Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Old thread

Continue here with the trials and tribulations of your lovely (!) neighbours ...

Reactions: 7
I miss my old neighbours they were evicted by the police. Last conversation I saw of theirs was a man bolting down the road with one of the neighbours chasing him screaming I told ya not to duck me mum 😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
So my neighbours have been in now a couple of months and just getting worse. Concerned for the dog that they aren’t supposed to have in there- it’s very rarely let out.
The drilling is driving me insane. It was almost every day, usually evenings the other week (I’d get that if they went to work but they don’t). One evening it was half 9 at night and the whole street could hear it. And the sounds of the bloke vomiting go through me. It’s like every few days and the sound makes me gag. It’s like he’s throwing up in my dining room. Like would I be the asshole to complain about the vomiting noises?? And the door slamming is just as bad as ever. Really hope they aren’t here long.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I’ve only just found a thread about this particular topic so I am going to read all of your stories once I get chance but, really need some advice lol!

I’ve been having ongoing abuse mostly verbal, intimidation & harassment from our neighbour that’s been going on since around May 2022 to present, now I believe her and her husbands house is a council house and I tried to contact the council regarding it all however alls I keep getting back is there’s nothing they can do. When on their website they literally have a section for anti social behaviour which covers topics we’ve been having to deal with?

things such as, her husband demanding us to open our door & shouting horrible things to us from outside our home because his wife didn’t like my mum parking outside our own home, we were having the roof done & the roofers were using our drive for their materials. Palettes of Tiles, felt, ladders etc. so obviously my mum was parking below the drive, they both didn’t like this at all. & anytime my mum has parked on our drive, she gets blocked in by her friends visiting her (not like partially blocked in, full on she can’t get out.) The woman at the address stares at me and my mum anytime we go out/come in. Like she’ll just stop dead by her door staring at us instead of bloody turning her key & going in.. she just stands staring at us the entire way as we go in. My mum can’t even take the bloody bin out for bin day without her staring at her with a face like thunder

anytime they hear our patio door open, it’s a slidey type door so you can sort of hear it, the two adults will purposely throw things over. At this particular time my mum was going through a c…..r scare. Seconds after she went out the back to bring washing in, she had a pair of soaking wet shorts thrown at her. Then they were sat laughing about it.

I’ve always had a bad feeling since the pair of them moved in, they’ve got three kids but tbh other than the fact she can’t seem to ‘control them’/say ‘don’t do that’ it’s literally the two adults being absolutely awful. They’re so territorial they think our front yard is there’s, her husband literally walks up and down our drive / path to get to their car & back when they have their own yard & designated footpath.? I’ve seen him 3/4 times hanging over our back fence trying to look into our kitchen/dining area. Nothing had come over from the kids btw! he was just doing this to be intimidating. I presume. Obviously made me feel quite uncomfortable!! I put the kitchen blind down. & he was cracking up saying to his wife omg she absolutely ‘freaked out’, reality, I was about to let our dogs out, spotted him with his entire upper half over the fence looking in I frowned sort of like wtaf?? Then put the blind down & told my mum lol..

During having the roof done, scaffolding up etc. my mum has made his wife aware of this weeks beforehand as it seemed the neighbourly thing to do! About a week or so in to the work being done, I’d gone to go to the bin at the front, shut the bin, as I’m turning around I heard their door open, his wife then come out giving me a sh*t ton of abuse! Shouting ‘WHY CANT YOUR MUM PARK ON THE DRIVE YOUVE GOT A DRIVE’….. just to reiterate, this woman’s car is quite cosy in its parking spot outside her own home too. With a empty space infront of her too. & my mums behind hers, outside our house but just not on the drive (as explained)

again, she got her husband involved for whatever reason. He comes driving round the corner like an idiot revving his car next to my mums parked car, stopped briefly whilst revving then sodded off. Stormed up their path and slammed their gate, muttering stuff, they’re constantly slamming doors ridiculous loud, always arguing threatening to call the police on each other, It sounds like nothing but I honestly feel like I’m heading toward a nervous breakdown.

I was made aware by somebody that her husband had in fact been to jail not too long ago, for doing very similar behaviour to a previous neighbour, (abuse, intimidation / witness intimidation) I found the article & I’ve been on edge with it all ever since. They both make me feel so uncomfortable I can’t explain it.. just feel like no matter what we do, we’re being watched, harassed, anytime my window is open & they notice, things will be shouted. Try to avoid opening my window now because I’m fed up of it, Or if we’ve gone out, there windows shut.. they suddenly open their window upon us arriving back to say things once were going back in. It’s all silly small things but it generally builds up & I feel beyond drained with it all. As I say I’ve tried to go to the council but they don’t want to know! I keep getting the same bloke emailing me back with nothing they can do..

