Old Hollywood gossip & stories

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This photo popped up on FB.
John Wayne and Gary Cooper in Accapulco. JW bought a hotel there for Hollywood types to go and relax.
I love GC's espadrilles tied up his ankles 😂

Screenshot_20230928_150902.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I enjoyed The mystery of Marilyn Monroe, the unheard tapes on netflix. Tapes recorded by Anthony Summers. Overlapped with vintage footage. Anthony concluded he thought it was an accidental or deliberate suicide.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Anybody remember the 1963 film The Haunting,God it was frightening,then a remake of it called the Haunting of Hill House starred Catherine Zeta Jones,that was quite disturbing but not so atmospheric as original film.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Anybody remember the 1963 film The Haunting,God it was frightening,then a remake of it called the Haunting of Hill House starred Catherine Zeta Jones,that was quite disturbing but not so atmospheric as original film.
I mentioned it very recently in the Horror Films thread. Richard Johnson was in it.

Reactions: 2
Yes! Very much so.

Happy Sunday everyone.
Here is Marlon Brando with a sausage dog for you.

View attachment 2484463
thank you!

i know he had tremendous issues and wasn’t a great person but, my god, young marlon brando might have been one of the hottest men to ever live. we had to watch a streetcar named desire in year 10 english and i was forever changed.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Oh thanks,I didn’t realise there was a horror thread.☺

Which brings us onto the fabulously charismatic Vincent Price. Strangely attractive but not handsome.

Reactions: 9
This photo popped up on FB.
John Wayne and Gary Cooper in Accapulco. JW bought a hotel there for Hollywood types to go and relax.
I love GC's espadrilles tied up his ankles 😂

View attachment 2478316
I visited this place on a Panama Canal cruise many years ago. There were lots of fabulous photos of movie stars on the walls.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
The fact her diary which had a lot of information about the guys she had been with/pillow talk, disappeared from the house and was never found makes me believe it was someone important...likely one of the Kennedys.
I read a book about Peter Lawford and he was supposed to be with Bobby Kennedy in her bedroom looking around as he was convinced Marilyn Monroe had recording devices in her house.
The book is called Peter Lawford: The Man who kept the Secrets by James Spada if anyone is interested.

I read a book about Peter Lawford and he was supposed to be with Bobby Kennedy in her bedroom looking around as he was convinced Marilyn Monroe had recording devices in her house.
The book is called Peter Lawford: The Man who kept the Secrets by James Spada if anyone is interested.
Ooh good recommendation.
There is an excellent book about the Rat Pack called 'Rat Pack Confidential' by Shawn Levy. Warts and all.
Poor old Peter Lawford comes across as quite pathetic towards the end. He worshipped Frank Sinatra. But there was an incident where Frank was told President Kennedy would be staying at his house in Palm Springs. He was so excited as he loved the Kennedys he built an extra Presidential wing and a helipad. Then Kennedy's security got wind of Sinatra's mafia connections and told him not to stay there. Peter Lawford, as Kennedy's brother in law and Frank's friend, was given the task of telling him. And to add insult to injury that Kennedy would instead be staying at Bing Crosby's nearby house, a Republican. Anyway Frank never forgave Lawford for this. Held him responsible somehow and completely cut him off and never spoke to him again. Once refused to continue a concert unless Peter Lawford was removed from the audience when he spotted him. Horrible petty stuff.
Peter was cut off from all the Rat Pack connections and contacts. Film parts dried up and he became an alcoholic and drug addict.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I think it's a given now they were involved somehow. I don't think either Bobby or Peter personally killed her but I do think they were in the room/house when whoever it was did what they did. Something that makes the theory more plausible as there were a few people who swore they saw Bobby in a car near her house the night she died. It was denied of course but the people who saw him in the car were adamant it was him.

Reactions: 3
This is brilliant thread.👍

This is another sad story Frances Farmer.

Knew I’d see you on this thread Dolly, it’s totally fascinating I remember you mentioning the Babylon books on another thread 👍😃

• Heart
Knew I’d see you on this thread Dolly, it’s totally fascinating I remember you mentioning the Babylon books on another thread 👍😃
Awww hiya DCI yes love gossip of Hollywood stars..Yes,those two books I’ve got are packed away somewhere.Bastards are hiding from me.🥴

Reactions: 1