One Direction #5 Gotta get it out of my system

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel so sad for Louis. That’s why I don’t think he and H are a thing. H really has stabbed them all in the back and he’s succeeded the most. I prefer Louis, his songwriting is amazing and he is so witty and kind.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sorry but these men would have to be incredibly unintelligent to not realise they wouldn’t be coming back after 18 months lmao. They all signed record deals before Harry and for 3+ albums in most cases. They dissolved the 1d touring company pretty soon after their last performance. They weren’t going to release 3 albums in 18 months. They had all planned to launch solo careers and agreed that saying a “hiatus” was a nicer way of breaking up than the alternative press headache.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I feel so sad for Louis. That’s why I don’t think he and H are a thing. H really has stabbed them all in the back and he’s succeeded the most. I prefer Louis, his songwriting is amazing and he is so witty and kind.
I think that’s a bit harsh, I don’t think he’s stabbed them in the back, he’s just moved on, they all have at this point. That’s how life works. Louis is fine I’m sure
---

Sorry but these men would have to be incredibly unintelligent to not realise they wouldn’t be coming back after 18 months lmao. They all signed record deals before Harry and for 3+ albums in most cases. They dissolved the 1d touring company pretty soon after their last performance. They weren’t going to release 3 albums in 18 months. They had all planned to launch solo careers and agreed that saying a “hiatus” was a nicer way of breaking up than the alternative press headache.
I still don’t understand why they just couldn’t say they’re breaking up, I think it would have been a lot easier at least that way they wouldn’t be being asked to this day when they’re getting back together.

Reactions: 3
Considering its just whats been posted by larrys but no ones actually shown him following .i mean how would they even know when harry only followed stanley yesterday😆 then as soon as harry follows him apprently stanley unfollowed a freddie account .seems strange to me.stanley dosnt even follow louis why would he follow a freddie account 😆
Gemma Styles hosted two of Stanley Tucci's promo things for his book with Fane productions in both London and Manchester last year.
---

It also gave them wiggle room if their solo careers didn't go the way they wanted. As hiatus is easier to come back from then a full-on split.

Louis never felt confident enough and deserving enough to make it on its own. He has said as much in interviews after the hiatus and went as far as calling himself “forgettable” in the band. Saddest thing. The man is a talent, maybe not the strongest voice (although very much my favourite voice), but so unique sounding, great song writing abilities and just extremely caring selfless sassy fun. He has said he finally found his place and sound going the more indie route and helping unknown bands wherever he can. Angel. I am so happy for him.

In the beginning of 1D he had to deal with people like Steve Brookstein and The Wanted calling him untalented and undeserving. The wanted went after his sexuality by going to twitter telling him to come clean #narnia and going on a talkshow that Louis Tomlinson will be the first one of the members to come out as gay. Those are just snippets of the early days. Together with the fact that Niall and Louis really didn’t get a chance to actually proof themselves vocally until 2013?! I applaud him for making the best of it. He has always praised his 1D days, always has been incredibly thankful and to this day he still believes they will be back together, whenever that might be.

The whole hiatus is so compelling and messy that I truly don’t know what went on. Zayn and Louis were the best of friends partying a week before the official statements. That whole alleged cheating scandal Zayn/Perrie. Louis getting someone pregnant. Who the f leaked the weed video of Louis and Zayn mid 2014 in the first place?! So many questions…

*I think it is interesting to note right before his X factor audition L went on forums trying to find people to form a band because he thought he had better chance to get through with a group.
---

Louis has spoken about - the - talk and that it was mainly Harry who wanted a hiatus. When he asked how long, it stayed quiet and Louis came with “18 months”. I wouldn’t call this “unintelligent”, but maybe a bit naïve and hopeful…just part of his dealing process trying to get used to the idea. Let’s not forget early 2015 was an absolute tit show for the boys. Louis has never thought he could do better than 1D.

From what I could find concerning their solo record deals:
Liam only signed at the end of 2016.
Niall in September 2016.
Louis mid 2017.
And Harry at the beginning of 2016, basically as soon as he could since he had the Azoff’s pushing him since 2012/2013?
---

Gemma Styles hosted two of Stanley Tucci's promo things for his book with Fane productions in both London and Manchester last year.
Oh thanks, didn’t know this. I saw that Stanley followed gemmastyles, but my mind went to Gemma Chan for some reason. Didn’t put two and two together. That is… interesting. Just a freaky coincidence that he ended up following that Freddie account?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Louis never felt confident enough and deserving enough to make it on its own. He has said as much in interviews after the hiatus and went as far as calling himself “forgettable” in the band. Saddest thing. The man is a talent, maybe not the strongest voice (although very much my favourite voice), but so unique sounding, great song writing abilities and just extremely caring selfless sassy fun. He has said he finally found his place and sound going the more indie route and helping unknown bands wherever he can. Angel. I am so happy for him.

