Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jaxie

I miss my old neighbours they were evicted by the police. Last conversation I saw of theirs was a man bolting down the road with one of the neighbours chasing him screaming I told ya not to fuck me mum 😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43

Pinhead Larry

Chatty Member
I wrote on this thread a while ago about my neighbours weird behaviour. Escalated from knocking on the door every evening asking us to move our cars so she could put hers where she wanted it, to posting threatening notes, to actually hitting my car on purpose.

on Friday we moved 😃 sale went through and we’ve moved to a nicer area and we have a driveway now so less chance of parking wars. Next door came round with a bottle of Prosecco and a Christmas card and asked if we want to go round for a party they’re having. I feel like I’m in a different world 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
I just need to report that my neighbours have put up a 'house is full of love and laughter' sign in their back yard above a section of plastic grass that is covered in dog shit and they're currently having a screaming row.

Only fooling themselves. The rest of my neighbours nowadays are fairly normal.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Tanne1999

VIP Member
Just had a row in the street with a parent who’s kids knocked on my door last night for trick or treating but I didn’t answer.

I don’t answer because Halloween was my babies due date that I lost five years ago at 18+5wks. Each year I spend the day by myself and only speak to/see people I want. I also have anxiety and don’t like unexpected/unknown people knocking on the door.
I don’t put out a pumpkin/decorate, so that should be an indication I’m not wanting anyone to knock.

Anyway, last night me and my partner had arranged to get out of the house for a few hours to keep my brain occupied. I was getting ready and I hear a knock. I ignore it. Three seconds later, they knock again. I ignore it. About ten seconds later I hear shouting through the letter box calling me a ‘rude fucking bitch, did you eat all the sweets fatty’. So I definitely was not answering the door.

Ten mins later, more knocks on the door. Again, after the second knock I get verbal abuse, ‘slag, give us sweets or we’ll brick your windows’.

So by this point I’m having a panic attack. People are still knocking, no verbal abuse after those first two, thankfully, but some heavy pounding did occur.

Went out, thought nothing of it. Hopefully just harmless threats from aggy pre-teens.

Well, I’ve just popped out to the corner shop. As I’m coming back, one of the mums is stood in her doorway and shouts ‘oi, what was last night about?’ I said ‘sorry, what do you mean?’
She then goes ‘well it’s not very fucking nice of you to ignore my fucking kids is it love?’
I said ‘I didn’t want any trick or treaters, hence the lack of decorations and the note on the door saying no knocking please’

She gets proper aggy saying ‘what because you think you’re better than the rest of us? It’s because you’re fucking racist isn’t it’ (I live in Wales but am English. I am 25% Welsh though but have an English accent)

I said ‘no I’m not racist, I just didn’t want anyone knocking on my door last night.’ Went to walk into my house, she said I better watch my back because her son will follow through on his threats. She stormed back into her house, shouting ‘cunt’ at me before slamming the door.

Luckily quite a few houses in the street have ring doorbells and two popped their heads out offering to send me the footage of that argument, plus the video of her son threatening me last night.

I’ve reported to non emergency line so there’ll be a track record of the incident should something happen.

All this over some fucking sweets.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 31

Sweetcouchpotato

My problem neighbours were an absolute nightmare yesterday and last night. They were making noises, banging furniture around all day, his voice was booming, they stunk the landing and stairwell out with weed. Then at 9pm they started having loud sex, then they'd finish and go back to dropping stuff on the floor and then they'd go back to having loud sex. This continued until gone midnight. This morning, they were up at 7am, banging furniture around again. Then they went quiet for most of the day but the sex has just started up again.

