Olivia Neill #16 Body checks, wealth flex, who will be her best friend next?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see what you mean. But times are changing, and neurodivergency is taken more seriously. A surge in diagnosis is inevitable. There's also been a surge in the diagnosis of depression and anxiety. That doesn't mean more people are experiencing these issues, it just means less people used to be diagnosed.

My boyfriend went through the process of getting diagnosed with ADHD. Even if you go private, it's a really really strict, long, very highly regulated process. Especially for adults (essentially because less "legit" people can vouch for your everyday behaviour, unlike children who often get referred by teachers). Medication is even more harshly regulated, because people sell it.

Is Olivia gonna use it for clout? Yeah probably. Does it mean she doesn't have "real" adhd? Probably not x

IMG_5444.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Great, can’t wait for even more people to now be influence by her and start acting as if they have adhd because they think it’s cute and quirky. I’m diagnosed and I do see it in Olivia but it has disgustingly become a trend now on TikTok especially and I’m absolutely sick to death of it, my diagnosis is not taken seriously anymore whatsoever

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think it's clear what your point was and idk why people are doubling down on you. Almost putting words in your mouth.

If the shoe fits it fits, if it doesn't, clearly that's not what you were talking about. Seems you can't say anything about adhd and the surge in diagnosis (both real and not) and how SOME people exploit it
So true

like I have said it is just a bit frustrating that a genuine neurodevelopmental disorder has been reduced to a hashtag and a reel about how not picking up a sock is a symptom/sign of ADHD. It’s crazy to me that you are seemingly not “allowed” to talk about the surge in diagnosis or at all question whether in some people’s minds that the overpopulation of TikTok armchair diagnosis videos are actually causing people to make seemingly normal things into a diagnosis. (Not sure how well I worded that but you get the jist)

also just wanted to add that in no way am I attacking anyone who responded to my posts, I did read them and there were some valid points in there.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Did anyone listen to the podcast this week? She sounds sooo ridiculous speaking about cheating and how a guy could be forgiven but a girl couldn’t

So true

like I have said it is just a bit frustrating that a genuine neurodevelopmental disorder has been reduced to a hashtag and a reel about how not picking up a sock is a symptom/sign of ADHD. It’s crazy to me that you are seemingly not “allowed” to talk about the surge in diagnosis or at all question whether in some people’s minds that the overpopulation of TikTok armchair diagnosis videos are actually causing people to make seemingly normal things into a diagnosis. (Not sure how well I worded that but you get the jist)

also just wanted to add that in no way am I attacking anyone who responded to my posts, I did read them and there were some valid points in there.
i don’t think there’s anything wrong with discussing the surge in diagnoses i just think it’s important to be mindful that you don’t discredit those who have been part of that ‘surge’, things like social media have played a big role in people realising they could have these conditions when they might not have had that awareness before, but people with basic common sense know that ADHD is more than just not picking up a sock, the diagnostic process is so thorough that no one is getting diagnosed just for that reason

Reactions: 6
I think its brilliant that more women are realising that they might have ADHD and are able to get the help for it. Also we don't know if her diagnosis was private or not, but I do think it is important to not invalidate someones diagnosis of something that has a large affect on someones day to day life. I think it is important for people to be mindful of a topic that is very personal to people and not weaponise it against someone. As someone who received a NHS ADHD diagnosis after years of waiting I think if people can afford to get it done privately then that frees up NHS spaces for those who can't afford to pay. I completely understand peoples frustration of individuals not diagnosed seeing it as a quirky personality trait, but I also think if people are going to turn it against her then you're also part of the problem. I understand she's posted about it publicly but I also think its important in general that people are mindful that neurodiversity is a sensitive topic.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
There are private clinics and private clinics though aren't there. Not everyone seeking a private ADHD assessment will be assessed with the same rigour and robustness so it is likely that some individuals seeking private assessment may well be misdiagnosed. Misdiagnoses happen in NHS assessments too all the time, but they don't profit from it.

Not sure if anyone remembers this news story from last year https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-65534448 about some private clinics offering a very short online assessment to then provide an ADHD diagnosis. Note one of the clinics is called Harley Psychiatrists located in Olivia's fav place to get medical treatment, Harley St, London. And oh look, their assessment is only 45 mins and costs nearly £700 a pop. And they look cheap compared to other providers...

You can understand why private providers are filling a massive gap the NHS can't fill, the NHS waiting list is extremely long for an assessment and private clinics will be able to offer a quick turn around for a diagnosis and for some people that will be life changing. For some people though, they may receive a diagnosis that they don't realise actually doesn't apply to them where perhaps a different diagnosis would, which can be really harmful. And for a fraction of people with the funds to spare, they'll be able to answer in a way that allows them to be diagnosed with ADHD and receive a prescription.

Reactions: 5
Please stop talking about ADHD it’s painfully boring and no one wants a medical opinion on tattle. And I have it before you say anything

what was the crazy cheating situation she was referencing on the pod?!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
All boob jobs look botched. I’ve never seen anyone with a boob job that looks natural

Reactions: 11
When she feel tired she going to just get a iron infusion like I never say anything bad about anyone but she seriously needs a good slap… some people have to get iron infusion for health reasons and this spoilt brat just gets one for being tired.. get a healthy routine and you might not be so tired…

Every time I see a video of her she is always talking about a man/men. Her whole life revolves around guys it seems like it’s all she thinks about and can’t survive without attention and validation from a man. It’s really sad that she is this obsessed with men she clearly has a lot of issues and insecurities and using a man/men to make you feel better or distract you from what’s actually wrong is never a good idea because it’s not healthy to depend on someone to fulfil you like that but also when a guy and her stop talking or when she’s in a relationship and it ends she goes straight back to feeling more insecure and the cycle never ends. I’m not sure if she’s been dating anyone recently or not I don’t keep up with her all the time but I think it would be good for her to stay single for at least 2 years and work on herself and learn to be happy by herself and revolving her whole life around men.

Reactions: 15