One Direction #5 Gotta get it out of my system

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Harry mentioning the boys in his speech, did not expect that at allā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The larries making this about larry are so weird, this IS THE exact reason they canā€™t be friends publicly because of people like them

Reactions: 9
So proud of him winning all his awards .love how hes got more and more drunk at each award hes got šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 4
He looked soooo good in this outfit!! The open shirt is taking me back! And he was a hot mess, in the best way haha. Stark difference with the Grammyā€™s. Properly enjoying himself!

Anyone know why he thanked Lewis Capaldi? I canā€™t seem to find anything about them working together?
3FAE550C-874E-4434-8B95-83CAF499290E.png
D1E49D67-D8E8-4F63-8B39-4624FD40D6FE.png
C9EE3622-A003-47E6-A182-03352E147442.png

Reactions: 3
I think the him thanking lewis thing is becasue lewis said when he was nominated that he was up for a nominatation and cant wait to lose to harry and has been saying how he cant wait to meet him

Reactions: 9
Ross Golan (who wrote on some of the later albums for 1D) has a podcast with other songwriters, he had Savan Kotecha as a guest once who spoke about 1D and specifically Louis. Savan was one of the main writers and producers for their first 2 albums. He said that Louis ('the one who wasn't the singer/star/the talented one') was bitter about the fact that he was in a boyband and started having something against the songwriters working with them. He said that Louis made it an unhappy environment for him to work in and made him question things so he ended up leaving after album 2 and only writing Happily with Harry for MM. It starts around 45 mins here

He also essentially blacklisted himself from Australian radio in 2017. Ash London, a popular radio presenter over there (I think Niall and Harry have both been on her show before) had a conversation with one of her co-hosts about the 1d guys and one of them asked if Louis was the one with short brown hair and a smaller face and she replied saying yes, with kind of ratty facial hair too.
She got inundated with abuse afterwards for that comment (it was trending on Twitter and thousands of people were sending her death threats). She put out an apology and Louis only replied with 'Probs best to stay on Private for a bit longer love! šŸ–•'. She deleted all her social media after that and Louis never apologised so most stations there don't play him because of how he responded to her.

I know this is an old post, but I have been reading upā€¦ From what I could find Ross Golan only wrote one song for 1D (if I could fly - with Harry Styles - in 2015!). And Savan makes utterly clear in the interview he was perfectly happy with letting the band be a totally inauthentic fabricated boy band who just sit back and do what they are told - be a money machine. (This alone with EVERYTHING we know about the X factor, Simon Cowell, Syco is a big red flag!) Savan didnā€™t think much of them except for apparently Harry Styles being a fantastic songwriter - he is talking about the first two albums (lol) where H is given co writing credits together with literally everyone else in the band. So kinda a weird statement? Louis who asked to get more hands on with the songwriting for the 3rd album was refused by Savan, but after this S did went and gave Harry a shot by writing Happily with him. Contradicting af. He clearly favoured one over the other and considering he was over a decade older than 19/20 yo Louisā€¦just totally icky statement to make imo. One that really does seem to come only from bitterness about losing his job. And just around HS debut album is coming out. I really canā€™t take a fully grown man serious talking about this, talk about handling.
Also worth noting in 2020 he has basically come out and said Louis was kinda right to become more involved (ya think?) and 1D evolved, thanks to L, to a more grown up sound. Louis stood up at that age for himself and the band (Zayn, Liam and Niall have all said as much), I can only applaud that honestly.

About Ash London, definitely got out of hand due to the toxic fan base (1D was known for them, so are Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez and so many more). But he is still to this day being punished for this as well. From what I have seen his music is still not being played by BBC radio etc. When it all started with a tacky unnecessary comment by her - about Lā€™s appearance and a conversation followed about how ā€œhe is not HSā€ and he is the least popular. Louis had lost his mother not even a year ago, was dealing with all the custody stuff, trying to get his sister sober, having to deal with a step dad that already moved onā€¦. God, respect goes both ways, and he really didnā€™t receive it that day. But also maybe donā€™t insult your own guest on your show?

Reactions: 2
I actually would pay money to know why bbc radio 1 STILL donā€™t play Louisā€™s music?? Like what did he do? Itā€™s just so strange? They play all the others (I think?) itā€™s just weird.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I actually would pay money to know why bbc radio 1 STILL donā€™t play Louisā€™s music?? Like what did he do? Itā€™s just so strange? They play all the others (I think?) itā€™s just weird.
Yeah I would also really like to know. Being in reaction to the Ash London thing from 6? years ago seems very much holding on to grudges andā€¦ just childish. EDIT (thanks @Rosa34): also literally Australian radio vs UK radio, so it canā€™t have anything to do with thisā€¦ my bad!
His music really deserves more attention!

I also just saw Harry mentioning he is leaving on tour in 4 days?! Thatā€™s a way too heavy scheduleā€¦ at least he seemed to enjoy himself this night.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Ash London is at an Australian radio station so that wouldnā€™t be the reason for radio 1 not playing him! Also Harry never stops, he genuinely needs a break after the tour ends in the summer and a long one at that..

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Why is Mimi Webbā€™s mom holding Harry for dear life like they are besties?šŸ˜‚ Mimi said it was her goal to meet Harry tonight but the mom looks very interested

Reactions: 1
So happy for Harry! Heā€™s been having a tremendous year and nobody deserves it more. Iā€™m glad heā€™s reaping the rewards of his hard work and success.

Also can i just say, some of you need to stop constantly going on about his management whenever Harry achieves something, acting like he hasnā€™t achieved it off his own talent and hard work. Also as a Jewish person, the antisemitic undertones used when talking about Jeff Azoff, in particular, make me uncomfortable. That one user that randomly brought up zionism and claimed Jeff is a zionist when thereā€™s no proof he isā€¦ itā€™s antisemitic to jump to that conclusion just because heā€™s Jewish but iā€™m sure you knew that already.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.