I'm just so sick of it. I could cope with a bit of noise but who wants to hear their neighbours shagging?
Our neighbour's adult son and his missus moved in when my kids were little; their room was next to my children's room and she was/is a squealer. Every time they shagged the kids would wake up and get scared because they thought she was being hurt. He'd start shouting "f*** yes" at the relevant moment while she'd be shrieking like she was being murdered. Never been so bloody glad as when all that humping made a baby and they had to share a bedroom with their baby so their sex life died.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Jyhy1110

VIP Member
Iv written on these threads numerous times about my neighbour, constant fleas, social services, environmental health

Well…. They are selling up and moving wahooooooooo!!!! I’m so happy 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 24

stardust1

VIP Member
I’ve spoken about my neighbour before being weird. We stopped answering the door to her after she was rude when I took in a parcel for her so now she’s posting cards through. She’s got such a small car and we leave such an adequate space 😂 the nature of it being a public street means sometimes we have to park based on how others have parked. I also don’t have sensors on my car. The entitlement is astounding
View attachment 2261062View attachment 2261064
I’d just send a moon pig card saying fuck off🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Jojoanne1

Chatty Member
Does anyone else here feel that they are surrounded by weirdos (neighbours)?

We have lived here for 30 years and when we first moved in the neighbours were lovely, but it seems everyone has died/moved on and the whole street seems to be occupied with some very strange people. I honestly don’t want to go out the front of the house to encounter strangeness!

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Pinhead Larry

Chatty Member
I’ve spoken about my neighbour before being weird. We stopped answering the door to her after she was rude when I took in a parcel for her so now she’s posting cards through. She’s got such a small car and we leave such an adequate space 😂 the nature of it being a public street means sometimes we have to park based on how others have parked. I also don’t have sensors on my car. The entitlement is astounding
IMG_4169.jpeg
IMG_4170.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 19

armywife119

VIP Member
I moved into our new house almost 2 years ago. It’s the sort of place people say hello when getting into their cars but are mostly working people who keep themselves to themselves. One of the neighbours garage wall is in our garden. There was a greenhouse attached to it. When washing the greenhouse one day the woman came round with a real attitude complaining that we were releasing a liquid into her garage and get it sorted now. She was going crazy saying it was oil. It was a bit of water! and of course if it was leaking into their garage we stopped the hose no problem.

We’ve always tried to be good neighbours and have been lucky in the past we’ve had similar and we’ve always helped each other out and would do anything to help.

I understand it’s not good some water got in but it was her attitude that got me. We tried to be friendly and apologise.

Last week my husband went out to check a shared fence panel which we were hoping to temporarily remove for a day as we’re having some work done in the garden and it would really help the workmen with access. We planned to talk to them and say it would be put back exactly and have no inconvenience to them. Well the wife came running out (she has security cameras faced onto the are. The anger in her shouting and telling my husband he had no right and it was their fence and they wouldn’t allow it to be removed. Them went on to say we had no right to attach anything onto the side of their garage (when we moved in their was the greenhouse and a massive bbq attached) my husband pointed that out and she said they had an agreement with the previous owners that it would be removed when they left. We knew nothing about any agreement. As it happens we had actually taken both down a couple of weeks previously so I don’t even know why she was complaining. My husband who is the loveliest man tried to make conversation and said about a few jobs we were having done she continued to rant about how we must get planning permission and not step onto their side.
She went on and on at my OH u til she finally went indoors. OH noticed she’d left her car doors open so being the bigger person went to let her know. She then followed him down the drive carrying on the angry ranting.

It’s not so much her being completely uncooperative about helping us with access for the workmen (I’m not sure who owns the fence) it’s her attitude. She spoke to my husband like he was stupid. She came across as tho she was far superior. It’s all so over the top.

We are nice people and would do anything for anyone. This has really made me have a bad taste in my mouth about the area we’ve moved too. And how nasty some people can be for no reason.

I mean I didn’t expect new neighbours to bake us a cake or loan us a cup of sugar but really sad that’s the welcome we’ve received.

My husband says just ignore it but it’s really on my mind. I’ve not seen her yet but I keep going over how best to handle it if I do. Should I kill with kindness or ask if theirs something we’ve done to cause her anger.

The pissed off side of me wants to do a shit on her drive (I’m joking obviously 😂)

• Wow
  • Sad

Tanne1999

VIP Member
Just had a row in the street with a parent who’s kids knocked on my door last night for trick or treating but I didn’t answer.

