One Day Of Winter #4 Reading this thread ‘isn’t her jam’, meanwhile R's got the baby in a choke slam.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she's using YouTube videos to occupy Ember while putting Raven to bed? I have no issue with screen time, it can be very useful, but this set up doesn't sit well with me.

I can't work her out. Is she purposely ignoring the idea of teaching Raven that waking Ember up is unacceptable because she can't possibly discipline the golden child? Or is she genuinely that stupid that she can't see that Ember is not the problem in this situation?

As we all keep saying, this is yet another problem that could have been reduced, or even avoided altogether, if she'd taken some time to prepare Raven for the changes that a sibling would bring.

Reactions: 14
I don't understand why she's making such a big deal about everything. She's had two children and now has to parent them both. It's something billions of people all over the world do, every day. I don't see anyone else making such a huge deal out of every, little thing, like she's doing something New and Different that no one has ever done before.

She needs to get a massive grip of herself. She's not special and neither are her children. They are just a normal family. All the moaning is ridiculous. You CHOSE to have two children. Get on with it.

Can you actually imagine women in other countries pissing and moaning about things like Nicola does? Strong women who deal with their choices. Who just bring their children up without the constant need for social media attention and all the waffle and "me, me, me"... It's quite concerning how important she thinks she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don't even know where to begin with this one....
Could you imagine when R was a baby of someone dared say your baby is squawking? She'd be all over insta saying she's not squawking she's just communicating a need followed by a load of crunchy nonsense 🙄
Holy tit, sounds like a living nightmare! When will she realise R needs her own bed room and bed! Then she can read a story and R can go to her bed and self settle to sleep seeing as shes coming up to 4 years old!! I struggle to sympathise its all self inflicted.

Reactions: 9
God she is really pissing me off! Poor Ember, yet again an afterthought. She’s a disgrace of a mother 😡

Reactions: 5
That post 🤦‍♀️

This newborn (11 weeks is not newborn), this baby has the temerity to squawk and ruin our “enjoyable [...] special bedtime time”.

P.S. Please no one tell me to leave Raven to fall asleep without my nipple in her mouth.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
She will have 100000 pieces of advice given to her, and listen to none. I don’t know why she bothers asking - she doesn’t want an answer other than “let Raven do what she wants and try and make Ember silent to please Raven”
As I’ve said before, her family and friends are fed up of her because she will not take advice on board at all. She will not “upset” Raven so that’s that.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I just don't understand how she can think it's OK to go from laying with Raven and feeding her to sleep, laying 'cheek to cheek', cuddled up all night etc etc. To putting Ember in the moses basket and trying to hide her from Raven as she sleeps. It goes against all she's ever said and done with Raven.

The biggest issue she has is that she thought another baby would just slot into her and Ravens little bubble perfectly and quietly and not 'disrupt their connection'. Which was never going to happen and nor should it. If she can't and won't be prepared to put Embers needs as a baby over Ravens she should've never had another. Why should Ember have to play second fiddle literally from birth?

• Sad
Reactions: 14
She’s also homeschooling R from September 4 days a week. She best get making Ember a Harry Potter type cupboard for under the stairs so she doesn’t disturb Raven’s education as well as her sleep and play time 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I have a 5 week old with colic who does not sleep but Id gladly have Ember off her to show the poor little girl a cuddle or affection. Feel so bad for her when I'm cuddling my little boy reading her posts about THE BABY or THE NEWBORN

Reactions: 6
Poor ember being woken up and then blamed for bad bedtimes!!
This is what I don’t understand?! Why is Raven waking Ember in the first place?! ‘its like she can’t help herself.’

Hmm how about it’s like you’re her mother and YOU need to set boundaries for your child.

I can’t wrap my head around that post. I have a similar age gap between my kids and yeah when they were that age doing bedtime alone was a challenge but to heap blame on to one kid for disrupting things just seems so unfair.