The woman has actually hit my mums car before (not major but scuffed) in august 2022, she had a thing for getting insanely close to my mums car when ‘parking’ when as I say, there’s her car, my mums car & then completely empty street until about a good 5/6 houses down a couple more cars, Her husband parks around the corner but if his wife has said something / made up some false story or they’re just wanting to scare us he’ll do things such as rag his car by our house, shout things, slam things, my mums in her 60s & her health isn’t that grand.. our house is our own not council & we don’t want to move as this has been our home since before I was even born. But all this myther off them it’s wearing us down ALOT. I just feel completely unheard with it all, not to mention she openly encourages her eldest son (5/6)? To do / say things, like banging on our wall from the alleyway (shared alley) & running up & down our path/drive, shaking his arse 🫠 she’s always glued to her mobile, she gets out her car and she’s on her phone, she’s obsessed with parking so much so the moment my mum went out & I was in, my mum had only just left our street and she had gone to her car, put her 3 year old on her knee to reverse back to sort of push my mum to park even further down when my mum got back, she does all this bizarre stuff that just seems so childish!! my mum got completely annoyed with everything and decided she was just going to stay parked below the drive now, so since this the neighbour has been parkinf practically up against my mums bumper because she doesn’t like it. There’s even more to this but I feel like I’ve written a lot right now 😂😂😂

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve only just found a thread about this particular topic so I am going to read all of your stories once I get chance but, really need some advice lol!

I’ve been having ongoing abuse mostly verbal, intimidation & harassment from our neighbour that’s been going on since around May 2022 to present, now I believe her and her husbands house is a council house and I tried to contact the council regarding it all however alls I keep getting back is there’s nothing they can do. When on their website they literally have a section for anti social behaviour which covers topics we’ve been having to deal with?

things such as, her husband demanding us to open our door & shouting horrible things to us from outside our home because his wife didn’t like my mum parking outside our own home, we were having the roof done & the roofers were using our drive for their materials. Palettes of Tiles, felt, ladders etc. so obviously my mum was parking below the drive, they both didn’t like this at all. & anytime my mum has parked on our drive, she gets blocked in by her friends visiting her (not like partially blocked in, full on she can’t get out.) The woman at the address stares at me and my mum anytime we go out/come in. Like she’ll just stop dead by her door staring at us instead of bloody turning her key & going in.. she just stands staring at us the entire way as we go in. My mum can’t even take the bloody bin out for bin day without her staring at her with a face like thunder

anytime they hear our patio door open, it’s a slidey type door so you can sort of hear it, the two adults will purposely throw things over. At this particular time my mum was going through a c…..r scare. Seconds after she went out the back to bring washing in, she had a pair of soaking wet shorts thrown at her. Then they were sat laughing about it.

I’ve always had a bad feeling since the pair of them moved in, they’ve got three kids but tbh other than the fact she can’t seem to ‘control them’/say ‘don’t do that’ it’s literally the two adults being absolutely awful. They’re so territorial they think our front yard is there’s, her husband literally walks up and down our drive / path to get to their car & back when they have their own yard & designated footpath.? I’ve seen him 3/4 times hanging over our back fence trying to look into our kitchen/dining area. Nothing had come over from the kids btw! he was just doing this to be intimidating. I presume. Obviously made me feel quite uncomfortable!! I put the kitchen blind down. & he was cracking up saying to his wife omg she absolutely ‘freaked out’, reality, I was about to let our dogs out, spotted him with his entire upper half over the fence looking in I frowned sort of like wtaf?? Then put the blind down & told my mum lol..

During having the roof done, scaffolding up etc. my mum has made his wife aware of this weeks beforehand as it seemed the neighbourly thing to do! About a week or so in to the work being done, I’d gone to go to the bin at the front, shut the bin, as I’m turning around I heard their door open, his wife then come out giving me a sh*t ton of abuse! Shouting ‘WHY CANT YOUR MUM PARK ON THE DRIVE YOUVE GOT A DRIVE’….. just to reiterate, this woman’s car is quite cosy in its parking spot outside her own home too. With a empty space infront of her too. & my mums behind hers, outside our house but just not on the drive (as explained)

again, she got her husband involved for whatever reason. He comes driving round the corner like an idiot revving his car next to my mums parked car, stopped briefly whilst revving then sodded off. Stormed up their path and slammed their gate, muttering stuff, they’re constantly slamming doors ridiculous loud, always arguing threatening to call the police on each other, It sounds like nothing but I honestly feel like I’m heading toward a nervous breakdown.

