One Day of Winter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God she's a tedious self righteous bore. God bless the nursery nurse dealing with this child who has never been told no.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
God she's a tedious self righteous bore. God bless the nursery nurse dealing with this child who has never been told no.
Surely there has to be an element of that no matter how ‘child led’ the nursery is, because if you’ve got 29 kids who you’re playing with outside but 1 who wants to carry on colouring indoors, you’ve got to go with the other 29?

I know that’s what child:keyworker ratios are for but they still structure their days? There isn’t a great deal of going with the flow.

She is very self righteous, no matter how much she tries to play the ‘I’m just like you! We watch tv!’ card.

Reactions: 3
This is definitely not true. My daughter has very much wanted her own space from young age. Absolutely hated being held to sleep and co-sleeping just wouldn’t have worked with her. All babies are different!
The other person said baby so I took that to mean under 1. Babies definitely shouldn't be away from their parents, they need it for emotional development. Babies don't hate cuddles, they positively thrive off them. Then you've got the likes of Lydia bright who was putting baby to sleep in a seperate room dhrjg the day from birth so she could work and then in a cot that rocks her back to sleep so she didn't have to wake up during the night.

But it's very much true to say most children are happy to sleep with a parent and there's nothing wrong with it but we are conditioned to get them out and into their own rooms. Even the lullaby trust recommend they sleep in with parents till at least 6 months and in the same room till that age for daytime naps too.

You don't need to constantly hug your child or share the same bed to be a Co sleeper...

Reactions: 2
I wonder what the reaction would be if Pea was in a different class. If a single mother receiving welfare put her child to bed in tomorrow’s clothes, let her pour flour over the floor, let her get up at midnight and play until 4am.
I’m sure it would then be seen as lazy parenting/ neglectful parenting by her followers.
I think she is utterly lazy, it’s easy to let your child do what they want. It’s harder to parent them and create consistent consequences- both good and bad.

Reactions: 17
The other person said baby so I took that to mean under 1. Babies definitely shouldn't be away from their parents, they need it for emotional development. Babies don't hate cuddles, they positively thrive off them. Then you've got the likes of Lydia bright who was putting baby to sleep in a seperate room dhrjg the day from birth so she could work and then in a cot that rocks her back to sleep so she didn't have to wake up during the night.

But it's very much true to say most children are happy to sleep with a parent and there's nothing wrong with it but we are conditioned to get them out and into their own rooms. Even the lullaby trust recommend they sleep in with parents till at least 6 months and in the same room till that age for daytime naps too.

You don't need to constantly hug your child or share the same bed to be a Co sleeper...
You may not have had a baby who wasn’t keen on cuddles or being held to sleep but I definitely have. At less than 6 months she naturally slept better in her own space and without being held or rocked. Just the way she was, nothing I did or encouraged (I would have loved more cuddles!) All babies are different and we can’t speak for everyone based on our own experiences 😀 (she’s now a very confident and well adjusted 5 year old who loves a cuddle btw!)

Reactions: 6
You may not have had a baby who wasn’t keen on cuddles or being held to sleep but I definitely have. At less than 6 months she naturally slept better in her own space and without being held or rocked. Just the way she was, nothing I did or encouraged (I would have loved more cuddles!) All babies are different and we can’t speak for everyone based on our own experiences 😀 (she’s now a very confident and well adjusted 5 year old who loves a cuddle btw!)
My daughter was dissimilar to this too. She was and is loving but when it came to nap and sleeps even now 4 years on she likes her own space. She will sleepover at a friends house but hates topping and tailing with my friends daughters because she doesn't like sharing the bed. It definitely isn't for everyone.

Reactions: 1
Ffs here we go again another educational ‘game’ just let her play with some Barbies Pea! Jeeeez let her be young and don’t use every bloody toy as a chance to shove learning down her throat!

Reactions: 4
Sad seeing her wedding photos today. In 4 short years she's changed so much from being this cool, interesting, open minded, empathetic and likeable woman into a really dislikeable patronising, self righteous frumpy bore.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She’s posted that she is out with Dean, child free! Has she realised now the second baby is in the way, that parents do need time away from their kids and stopped acting like such a bleeping martyr for always being with Raven!

She’s posted that she is out with Dean, child free! Has she realised now the second baby is in the way, that parents do need time away from their kids and stopped acting like such a bleeping martyr for always being with Raven!
Cue a nice sanctimonious post about how they had some alone time but she didn’t enjoy it, because hey, her entire life and universe is her child, and that’s ok, if you don’t want 5 minutes for a tit in peace and your happy with your kid having a look at the finished product - that’s ok! Let’s normalise denying ourselves any personal space and push out the western idea of having a string of sanity left because you can go to Tesco for half an hour without someone asking you for a bleeping kinder egg.

😊😊

Reactions: 8
Off course she was back in time to put Raven to bed because she can’t risk Raven realising she doesn’t need her moms sausage nips to fall asleep 🤢 in 3 years has she ever missed bedtime?!

Reactions: 4
Off course she was back in time to put Raven to bed because she can’t risk Raven realising she doesn’t need her moms sausage nips to fall asleep 🤢 in 3 years has she ever missed bedtime?!
I bet she clock watched every second they were out to make sure they were back. I bet it wasn't the nice relaxing date night Dean probably had planned.

Reactions: 5
How on earth can you FORGET when it's so obvious?! 😐 Mortifying. Bet she smells.
So Nicola wants to go out but Raven doesn't want to so they're not? Who's the adult here?
Look to the future a bit. She has an appointment for baby Tornado Giraffe to have their jabs. Raven doesn't want to go out that day. How is she planning to handle that?

This child needs to be taught that sometimes we all have to do things we don't like.

Reactions: 7
Oh let's now listen to Raven counting to ten but she isn't actually counting the objects just reciting numbers. Sooooo boring. I do feel sorry for the poor little girl no way will Nicola be able to keep up this when the next one is born
It is truly mind numbing isn’t it. I upload videos if my kids are doing something funny but even I, as their mum, understand watching them stack Tupperware would be unbelievably boring.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh let's now listen to Raven counting to ten but she isn't actually counting the objects just reciting numbers. Sooooo boring. I do feel sorry for the poor little girl no way will Nicola be able to keep up this when the next one is born
My daughter could do this at a year and a half. What’s her point?

Reactions: 2
Look to the future a bit. She has an appointment for baby Tornado Giraffe to have their jabs. Raven doesn't want to go out that day. How is she planning to handle that?

This child needs to be taught that sometimes we all have to do things we don't like.
She will probably stick her tit in Ravens mouth and persuade her that way, she seems to do it for everything else - Raven won’t get into her car seat, I know will boob her into compliance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.