Reactions: 11
Oh she is insufferable. I literally want to bang her head with her own sausage nipples! Honestly what an absolute idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Holy tit, sounds like a living nightmare! When will she realise R needs her own bed room and bed! Then she can read a story and R can go to her bed and self settle to sleep seeing as shes coming up to 4 years old!! I struggle to sympathise its all self inflicted.
Its like she has switched roles in her head, that its Raven that is the baby and Ember is the 3 year old that keeps trying to wake the newborn.

I mean, hiding your 11 week old in a carry cot in the bedroom while you feed and hold your nearly 4 year old to sleep....

She's lost the plot!!

This is what I don’t understand?! Why is Raven waking Ember in the first place?! ‘its like she can’t help herself.’

Hmm how about it’s like you’re her mother and YOU need to set boundaries for your child.

I can’t wrap my head around that post. I have a similar age gap between my kids and yeah when they were that age doing bedtime alone was a challenge but to heap blame on to one kid for disrupting things just seems so unfair.
Especially when it's like shes blaming Ember whose 11 weeks old, for it all, rather than pulling up Raven on her bratty behaviour

Reactions: 11
Surely things are only going to get worse with the homeschool. Ember will be older and Will need more interaction not just shoved in the sling. And she actually seems to need the days Raven is at nursery, not that she'd ever admit it. Seems odd to put her into nursery more now and then withdraw her. We were lucky that we didn't have to use child care when ours were little so we gradually built it up more and more before they started school. Can't see why you'd put them in more and then pull them out again. Also I'm sure there are other homeschool people around but it'll be harder to go on playdates as Ravens friends will be at school! Feel so sorry for Ember, she's going to be even more ignored. I have a 2 4 and 5 month old and my eldest two have been brilliant with the baby. Not saying I'm gods gift to.parenting, I think it's normal. It's not normal for a 4 year old to go and wake a baby repeatedly. That's quite cruel.

Reactions: 13
Im guessing they can only afford to have R in private school part time, hence the one day a week? Madness.

Reactions: 4
A few of the comments from that post say to let R settle herself to sleep. God forbid 😂😂😂😂
Would be interested to see if she replies to them

She’s also homeschooling R from September 4 days a week. She best get making Ember a Harry Potter type cupboard for under the stairs so she doesn’t disturb Raven’s education as well as her sleep and play time 🤦🏻‍♀️
Absolute joke how she thinks that’s all going to work out if she can’t even organise bedtime 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
It is all Nicola. Solution is so easy. Move raven into her own room, can be a double bed. Put ember to bed first, raven can watch TV/iPad downstairs. Then put Raven to bed when she's ready in her own room. When raven wakes up Nicola can settle her if she won't accept dean and then Dean can sleep in with raven if needed. She is clinging onto the sleep space even though it doesn't work with 2 kids who will wake each other up.

Your welcome Nicola if you read on here. This is a gentle solution where all children's needs are met and you get 1:1 time with raven for bedtime.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It is all Nicola. Solution is so easy. Move raven into her own room, can be a double bed. Put ember to bed first, raven can watch TV/iPad downstairs. Then put Raven to bed when she's ready in her own room. When raven wakes up Nicola can settle her if she won't accept dean and then Dean can sleep in with raven if needed. She is clinging onto the sleep space even though it doesn't work with 2 kids who will wake each other up.

Your welcome Nicola if you read on here. This is a gentle solution where all children's needs are met and you get 1:1 time with raven for bedtime.
My first thought was what an absolute mountain out of molehill. So much faf over nothing. Then I thought, what is a simple solution to most parents who have fully prepped there child for a sibling, took the 9 months of pregnancy to make changes to make parenting life easier with two, is not going to be such a simple solution for a parent who hasn't done any of that and have left them self with a child who isn't well adjusted.
The kid should have her own bedroom all set up and should of done from early doors in Nicolas pregnancy to atleast start introducing the possibility to R. She says R is absolutely not ready to sleep on her own, how we would she know if she has never actually tried or even opened up opportunities for R to explore the possibility.
If I was part of Nicolas family I'd find her so incredibly exhausting.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.