One Direction #2 It's been so long, it's been so long, maybe they're fireproof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of course his current relationship is PR. You famously never see many pap pics of Harry (i think he might even have had some sort of press injuction at one point) and suddenly there was a period of 2-3 weeks where we were bombarded with pictures of this new relationship. What are the chances that it just happens to be with someone he is working on a new film with.

Strange.... you never see any pap pics of Harry apart from with Taylor Swift (still trying to build his profile), Nick Grimshaw (papers insinuating something clearly) and Olivia (film). All his other relationships with men or women (who cares whether he is gay, straight, fluid) have been kept under wraps.

Reactions: 1
Could Xander have been around so much due to a working relationship? Harry seems to insert himself into other families with relative (pardon the pun) ease. No idea if they were ever a couple, but it's much more believable than any female he's been linked to.

I don't think every fan that thinks Harry is gay is desperate for him to be so, I just think he is. No big deal if he turns out not to be.

I have a hard time with people who don't put any of the responsibility on Harry for his part in publicly 'dating' women, like he's some poor incapable creature with no say in his own career. He has been in the industry for more than a decade now, I doubt very much he is forcibly closeted anymore. I'm sure he once was, but now he's just playing the game. If you want to reach stratospheric heights in the entertainment industry as a front man, you have to adhere to some rules. In my opinion, he's fairly 'out' in his own environment, his live shows, but he publicly stays quiet.
Agreed. I don't want him to be gay. I simply think he is gay.

His young fanbase seem to think he is not responsible for the things that go on around him and that things are just 'done to him'. Women attach themselves to him, people closet him, people invade his privacy (rather than him courting the limelight). It seems to be a poor ickle bunny Harry attitude much of the time. Don't really understand that. He is not 18 anymore, what is he, 27 now? I think he is probably very calculating in what he does and does not do. I also think he gives out two narratives. He pushes the narrative that he is bisexual/gay in his music and onstage and through fashion and then with the press and general public who don't know as much about him he pushes the lothario angle - here I am with another pretty older woman on a yacht etc etc. So it is really him that makes people discuss his sexuality and what he is up to because he is so contradictory. People love to speculate and any savvy artist knows that.

Reactions: 6
Out of interest, what is it that makes you guys think he’s gay rather than bi? I think the way he writes and talks about women and also the chemistry he’s had with his partners when he doesn’t know he’s being recorded doesn’t really scream to me that he has zero attraction to women. And the song Carolina is kind of proof that he’s had relationships with non-celebrity women. He simply could’ve not written that song or not included her actual name to make it more ambiguous what or who the song was about (I’ve seen people try to say it’s about cocaine but he literally name drops Townes). Surely if all of the women he’s been with were stunts, their relationships would’ve been more exposed in the media but like has been said, we barely saw any footage of them together yet we know from fans seeing Harry and Camille, Taylor etc out in public that he genuinely did spend time with these women and not just for media attention. I’m sure we didn’t even see the video of harry and Taylor kissing on New Year’s Eve until 2020 and surely that would’ve been released at the time if it was a stunt to try and convince us they were together. I think he saw Camille as ‘the one’ and really cherished having a relationship with her out of the public eye. I personally don’t think Harry and Olivia are a stunt though I can admit that all of the arguments for it being a stunt are strong, but his other relationships were way too low-key for them to be anything but genuine in my opinion (I’m not saying I don’t think him dating high profile people wasn’t beneficial for him and the other party involved, I just don’t think it was set up). And also, what would someone like Townes or Camille get out of being Harry’s beard? They got no public exposure out of it.

Do you think his relationship with Caroline Flack was genuine, set up by management or a cover up for him being with Nick Grimshaw? Surely management making a 17 year old date someone almost twice his age wouldn’t be allowed (though management aren’t known for their morals🥴).

Oh God Caroline Flack was definitely not a real relationship. If anything it was to distance him from the rumours around him and Louis. For no other reason. It doesn't mean you don't like or get on with the people you are linked to and put together with, but you are not actually sleeping together and having a bona fide relationship.

Camille is the only female relationship that I think was probably genuine. Having said that, no one knows how deeply he actually felt. It is assumed she was his biggest love etc etc but why is that? He wrote a song about her on his latest album. Says he doesn't want her to call her new boyfriend what she used to call him etc and that is all. Quite basic break up stuff and then interview later he seemed very sanguine about the relationship and definitely over it. He writes other songs about other unnamed people that seem much deeper and more distressing. Who are they about? He certainly does not want to confirm or deny who they are about. Why is he so shy about discussing some songs but will discuss others at length (Cherry)? He is very coy about some things but not others. My thought (and it is only my thought) is that it was possibly not as serious and intense as some people would like to believe. It was roughly a year, in that time she would have travelled a lot and he would have travelled a lot. How much of that time was them together full time? How serious was it? We don't know. So you could say from that well he is bisexual and not gay, but something is telling me that that is not the case.