I was made aware by somebody that her husband had in fact been to jail not too long ago, for doing very similar behaviour to a previous neighbour, (abuse, intimidation / witness intimidation) I found the article & I’ve been on edge with it all ever since. They both make me feel so uncomfortable I can’t explain it.. just feel like no matter what we do, we’re being watched, harassed, anytime my window is open & they notice, things will be shouted. Try to avoid opening my window now because I’m fed up of it, Or if we’ve gone out, there windows shut.. they suddenly open their window upon us arriving back to say things once were going back in. It’s all silly small things but it generally builds up & I feel beyond drained with it all. As I say I’ve tried to go to the council but they don’t want to know! I keep getting the same bloke emailing me back with nothing they can do..

The woman has actually hit my mums car before (not major but scuffed) in august 2022, she had a thing for getting insanely close to my mums car when ‘parking’ when as I say, there’s her car, my mums car & then completely empty street until about a good 5/6 houses down a couple more cars, Her husband parks around the corner but if his wife has said something / made up some false story or they’re just wanting to scare us he’ll do things such as rag his car by our house, shout things, slam things, my mums in her 60s & her health isn’t that grand.. our house is our own not council & we don’t want to move as this has been our home since before I was even born. But all this myther off them it’s wearing us down ALOT. I just feel completely unheard with it all, not to mention she openly encourages her eldest son (5/6)? To do / say things, like banging on our wall from the alleyway (shared alley) & running up & down our path/drive, shaking his arse 🫠 she’s always glued to her mobile, she gets out her car and she’s on her phone, she’s obsessed with parking so much so the moment my mum went out & I was in, my mum had only just left our street and she had gone to her car, put her 3 year old on her knee to reverse back to sort of push my mum to park even further down when my mum got back, she does all this bizarre stuff that just seems so childish!! my mum got completely annoyed with everything and decided she was just going to stay parked below the drive now, so since this the neighbour has been parkinf practically up against my mums bumper because she doesn’t like it. There’s even more to this but I feel like I’ve written a lot right now 😂😂😂
That's absolute bullshit there is nothing they can do. Environmental health for the noise, police for the harassment. Get a ring doorbell. The only way to deal with bullies like this is to stand up to them. Get as many subtle cameras up as you can. You can download a noise app where you can record noise and submit the data. Keep a diary of every single incident and keep reporting them to the police for starters. If they threaten you with violence tell them you'll sue the arse off them and take it all the way. Just smile and wave and make as much noise as you can back

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So I don't know if I've asked about this before on here but, does anywhere in Leeds accept dss anymore?? 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Morning Tattlers!

Just a quick question - my lovely (mean that genuinely) appear to have done a flit about 4 weeks ago. They’ve been there since moved in 12 years ago - they’ve not been seen & usually mention if they’re heading home (they are from Hungary) for any period of time - usually holidays.

Their landlord has been round asking if I’ve I’ve seen them etc & they aren’t replying to his or the estate agents messages etc.

My question is that they’ve left two cars - one in the street outside my house - taxed but no MOT & one in my parking space - which is neither taxed or mot’d. I’m contacting the landlord to see if there’s an update but at what point would you start action to remove? X

• Wow
Reactions: 5
A lady opposite me a few years ago had a heart attack and died in the house, she was taken same day in the ambulance

• Sad
Reactions: 2
The lady in the house opposite me took her own life during the pandemic. I was unfortunate enough to see her taken away to hospital as I was woken up by the noise of the police trying to get inside. She died a few weeks later.

There was also a murder a few years ago as police asked to look at my doorbell footage. It was a man who died but I don’t believe the woman was ever charged as I’ve seen her since several times with their children.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Can anyone help or has been in a situation with neighbours constantly screaming at each other, sounding like the house is being smashed up, she also has a dog that barks at everything all day.

I'm going through this atm & been going on at least 3x a week for about 8 months. I've contacted the council and they've said they will knock if I give the go ahead im just worried about retribution or come backs?

They also smoke cannabis and it stinks my whole house but but council have said that's a tricky one as they can deny it and it can't be proved 🤦🏻‍♀️

My friends have said not to stir the pot and get officials involved as people get "stabbed up" for doing such just to let it run its course as she looks the type to not stick around but she's been there since July 21

Just really fed up of it now & don't know what to do

Has any bodies neighbours ever died or been murdered?
Two murders down my road since I moved in 5 years ago 🤦🏼‍♀️

Both stabbings. Both drug induced. It isn't a rough area at all but drugs do funny things to people!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Morning Tattlers!

