One Day of Winter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found it hateful. She was so pleased that he'd 'failed'. She'll rue this when a newborn arrives and Raven won't let Dean do anything for her.
What an actual witch, this story made me so angry! She doesn’t want Dean to have a close relationship with his own daughter - that’s what this boils down too, she really needs to seek some kind of therapy as I think this must stem from her loss, but hoping that your own daughter doesn’t settle when your husband does bedtime is so bloody selfish and petty, I feel sorry for Dean, he must feel so excluded when it comes to that little girl, because she’s formed such an unhealthy attachment to Raven, that she’s jealous of Raven asking Dean to take her to bed! Just pathetic!!

Reactions: 7
Is Dean basically a sperm donor to her?! It doesn’t seem like he gets a look in parenting wise unless it’s for a quick play

Reactions: 2
I can’t believe she is boasting that she still nurses R to sleep every night. That’s not something to boast about. 3 year olds are children not babies. They should be able to self settle in bed.

Reactions: 4
She replied to someone saying Raven was downstairs colouring at 9PM. To me that's far too late for a kid to still be up the night before they start nursery.

If Raven doesn't want to leave the house on time this morning, what does she plan to do? Our nursery had quite strict drop off times, and I assume due to Covid they'll be even stricter. Is she going to make her go, or are we going to have a week of "tomorrow we'll try again" while she let's Raven decide when she wants to go?

Reactions: 5
We all parent differently I suppose. I do believe in letting kids be kids, I do believe in sometimes surrendering what is right and what is logical to let them lead the way with fun. I also believe in teaching them real life skills! If I don’t want to go to work or to the supermarket or to the doctors for a smear then that all has real life consequences for me. Sometimes I really don’t want to do them but I sacrifice my happiness and comfort because I have to. I can really see Raven not going to nursery half the time just because she doesn’t want to. That’s not real life.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It doesn't seem to have occurred to her that when she has her next baby she may have to be away from Raven overnight. Who's going to put her to bed then? What if she ends up with a section and is away for multiple nights? Is Raven just not going to go to bed?

I also wonder what her plan is if Raven doesn't take to the new baby and there's some jealousy. How will the sleeping arrangements work then? What if her and Dean are asleep and Raven doesn't take kindly to the baby invading her space? Is she going to insist Raven stays in the "family sleep space" even if the baby is disturbing her sleep too?

Reactions: 3
When I had my second my husband had to do the bedtime with my first. He pretty much did everything for the first while I established bfing with second baby. The change in routine made first one behaviour quite challenging, even with our normal balanced healthy relationship. God knows what raven is going to be like when baby arrives.

When I had my second my husband had to do the bedtime with my first. He pretty much did everything for the first while I established bfing with second baby. The change in routine made first one behaviour quite challenging, even with our normal balanced healthy relationship. God knows what raven is going to be like when baby arrives.
Same here. One of us has to do one bedtime and the other, the other. Depends on who the younger one has decided they’ll settle with that night and poor firstborn gets whoever is leftover. First’s behaviour has also been hard work since I as heavily pregnant and then the baby was born. He has been very jealous & unfortunately I can’t be in two places at once, sometimes I HAVE to say no cause I need to feed the baby or I need to convince the baby to nap. Sometimes I have to leave the baby cry for a bit because my first NEEDS lunch. Or the baby has to wait because I have to take my first to school. I think she is going to really struggle with two.

I also wonder what her plan is if Raven doesn't take to the new baby and there's some jealousy.
She won’t take to the new baby and there will be jealousy. It’s totally normal, but for a child as coddled as Raven, it’s probably going to be volcanic. Fingers crossed she doesn’t drink all the colostrum, leaving nothing for the little one 😳

Reactions: 1
What the actual duck is that creation in that pan?

I feel like that was shown for our benefit.

Reactions: 3
She'll soon learn not to Send her in brand new pale clothes.
Especially as it doesn't look like she regularly washes their clothes.
Can't imagine her putting the post nursery sweater that looks like it's lost a paintball tournament in for a soak

Raven is such a gorgeous little girl.

I’m so pleased she really enjoyed her first day.

Not loving all the passive aggressive preachy comments on the post suggesting a breastfed baby is more likely to be confident and well adjusted child though 😳🤫

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
She'll soon learn not to Send her in brand new pale clothes.
Especially as it doesn't look like she regularly washes their clothes.
Can't imagine her putting the post nursery sweater that looks like it's lost a paintball tournament in for a soak
She'd probably purposely not wash it to keep a record of Raven "making memories" at nursery.

"This splodge was from the day she did handprints, and this crusty snot trail is from her first nursery acquired cold."

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.