Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

tattle420

VIP Member
If my memory isn't failing me, lilo wrote the most songs during their time in 1d especially 3rd album onwards. And all their songs were banging. The Midnight Memories album has been on replay for me the past 2 weeks and it was such a big departure from their kiddy pop sound from UAN and TMH. MM was so rock and roll with all the drums and guitar (Little black dress, better than words, does he know, diana) it was a banger.

Reactions: 7

Roastielover

I defo believe in all this, been reading it with some interest. A band im friends with have been approached numerous times to go on BGT. Syco basically offered them the chance to go on and they would go straight through to finals, syco would work around any commitments they had. But they had to delete everything they had ever done from Spotify/YouTube etc. Then sign that you are basically Simons bitch. They’ve not done it but each year they get asked.
Wasn’t there another winner from Xfactor who kicked up and fuss? Can’t remember his name now. Also what happened to Lucy Spraggan was awful.

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
I really hope Harry's appearance and demeanor are due to fatigue and not anything else. He comes across as an intelligent man who is too bright to be sucked into the seedy world of substance misuse. He needs a mug of cocoa (not cocaine), a hug from his mum and a good night's sleep.

Do any of you see footage of a show they did in Canada, back in the day, where Harry was talking to the crowd and he sounded overly euphoric and as high as a kite?

• Heart

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
Yes it was the lovely mixture you describe. Cider, lager and blackcurrant cordial. Made you very drunk.

Harry is sipping on some white wine on the back of his rented yacht in the current Holivia photos. Out of all of them he has definitely got sucked into celebsville the most.

I hope he doesn't believe the hype too much and stays grounded - like Louis, who still seems very much a Doncaster lad despite the millions in the bank.
I love the fact that Louis has stayed close to his Donny mates, employing them all in some capacity. I also loved that video he did for for Back To You, with Bebe Rexha and the Digital Farm Animals, entirely set in Doncaster, in all its gritty glory. Apparently when they broke for lunch, Bebe asked for sushi and everyone laughed and told her 'not in Donny, love' :D :D

I think it's too late for Harry, he cultivated celebrity friendships right from the beginning. Nowt wrong with a glass of white wine though ;)

• Haha

lira

VIP Member
I don't blame him for the grey hairs tbh, he lost his mum and sister in such a short space of time, although his smoking doesn't help. He just needs to get rid of the long hair, for me personally long hair is only a good look if you have lush hair. Also... Why hide those cheekbones and jawline??

duskwithoutdawn

Chatty Member
I think you need to calm down.

You brought up his child. I did not say it was not his child. In fact, I did not mention a child.

As to Eleanor, she is probably a very good friend of his and part of his inner circle. They have known each other a long time. That does not mean the narrative of 'girlfriend' is true. He also has more than one house so I would imagine that they are not always under the same roof as each other. For example, he is in America right now. She is not. He moves around without her. I also don't believe it is to do with labels controlling him but that it is probably easier for him to carry on as he is.

You are welcome to believe what you wish, but please don't hysterically launch yourself at someone else if they believe something opposing. I have no desire for you to think what I think. You being sick and tired of something is your problem and not something that needs to concern me.
I am not the hysterical one here love, read back what you just typed out :ROFLMAO: You believe he’s using a “professional beard” in Eleanor, ergo he is gay and inferring he would most likely not have his son because he wouldn’t have a one night stand with a woman. You’re saying it’s “easier for him to carry on” like this because he doesn’t want to come out, by using an innocent woman as a shield and allowing her, her family, his son and their side of the family to get abuse for years? For….what purpose exactly? When he can still be gay and not come out without pretending to be in a relationship for nearly 10 years with a son and not subject those people to that? It’s either he’s being forced to live this lie by an outside force (which would be illegal and besides, he has no outside forces to do that anymore), or he’s actively participating in this himself and pretending to have a son & long term girlfriend for no benefit to his career or to the people he’s utilising?

You’re saying that him being in America without Eleanor currently is proof that they don’t live together most of the time when A) it’s extremely hard for Brits to get into the USA at the moment without specific visas or visitation rights, Gemma and Anne were both posting about wanting to go see Harry on tour but they haven’t been able to and B) he’s been seeing his son while he’s been there as indicated by the pictures of them together so he was allowed in probably due to those visitation rights when Eleanor would not.

Last edited:

Basic

VIP Member
There was a screening last night of My Policeman and it sounds like the book has been beautifully represented. It looks like it might be an Amazon Prime release and not released in cinemas. I can’t wait to see it.

