One Direction #2 It's been so long, it's been so long, maybe they're fireproof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some people I’ve seen are pissed and upset that dates have been moved and they’ve got reschedule flights and find new hotels (which I think is a valid complaint tbh). I think people are still going but I sort of wish they wouldn’t and show his team that they don’t think it’s safe and they don’t want to put their safety and health over profit. Tbh doing a fine line tour feels almost redundant now. It’s over a year old and the hypes gone for it tbh.

Reactions: 2
I think part of the issue is Europe/UK/etc venues are still working with artists on rescheduling shows. In the US the majority of venues are like "well WE'RE open so sucks if you wanna cancel your show" - insurance isn't covering it because technically the show could go ahead. The financial implications could be huge.

Reactions: 1
I think part of the issue is Europe/UK/etc venues are still working with artists on rescheduling shows. In the US the majority of venues are like "well WE'RE open so sucks if you wanna cancel your show" - insurance isn't covering it because technically the show could go ahead. The financial implications could be huge.
I never thought about it like that. I remember when things were starting to shut down and some peoples shows were going ahead and they had to explain that it wasn’t a case of just being able to pull out because there were contracts and implications not just for them but for all the other people involved with the shows. crappy that after such a horrible time for everyone lately,it all still comes down to money.

I was going to go to the show in Oslo as it is the closest one to me but I would never ever go this year, and IF it gets rescheduled for next year I wouldn't go without a mask even though I'm fully vaccinated. I can see a lot of European dates being cancelled, like the Canada ones, and blaming it on covid even though it would be because he wouldn't make enough money to make it worth his time.

I saw some very irate people talking about how they had not heard from Harry HQ about tickets being rescheduled but that it came from TicketMaster. No communication from Harry's PR/company. People do not seem to like that. Also speculation that The Forum in LA will go ahead in November but they may then say everything else is cancelled due to a Covid resurgence (if that happens). The Forum basically being Jeff Azoffs stomping ground as he ran it and has business interests in it. So they do the shows there and recoup their money and then say everything else is cancelled and duck everyone else. This is of course wild speculation, but it seems the general feeling is The Forum will be the most important gigs to them as they are the most important financially to Azoff.
Seems people think Harry is losing his way. Not thinking about people possibly wanting their money back or not wanting to go to a gig in November and thinking that he does not care about his English, European other place fans and that only America/LA matters.
I wonder if he is getting the best advice.

Reactions: 6
Yeah I mean "Harry" tweeted about several hours after websites and emails from venues/ticketmaster had been sent out so they have every right to be very upset. And I do agree it's very likely a lot of shows will be cancelled and he just won't speak about it. Jeff did really well in becoming friends with Harry and eventually becoming his manager. The whole family is so bleeping connected with everything. Harry would never have gotten a Grammy if it wasn't for the azoff's connections.

Reactions: 4
I'm going to an outdoor gig-type event next weekend and I went to the Blossoms Liverpool pilot gig which required a negative test for entry (it was an evening of normality and it resulted in no positive cases after the event). I have loads of gigs and a festival rescheduled for September/October time (rip bank account) that are on track to go ahead. The only person I had booked for September who has pushed the date back to next year is Dua Lipa. Don't want to sound selfish or a covid denier/anti-vaxxer because I am not but if these big sporting events are going ahead with no huge wave and music events are starting to happen, what is the delay for Harry? It isn't a UK venue thing because like I said, I have other gigs going ahead. I'd like my 70 quid back if he has no intentions of going through with the UK dates (actually idk if I'd want to go through the stress of sitting on ticketmaster at 9am for them to be sold out instantly again)😂. If he needs a break, he should just say so because I'd rather him enjoy himself on stage than him feel pressured to have to put on a show when he's mentally and physically exhausted.

