Old Hollywood gossip & stories

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also wasn’t Maria Callas larger for a portion of her life? Not sure how Angelina will act that since she is so slim, unless they are just focusing on the later part of her life

Reactions: 3
Speaking of Maria Callas, I read she swallowed a tape worm when she was heavier to try to lose weight.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
The suggestion that Maria Callas deliberately swallowed a tape worm to lose weight is almost certainly fake news. It is true that she acquired a tape worm through eating raw meat (steak tartare) as part of her diet.

Reactions: 4
I was watching an old film the other night, Murder By Decree. It starred the lovely Christopher Plummer and the one I adore, James Mason.

No one talks about him enough!! Very underrated. Not many people remember he was in the original A Star Is Born with Judy Garland. Another one who is buried in Switzerland.

29226_v9_ba.jpg

NB ... I adore him and Gregory Peck. I definitely have a type. 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 18
James Mason had the most lovely voice. Speaking of voices, George Sanders had a voice like velvet.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I was watching an old film the other night, Murder By Decree. It starred the lovely Christopher Plummer and the one I adore, James Mason.

No one talks about him enough!! Very underrated. Not many people remember he was in the original A Star Is Born with Judy Garland. Another one who is buried in Switzerland.

View attachment 2513572

Yes,fabulous voice great actor..

Loved,loved the play Spring and Port Wine,the Kippers always come to mind.

i didn’t realise or know,he and wife ardent lovers of cats they both adored them wrote a book.
---
James Mason had the most lovely voice. Speaking of voices, George Sanders had a voice like velvet.
Yes,fabulous,loved him in Rebecca.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Gregory Peck was one of the most beautiful men ever, as far as I’m concerned. And a thorough gentleman by all accounts.

My cousin met him years ago when her place of work was used for an interview, as she was his point person for the duration. She hadn’t a clue who he was, (😐) but knew I’d probably know. He was lovely, polite, engage, made eye contact, etc. 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Possibly the only time I’ve been properly starstruck… by proxy!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
i didn’t realise or know,he and wife ardent lovers of cats they both adored them wrote a book.
I was reading that he left his entire estate to his second wife and his children contested it. She died before it was settled and she left her estate to the religious leader Sathya Sai Baba. The children then had to fight to get Mason's ashes back.

(On a side note, I knew someone who was a follower of Sia Baba. Used to give most of his earnings to him)

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Yep seen about it the other day the likeness was uncanny can’t wait to see this love Jason Issac.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just ordered a copy of Sunset Boulevard on DVD never seen it but after reading this thread I knew I had to 😁

• Heart
Yes, agree Isaacs looks like great casting.
A very troubled soul off screen apparently ( Grant ). Possibly autistic. Wouldn’t engage with guests invited over by his wife but would pop in and out tripping balls on LSD.
So peculiar to think of him coming from Bristol when he was the epitome of debonair.

• Haha
It's a brilliant movie, especially if you love old Hollywood.
I’ve just started watching old Hollywood films on u tube but i could only find small bits of Sunset Boulevard not the whole thing but there’s loads of full films, I saw Sleep my Love with Claudette Colbert last night loved it. There are quite a few Claudette Colbert films on u tube I will be partaking of a few more I think 🥰

View attachment 2513572

I love James Mason. That actually was the first remake of the 1937 film.

For a long time I thought the Garland Mason one was the first too

• Heart
Reactions: 1