In the beginning of 1D he had to deal with people like Steve Brookstein and The Wanted calling him untalented and undeserving. The wanted went after his sexuality by going to twitter telling him to come clean #narnia and going on a talkshow that Louis Tomlinson will be the first one of the members to come out as gay. Those are just snippets of the early days. Together with the fact that Niall and Louis really didn’t get a chance to actually proof themselves vocally until 2013?! I applaud him for making the best of it. He has always praised his 1D days, always has been incredibly thankful and to this day he still believes they will be back together, whenever that might be.

The whole hiatus is so compelling and messy that I truly don’t know what went on. Zayn and Louis were the best of friends partying a week before the official statements. That whole alleged cheating scandal Zayn/Perrie. Louis getting someone pregnant. Who the f leaked the weed video of Louis and Zayn mid 2014 in the first place?! So many questions…

*I think it is interesting to note right before his X factor audition L went on forums trying to find people to form a band because he thought he had better chance to get through with a group.
---

Louis has spoken about - the - talk and that it was mainly Harry who wanted a hiatus. When he asked how long, it stayed quiet and Louis came with “18 months”. I wouldn’t call this “unintelligent”, but maybe a bit naïve and hopeful…just part of his dealing process trying to get used to the idea. Let’s not forget early 2015 was an absolute tit show for the boys. Louis has never thought he could do better than 1D.

From what I could find concerning their solo record deals:
Liam only signed at the end of 2016.
Niall in September 2016.
Louis mid 2017.
And Harry at the beginning of 2016, basically as soon as he could since he had the Azoff’s pushing him since 2012/2013?
---

Oh thanks, didn’t know this. I saw that Stanley followed gemmastyles, but my mind went to Gemma Chan for some reason. Didn’t put two and two together. That is… interesting. Just a freaky coincidence that he ended up following that Freddie account?
Louis solo deal was already signed in 2016 as if you look at the original release of JHO, it's via Syco. So my guess is he signed similar times to Niall and Liam. As Sony would have had first refusal for any of the boys. It's interesting that they essentially kept the "star" and the songwriter.

Zayn, Harry and even Liam should've been the most popular after the band ended. Harry has natural charisma.

It's a shame that Zayns lack of self confidence and anxiety has stopped him becoming huge. 70% of the time he's in the press it's bad and then that's all people see because he doesn't do interviews or show any redeeming qualities.

I think Liam thought he was going to be a huge name in r&b but it just didn't work out that way. Saying things like "used to be in 1d now I'm free" or the thing about how he doesn't get jet lag because he travels by private jet or whatever that controversial IG caption was made him so unrelatable. And then the threesome comment made him seem cocky and disrespectful. His image and ego was world's away from "Liam from 1d"

Also does anyone else find it interesting that you have bands in the past whose fans would dream of marrying them, but for 1d a huge part of the dedicated fanbase wanted the guys to be gay (not just harry and Louis, all of them)

Reactions: 2
I still don’t understand why they just couldn’t say they’re breaking up, I think it would have been a lot easier at least that way they wouldn’t be being asked to this day when they’re getting back together.
Because if their solo careers didn’t work out they wouldn’t get back together so easily. It’s a safety blanket pretty much every band does it

Louis solo deal was already signed in 2016 as if you look at the original release of JHO, it's via Syco. So my guess is he signed similar times to Niall and Liam. As Sony would have had first refusal for any of the boys. It's interesting that they essentially kept the "star" and the songwriter.
Thank you for this !! The whole Sony universe is chaos for me lol. So apologies for the error. Just so I am not misinterpreting things Harry is the star and Louis the songwriter?
I do find it weird how I can’t find reports on Louis’ solo deal in 2016. And his first 3 singles all had different labels? Albeit all apparently fall under Sony (which I didn’t realise until your comment so thank you)…Or is that just pretty normal and is this a rather dumb question?
---
Zayn, Harry and even Liam should've been the most popular after the band ended. Harry has natural charisma.

It's a shame that Zayns lack of self confidence and anxiety has stopped him becoming huge. 70% of the time he's in the press it's bad and then that's all people see because he doesn't do interviews or show any redeeming qualities.

I think Liam thought he was going to be a huge name in r&b but it just didn't work out that way. Saying things like "used to be in 1d now I'm free" or the thing about how he doesn't get jet lag because he travels by private jet or whatever that controversial IG caption was made him so unrelatable. And then the threesome comment made him seem cocky and disrespectful. His image and ego was world's away from "Liam from 1d"

Also does anyone else find it interesting that you have bands in the past whose fans would dream of marrying them, but for 1d a huge part of the dedicated fanbase wanted the guys to be gay (not just harry and Louis, all of them)
If we are going by sm, Harry and Zayn are the most popular. With Niall behind them instead of Liam. I agree that Zayn could be absolutely HUGE if he really wanted.

Honestly I feel for Liam; he was severely above the others talent wise at the start of 1D - his voice, his stage presence. And - the - reason 1D took off. He was nice and professional in the interviews. He had everything going for him. Even when he was pushed more to the sight quite early on and Harry was made the lead singer and the middle man, he never came across as bitter in the slightest. Honestly, the way he carried himself for a 16 year old is admiring. He had a goal and he went for it. So sad to see him struggling with alcohol and mental issues, because without it and/or a solid support system, he would have had a solid solo career by know I am sure (Strip that down acoustic is so catchy) and he wouldn’t have made all those questionable remarks. When I was reading some old news articles there was a moment during 1D Liam wasn’t as thin as before (knowing what we know now - clearly his drinking getting out of hand), but the hate that man received. Veil behaviour. And that was from their fans.