I don’t answer because Halloween was my babies due date that I lost five years ago at 18+5wks. Each year I spend the day by myself and only speak to/see people I want. I also have anxiety and don’t like unexpected/unknown people knocking on the door.
I don’t put out a pumpkin/decorate, so that should be an indication I’m not wanting anyone to knock.

Anyway, last night me and my partner had arranged to get out of the house for a few hours to keep my brain occupied. I was getting ready and I hear a knock. I ignore it. Three seconds later, they knock again. I ignore it. About ten seconds later I hear shouting through the letter box calling me a ‘rude fucking bitch, did you eat all the sweets fatty’. So I definitely was not answering the door.

Ten mins later, more knocks on the door. Again, after the second knock I get verbal abuse, ‘slag, give us sweets or we’ll brick your windows’.

So by this point I’m having a panic attack. People are still knocking, no verbal abuse after those first two, thankfully, but some heavy pounding did occur.

Went out, thought nothing of it. Hopefully just harmless threats from aggy pre-teens.

Well, I’ve just popped out to the corner shop. As I’m coming back, one of the mums is stood in her doorway and shouts ‘oi, what was last night about?’ I said ‘sorry, what do you mean?’
She then goes ‘well it’s not very fucking nice of you to ignore my fucking kids is it love?’
I said ‘I didn’t want any trick or treaters, hence the lack of decorations and the note on the door saying no knocking please’

She gets proper aggy saying ‘what because you think you’re better than the rest of us? It’s because you’re fucking racist isn’t it’ (I live in Wales but am English. I am 25% Welsh though but have an English accent)

I said ‘no I’m not racist, I just didn’t want anyone knocking on my door last night.’ Went to walk into my house, she said I better watch my back because her son will follow through on his threats. She stormed back into her house, shouting ‘cunt’ at me before slamming the door.

Luckily quite a few houses in the street have ring doorbells and two popped their heads out offering to send me the footage of that argument, plus the video of her son threatening me last night.

I’ve reported to non emergency line so there’ll be a track record of the incident should something happen.

All this over some fucking sweets.
Said neighbour had the nerve this afternoon to knock on the door and ask if I’d jumpstart her car! Told her that I don’t drive, my other half’s the one who drives and he’s at work. Hence the lack of car in front of our house.

She then went on a rant about how I’m doing this to spite her. Yes hun, you’ve caught me. I haven’t learnt to drive yet because I just knew one day in the future I could use it against you. Daft bitch.

• Haha
  • Wow

~*~Jess~*~

Unfortunately joining this thread.

Moved into current house almost 5 years ago. Had lovely neighbours up until March this year.

Should have known something was ‘up’ when they were using industrial cleaners at 11pm. Gave them benefit of the doubt.

Since then, they’d blast music honestly so loud from 7am both Saturday and Sunday! They have 2 young kids and a set of their parents living with them. They don’t appear party animal types. Once the bass was still audible over our baby’s white noise machine and being the other side of the house, partner went round to tell them to shut up. They were all stood in the kitchen, whilst the blasting music was bellowing from the front room (adjoining wall)!!

They turned it down. But, one Friday night it sounded like they were knocking the house down so I went round. Tenderising meat!! At 11pm for a bbq the next day.

Doors honestly slam constantly. Kids (1 and 5) sound like they’re ripping doors off the hinges.

They don’t speak, they shout.

Telly blasts through the wall all day and we can’t even hear our own telly.

Now they’ve had plumbers in for 4 weeks. Drilling all day. I’ve walked 10 miles with my baby just so he can sleep.

Now don’t get me wrong, I get people make noise. But our old neighbours who enjoyed a party at weekends, had grandkids round and a dog… they honestly made hardly any noise compared to this! And I’ve got a baby with no support around us so finding it particularly tough. So miserable… we are selling the house we love and the house I gave birth in 🥺

• Sad
Reactions: 17

redstraw16

VIP Member
I live in the top flat of a 4 flat converted house. When me and my boyfriend moved in he accidentally put some mixed recycling in the cardboard bin, our neighbours in the bottom flat rang our buzzer, we went down and they explained the issue and I was really apologetic as they’d scooped it all out and re-sorted it for us.

