Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hollyxx

I used to love taking mine out on a sling, loads easier browsing in shops with a sleepy sling baby and no pushchair. Getting on public transport with a baby in a sling is a dream versus a pushchair. However my fave bit about coming back from a walk out in a sling was when you take your baby out and they are all warm and snug and you give them big cuddles. Other than the day after injections when my baby wouldn’t let me put her down and I needed to Hoover/do washing etc. I never baby wore in the house as there is no need 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Whatajoker

I would punch her straight in the face if I was loosing the will to live with kid and then she came up to me with paper for a book. Fuck right off.

• Haha

Hollyxx

Im so tired and been up since 4am.... continues to teach 3 year old gcse work 😂🤦🏻‍♀️. I can guarantee most people watch her stories and think the same... just chill pea, relax, you don’t need to show everyone your child doing school work and water play etc.

• Haha

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
I feel really uncomfortable about her latest post and feel tempted to comment.
It’s not just about Raven and how raven is settling and how Raven is feeding and her guilt being stuck under a sleeping baby. It’s not just a sleeping baby, it’s her newest daughter who deserves (and not to mention needs!) the bulk of her attention. Ember is finally named down in paragraph 4 or something.

• Sad
  • Heart

TheLastLolo

VIP Member
This picture told me everything. Body language-wise, it's all about Raven. She's holding Ember because she has to. She's holding Raven because she wants to. She's turned to Raven, they're as close as can be. Ember is literally out in the cold, being fed because without it, she'd starve. Raven is protected and being 'fed' to comfort, to keep a connection. It's disgusting.

Attachments

• Sad

EyesOpened123

Do you think she thinks all toddlers hit? Her remark in the Facebook post ‘understandably hitting’ is so odd. A child of almost 4 hitting their parent or sibling is not normal or understandable. Like others have said, she had plenty of opportunity to be gentle by preparing R for the changes months ago. What she’s doing now is the exact opposite of gentle.

rachelpixiedust

I forgot to add, I stopped breastfeeding when my next baby was born. My 1st was 5 when his sister was born - we stopped breastfeeding when I was pregnant and my milk dried up and I just couldn't take it. My 2nd stopped breastfeeding a year ago aged 3.5 when my son was born. I just couldn't juggle the tandem feeding and co sleeping. So we got her a bed and lovely princess bedding when I was pregnant and progressively she spent more time in there until she was going to bed in there and sleeping through the night when I'd just had the baby. She was 3.5 at the time so she understood when I told her that I loved her very much but the new baby needed mummy's milk more because it couldn't have proper food like she did and relied on mummy's milk all the time. She's not fed in a year but we still have a lots of cuddles.
I'm a big breastfeeding advocate and extended breastfeeding advocate but I do think you need to step back and re evaluate when it's affecting you, your children etc.

I know them...well used to. Dean is honestly such a nice guy - he’s a bit shy. I never really clicked with Pea (knew Dean first).

When they lost Winter I reached out to her and understandably she was devastated. We then lost our baby and I reached out to her again in hope of being able to talk to someone who could relate and offer similar tones of sympathy.

I asked her if she’d like to get together but just got a load of coping mechanism tosh, a feeling that her loss was greater than mine and how I SHOULD be feeling and how connecting on Instagram would help me (I’m just not this kind of person).

I did carry on following her for a little while but then unfollowed her because of the gentle parenting shite (I’m gentle with boundaries) and the constant baby loss triggers. Having lost my own baby, I would put a trigger warning on if I was to ever share photos just because of the emotional wave that I know I get when I come across anything baby loss related. But I feel the photographs are personal to me & my family and they don’t depict that my baby has passed in them but I think baby loss captioning can be just as triggering...

Have been lurking/pondering about posting for a while with knowing them so will just be careful what I say 😬

Although saying that Dean is a nice guy doesn’t make up for the fact he’s notably absent from pretty much everything

Last edited:
  • Heart

BeckBeck

She’s clearly just covering the baby from the snow for probably a minute - you don’t have to read into everything she does

also I’m no fan at all of all the feed pictures etc but I always thought the rules or guideline were leave the kids out of it - some of the comments about Raven have been a bit extreme today
Joined just to post this? Hmmmmm.

