Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
She'll drop the Norwegian black rock the moment she breaks up with him and will be onto the next thing....

I remember having a boyfriend who was heavily into drum n bass and I used to bang on about loving it. I didn't. As soon as we split, I never listenened to it again. I didn't hate it, but I would never have chosen to listen to it off my own back. The things we do for love.

When I used to go clubbing back at uni (so 2012/13) I used to request 1D in all the cool 'indie' clubs and let me tell you, the men there LOVED a bit of them when drunk
Right? Men can be so pretentious about music. I remember the boys of my era reading the NME and Melody Maker and then drunkenly shouting along to Kylie Minogue after 5 pints of snakebite and black.

One Direction are great. It is only the early stuff that is pure pop anyway. Later on they got much more rock influenced. I listen to Made in the A.M all the time. Love that album.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Amyx1518

VIP Member
The more I see of the Tomlinson’s the more i feel for Louis. He truly is a good man. Mark is awful, I wouldn’t blame Louis if he was keeping him at arms length. Mark
acts like a teenager

orlyb1310

VIP Member
Tom Fletcher said on strictly tonight that he’s friends with Harry, they’ve written and toured together?! When we’re mcfly ever associated with Harry/One Direction 😂
Tom wrote a few songs for 1D back in the day - I know ‘I Want’ aka the best song on Up All Night was written by him. As for them being close friends and writing solo stuff together, it’s news to me😂😂. My boyfriend told me to stop being jealous when I said Tom was bullshitting about being close friends with Harry. If there’s a VT from Mr Styles after Tom’s dance next week, I’ll eat my words.

• Haha

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
I think they all became close friends really quickly, they had to rely on each other for companionship and they were all going through the same experience. I did notice though, at the beginning, Harry was never photographed pubbing and clubbing with the others, he was seen hanging around with Grimmy and the Primrose Hill set while the other 4 were out doing what teenage boys do on their nights off. That's one of the main reasons I never thought Larry was a thing.

Idontknowwhatimdoing

Anyone see Harry at the Brit Awards? His accent scarily changed from pseudo Californian to Northern lad and back again. Bless him, he needs to come back to the UK. We can take him down the pub for a pie and a pint and get him back to his usual accent. Who's in? I'm paying;)
I hope I’m wrong but to me he didn’t look right. Lots of sniffing, he looked thin and like he didn’t really want to be there. I saw a clip of the photo call and he looked fed up. Also appeared to leave straight after he got his award, as on the video you could still here a Jack Whitehall presenting. Just didn’t get good vibes from him, like I say, hope I’m wrong

• Sad

Basic

VIP Member
Liam's gone bleach blond. It looks great. He has also shaved a stripe out of one eyebrow which looks silly. He really doesn't seem to know himself or what he wants. I feel a bit sorry for him. The others have all gone in their own directions (pardon the pun) and seem confident in what they are aiming for. I'd love to know who keeps in contact and who doesn't.

1623995092408.png

• Wow

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
No, I think he seems like a darling. If he stood up for himself and the others in the 1D days then good for him. I am sure they were viewed as a money making machine and were forced to do a lot of things that they found distasteful. If he stated that he was not happy about certain things then I don't think that is ground to be labelled a troublemaker or difficult. If he had not put his foot down then they would have continued to make saccharine pop music and not moved into a more rock/folk/pop sound. He was one of the main songwriters from the third album and helped change the sound. I know I would have no interest in their music had it stayed the same as the first two albums. From Midnight Memories onwards is where their music got really good and I think you probably have to credit Louis with a big portion of that.

Everyone is dickish at times anyway.

• Heart

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
Louis can rock a lot of hair cuts. He looked like a Versace model with this one below. However the weird swept over thing is really off-putting. It is a weird emo kid look which is never attractive. With cheekbones like his, I would do the peaky blinders, ruffled short look or quiff again. He is a bit of a dish.

Attachments

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
I love the fact that he has got cereal!

However, I am going to need more information than that. E.g: How tall is he really? Are his eyes as beautiful as they look? What does he smell like?

