some of his social media offerings have been fantastically embarrassing to read. That instagram post where he was showing off about his jet-setter lifestyle for example :D He was in a protected bubble whilst in 1D - and he hasn't taken any time to educate himself since then. He's harmless enough though and it's a shame he isn't reaching his musical potential.

Zany also said to Louis “I know you like Dick” in the drug video
Dick? I thought he liked Harry :D :D :D

I really feel for the boys, even though I'm not a huuuuge fan of some of them - I can't imagine what that kind of instant fame must've been like and at such a young age (even 18 is v young for that kind of life change). Think it's kind of amazing that the only real scandal was a weed video when it could've been so much worse, although I guess there might be things that haven't come out yet. At heart, I get the feeling they're all nice people who want to do right - although what do I know hahahah.

Agree completely about Louis being a Liam Gallagher tribute - it's so tit, I think he could've really done something by being the only one of them to go for the 'indie pop rock' type thing and tbh I haven't listened to his album but I wish he wasn't such a Liam clone cos he's such a knobhead. He's cool in himself without having to copy someone as overdone as Liam loool. Don't get me wrong tho he's probably still my favourite like I kind of don't see him as a celebrity, he seems v down to earth
I've also heard rumours about Harry being with a man at some point like sharing a house but who knows, everyone and their mum seems to have as well haha 🤷‍♀️

Liam seems to believe his own publicity, and doesn't seem to want to put the work in anymore. Plus some of his social media offerings have been fantastically embarrassing to read. That instagram post where he was showing off about his jet-setter lifestyle for example :D He was in a protected bubble whilst in 1D - and he hasn't taken any time to educate himself since then. He's harmless enough though and it's a shame he isn't reaching his musical potential.
To give him some sympathy, it must be difficult going from being in the biggest band on the planet (and like you said - a protective bubble without anyone to give him a reality check) to flopping for the most part as a solo artist and having almost zero artistic integrity anymore. Say what you will about the quality of the work they're all putting out, but at least they all have some distinctive style/genre they're going for. Liam just feels like he's making music by the numbers and is singing whatever anyone else puts in front of him. Saying all that though, he either just seems so far up his own arse that he has no sense of how arrogant he comes across or he puts on a massive front because he's aware of how everyone else perceives him.

Liam (Payne not Gallagher) seems to me very insecure. He’s physically changed the most, from the sweet little skinny kid with floppy hair and seems determined to assert his masculinity to go with the muscles he’s clearly worked hard to build. But it’s all so clearly phoney, right ?That’s the cringiest thing, he’s not that hyper masculine testerone fuelled man, hes just not. It’s a shame he can’t be himself.
And it leads to misguided statements like the one about Harry being a bad influence on his kids or something. He’s so busy showing he’s ‘no homo’ he didn’t realise we aren’t in a world where gay is used as an insult or a man in femine clothing is to be laughed at anymore - and no one cares.

I don’t think he’s happy at all. He should go to India and find himself or something 😏

To give him some sympathy, it must be difficult going from being in the biggest band on the planet (and like you said - a protective bubble without anyone to give him a reality check) to flopping for the most part as a solo artist and having almost zero artistic integrity anymore. Say what you will about the quality of the work they're all putting out, but at least they all have some distinctive style/genre they're going for. Liam just feels like he's making music by the numbers and is singing whatever anyone else puts in front of him. Saying all that though, he either just seems so far up his own arse that he has no sense of how arrogant he comes across or he puts on a massive front because he's aware of how everyone else perceives him.
EDIT TO ADD -I agree with all of this too ! I was going to add that about his music, it doesn’t seem genuine

Reactions: 7
Talking of Liam's audition, watching it just makes it clear how he seems to have shoehorned himself into this white r&b sound, when he could be rolling in it if he developed his voice more along the 'big band' style of his audition. He'd be excellent at that, and could use it to go into something like musical theatre if he wanted. But nope, he wanted the gold chain it seems 🤷‍♀️

Talking of Liam's audition, watching it just makes it clear how he seems to have shoehorned himself into this white r&b sound, when he could be rolling in it if he developed his voice more along the 'big band' style of his audition. He'd be excellent at that, and could use it to go into something like musical theatre if he wanted. But nope, he wanted the gold chain it seems 🤷‍♀️
Liam's discount Jason Derulo act feels a lot like he just went for it because he was insecure about potentially not doing well or not being on the same level as the others so he went with the most radio-friendly schtick so people would at least remember him from that. I don't feel it's genuine or that he is really fulfilled by it, he'd be much better suited to a more big band/Michael Buble style like you said than whatever he's doing now.

• Haha
I agree ! I do hope Niall finds someone out of the spotlight and settles down one day, I feel like he’d be such a good dad. And seems the most down to earth, even though I think they all are pretty for the biggest boy band ever! I saw an article on where they all grew up and it seems so crazy even now that they all came from that and made it big time

• Sick
I agree ! I do hope Niall finds someone out of the spotlight and settles down one day, I feel like he’d be such a good dad. And seems the most down to earth, even though I think they all are pretty for the biggest boy band ever! I saw an article on where they all grew up and it seems so crazy even now that they all came from that and made it big time
Harry came from quite a wealthy background though - at least his stepdad Robin Twist was pretty rich. I don't know about his bio dad. The others all came from very ordinary families. I hope they all find love and happiness, especially Louis who has had so much bereavement to deal with in the last few years, plus crazy stalker fans trying to prove his baby son was a doll. Niall is going to fall in love with an Irish girl and have a dozen kids, sooner or later. Or he'll hook up with some Hollywood actress and be married and divorced 5 times before he's 40.

Reactions: 3
It’s always been made to seem like Harry was/is better or richer or posher or wealthier or whatever than the others but I don’t necessarily think that’s true. Louis had a car (I believe) before auditioning at 18 for xf. That’s not cheap.

I could be wrong with the above statement though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.