We'd be talking a whole other thing if every venue required negative covid tests, that would be better of course but there's no standard here. Every venue is free to decide themselves what they want as rules if any rules. There are going to spikes of infections you only need to look at the Euros that have just happened. 10% of all new infections are being traced back to people who have gone to one of these games. Have people become so distant from it all that just because only a few 1000 are getting sick and dying instead of 10 000? But by all means. Enjoy your shows.

Some people I’ve seen are pissed and upset that dates have been moved and they’ve got reschedule flights and find new hotels (which I think is a valid complaint tbh). I think people are still going but I sort of wish they wouldn’t and show his team that they don’t think it’s safe and they don’t want to put their safety and health over profit. Tbh doing a fine line tour feels almost redundant now. It’s over a year old and the hypes gone for it tbh.
I agree with this. You need to know what is going on as so many people are not just a short drive from the venue that they are going to. Now the album has been around for about a year and a half it does seem a bit of an anti climax. I do really like Harry, or at least the 1D Harry, but I feel he takes the piss out of his fans a bit. Totally lost in showbiz and seems to have a barrier between him and the people who buy his music. His shows do look great and he seems just as affable on stage as in the 1D days, but there seems to be a disconnect between how he engages at all other times. He does seem to have the impression that he is 'better' than the others. That is why I like Louis. He has no problem getting involved and talking to fans and being a nice guy. It really does matter who you surround yourself with.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I agree with this. You need to know what is going on as so many people are not just a short drive from the venue that they are going to. Now the album has been around for about a year and a half it does seem a bit of an anti climax. I do really like Harry, or at least the 1D Harry, but I feel he takes the piss out of his fans a bit. Totally lost in showbiz and seems to have a barrier between him and the people who buy his music. His shows do look great and he seems just as affable on stage as in the 1D days, but there seems to be a disconnect between how he engages at all other times. He does seem to have the impression that he is 'better' than the others. That is why I like Louis. He has no problem getting involved and talking to fans and being a nice guy. It really does matter who you surround yourself with.
The thing is, I appreciate if he wants to stay off social media for his own wellbeing, it would be impossible to ignore all the negativity about you even though loads of positive things are being said too and the larries vs antis war gives me a headache so god knows how it makes Harry and Louis feel to have to read it about themselves but there's a difference between sitting on twitter for hours replying to fans and tweeting every few weeks just to let fans know what's what. At the least, we who have paid money deserved an update about tour earlier. Sam Fender also doesn't have new confirmed dates for his 2019 tour but he has given us updates more than once to reassure us its still going ahead. I feel like Harry can't comprehend that we don't all have unlimited money to spend on travel and accommodation at the drop of a hat for whenever he decides to tour here.

That being said, Fine Line is still charting really high for an album thats over 18 months old and I wouldn't miss the tour for the world, even to prove a point about management being annoying😂

Exactly!! This isn’t like UK where most people are mostly less than 2hrs away from most venues with some exceptions like Scottish highlands and the islands north of the mainland and places like Cornwall. (I’m personally about 2hrs/2.5hrs from 5 arenas i mostly just stick to my 2 most convenient but there’s others if I’m desperate to see the show. I mean for me if a show in Leeds got moved to Manchester it’s a pain but it’s not massively that inconvenient.I just book a different travel lodge and stay on the train an extra couple of stops)

But some of the US/Canadian fans who’ve been affected are 5-7hrs away and probably already missing a days school/work. It’s so unfair to screw people around like that. Especially when the show tickets aren’t particularly cheep to start with.I know this isn’t Harry’s fault personally it’s his team etc he can’t even be bothered to pop quick video onto socials explaining what’s going on. It would take ten minutes not exactly messing up his entire day. But socials don’t really exist to him/his team unless It’s beneficial to his/their finances.

I enjoyed fine line when it came out but I’m kinda over it now. Doesn’t really matter if it’s charting that’s mostly just from endless fan streams in my opinion. The general public hype has gone and people have moved on to newer stuff from different people. Harry’s said he’s working on new music which means he’s probably looking towards HS3 now and probably moving on from Fine line himself.