Louis wore a Burberry shirt during last nights concert with TB (aka Thomas Burberry) stitched on the breast. Harry plays Tom Burgess in My Policeman. Oh the Larrying.

• Haha

Dontcare223

I LOVE Lottie, have always been a fan and admire her strength, but she has got to stop referring to Lewis as baby daddy - I don’t know why it just gives me the ick 😂

• Haha

lira

VIP Member
So true. He has had a truly terrible time of it hasn't he? Moving house at the start of a pandemic made some of my hair fall out with stress, so I can only imagine the impact the events in his life recently have had on him. A few grey hairs are nothing.

I am sure when his new album is finished and released he will be out there looking put together and hot for all the promotional stuff. I like hearing him and his lovely northern accent in interviews. Total soft spot for Louis.
Agreed, I've always had more of a soft spot for Louis and Zayn because they just want to be with family and friends, and aren't too bothered by their public image if they are caught doing something they 'shouldn't be doing'. They had a lot of their 20s snatched away from them and deserve to just be themselves, kicking back and enjoying their lives.

tattle420

VIP Member
I remember that. He was furious. I think he thought the crazy fans had moved on from writing slashfic about him and his former workmate.
i had no idea this happened bc i don't watch euphoria but holy shit.. they actually animated it and used their real names and everything. it's so beyond shitty and disturbing that the show went ahead with it. they could have used literally any fictional characters but they chose real people.

lira

VIP Member
Ngl, i've said some very choice words to my own MIL after she did fucked up things to my partner and I & we cut contact with her.

We don't know what Yolanda did, but Zayn's words towards Gigi about strapping on some balls and standing up to her mother make me pretty sad bc I understand how tough it is to be in that position against your in law, and it sucks if your partner isn't even on your side. Either way, I feel so bad for Khai and I hope she never reads what Zayn referred to her as :(
Just my opinion obviously but I think Zayn saying the sperm comment wasn't reducing Khai to just that, but to remind Yolanda that he's the father. He appears to adore Khai so I really don't think anyone that loves their child would be able to refer to their child as that, even in the heat of the moment.

orlyb1310

VIP Member
Is Lewis Burton the former boyfriend of Caroline Flack?
Indeed it is 😶😶

Thinking of Louis and his family today on the sad anniversary of his mother's passing. So tragic and I do think about the little twins often. Just incomprehensible how young they were and how young Jay was too.

• Heart

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
No, I think he seems like a darling. If he stood up for himself and the others in the 1D days then good for him. I am sure they were viewed as a money making machine and were forced to do a lot of things that they found distasteful. If he stated that he was not happy about certain things then I don't think that is ground to be labelled a troublemaker or difficult. If he had not put his foot down then they would have continued to make saccharine pop music and not moved into a more rock/folk/pop sound. He was one of the main songwriters from the third album and helped change the sound. I know I would have no interest in their music had it stayed the same as the first two albums. From Midnight Memories onwards is where their music got really good and I think you probably have to credit Louis with a big portion of that.

Everyone is dickish at times anyway.
Especially me ;)

But I agree with what you say regarding the music improving from the 3rd album.

I also loved, loved, loved the song he wrote for his mum, and was heartbroken when his sister died the week it was released. I hope he had people around him to hug him and support him in his grief.

• Heart

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
I defo believe in all this, been reading it with some interest. A band im friends with have been approached numerous times to go on BGT. Syco basically offered them the chance to go on and they would go straight through to finals, syco would work around any commitments they had. But they had to delete everything they had ever done from Spotify/YouTube etc. Then sign that you are basically Simons bitch. They’ve not done it but each year they get asked.
Wasn’t there another winner from Xfactor who kicked up and fuss? Can’t remember his name now. Also what happened to Lucy Spraggan was awful.
Lucy's experience breaks my heart and the fact she was described as withdrawing from the show due to illness, was abhorrent. She'd been brutally assaulted and it was all swept under the carpet.

I know it's a family friendly show and, for legal reasons, what happened couldn't be acknowledged but after the event, when the man had been jailed and then deported, there should have been some kind of apology/reaction from Syco.

• Sick

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
I think Gemma turned out alright because she was older and out of the sort of environment where people would’ve cared of you were the sister of someone famous. Sure she’s probably benefitted from him being him but she never strikes me as fake hungry. She keeps her head down for the most part.

This probably seems quite classist but I think Gem
Probably also benefits from the upbringing she had in a more upmarket part of the country. Doncaster and Bradford are a bit run down and deprived in certain areas.