One Direction #2 It's been so long, it's been so long, maybe they're fireproof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually think my daughter is still secretly a Directioner. How can you sing along to That's What Makes You Beautiful, then a few years later, be humming along to Darkthrone and Satyricon's music? It just doesn't make sense. :D :D

Reactions: 2
I actually think my daughter is still secretly a Directioner. How can you sing along to That's What Makes You Beautiful, then a few years later, be humming along to Darkthrone and Satyricon's music? It just doesn't make sense. :D :D
When I used to go clubbing back at uni (so 2012/13) I used to request 1D in all the cool 'indie' clubs and let me tell you, the men there LOVED a bit of them when drunk

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
She'll drop the Norwegian black rock the moment she breaks up with him and will be onto the next thing....

I remember having a boyfriend who was heavily into drum n bass and I used to bang on about loving it. I didn't. As soon as we split, I never listenened to it again. I didn't hate it, but I would never have chosen to listen to it off my own back. The things we do for love.

When I used to go clubbing back at uni (so 2012/13) I used to request 1D in all the cool 'indie' clubs and let me tell you, the men there LOVED a bit of them when drunk
Right? Men can be so pretentious about music. I remember the boys of my era reading the NME and Melody Maker and then drunkenly shouting along to Kylie Minogue after 5 pints of snakebite and black.

One Direction are great. It is only the early stuff that is pure pop anyway. Later on they got much more rock influenced. I listen to Made in the A.M all the time. Love that album.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She'll drop the Norwegian black rock the moment she breaks up with him and will be onto the next thing....

I remember having a boyfriend who was heavily into drum n bass and I used to bang on about loving it. I didn't. As soon as we split, I never listenened to it again. I didn't hate it, but I would never have chosen to listen to it off my own back. The things we do for love.

Right? Men can be so pretentious about music. I remember the boys of my era reading the NME and Melody Maker and then drunkenly shouting along to Kylie Minogue after 5 pints of snakebite and black.

One Direction are great. It is only the early stuff that is pure pop anyway. Later on they got much more rock influenced. I listen to Made in the A.M all the time. Love that album.
Snakebite and black - you've just made me feel a little bit ill. Wasn't snakebite a mixture of cider, lager and blackcurrant squash?

I never knew what to order when I was a teenager (underage drinking, no ID needed) and I had some crazy idea that Cinzano would make me appear sophisticated. I can't even look at a bottle of the stuff without feeling like puking.

Anyway, back to 1D. They weren't old enough for Snakebite - I read somewhere that Harry is a bit of a wine snob these days. How true that is, who knows?

• Haha
Yes it was the lovely mixture you describe. Cider, lager and blackcurrant cordial. Made you very drunk.

Harry is sipping on some white wine on the back of his rented yacht in the current Holivia photos. Out of all of them he has definitely got sucked into celebsville the most.

I hope he doesn't believe the hype too much and stays grounded - like Louis, who still seems very much a Doncaster lad despite the millions in the bank.

Reactions: 3
Yes it was the lovely mixture you describe. Cider, lager and blackcurrant cordial. Made you very drunk.

Harry is sipping on some white wine on the back of his rented yacht in the current Holivia photos. Out of all of them he has definitely got sucked into celebsville the most.

I hope he doesn't believe the hype too much and stays grounded - like Louis, who still seems very much a Doncaster lad despite the millions in the bank.
I love the fact that Louis has stayed close to his Donny mates, employing them all in some capacity. I also loved that video he did for for Back To You, with Bebe Rexha and the Digital Farm Animals, entirely set in Doncaster, in all its gritty glory. Apparently when they broke for lunch, Bebe asked for sushi and everyone laughed and told her 'not in Donny, love' :D :D

I think it's too late for Harry, he cultivated celebrity friendships right from the beginning. Nowt wrong with a glass of white wine though ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Once a directioner, always a directioner😉😉

• Heart
I love the fact that Louis has stayed close to his Donny mates, employing them all in some capacity. I also loved that video he did for for Back To You, with Bebe Rexha and the Digital Farm Animals, entirely set in Doncaster, in all its gritty glory. Apparently when they broke for lunch, Bebe asked for sushi and everyone laughed and told her 'not in Donny, love' :D :D

I think it's too late for Harry, he cultivated celebrity friendships right from the beginning. Nowt wrong with a glass of white wine though ;)
Yes Harry did seem to surround himself with Kardashians and Crawfords and the like from the start.
Louis sounds a bit like Ed Sheeran in that capacity. He got his old school friends to come on tour with him to keep him sane and then put them on the payroll. They are still his closest friends today and of course he ended up marrying someone he went to school with.
I would imagine when you live that kind of life you need people who are genuine and know the real you. Easy to go off the rails otherwise or lose all sense of reality.