His HS1 was great (he was the fans I was near were just plain irritating) he’s a great performer but Harry Styles the performer is 1000 away from Harry smiley lad from Cheshire. Louis and Niall seem to remember their roots and where they came from which I don’t think Harry does. He’s very LA these days.

Reactions: 5
his disconnect with his fans is my biggesst issue with him. all it takes is a few replies on twitter every week and that's enough to satisfy his stans & improve his image. but he's always been so uninterested on his social media.

his disconnect with his fans is my biggesst issue with him. all it takes is a few replies on twitter every week and that's enough to satisfy his stans & improve his image. but he's always been so uninterested on his social media.
Yes ten minutes a week to reply to a few people would hardly kill him,and the fans would be beyond delighted with that. In his bid to be mr mysterious and ‘I don’t do social media’ he is coming across as a bit of a snob. Only popping up to promote things on social media is very insincere and off putting.

does anyone else think his merch looks like the absolutely bare minimum effort was put into the design? Who would pay that much for a hoody with a coloured Microsoft word font on it?

Yes ten minutes a week to reply to a few people would hardly kill him,and the fans would be beyond delighted with that. In his bid to be mr mysterious and ‘I don’t do social media’ he is coming across as a bit of a snob. Only popping up to promote things on social media is very insincere and off putting.

does anyone else think his merch looks like the absolutely bare minimum effort was put into the design? Who would pay that much for a hoody with a coloured Microsoft word font on it?
His merch is grim. Can’t see myself dropping money on it at tour if it’s the same badly designed rubbish. Some of the fan-made merch is actually gorgeous though.

I can understand the annoyance of people in the US, the original dates were starting in a couple of weeks I think and that's not enough time to plan for some people - I had the same issue with another gig that was pushed back only a few weeks before and constantly waiting for news. The communication was poor.
That combined with Harry being seen filming something, and then swanning around on a yacht...it didn't look good!! I love him but I agree this hasn't been his best move.

• Heart
I loooove Harry but I find it hard to stay interested when he's doing actor work as I'm not really a film person. I'll be first in line at the cinema when the films come out but they're not something I'd be interested in if he weren't in it. So excited for HS3 though - his two albums couldn't be any better in my eyes so I hope he completes that perfect three album run for me.

I loooove Harry but I find it hard to stay interested when he's doing actor work as I'm not really a film person. I'll be first in line at the cinema when the films come out but they're not something I'd be interested in if he weren't in it. So excited for HS3 though - his two albums couldn't be any better in my eyes so I hope he completes that perfect three album run for me.
I read My Policeman last week...it's SO good, really intense, I think it will be quite a challenge for Harry to get the nuances of it. Really excited to see how he does.
I wonder if he will do a surprise album drop out of nowhere 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I loved My Policeman. I read it about 8 months ago. It is so absorbing and devastating and beautifully written in my opinion. I think David Dawson is good casting for Patrick Hazelwood. I am very interested to see Harry in the role although I notice he is staying brunette for it and it mentions in the book multiple times that Tom Burgess has blonde curls. I hope he is good, which sounds a silly thing to say, but I have not seen him in anything but music videos - haven't seen Dunkirk although keep meaning to. I liked the book so much that I don't want to be let down by any of the performances. I thought Emma Corrin was great in The Crown so I have high hopes for her. Quite excited to see it when it comes out on Prime, whenever that may be.

YES! that first pic was my favourite phase of his. Probably could have done with a bit of warning before those pictures lol!

niall seems like a really lovely fella but I just can’t find him attractive at all,he just looks like such a little boy to me bless him(I’m sure he is devastated that someone in their mid thirties doesn’t find him attractive lol!)
Have you seen the video of Louis making a fish finger butty on Marcus Rashford’s insta page?Poor lad can’t cook for toffee but he was actually very entertaining while making a mess of the whole thing 😂 would like to see him to more TV, think he’d be a natural.

• Wow
Louis has always been really naturally witty - I'd like to see him on TV more too. Could see him being a coach on The Voice one day.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.