Just a quick question - my lovely (mean that genuinely) appear to have done a flit about 4 weeks ago. They’ve been there since moved in 12 years ago - they’ve not been seen & usually mention if they’re heading home (they are from Hungary) for any period of time - usually holidays.

Their landlord has been round asking if I’ve I’ve seen them etc & they aren’t replying to his or the estate agents messages etc.

My question is that they’ve left two cars - one in the street outside my house - taxed but no MOT & one in my parking space - which is neither taxed or mot’d. I’m contacting the landlord to see if there’s an update but at what point would you start action to remove? X
It's been 4 weeks that would be long enough for me.

Not neighbour but when I was a kid, a young mum was stabbed to death outside her house by her boyfriend. Her house was next to my primary school which was about 2 minutes from our house, I remember seeing police officers/police tape everywhere in the morning on the way to school and then a few days later I noticed a big blood stain on some steps near her house while walking past after school 😞

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Can anyone help or has been in a situation with neighbours constantly screaming at each other, sounding like the house is being smashed up, she also has a dog that barks at everything all day.

I'm going through this atm & been going on at least 3x a week for about 8 months. I've contacted the council and they've said they will knock if I give the go ahead im just worried about retribution or come backs?

They also smoke cannabis and it stinks my whole house but but council have said that's a tricky one as they can deny it and it can't be proved 🤦🏻‍♀️

My friends have said not to stir the pot and get officials involved as people get "stabbed up" for doing such just to let it run its course as she looks the type to not stick around but she's been there since July 21

Just really fed up of it now & don't know what to do
I had a really similar situation a few years back. My downstairs neighbours were smoking weed on the balcony all the time and the people directly below me were having really concerning arguments. Because both parties were rentals and with the same landlord I got in touch with the agency and did request to be anonymous but that wasn’t honoured as we got a note on our door the next day asking to contact them directly if we were having any further problems the council were useless because at the time they weren’t doing call outs due to covid and our best bet was to contact the police if we thought there was domestic abuse and If drugs were a factor. But it’s tricky cos there can be backlash.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My neighbour died of heart failure a few months back. The girl who lives below his flat was none the wiser but now regularly posts on socials about how people need to check on their neighbours and saying how he was failed by the system. He wasn't failed and was in regular contact with her, he was dead for two weeks so I find that a bit rich...

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I had a really similar situation a few years back. My downstairs neighbours were smoking weed on the balcony all the time and the people directly below me were having really concerning arguments. Because both parties were rentals and with the same landlord I got in touch with the agency and did request to be anonymous but that wasn’t honoured as we got a note on our door the next day asking to contact them directly if we were having any further problems the council were useless because at the time they weren’t doing call outs due to covid and our best bet was to contact the police if we thought there was domestic abuse and If drugs were a factor. But it’s tricky cos there can be backlash.
Thanks for your reply 😊

That's what the council have advised me to do whenever I smell it is to call the police 🙄 they also said my complaint would be anonymous but she's on an end terrace making me the only direct neighbour 🤦🏻‍♀️😆

Think I'll just put up with it for a while longer then and just pray for the day the removal vans turn up 😫

Are there any renters on this thread?
All the times I’ve rented I’ve been really limited to what I could do in terms of DIY. The people who have moved next door have been doing a lot of drilling etc to the point I’m genuinely concerned with the state the landlord is going to get the house back in.
Last week they bought some concrete- there’s nothing wrong with the driveway (no potholes etc) so I’m fairly sure the only thing they could be using it for is to pour concrete over the front lawn to extend the driveway. Aside from the fact that I’m fairly sure if it’s a diy job, the dude who’s doing it is going to be drunk, surely no landlord would allow a tenant do do their own concrete driveway? Also the land boundary between me and them isn’t clear- we aren’t divided by a fence- if it’s not done by a professional I don’t really trust encroachment. But where would I even stand with that? At what point do I try and reach the landlord?

Pretended I didn’t feel well on Sunday when I bumped into my weirdo creepy neighbour on Sunday so I didn’t have to speak to him. He’s been overseas visiting family 3 months and only came back last week.
Yesterday UPS tried to deliver a parcel to me years while I was at work and for some reason he’s taken it in for me…. He lives 6 doors down. God knows why or how. But he hasn’t left it at my back door like other neighbours do, so now I’m going to have to go and talk to him to get it. 😤
This a neighbour I’ve mentioned on here previously who said he’d go on a night out with me. I’m 37 and he’s late 60s/early 70s. 🤨

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8