Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ya it's like the parents are happy as long as the kids are out of the house but don't give a toss about their behaviour or the state that they leave the road in. I got out with a black bag picking up their rubbish every now and again. I refuse to do it all the time because I am curious to see if other neighbours will do it too. But more often than not they don't! If I had kids I would be mortified if I saw someone picking up my kids litter.

I think Covid and lockdowns and the lack of travel hasnt helped as I was always in the house. The families with the kids NEVER go anywhere. Not even little day trips to the beach or countryside. They are just constantly there. I try to plan my weekend to be away in the afternoon and evening so as to get some peace and I dread going home to see how many will be sitting outside my drive.
Are you sure you dont live in my street? 😂

They all litter terribly! Especially considering they are outside of their house! So have access to a bin! Our local park has been doing loads during the whole of lockdown. They never go! Its a 5 min walk. They go out with their grandma and the dad must have alternative weekends.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Are you sure you dont live in my street? 😂

They all litter terribly! Especially considering they are outside of their house! So have access to a bin! Our local park has been doing loads during the whole of lockdown. They never go! Its a 5 min walk. They go out with their grandma and the dad must have alternative weekends.
They took all the noise out the back garden tonight for once which I dont mind. There are around 5 of them in a pool and they are holding one anothers head down for way too long! I sound like a right busy body! But they could bloody drown one another. One parent just knocked on their front door and told his two kids to come home...at least there is one responsible parent. The father of 3 is letting them drown one another.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I'd just tell them if they continue to do it, I would be reporting them to the police as its an obstruction issue. I'd tell the Police someone in the house has a medical issue which could require an ambulance at some point. They will be told to move it. Down our street we had an oaf who used to park on the grass and half of the pavement so people in wheelchairs and with buggies etc, had to walk in the road. The Police told him to get it shifted.
It's not though, it's only an obstruction if you block someone in the drive not out of it. I also found out the other week that its not illegal for others to actually park on your drive. 😯

• Wow
Reactions: 4
You can get Alexa to play white noise if you have one 😊
Never knew this😮, I do have Alexa. I've just bought a white noise machine off Amazon, they are quite good. I love White Noise. Normally used a fan but it broke and plus be getting too cold for that soon.

I feel for anyone, going through it myself, it's draining. Not nice. Currently looking for another place, I hate the area and house I'm in anyway and then you add this on as well, that's why.

Lol you must live near me ? I am also demented by the neighbours dog barking all day and night. And her occasionally shouting at it to shut up, which it takes 0 notice of.
I don't get why they don't say anything to it or bring inside? Not everyone wants to listen to your pet. Be thoughtful.

My neighbours daughter keeps parking an inch away from my garden gate and completely blocking me in so I have to go out the back instead. Would it be rude to put a note on her car telling her to leave the gate clear? She’s taking the bleeping piss but im never able to catch her in person to say anything..!
I have one like that, round the back. Sometimes I can just about get the bin outside the gate. Or if I want to go out the back door, have to squeeze through. People have no sense I swear.

Last edited:
My neighbour is currently out doing work in his front garden and his wife was away with the car. I was in the garden letting my dogs out and she came back and someone had parked in the space she left, bearing in mind they have a drive that can fit 3 cars. She opened the window of the car and said ‘ffs where am I supposed to park’ and her husband replied ‘I know it’s a joke you leave for 10mins and someone steals your space, paying road tax for nothing’

I really wanted to shout ARE YOU FOR bleeping REAL?!?! YOU are the reason other people can’t get parked near their homes because you don’t use your bleeping drive!

Happy Friday.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
My over the road and down one neighbour has taken to parking his hideous work van right outside my house on the opposite side of the road. It’s absolutely massive and bright white with chevrons and horrible massive writing. Last weekend be parked it fri-Monday and I think he’s going to do the same this weekend. Next Friday I’m going to put my car in that spot so he can’t🥲

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My over the road and down one neighbour has taken to parking his hideous work van right outside my house on the opposite side of the road. It’s absolutely massive and bright white with chevrons and horrible massive writing. Last weekend be parked it fri-Monday and I think he’s going to do the same this weekend. Next Friday I’m going to put my car in that spot so he can’t🥲

I remember the days when large vans and commercial vans were not allowed to park in residential areas, they had to park in HGV parking or industrial areas. I also remember if you parked on the ends of the roads blocking the view of crossway traffic you were ticketed or towed. To be honest I wish it was as strict with large vans, Not so bad now as I have a larger car but when I had a polo it was a nightmare trying to edge out so I could see.