The press surrounding Zayn ever since he left has been a shitshow. And there are many times I’ve wondered what the f his management is thinking. In every press article he was made the fall guy so members like Harry could start their solo career with a clean slate. Louis has always been portrayed quite negatively but after that weed video it got to a whole other level.

I wish I was around during that time to see how it evolved, but I agree some of their fan base is so toxic. Like going from two guys that are close, to they must have sex, is such a weird conclusion?! Especially since like you said, this wasn’t a norm with other boybands?!

They truly had such a toxic fan base, and received the most hate of those fans. No it is not okay to call someone gay, fat, ugly, crack addict, … You never know what someone is going through, and I can only hope most of those “fans” grew the f up.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Thank you for this !! The whole Sony universe is chaos for me lol. So apologies for the error. Just so I am not misinterpreting things Harry is the star and Louis the songwriter?
I do find it weird how I can’t find reports on Louis’ solo deal in 2016. And his first 3 singles all had different labels? Albeit all apparently fall under Sony (which I didn’t realise until your comment so thank you)…Or is that just pretty normal and is this a rather dumb question?
Yeah pretty normal within the music industry.
In 2016 JHO was released via Ultra which was the label Steve Oaki was signed. Sony Music had shares in the label (since 2013) meaning they part-owned it. In 2021 they acquired a bigger stake in it and in 2022 they bought it outright and now fully own it.
In 2017 Louis released BTY which was released via his own company 78 productions under licence to Sony labels Epic (for the US) and Syco for all other territories.
In 2019 for the release of TOU it was announced that Louis had moved from Sony's Epic Records to Sony's newly relaunched Arista Records for US-related music, while still remaining with Syco. Again everything was licenced via his own 78P company.
2020- debut album walls released via 78P under licence to both Sony labels.
July 2020- He parts ways with Syco(and Arista) for any further musical recordings.
2021- It's announced Louis has signed a global partnership deal with BMG an independent label that prides itself on paying ALL talent fairly and in them having full creative control. Again all music would be released through Louis's own 78P.
2022- FITF is released via 78P and BMG,

Hope that makes sense.

The press surrounding Zayn ever since he left has been a shitshow. And there are many times I’ve wondered what the f his management is thinking. In every press article he was made the fall guy so members like Harry could start their solo career with a clean slate. Louis has always been portrayed quite negatively but after that weed video it got to a whole other level.
Zayn was dropped by his management until very recently because he was cited as too difficult to work with. He didn’t turn up to events or interviews and when he did, left halfway through the interviews without warning. Not too much they can do for him when he’s directly sabotaging himself and burning bridges with people in the industry, just as there’s only so much people can do for Liam now if he’s unwilling to get better/recognise his issues with alcohol and drug abuse properly. The weed video in hindsight was a pretty clear PR move to mature their image as they moved into the latter stages of their career as a band. Other ‘teen’ acts have done that before, Miley Cyrus for example.

Reactions: 7
I think Liam is doing better at the moment, him and his girlfriend seem happy, hopefully she has genuine intentions though.

Ah I’m so so excited for it, Niall better get the recognition he deserves with this album, he’s so unbelievably talented ❤

• Heart
I wish I was around during that time to see how it evolved, but I agree some of their fan base is so toxic. Like going from two guys that are close, to they must have sex, is such a weird conclusion?! Especially since like you said, this wasn’t a norm with other boybands?!

They truly had such a toxic fan base, and received the most hate of those fans. No it is not okay to call someone gay, fat, ugly, crack addict, … You never know what someone is going through, and I can only hope most of those “fans” grew the f up.
I’m sorry but I’ll have to disagree when it was them from the beginning who played that card. The Mario Card interview, the TXF video diary where they are playing with chocolates and things kinda escalate, the constant innuendos between the two of them… even their families played along. So no, it is not a “weird conclusion”, at least not with them.

Another thing is whether the fans took it too far, but that’s a topic I personally won’t get into.

All of them, apart from Zayn, started their solo career with a clean slate so i’ve no idea why you’re singling out Harry here. And Zayn was the one who bore the brunt of the hate for that weed video, Louis barely got any hate compared to the (mostly racial) abuse Zayn had to suffer for it. The way users here love victimising Louis so much is bloody bizarre.

So excited for this
I was just coming here to post this. I cannot wait for this album. The jump from Flicker to Heartbreak Weather was amazing and I am still listening to Heartbreak Weather on repeat, so I can only imagine how great this new album is going to be!

• Heart
I was just coming here to post this. I cannot wait for this album. The jump from Flicker to Heartbreak Weather was amazing and I am still listening to Heartbreak Weather on repeat, so I can only imagine how great this new album is going to be!
Heartbreak weather is a No skip album, deserved so much better, up there with my top 3 fave solo albums. So cannot wait for the show❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.