Old School Reality TV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes it was.
It was so awful they stopped airing it after just four episodes in the US.
My favourite bit was when they’d be doing a random activity with “Harry” and then fake security would appear to take him on a helicopter for urgent business 🤣

Yeah that would never be aired now. I think there was lawsuits from the contestants on the show and she committed suicide a couple of years ago 😟
There's a really good podcast about something about miriam, gives a much darker side to it, I think its a bbc sounds one

Reactions: 4
There's a really good podcast about something about miriam, gives a much darker side to it, I think its a bbc sounds one
Was a wondery one I istened to. Feels like Wondery get all of their podcasts turned into drama's at the moment.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone remember The Swan? More 90s I think and I think only in the us, they basically found ugly people, gave them surgery and then had a beauty pageant.. unbelievable looking at it now

Reactions: 2
Playing it straight, one woman dates a bunch of guys, some straight some gay, she picks them off one by one, if at the end she chooses a straight guy they split the cash, if she chooses a gay guy he takes the lot

Also beauty and the beast...couples out together who have never met, the female half extremely pretty/good looking, the male either not good looking at all or having something 'wrong' with them. Not sure if I'm remembering this right but I think the men were always really clever and they had to do challenges based on either intelligence or looks which obviously only one person out of the couple could do brilliantly.

Can't imagine any of these shows on TV now!
Beauty and the geek!! The girls were all attractive but didn’t have much going on between the ears, and the men were all a bit socially awkward and not conventially good looking!
i loved both these shows, can still remember the theme tune to playing it straight 🤣

There was one on ch4 years ago I can't remember what it was called. It was people that thought they were beautiful. One of the guys started crying when they showed that his face wasn't very symmetrical. Anybody remember it ? Lol

• Haha
Four weddings
Dating in the dark
These were two of my favourites
---
There was one on ch4 years ago I can't remember what it was called. It was people that thought they were beautiful. One of the guys started crying when they showed that his face wasn't very symmetrical. Anybody remember it ? Lol
No lol. But I want to know more 😂

Beauty and the geek!! The girls were all attractive but didn’t have much going on between the ears, and the men were all a bit socially awkward and not conventially good looking!
i loved both these shows, can still remember the theme tune to playing it straight 🤣
Beauty and the geek!!! 🙈😆 Thanks I completely misremembered the name of it.

That 'Hotter than my daughter' popped into my head recently. Where the Daughter's were just normal but the Mum's would be going out getting smashed and shagging about lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Loved snog marry avoid with 'the pod' dishing the truth on Bbc3 as it was back then.

Has anyone heard of bridalplasty it's on YouTube and daily motion brides compete for plastic surgery from their list the winning bride gets the wedding and all her surgery from her list very risky

• Wow
With all that’s happened in the last couple of years years, I reckon if Harry and Meghan were to divorce, the concept of “I Wanna Marry Harry” would somehow be more believable than it was back then!? 😂

• Haha
With all that’s happened in the last couple of years years, I reckon if Harry and Meghan were to divorce, the concept of “I Wanna Marry Harry” would somehow be more believable than it was back then!? 😂
Not really because it was weird we were expected to believe the Americans wouldn’t be able to recognise him them.
It would be even weirder now with the amount of press coverage

There's some more episodes of Holiday Showdown uploaded on YouTube as of 11 days ago. Watching Egypt vs Tenerife right now 👍

There's some more episodes of Holiday Showdown uploaded on YouTube as of 11 days ago. Watching Egypt vs Tenerife right now 👍
Loved this. I can’t remember where they went but one scene that sticks out for me is some spiritual retreat and an old lady singing “happiness in a circular motion”
She got offended when the new family laughed at her.
I wish I could find the episode

ETA
Found it. It was Menorca and France

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Loved this. I can’t remember where they went but one scene that sticks out for me is some spiritual retreat and an old lady singing “happiness in a circular motion”
She got offended when the new family laughed at her.
I wish I could find the episode

ETA
Found it. It was Menorca and France
Didn't they do one that was Weston Supermare vs somewhere abroad? I cant remember where