Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Furniture was going out the flat late Saturday evening.

I just asked my brother, a tax lawyer what the craic is, they’re resident here so they should be paying tax here but I would say that’s not happening. When they moved in, every letter (totally normal letters at moving in time) came in triplicate over the initial weeks - so utilities, council tax - with increasing DO NOT IGMORE THIS on the outside -can’t even do the basics. Now a threat to have your car taken because, ignoring letters again. Do these people think nothing applies to them? Are they just not able for this life 😄I am so intrigued.
I’m so invested in this now!

Reactions: 1
😄 After the initial flurry of furniture going out the door and much banging around Saturday evening all has gone quiet. The car remains so they must’ve paid their bailiffs bill.

Found out the neighbours beneath them recent complained about noise direct to Landlord - he was their neighbour for years and they would defo go straight to source rather than trying to deal with his tenants direct as they just will not give a duck about “”negotiations” with tenants.

I guess if your being complained about both ends and the bailiffs were after you….

Reactions: 2
Serious, ongoing levels of banging in the kitchen 11pm last night (kitchen directly beneath bedroom) - I had just nodded off. “We had to defrost the freezer it had become an emergency”.

• Wow
I’ve got a friend who is constantly talking about how bad her neighbours are … except they’re not!

When they moved in, she wrote them at letter saying they weren’t to touch her fence or paint it. I mean, to some extent, fair enough, but a bit random.

She films them when they’re in the garden then sends the film to everyone saying how they’re doing it on purpose to upset her. They’re just gardening or having a chat.

She won’t park in her drive, taking up premium street space. She then takes photos and has a go at anyone who parks even vaguely near her drive, which is always empty.

Everything is recorded then sent to everyone with comments of how they are ruining her life and it’s impossible to rationalise with her. If they have workmen in (nothing major ever), if they drill for five minutes, if they mow the lawn, if they have guests once in a blue moon … everything, all normal life, recorded 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I’ve got a friend who is constantly talking about how bad her neighbours are … except they’re not!

When they moved in, she wrote them at letter saying they weren’t to touch her fence or paint it. I mean, to some extent, fair enough, but a bit random.

She films them when they’re in the garden then sends the film to everyone saying how they’re doing it on purpose to upset her. They’re just gardening or having a chat.

She won’t park in her drive, taking up premium street space. She then takes photos and has a go at anyone who parks even vaguely near her drive, which is always empty.

Everything is recorded then sent to everyone with comments of how they are ruining her life and it’s impossible to rationalise with her. If they have workmen in (nothing major ever), if they drill for five minutes, if they mow the lawn, if they have guests once in a blue moon … everything, all normal life, recorded 🤷🏼‍♀️
It sounds like your friend is actually the bad neighbour. 😬
Is she like this with you? Always everyone else in the wrong, never her?

Reactions: 16

she sounds like a neighbour from hell tbh

Reactions: 9
It sounds like your friend is actually the bad neighbour. 😬
Is she like this with you? Always everyone else in the wrong, never her?
She’s actually quite an educated, respected person generally. She won’t have anything said about her being in the wrong over this, but she’s very amicable and rational about daily life otherwise.
---
she sounds like a neighbour from hell tbh
Indeed. I forgot to add her obsession with bins. People touching/moving hers, others not where they “should” be, photographing the contents…

• Wow
Reactions: 7
She’s actually quite an educated, respected person generally. She won’t have anything said about her being in the wrong over this, but she’s very amicable and rational about daily life otherwise.
That makes it even more bizarre then. 🤔
I wonder what the other neighbours think.

Reactions: 3
---

Indeed. I forgot to add her obsession with bins. People touching/moving hers, others not where they “should” be, photographing the contents…
Has she suffered from bad neighbours previously? Sounds like she’s a bit paranoid or is trying to get in there before they do.
I don’t talk to one of my next door neighbours, a smile and polite hello is as far as it goes. I feel they got the wrong impression from me due to my ex who used to live here.
My other next door neighbour will always say hello and we exchange a small gift and card at Xmas but it’s as far as it goes. Same for other neighbours on the street. Smile and say hello then on with our day.
I don’t endeavour to make besties with the neighbours but I think we should all be able to live where we do stress free.

Has she suffered from bad neighbours previously? Sounds like she’s a bit paranoid or is trying to get in there before they do.
I don’t talk to one of my next door neighbours, a smile and polite hello is as far as it goes. I feel they got the wrong impression from me due to my ex who used to live here.
My other next door neighbour will always say hello and we exchange a small gift and card at Xmas but it’s as far as it goes. Same for other neighbours on the street. Smile and say hello then on with our day.
I don’t endeavour to make besties with the neighbours but I think we should all be able to live where we do stress free.
Not that I’m aware of. I think her life is just a bit empty.

Why are you friends with her? She sounds unhinged!

• Haha

The poor neighbours. I hope they are OK.

Reactions: 5
Yeah it sounds like what's she's doing is harassment and some of it illegal (photographing bin contents, filming them on their private property).

Reactions: 9
Minor and my fault, but it has irritated me.
I had a delivery on Friday (it was over £500, so high value) and my usual neighbour wasn’t in, the deliver guy asked one of the other neighbours while on the phone to me and she said they were leaving in the next hour to go away for the weekend, so they didn’t want to take it for me. I was out longer than I expected, so was hoping I’d be back in time to in for the delivery.
In the end I told him to leave in behind a bin and I dashed home.
So, she hasn’t gone away for the weekend. Her bedroom window is wide open and I’ve just seen her in there as I came back from the supermarket and her car is there. If she was lying, that’s really weird. Even if she took it and just left it at my door when I got back. I was back within 30 mins of the delivery being done. Fgs.

• Wow
We only have street parking here so we all have to throw our cars in where we can basically. Sometimes outside the house and sometimes down the street. It’s what we all signed up to. Our elderly lady neighbour though has completely lost her mind over this and any time anyone moves their car she’s straight outside like a whippet. This doesn’t sound horrendous but wait for it. I witnessed her moving her car roughly half a metre. Half a metre! She likes to line up her back wheel with her gate. It’s a very precise move. Something to behold! 🤯
Three doors away we had an ex-boy band dude (not mentioning names as he’s genuinely lovely) who was nearly as neurotic. He moved to a bigger house last year ….with a driveway for about 10 cars 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
We have one of those!! She moves her car a matter of inches some days, and several times a day. It has to be lined up with her door. It also has the effect of making a 3 space section into 2, which is so considerate 🙄

Same here. We live in a narrow road, some houses have a drive, some don't. Guys opposite do have a drive yet choose to park on the road. We have a parking shortage as it is. If someone with a smaller car takes a punt and parks their car in front, the guys opposite will move forward giving hardly space for the other person to manoeuvre out again! So petty.

I once parked my car outside their house as they were out and my son needed me to move my car so he could go out. The same neighbour knocked my door on their return, and told (yes, told, not asked me!) me to put my car back on my drive as I was blocking his garage access. Like an idiot I went and did it. However his garage is at the top of his drive and he always parks outside on the road. After I moved my car for him, he parked on the road and didn't access his garage after all. I know, cos I went on my exercise bike for 90 mins after and my window faces his garage! I guess some people like to think they can dictate where everyone parks.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
We're currently looking to move and this is why I'm being fussy and I absolutely refuse to even look anywhere that doesn't have a drive or even just allocated parking. People get animalistic when it comes to parking 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
We're currently looking to move and this is why I'm being fussy and I absolutely refuse to even look anywhere that doesn't have a drive or even just allocated parking. People get animalistic when it comes to parking 🤣
Parking spaces and wheelie bins and there might be something else I’ve missed? 🤔