Also, you can’t moderate the thread. If you have a concern about a specific post report it to admin to take a look.

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
I’m so sorry for all the forever babies mentioned on this thread; they all matter and it’s important to share memories and make sure they’re remembered by others.

I learned of Pea’s account through a friend IRL and with my first baby being stillborn at term I initially found her page empathetic and was glad someone was talking about baby loss on that platform.

I messaged her about something and got a really off response, almost like ‘well I happen to find that...etc etc’ with no acknowledgement of my baby or experience. It was around when her book was published and got the sense that she felt her loss took precedence because of that.

From being involved in a baby loss charity in real life, one of the main things is learning that everyone’s experience is individual and therefore each response to personal grief is right in the circumstance. It’s about finding common ground with other families who know what you’re going through.

I know she has no obligation to be a counsellor or even befriender - and that type of role is definitely not for everyone nor appropriate when grief is so fresh - but it feels to me she chose to make baby loss a focus of her account but didn’t consider that people would actually reach out with their own experiences, or have the self awareness to think how others might feel by her lack of empathy.

Yet another example of instagrammers purporting to be something when they don’t have the knowledge or level of skill needed to be properly credible.

• Heart

ceecee454

Chatty Member
these thread suggestions are still killing me excellent work everyone
😫🤣
suggestion: nips out both kids having a munchy all to prove pea is #1 crunchy

• Haha

TheLastLolo

VIP Member
I will catch up on all the other posts soon but for now, all I can say is
Raven isn't heartbroken, she's a spoilt little twat.

I foresee her stopping breastfeeding both just so raven doesn't get jealous.

• Haha

TheLastLolo

VIP Member
It’s just mad to me that Raven gets a grid post and yet another gushing essay - and ember hasn’t had a single one since she was born?

‘I miss her, I miss us’ she is literally inches away from you 24 hours of the day, how can you miss her? You haven’t been torn apart by something terrible you’ve had another beautiful baby - celebrate her, don’t resent her because she’s keeping you away from Raven.
She posted someone else's poem. She hasn't bothered with her own words for Ember. She's tasked her with 'healing their grief' and being 'a gift to Raven'. That poor girl is on her way to therapy at barely a month old.

Mrspowell

VIP Member
I think people who label their parenting are so damaging. Just be you. I follow a lot of attachment parenting but I also throw in some dodgy 90s style parenting and some total Winging it. It works for us. I think trying to keep yourself inside a parenting box is impossible and is doing way more harm than good

Sven

VIP Member
I used to follow someone who called her eldest her ‘soulmate’ and would say how the eldest (still very young!!) girl would look after her siblings because she was ‘sent to help her’.
I thought it was sickening, actually, and I’m getting the same sort of vibes from Pea - your newborn was not *sent as a gift* for your eldest child. That poor baby.

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
My 3 year old bit and hit me and his sister when she was born (I did closely monitor and supervise, moved baby and kept her as safe as I could) this passed after a while. I am fairly gentle and made it very clear hitting and biting is wrong, stopped him physically, said no and have clear boundaries around behaviour (i think!) None of this stopped him as he was working through his feelings and frustrations about the changes. I do think hitting and biting are normal for SOME children and doesn't mean you are a terrible parent if you kid does this.
No it doesn't at all but then most responsible parents would deal with it wouldn't they? Even when Raven bit and hit at nursery, she found an excuse as to why she did it and then grumbled that the nursery didn't deal with it gently enough as Raven was upset at being told she shouldn't do it and I'm sure she was either going to complain or was questioning whether it was the right nursery as they won't follow her method for dealing with Raven.

Let's face it, her method is an absolute shit show, imagine picking your child up from nursery who has been bit by another and the child hasn't been dealt with because we can't tell the child no?!

I did feel sorry for her at one point, but she's so selfish and self absorbed and no one who knows her seems to speak well of her.

She takes every opportunity to Lord it over others and even turns baby loss into a competition (not really a competition as no ones loss will be as bad as hers)

She posts at the breaking point type stories on insta and over on her shit parenting page and literally turns down every single piece of advice and responds with a sneery "maybe"

She cant see the damage she is doing and never will

• Heart