Only time will tell. That Xander post was very compelling and I totally believe he and Louis were getting it on however casually for a long time, so maybe his longest relationships have been with men and the short casual relationships with women are never very serious?

I have no idea about the song Caroline, as I don't know what he has said about it. Whenever I have heard him talk about songs it is always the same answer "you can interpret it any way you like" and he has said that about 1D songs too.

Of course his current relationship is PR. You famously never see many pap pics of Harry (i think he might even have had some sort of press injuction at one point) and suddenly there was a period of 2-3 weeks where we were bombarded with pictures of this new relationship. What are the chances that it just happens to be with someone he is working on a new film with.

Strange.... you never see any pap pics of Harry apart from with Taylor Swift (still trying to build his profile), Nick Grimshaw (papers insinuating something clearly) and Olivia (film). All his other relationships with men or women (who cares whether he is gay, straight, fluid) have been kept under wraps.
We saw him with whatever Kardashian he was dating.

I have no idea about the song Caroline, as I don't know what he has said about it. Whenever I have heard him talk about songs it is always the same answer "you can interpret it any way you like" and he has said that about 1D songs too.
He talks about it in the little documentary that came out with his first album - the song is basically about a girl from Carolina who he had a short, casual relationship with but he namedrops her in the line
'Moved all the way 'cause her grandma told her "Townes, better swim before you drown".

And this is Townes
1625662581160.png

I think most of Fine Line is about Camille. On the first album, Only Angel is believed to be about Kendall, Two Ghosts about Taylor and then Carolina about Townes.

She is very pretty.

Have to disagree with you about Two Ghosts. That has got to be about Louis Tomlinson. But that is the beauty of what he does, never confirms or denies.

One day there will be a biography on him and then we'll know 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 3
i swear being a 1d stan is what got me kickstarted with my obsession with conspiracy theories. these boys never gave a straight answer for ANYTHING and us stans took any morsel of information we got and created the wildest (yet somehow believable) conspiracies. still waiting for the day there's a tell-all about everything that went on in the band etc 🤞

• Haha
Reactions: 8
i swear being a 1d stan is what got me kickstarted with my obsession with conspiracy theories. these boys never gave a straight answer for ANYTHING and us stans took any morsel of information we got and created the wildest (yet somehow believable) conspiracies. still waiting for the day there's a tell-all about everything that went on in the band etc 🤞
I remember being fifteen and watching conspiracy videos on Youtube that said there was more than one Eleonor 😭😭 what was that about lmaooo

• Haha
Reactions: 5
They probably had the most intense media training which told them to never confirm or deny anything so nobody can hold them accountable for saying something false or upsetting people. Harry talks so slow in interviews like he's so conscious of not saying something that could land him in trouble.

He basically confirmed on Radio 1 that Two Ghosts was about Taylor.
He STILL did not confirm it. Nick Grimshaw said it was about Taylor and he was like AAAhhh Nooooo! He loves to be ambiguous. I mean it could be and maybe it is Sweet Creature that is about Louis ;)

I hate the way they get so media trained. In the beginning they will say anything and it is much more fun.

Reactions: 2
He STILL did not confirm it. Nick Grimshaw said it was about Taylor and he was like AAAhhh Nooooo! He loves to be ambiguous. I mean it could be and maybe it is Sweet Creature that is about Louis ;)

I hate the way they get so media trained. In the beginning they will say anything and it is much more fun.
I thought Sweet Creature was about Gemma?

Did anyone see Liams Instagram story a few days ago about Maya? I really don’t think he’s in a good headspace, he should really take a long break ☹
Hope he isn't heading for a full blown breakdown the poor lad

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Where to start....

The song is clearly about someone he cares very much about. It is about someone he is no longer in a relationship with but someone he was once very close to. I’ve always felt like he is establishing that this song is about someone he cares about deeply, his sweet creature, and yet someone he was no longer in a romantic relationship with at the time the song was written. He had been talking to either this person or someone else close in his life about where this relationship failed, and went wrong. That being said, there is hope. Stating that they are still young gives the impression that there is still time for them to figure things out between them, and while they don’t know where they are going in their individual lives, there is a sense of belonging to each other.
"And oh we started, two hearts in one home" - Harry has only ever lived with his Mum (and Dad for a while), his sister and Louis.