I heard Louis talking about Bebe asking for Sushi in Doncaster. That made me laugh. A doner kebab yes, sushi no.

Drinking a glass of white wine right now actually and pretending that I am on a yacht in Italy with Mr Styles soaking up the rays 😎🌞

• Heart
Yes Harry did seem to surround himself with Kardashians and Crawfords and the like from the start.
Louis sounds a bit like Ed Sheeran in that capacity. He got his old school friends to come on tour with him to keep him sane and then put them on the payroll. They are still his closest friends today and of course he ended up marrying someone he went to school with.
I would imagine when you live that kind of life you need people who are genuine and know the real you. Easy to go off the rails otherwise or lose all sense of reality.

I heard Louis talking about Bebe asking for Sushi in Doncaster. That made me laugh. A doner kebab yes, sushi no.

Drinking a glass of white wine right now actually and pretending that I am on a yacht in Italy with Mr Styles soaking up the rays 😎🌞
How can Harry be on a yacht in Italy, drinking wine, when we've only recently been allowed to leave Wales? Is he working? That seems to be how all these famous people get round the Covid travel restrictions. How do I apply for a job working for him? If you're reading, Harry, I make a mean bacon buttie which will sort your hangover out when you've overdone the wine. Give me the nod and I'll send you my CV. ;) :D

Do you remember Pernod and black. Vile

• Sick
Reactions: 3
How can Harry be on a yacht in Italy, drinking wine, when we've only recently been allowed to leave Wales? Is he working? That seems to be how all these famous people get round the Covid travel restrictions. How do I apply for a job working for him? If you're reading, Harry, I make a mean bacon buttie which will sort your hangover out when you've overdone the wine. Give me the nod and I'll send you my CV. ;) :D
He was out there filming the last scenes for My Policeman. There are scenes in the book set in Venice. Once that was done I believe he had Gucci work 'stuff' with Alessandro Michele and then he was photographed at some lovely hotel in the outdoor shower after having a dip in the sea and then we have Holivia at the England Ukraine match in Rome and FINALLY we have Holivia on the yacht - supposedly love's young dream.

So yeah, you get out there under the 'have to travel for work' excuse and then go on a lush holiday for the rest of the summer. Bastards.

Do you remember Pernod and black. Vile
Cannot drink Pernod. I hate anything aniseed or liquorish. Ugh.

Reactions: 4
Didn't Harry film one of his videos in Italy at the height of the pandemic? Shocking really. He has travelled so much during the pandemic.

I think Harry invested in a tequila with Crawford/Gerber which he is often seen with a glass of - straight. :sick: I could not sip tequila, it's for shots only and getting plastered, not for enjoying.:LOL:

I wonder how many of the 1D boys have/had an issue with alcohol? Liam says he has.

Agree with a poster above that Made In The AM is great, as is Four. I often play songs from both.

Harry is in the papers again with Olivia in Italy. It looks like the photos were taken on the same days as the others that were released previously. I know you can only garner so much from a photo, but there's no chemistry whatsoever. It's definitely a showmance. I don't understand why fans become so aggressive towards the women he dates or is pictured with.

Reactions: 1
Seeing all these pictures of Louis enjoying the football these last days and oh boy, the man is aging quick!! Grey hairs, saggy face, and for duck sake, get a haircut!! Looks like a drunken junkie. Don't know what E sees in him. Has to be his bank account.

I think Louis is fit. Part of the appeal is that he seems pretty grounded and wants to do normal stuff with normal people. Maybe he has done the yacht hopping, celeb mingling bollocks and it is just not for him. He seems quite low key (if you ignore living in LA some of the time and having millions in the bank).