I've seen the photos and he looked fit. I noticed his temples are graying which I rather like. Any little titbits welcome....
He looked gorgeous in the pictures and very happy which was lovely. I saw a wee video where he was talking about not being used to people not knowing the words and thanking them for listening so nicely and it was really cute lol. I can see it being easy for my Louis obsession to come back haha

• Heart

Amyx1518

VIP Member
This picture always gets to me, 3 months before she passed away. She’s stood directly in front of where her memory picture is now, and depending on what you believe there’s an orb next to Jay’s picture
Yes, the orb by jay’s picture is a lovely little reminder for them that she is there. Fizzy looks almost angelic in the pic with Louis

• Heart

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
I remember reading the theory that Eleanor was triplets. There was a brilliant Tumblr called something like The Real Larry Stylinson and they had all these photos of the same girl but drawing circles around the 'proof' like she was taller in one picture, had a different hairline in another, differently shaped ears and stuff like that. I loved it, it was so endearingly bonkers.

I'm years older than all of you but both my daughters were mad Directioners in their early/mid teens and I took them to lots of their shows and to a meet and greet once, £250 quid for 10 minutes with the band - I must have had more money in those days. All I remember is how charming Harry was to all the mums there and how Louis smelt a bit cigaretty.

Their shows were good though, it took me back to my own teenage years briefly.

My heart broke slightly when daughter 1 discovered real boys and daughter 2 discovered real girls, and that was it, the 1D madness was over in my house :D I remember one daughter scribbling Zayn's face out on all her posters when he left the band but she denies it now, and would probably deny ever being a Directioner because her current boyfriend is into thrash metal and Norwegian black rock and she likes that genre too now :D
From One Direction to Norwegian black rock. What a journey.

I think the way you described Harry and Louis above has basically summed them up in a nutshell :)

I never noticed One Direction when they first came out. I had just had a baby and was a bit busy! I remember when Harry went solo and released Sign of The Times and I heard it on the radio, I thought "Oh that's alright. He's gone in an interesting direction" (no pun intended) and then promptly forgot all about him again. They just weren't on my radar.

Strange that in lockdown I seem to have gone on a deep dive into their solo work and then gone back to the 1D stuff. All after hearing Adore You (which I love) at the beginning of lockdown. 10 year old daughter loves a bit of 1D so we listen to them in the car quite happily without one of us getting pissed off by the others music choice.

I was not invested in them at the time at all. That is why the Larry Stylinson thing is interesting to me. From an outsider looking in, I can see quite clearly that those boys were involved. Therefore I find it odd that people would say they were not. You can't take a popstars denial as the truth. Everyone tells pork pies.

• Heart

Basic

VIP Member
It looks like Dallas was an amazing show for him with loads of rainbow flags. He's clearly been working hard on his voice and he doesn't shy away from the mic anymore. He picked out a dad in the audience had had some banter.

• Heart

duskwithoutdawn

Chatty Member
Fans infantized them though. They were "silly" and the whole draw for a lot of fans was that they appeared hopeless on stage with no real coordination - including eating and drinking on stage. I can't see a band getting away with it now, but at the time it was definitely a thing fans loved and the draw of a show.
Yeah they really heavily leaned into the “5 lads having fun on stage” angle hard. I mean to be fair with their schedule basically touring immediately after the album release & promo they didn’t really have much time to prepare anything other than the stuff they did. They wouldn’t get away with it now though, stuff like Zayn & Louis not knowing the words to Stockholm Syndrome for a few shows and Liam and Louis chucking water on each for all of OTRA wouldn’t fly nowadays which is fair enough.

sleepflowers

VIP Member
I loooove Harry but I find it hard to stay interested when he's doing actor work as I'm not really a film person. I'll be first in line at the cinema when the films come out but they're not something I'd be interested in if he weren't in it. So excited for HS3 though - his two albums couldn't be any better in my eyes so I hope he completes that perfect three album run for me.
I read My Policeman last week...it's SO good, really intense, I think it will be quite a challenge for Harry to get the nuances of it. Really excited to see how he does.
I wonder if he will do a surprise album drop out of nowhere 🤔

• Heart

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
Especially as
- his son lives in another country
- the last two years have made it hard to see family, especially family abroad.

Also the fact that people only believe that he sees him when it’s posted on social media.
Exactly. Well said.

There are still fruitcakes out there who think Freddie is fake, which is hugely disrespectful to the man they claim to idolise.

gossipgirlxxo

VIP Member
I can’t quite believe this Sunday it’ll be 3 years since Fizzy. She was the most beautiful soul inside and out 💔

• Sad

shana

mark posted on ig once that if he got X amount of followers he’d write a book oh ‘the truth’ if anyone remembers?

• Wow