The song does not feel platonic or about a sibling relationship.
"Had another talk about where its going wrong" - that references a romantic relationship. It should also be noted that Harry did make a sort of denial about it being about Louis (no surprise there) but then I heard an interview where he said the song was about one person, but he was not sure if the person knew it was about them, which to me makes no sense if it were in fact about Gemma. He would simply tell her it was about her if it was indeed about her.

In the early days, Harry used to refer to Louis as 'sweetums' and 'sweetcheeks' - plenty of tweets still in existence to attest to that. He is his "Sweet" creature

As the song seems to be about a broken relationship and also talks about how they started under the same roof, it makes no sense that it would be about a sibling. There is no broken relationship with Gemma and the other person he lived under the same roof with from the X Factor days was Louis Tomlinson.

He acknowledges that he and this person argue, largely because they are both stubborn, but…

"When I run out of road, you bring me home"

…despite the arguing and stubbornness, this person represents home to him. They not only lived in a shared home, but this person somewhat embodies what “home” means to him - safety, comfort, where he can be himself (”for your eyes only” comes to mind). This person holds a place in his heart and will always be his safe space.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk. I could write more but I am tired and it is all pretty much there. This song is romantic and not familial.

Reactions: 8
I remember being fifteen and watching conspiracy videos on Youtube that said there was more than one Eleonor 😭😭 what was that about lmaooo
I remember reading the theory that Eleanor was triplets. There was a brilliant Tumblr called something like The Real Larry Stylinson and they had all these photos of the same girl but drawing circles around the 'proof' like she was taller in one picture, had a different hairline in another, differently shaped ears and stuff like that. I loved it, it was so endearingly bonkers.

I'm years older than all of you but both my daughters were mad Directioners in their early/mid teens and I took them to lots of their shows and to a meet and greet once, £250 quid for 10 minutes with the band - I must have had more money in those days. All I remember is how charming Harry was to all the mums there and how Louis smelt a bit cigaretty.

Their shows were good though, it took me back to my own teenage years briefly.

My heart broke slightly when daughter 1 discovered real boys and daughter 2 discovered real girls, and that was it, the 1D madness was over in my house :D I remember one daughter scribbling Zayn's face out on all her posters when he left the band but she denies it now, and would probably deny ever being a Directioner because her current boyfriend is into thrash metal and Norwegian black rock and she likes that genre too now :D

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I remember reading the theory that Eleanor was triplets. There was a brilliant Tumblr called something like The Real Larry Stylinson and they had all these photos of the same girl but drawing circles around the 'proof' like she was taller in one picture, had a different hairline in another, differently shaped ears and stuff like that. I loved it, it was so endearingly bonkers.

I'm years older than all of you but both my daughters were mad Directioners in their early/mid teens and I took them to lots of their shows and to a meet and greet once, £250 quid for 10 minutes with the band - I must have had more money in those days. All I remember is how charming Harry was to all the mums there and how Louis smelt a bit cigaretty.

Their shows were good though, it took me back to my own teenage years briefly.

My heart broke slightly when daughter 1 discovered real boys and daughter 2 discovered real girls, and that was it, the 1D madness was over in my house :D I remember one daughter scribbling Zayn's face out on all her posters when he left the band but she denies it now, and would probably deny ever being a Directioner because her current boyfriend is into thrash metal and Norwegian black rock and she likes that genre too now :D
From One Direction to Norwegian black rock. What a journey.

I think the way you described Harry and Louis above has basically summed them up in a nutshell :)

I never noticed One Direction when they first came out. I had just had a baby and was a bit busy! I remember when Harry went solo and released Sign of The Times and I heard it on the radio, I thought "Oh that's alright. He's gone in an interesting direction" (no pun intended) and then promptly forgot all about him again. They just weren't on my radar.

Strange that in lockdown I seem to have gone on a deep dive into their solo work and then gone back to the 1D stuff. All after hearing Adore You (which I love) at the beginning of lockdown. 10 year old daughter loves a bit of 1D so we listen to them in the car quite happily without one of us getting pissed off by the others music choice.

I was not invested in them at the time at all. That is why the Larry Stylinson thing is interesting to me. From an outsider looking in, I can see quite clearly that those boys were involved. Therefore I find it odd that people would say they were not. You can't take a popstars denial as the truth. Everyone tells pork pies.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.