Olivia Neill #16 Body checks, wealth flex, who will be her best friend next?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The comments on the inner monologue tik tok page are getting progressively worse.. on the one she posted about being happy being single, people are saying she’s a narcissist, needs a reality check, and let’s “boys” rule her existence. Seems that people are finally seeing through her
She’s definitely not a narcissist

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It’s funny to imagine if she had stayed in Ireland when she bought the house what would’ve happened. She could’ve went down the emma chamberlain route of being a youtuber (a better one) then a socialite but she’s just went straight to socialite without any proper grounding to fall back on as her YouTube has fallen off. I also give it 2 years max with these influencers everyone is so sick of them and their laziness! Especially if you don’t contribute anything else other than a 10 second tik tok of you parading about

Also I listened to her podcast the other week in the car and had to turn it off I could feel my brain rotting. It’s all about boys and generic things we all do that doesn’t need 20 minute airtime.
I can't wait for the cultural shift on influencers to hit

Reactions: 15
Not Zack Bia 💀 Social climber final boss
Heavens
---
I can't wait for the cultural shift on influencers to hit
yeah me too , its kinda already started w people realising they r facilitating these peoples extravagant lifestyles while receiving the bare minimum in return. Pre 2020 influencers would put decent effort into content ( collabs & interesting content ) but now its literally just watch me spend money and look hot .
So over it

Reactions: 10
Here we go… another influencer buying an adhd diagnosis to be ✨ quirky ✨
I’m not an expert but people have suspected she has it since she started YouTube while still in school so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a genuine diagnosis. There are a lot of women who are discovering they have it in adulthood because nobody knew what the signs were when they were little because of stereotypes of only screaming, violent little boys being able to have ADHD. Not everyone needs meds though. I’m sure the appetite suppressing side effect will appeal to her though…

Reactions: 12
Great another thing to blame her toxic behaviour on🙄

"I hop friend groups because of my ADHD"
"I got filler / Botox to help with ADHD"
" I have a new boy I'm chasing every week because of my ADHD"
"Another rich man invited me on his yacht because he thought my ADHD was cute"
"I go on holiday 20x a year & don't vlog any of it because of my ADHD" 😂

She'll be saying in every Podcast how everything she does is because of it...wonder if she'll go on the meds as it suppresses your appetite, I'm sure she'd love that 🫢🙃

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I’m not an expert but people have suspected she has it since she started YouTube while still in school so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a genuine diagnosis. There are a lot of women who are discovering they have it in adulthood because nobody knew what the signs were when they were little because of stereotypes of only screaming, violent little boys being able to have ADHD. Not everyone needs meds though. I’m sure the appetite suppressing side effect will appeal to her though…
True, but when I have now seen probably 50+ influencers all come out with the “life changing” ADHD diagnosis and use it in every clip, reel and caption it does make you a bit tired of hearing it from them, especially when they don’t have the 5 year NHS waitlist and simply ✨ buy one✨.

isn’t adhd medication also an appetite suppressant? All the influencers I’ve seen get diagnosed drop a scary amount of weight

Reactions: 4
True, but when I have now seen probably 50+ influencers all come out with the “life changing” ADHD diagnosis and use it in every clip, reel and caption it does make you a bit tired of hearing it from them, especially when they don’t have the 5 year NHS waitlist and simply ✨ buy one✨.
Even privately you can’t ‘buy’ a diagnosis, not anymore really anyway. I know it used to be a massive problem but theres loads of regulations now surrounding it, even in the private sector. Also, your comment is very disrespectful to those who may be able to afford a private diagnosis. Loads of individuals basically bankrupt themselves to get private assessments due to the dire state of psychiatric/psychology services in the NHS and the long waiting list times. No diagnosis = no access to any help = immense amounts of suffering. It’s not simply buying it because they want to be labelled with it. It’s saving their life. Also, as someone who does autism/ADHD assessments, it doesn’t surprise me. She does display a lot of the signpost criteria for diagnosis.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I really sympathise with you as I have close friends who are on the waiting list and suffering and I work in a primary school so I know how stretched (and useless) services are. I do dispute the point about people who go private ‘buying a diagnosis’ as if you are lucky enough to be able to afford it and are struggling to function then it would be silly not to take advantage of that. I think it would be more interesting to look at the link between the ‘career’ of influencing and why it has appealed to so many with undiagnosed ADHD yet isn’t a compatible career path in the long term. And obviously we don’t actually know what these influencers have been told when they share their ADHD diagnosis. They might’ve been told the only have mild traits of it or that they desperately need meds lol.

Reactions: 7
Imagine posting a TikTok about a moisturiser that cost over £100 & getting sent PR containing 3 because of it....it's actually insane how easy it is for influencers to get free stuff even though they can afford to buy it themselves.

Half the time they don't even give a tit or even use what they receive because they have so much. It's only exciting when it's their current obsession of the week.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Why do companies even do this? How will sending Olivia the PR and her making this tiktok increase sales of this cream especially when the tiktok is filtered to hell? If I wanted to look the same I wouldn't spend hundreds on a cream I'd just take a video with skin smoothing turned up to 100 like she's done :rolleyes:

Reactions: 18
Even if Olivia can be irritating and naive, I think generally speaking you stray into really risky territory when you start disputing or discounting a medical diagnosis based on whether or not you like a person.

Reactions: 9
Why do companies even do this? How will sending Olivia the PR and her making this tiktok increase sales of this cream especially when the tiktok is filtered to hell? If I wanted to look the same I wouldn't spend hundreds on a cream I'd just take a video with skin smoothing turned up to 100 like she's done :rolleyes:
I get it's for exposure - if an influencer has half a million followers & raves about an item saving their skin that's alot of people they can influence to buy the product which then makes back the money the company lost from sending PR plus more.

I just don't get who in Olivia's following can actually afford this product / any of the items she gets these days (Chanel, YSL, MiuMiu) other than other influencers. Her demographic is 90% average teens/young adults not wealthy enough to have their entire skin care routine cost 1k.

Reactions: 4
I think it's clear what your point was and idk why people are doubling down on you. Almost putting words in your mouth.

If the shoe fits it fits, if it doesn't, clearly that's not what you were talking about. Seems you can't say anything about adhd and the surge in diagnosis (both real and not) and how SOME people exploit it

I think it's clear what your point was and idk why people are doubling down on you. Almost putting words in your mouth.

If the shoe fits it fits, if it doesn't, clearly that's not what you were talking about. Seems you can't say anything about adhd and the surge in diagnosis (both real and not) and how SOME people exploit it
I see what you mean. But times are changing, and neurodivergency is taken more seriously. A surge in diagnosis is inevitable. There's also been a surge in the diagnosis of depression and anxiety. That doesn't mean more people are experiencing these issues, it just means less people used to be diagnosed.

My boyfriend went through the process of getting diagnosed with ADHD. Even if you go private, it's a really really strict, long, very highly regulated process. Especially for adults (essentially because less "legit" people can vouch for your everyday behaviour, unlike children who often get referred by teachers). Medication is even more harshly regulated, because people sell it.

Is Olivia gonna use it for clout? Yeah probably. Does it mean she doesn't have "real" adhd? Probably not x

• Heart
Reactions: 11