Anyway, I think he has sex appeal and you can't always put your finger on what that is exactly. While I don't think there is anything wrong with his hair and he looked great when he went to that wedding a few weeks back, he has such amazing bone structure that short hair does look good on him. Further back we were discussing his haircuts and the peaky blinders cut and the quiff are both good in my book. He does smoke a tit lot though and has for a long time so that is ageing. Also, he does not seem to care much about juice diets and vegan lifestyles like so many celebs. I can imagine him eating Coco Pops for breakfast, a pot noodle for lunch and burger and chips for supper. I think there is something refreshing about seeing a young popstar be so laid back about his appearance and not at all vain.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think Louis is fit. Part of the appeal is that he seems pretty grounded and wants to do normal stuff with normal people. Maybe he has done the yacht hopping, celeb mingling bollocks and it is just not for him. He seems quite low key (if you ignore living in LA some of the time and having millions in the bank).

Anyway, I think he has sex appeal and you can't always put your finger on what that is exactly. While I don't think there is anything wrong with his hair and he looked great when he went to that wedding a few weeks back, he has such amazing bone structure that short hair does look good on him. Further back we were discussing his haircuts and the peaky blinders cut and the quiff are both good in my book. He does smoke a tit lot though and has for a long time so that is ageing. Also, he does not seem to care much about juice diets and vegan lifestyles like so many celebs. I can imagine him eating Coco Pops for breakfast, a pot noodle for lunch and burger and chips for supper. I think there is something refreshing about seeing a young popstar be so laid back about his appearance and not at all vain.
He does have fantastic bone structure, amazing cheek bones. I do think he cares a great deal about his appearance though. He's always very well put together, always matches his shoes to his clothing etc. His style is relaxed but expensive.

Louis is far more down to earth than Harry. I remember back in the One Direction days, there was an article that said Harry and his chums were ordering takeaway salad while the rest of the band were getting a Kentucky. Where can you even get takeaway salad and why would you want to? The whole point of a takeaway is grease, carbs and calories surely?

Anyway, I digress. I don't think Louis looks older than he is. He's still cute. And given the choice of a night out with him or Harry, I'd choose Louis. A pie and a pint or a spinach smoothie? No contest. :D :D

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don't blame him for the grey hairs tbh, he lost his mum and sister in such a short space of time, although his smoking doesn't help. He just needs to get rid of the long hair, for me personally long hair is only a good look if you have lush hair. Also... Why hide those cheekbones and jawline??

I don't blame him for the grey hairs tbh, he lost his mum and sister in such a short space of time, although his smoking doesn't help. He just needs to get rid of the long hair, for me personally long hair is only a good look if you have lush hair. Also... Why hide those cheekbones and jawline??
So true. He has had a truly terrible time of it hasn't he? Moving house at the start of a pandemic made some of my hair fall out with stress, so I can only imagine the impact the events in his life recently have had on him. A few grey hairs are nothing.

I am sure when his new album is finished and released he will be out there looking put together and hot for all the promotional stuff. I like hearing him and his lovely northern accent in interviews. Total soft spot for Louis.

• Heart
So true. He has had a truly terrible time of it hasn't he? Moving house at the start of a pandemic made some of my hair fall out with stress, so I can only imagine the impact the events in his life recently have had on him. A few grey hairs are nothing.

I am sure when his new album is finished and released he will be out there looking put together and hot for all the promotional stuff. I like hearing him and his lovely northern accent in interviews. Total soft spot for Louis.
Agreed, I've always had more of a soft spot for Louis and Zayn because they just want to be with family and friends, and aren't too bothered by their public image if they are caught doing something they 'shouldn't be doing'. They had a lot of their 20s snatched away from them and deserve to just be themselves, kicking back and enjoying their lives.

Louis will always be my favourite and I think he’s absolutely gorgeous. The long hair isn’t his best moment but I still would much rather have him than any of the other four (although zayn is a close second). I liked Louis around 2014-2015(?) when he wore a lot of black skinny jeans and slogan T-shirt’s and his hair was longer and shaggy. Not keen on the overly sporty/polo shirt type thing he wears now but he looks amazing when he wears a suit.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.