One Day Of Winter #4 Reading this thread ‘isn’t her jam’, meanwhile R's got the baby in a choke slam.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Struggled to follow so many instructions."

Translates as

"I've not given her any routine in life, therefore she doesn't like doing as she's told because she thinks the world revolves around her, because at home she is always allowed to do as she pleases."

Also, how has she been allowed to go into another class for phonics? Aren't schools supposed to be keeping kids within their own bubbles?

Reactions: 15

Translates as

"I've not given her any routine in life, therefore she doesn't like doing as she's told because she thinks the world revolves around her, because at home she is always allowed to do as she pleases."

Also, how has she been allowed to go into another class for phonics? Aren't schools supposed to be keeping kids within their own bubbles?
she probably means “sitting in a circle practicing phonics like all the other pre school kids in the place” but doesn’t sound as genius as “going into another” class does it 🥴

Reactions: 10

Translates as

We had class 1 and class 2 phonics groups but it was literally all the kids in the nursery class split into two groups as there was too many children to teach in one go.

1 and 2 didn't mean anything, other than class 1 went first, class 2 went second 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The never calling Ember by her name thing is driving me mad. Also to call her ‘a newborn’ isn’t even correct - she’s what 10/11 weeks old now? For Raven that would have documented down to the second of how old she was, but Ember is still a newborn?

I think if Nicola sought help for her mental health issues, this favouritism could be stopped, it seems like a manifestation of her grief I think. I just always assumed she’d be as obsessed with every child she had as she is Raven so her behaviour has come as a shock to me!

Reactions: 16
The never calling Ember by her name thing is driving me mad. Also to call her ‘a newborn’ isn’t even correct - she’s what 10/11 weeks old now? For Raven that would have documented down to the second of how old she was, but Ember is still a newborn?

I think if Nicola sought help for her mental health issues, this favouritism could be stopped, it seems like a manifestation of her grief I think. I just always assumed she’d be as obsessed with every child she had as she is Raven so her behaviour has come as a shock to me!
This is exactly what I've been thinking. Looking back when Raven was born there were so many posts just about random things and how in love they were with her and how wonderful she is etc. There's been no big gushy posts about Ember. No long paragraphs about her. Just the odd couple of sentences and even then like you said, she's never called by her name.

It's almost like she doesn't want to get attached to her. I thought it may be grief, but honestly I think it's resentment in the fact Ember has 'taken away' her life that was just her and Raven. It's very hard to watch.

Reactions: 9
Just putting it out there. I feel like she can’t bond with Ember because she’s the image of Winter. She feels guilty about being around her because Winter isn’t around. She feels that she couldn’t keep him safe or alive, so she smothers Raven and Ember is his double.

• Sad
Another photo of Ember with the caption all about Raven 😳 it’s becoming bizarre now.
The 'getting my evening dose of oxytocin' from cuddling Raven to sleep, what about Ember?! Surely she will need feeding and cuddling to sleep too? Aren't her cuddles good enough to make N feel happy? That poor little girl 💔

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
The 'getting my evening dose of oxytocin' from cuddling Raven to sleep, what about Ember?! Surely she will need feeding and cuddling to sleep too? Aren't her cuddles good enough to make N feel happy? That poor little girl 💔
Let's hope this is progress... And she's cuddled her to sleep for the first time rather than offered her breast x

Reactions: 2
Hiding the moses basket in the room with Ember in so Raven doesn't wake her?! What about Embers need to be cuddled to sleep and feel safe in the sleep space like Raven did? (In Nicolas mind). Does that all not matter now? God forbid Raven be upset, you know the child that is 3.5 years old not 11 weeks old.
Tell her to not wake her sister and go to sleep nicely.
I mean there's gentle parenting and there's plain stupidity.

Reactions: 18
Thing is if she was to step up and say I've had to change my views and practices on somethings because I realised how incredibly privileged I am and how much easier it is to parent that way with only 1 child. It's the fact she stands by everything she did with R as the best possible type of parenting but doesn't afford E the same treatment.

A few of the comments from that post say to let R settle herself to sleep. God forbid 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
A few of the comments from that post say to let R settle herself to sleep. God forbid 😂😂😂😂
I like it when people suggest different items to her because she was so adamant she could conquer the world with just her nips, now she's releasing that some of these item could actually be really handy, especially when parenting 2.

Reactions: 6
I like it when people suggest different items to her because she was so adamant she could conquer the world with just her nips, now she's releasing that some of these item could actually be really handy, especially when parenting 2.
Me too. I’m intrigued if she’ll reply to them or just blank those suggestions 😂

Reactions: 2
I also fully appreciated the comment that said there is no solution beyond R having to learn to accept E 😂
And if course someone god forbid suggesting R settle herself after a feed and a story 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’ve noticed she gets hardly any likes/engagement on her Facebook posts in comparison to her Instagram. I wonder what her friends and family thing of the ‘gentle parenting...

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.