Reactions: 3
My next door neighbours constant slamming of their front door everytime they open it. I hope one day they slam it off its hinges 🤣

So recently, kids near us have taken it upon themselves to climb over fences to retrieve footballs and tennis balls. I have caught them twice, didn't go mad but just said please come round the front and knock on because i don't want you falling.
Well, you can guess what happened yesterday. Ball comes over, kid, about 9yo, climbs up my 5.5ft back fence...loses footing and face plants in my back garden. I just glanced him falling so could do nothing to prevent it. I was on my way to unlocking my back door when my doorbell frantically goes and its his skally mum asking me to open the gate so she can get him. She must have been watching to come round so quickly. I silently open my gate, let her in to scoop him up and said nothing and then she starts going mad at me for showing no emotion and had my gate not been locked this would not have happened. Sorry what? I explained I told them to come knock on as I didn't want them falling so there is no sympathy from me at all. Sorry but they have been told and any parent who thinks its ok for their kid to climb over into someones garden needs their head feeling. If that had have been me when i was a kid my dad would have asked to be let in and then threw me back over the fence and then frog marched me to the neighbour to apologise in person 😅
I don't hate kids, I am aunty to 11 and we are trying for our first. Kids play out i get that and its great they arent glued to an XBox all day long but for duck sake teach them about the concept of other peoples property and its not ok to climb over peoples fences.
As for the lad who fell, sprained wrist and bruises. Still have zero sympathy.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
My next door neighbours constant slamming of their front door everytime they open it. I hope one day they slam it off its hinges 🤣

So recently, kids near us have taken it upon themselves to climb over fences to retrieve footballs and tennis balls. I have caught them twice, didn't go mad but just said please come round the front and knock on because i don't want you falling.
Well, you can guess what happened yesterday. Ball comes over, kid, about 9yo, climbs up my 5.5ft back fence...loses footing and face plants in my back garden. I just glanced him falling so could do nothing to prevent it. I was on my way to unlocking my back door when my doorbell frantically goes and its his skally mum asking me to open the gate so she can get him. She must have been watching to come round so quickly. I silently open my gate, let her in to scoop him up and said nothing and then she starts going mad at me for showing no emotion and had my gate not been locked this would not have happened. Sorry what? I explained I told them to come knock on as I didn't want them falling so there is no sympathy from me at all. Sorry but they have been told and any parent who thinks its ok for their kid to climb over into someones garden needs their head feeling. If that had have been me when i was a kid my dad would have asked to be let in and then threw me back over the fence and then frog marched me to the neighbour to apologise in person 😅
I don't hate kids, I am aunty to 11 and we are trying for our first. Kids play out i get that and its great they arent glued to an XBox all day long but for duck sake teach them about the concept of other peoples property and its not ok to climb over peoples fences.
Omg cheeky witch! I'd have been mortified if my son had done that! As you say, he'd have had a clip around the ear. You should have sent her over the fence head first 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I can't believe that there are still decent people like the above two posters.

Most people, come and give you a mouthful of abuse after their sprog hurts himself/herself after illegally entering your property.

What a cheek! Its just this horrible mentality they have where everyone should just bow down to their sodding convenience! Hopefully he will think on before he does it again!
Kids used to do it round mine when I was young, a girl gouged her leg on a nail... never did it again! Mind we are in the days now where her parents would sue the unsuspecting neighbours for having a nail sticking out 🙄

Reactions: 8
Mine asked me in the middle of the street why my husband doesn't get a vasectomy if we don't want more children 🤷🏼‍♀️ I've never said we don't want more and I'm not sure where that comment came from as it was so random 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Caught a neighbour this morning on my camera kicking litter over onto my side 🙄 wtf
My mum caught her neighbour throwing his dog's poo into her garden one day. This had been happening for a while here and there but this was the first time she had caught him in the act. No bad blood between him and my parents - they have been neighbours for over 30 years - although the guy is known to be a bit of an asshole. Anyway, my dad went and had a word and he now throws his dog's poo into the neighbours on the other side instead. Not even joking. My parents have seen him do it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
My mum caught her neighbour throwing his dog's poo into her garden one day. This had been happening for a while here and there but this was the first time she had caught him in the act. No bad blood between him and my parents - they have been neighbours for over 30 years - although the guy is known to be a bit of an asshole. Anyway, my dad went and had a word and he now throws his dog's poo into the neighbours on the other side instead. Not even joking. My parents have seen him do it.
We had this once with an older lady! Didn't see her do it and she claimed that another neighbour's dog (said neighbour visited her daily) had jumped over the gate. I was in bed and didn't hear said neighbour or any dog, and I think he would have made an effort to clean up. Really not sure why she did that

Same here. We take each others parcels in... im just totally shocked. Not really sure what to do. Could go out and push it all back ontk his side... but its still on the public path, just outside our house not his so might just report it to the council instead

Same here. We take each others parcels in... im just totally shocked. Not really sure what to do. Could go out and push it all back ontk his side... but its still on the public path, just outside our house not his so might just report it to the council instead
If you want to be super petty, collect it all on top of one bag and leave it by his bins/in his eyesight

My mum did this with a neighbour who wasn't clearing up after her dog once. I came back from school and I remember the neighbour was sat waiting for me to tell us how rude we were for doing that 😬

• Haha
If you want to be super petty, collect it all on top of one bag and leave it by his bins/in his eyesight

My mum did this with a neighbour who wasn't clearing up after her dog once. I came back from school and I remember the neighbour was sat waiting for me to tell us how rude we were for doing that 😬
Ppl have some front! I have a fair amount of problem neighbours but I didn't consider him 1 of them lol 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.