The problem is since then; whenever we take down rubbish they check it? as in opening our black sacks and checking the actual waste we’re throwing away? It makes me feel uneasy… 😅 I’m gonna have to throw some red paint on some of his old clothes and bin them so they think I’ve done him in or something 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

hungrycaterpillar

Chatty Member
I'll never win this argument with you guys so I'm just going to put my point across.

If your partner is a Tradie or Constitution Worker (which from this thread I think no one but 🤷

Sometimes they are commuting 2-3 hours a day for jobs. That's pretty hardcore. If they're company's lock up is an extra hours commute, then that's pretty shit.

I understand how frustrating it is, we used to live on a Close and although we had a drive, parking was tight. We've moved, we have a detached property with a drive, so we aren't upsetting anyone .

But please spare a thought for the hard working van men who are probably exhausted. If we didn't have trades and construction then we'd have nothing.

I won't be replying to any other comments.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Have a chavvy family by me who are always the cause of unnecessary noise. Dog barking? It’s theirs. Kids screaming? Theirs. Playing heavy bass at max volume whilst idling in the car park? Oh yeah, it’s them again. Can’t talk without shouting? Yep. Can’t close a door without slamming it? Better believe it. Wankers.

This morning they’ve decided to take a beautiful, quiet morning, full of birdsong, and decided to valet their fleet of chav cars. Pressure washer, fabric washer vax thing, and hoovering, all from 8am, and somehow, they’ve still not finished with the noisy shit. All whilst having a shouting monosyllabic conversation and shitty music too just as an added treat. Wankers.

They’re just naturally loud, ignorant pricks. Absolutely no point saying anything because they’ll see it as an attack and ramp it all up to eleven. 100%. Wankers.

Wankers.

• Sad

gummy-bear

VIP Member
I would be tempted to contact the police with both notes and say that you think it was a threat.
Also mention the I love you stuff and say you feel she is starting to stalk you.
This is more than just a minor car bump.
Think it says I owe you, not I love you 🤣

• Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
I’ve got a friend who is constantly talking about how bad her neighbours are … except they’re not!

When they moved in, she wrote them at letter saying they weren’t to touch her fence or paint it. I mean, to some extent, fair enough, but a bit random.

She films them when they’re in the garden then sends the film to everyone saying how they’re doing it on purpose to upset her. They’re just gardening or having a chat.

She won’t park in her drive, taking up premium street space. She then takes photos and has a go at anyone who parks even vaguely near her drive, which is always empty.

Everything is recorded then sent to everyone with comments of how they are ruining her life and it’s impossible to rationalise with her. If they have workmen in (nothing major ever), if they drill for five minutes, if they mow the lawn, if they have guests once in a blue moon … everything, all normal life, recorded 🤷🏼‍♀️
It sounds like your friend is actually the bad neighbour. 😬
Is she like this with you? Always everyone else in the wrong, never her?

stardust1

VIP Member
I live in the top flat of a 4 flat converted house. When me and my boyfriend moved in he accidentally put some mixed recycling in the cardboard bin, our neighbours in the bottom flat rang our buzzer, we went down and they explained the issue and I was really apologetic as they’d scooped it all out and re-sorted it for us.

The problem is since then; whenever we take down rubbish they check it? as in opening our black sacks and checking the actual waste we’re throwing away? It makes me feel uneasy… 😅 I’m gonna have to throw some red paint on some of his old clothes and bin them so they think I’ve done him in or something 🤣
i’d defo start putting questionable stuff in, maybe a note calling them nosey cunts too

• Haha

Jojoanne1

Chatty Member
People that want to talk to you one minute and ignore you the next! I cannot tolerate that, either you speak to me or you don’t. I take parcels in for everyone and they speak to me when they collect the parcel and ignore me the next day - weirdos!! I avoid everyone it’s easier

• Sad
  • Haha