Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Caught a neighbour this morning on my camera kicking litter over onto my side 🙄 wtf
I caught the old crank doing this outside mine the other day! I couldn’t believe it. Him and his wife have the outside of their house, front and back, bleached so much their pavement is lighter than everyone else’s. And there he was on camera, brushing all the rubbish down the street without a shovel in sight 🤬

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I caught the old crank doing this outside mine the other day! I couldn’t believe it. Him and his wife have the outside of their house, front and back, bleached so much their pavement is lighter than everyone else’s. And there he was on camera, brushing all the rubbish down the street without a shovel in sight 🤬
BLEACHED?

Reactions: 3
Caught a neighbour this morning on my camera kicking litter over onto my side 🙄 wtf
My neighbours picks leaves up (not my trees, I only have shrubs) and throws them over my fence 😂

My mum caught her neighbour throwing his dog's poo into her garden one day. This had been happening for a while here and there but this was the first time she had caught him in the act. No bad blood between him and my parents - they have been neighbours for over 30 years - although the guy is known to be a bit of an asshole. Anyway, my dad went and had a word and he now throws his dog's poo into the neighbours on the other side instead. Not even joking. My parents have seen him do it.
Oh yes, they do this too … any cat poo found in her garden must be mine, even though there are 50 billion neighbourhood cats, and therefore needs to be thrown at my front door.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I thought I was getting somewhere with the police about my harassing neighbour - 4 years and counting. Turns out the officer who is dealing with it is now lying to me about what they've been doing with the case (said that my neighbour had been visited when I know damn well she hasn't). I tried to get an update via 101 by giving them the log number and they told me the case has been closed ... again 🤬

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Today I took a black bin bag full of rubbish, to put into my green bin (generel rubbish where I live). When I opened my bin, it was full with other people's rubbish. On the top of the pile, there was a full carrier bag with flies in it god knows what was in the bag. I wish I knew which of my scumbag neighbours did this.
I knocked on the window of the neighbour who has the ground floor flat facing the communal yard where the bins are kept, but he didn't answer. So I phoned my housing association. The responces I received were "it is very difficult to police" and "you can put almost anything in a generel rubbish bin, and it will be collected."

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Somebody, (sorry can’t remember who) on this or previous was having issues with a neighbour and their security cameras. a court case has taken place, camera owner lost, ordered to pay 100 grand, breach of privacy

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Somebody, (sorry can’t remember who) on this or previous was having issues with a neighbour and their security cameras. a court case has taken place, camera owner lost, ordered to pay 100 grand, breach of privacy
Interesting.

My neighbour has her ring doorbell in her back garden facing our fence. She can't see anything but I know she uses it to listen to my conversations. it's not pointing to her back gate or on her back door it's just pointing at the fence 🤣

I have a water feature on the fence to try to stop her from hearing, it has been off for a while as not in the garden much but received a complaint via local council noise people so put it back on. Last two days she is opening her door to slam it again

Is anyone good at memes or giffs that could make a amazing door slam ?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1
This is an absolutely terrible judgement i think.
The police told me i "couldnt" have a ring door bell. Said it was illegal and infringed on my neighbours.

I still have a ring doorbell.
For 1 he was wrong. Its not illegal
For 2 these things come with proximity settings which most normal ppl chop down to JUST their property or it would be forever going off

I dunno about listening into conversations because even AT the front door you can barely make out a word of it!

We got that and other cameras (which do the same thing) due to attempted shed breakins. The police do nothing about that either then have a gl at you like youre in the wrong.

My front garden is about 3 car lengths long so if i put it on live view i can see if a car is parked on the road but not much else 🤷🏻‍♀️

This is an absolutely terrible judgement i think.
The police told me i "couldnt" have a ring door bell. Said it was illegal and infringed on my neighbours.

I still have a ring doorbell.
For 1 he was wrong. Its not illegal
For 2 these things come with proximity settings which most normal ppl chop down to JUST their property or it would be forever going off

I dunno about listening into conversations because even AT the front door you can barely make out a word of it!

We got that and other cameras (which do the same thing) due to attempted shed breakins. The police do nothing about that either then have a gl at you like youre in the wrong.

My front garden is about 3 car lengths long so if i put it on live view i can see if a car is parked on the road but not much else 🤷🏻‍♀️
You can easily hear a conversation with ring and CCTV I now have CCTV and can hear the smallest noise My friend has a ring and can hear people across the road chatting, Maybe you can hear more distant conversations than close up? Also the case isn't what it seems its about storing the footage I didn't read it but someone else said about it on FB.

You can easily hear a conversation with ring and CCTV I now have CCTV and can hear the smallest noise My friend has a ring and can hear people across the road chatting, Maybe you can hear more distant conversations than close up? Also the case isn't what it seems its about storing the footage I didn't read it but someone else said about it on FB.
Ah right standard daily mail

Proper Cctv is much better quality audio than ring.
Ring has a distinct interference noise over the sound. I thought it was just mine until i researched other security cameras (for my sheds) and noted the same noise on those videos. That distortion makes it difficult to hear every word of a conversation.

Fair enough if ppl are using it for spying on people its not on but equally, my neighbour sits at their window all day with it open which i would say is the same level of invasion. I wonder how they knew the neighbour was saving footage though. Very strange!

I am a firm believer of protecting my property, as far as im concerned if you cross my boundary you subject yourself to being filmed. My ring camera going on every time my neighbour uses my drive has certainly stopped her doing that! Now she's found her steering wheel again 😂
And having cameras on the side has stopped people jumping over to try the sheds so its win win as far as im concerned.

Quick one; has anyone done any sound insulation in a new build, doors being slammed shut at all hours are driving me mad!

Interesting.

My neighbour has her ring doorbell in her back garden facing our fence. She can't see anything but I know she uses it to listen to my conversations. it's not pointing to her back gate or on her back door it's just pointing at the fence 🤣

I have a water feature on the fence to try to stop her from hearing, it has been off for a while as not in the garden much but received a complaint via local council noise people so put it back on. Last two days she is opening her door to slam it again

Is anyone good at memes or giffs that could make a amazing door slam ?
I'd go outside and talk about the most outlandish crap.

I'd go outside and talk about the most outlandish crap.
Me and my friend do now, but like Friday had an official coming to see me and had to ask them not to say anything about our business while in the garden.; Who the duck has to do that.

I do have a water feature that hopefully is louder than our voices. Although keep getting letters from the local council saying she says it's too loud.

• Sad
Me and my friend do now, but like Friday had an official coming to see me and had to ask them not to say anything about our business while in the garden.; Who the duck has to do that.

I do have a water feature that hopefully is louder than our voices. Although keep getting letters from the local council saying she says it's too loud.
Yea it’s out of order, some people are just unbelievable.

I have to ask people not to speak in the garden as my neighbour comes out of her house and stands against the fence and listens. She’s nuts. Does it every time there’s a workman in my garden or on my driveway.

She’s now got a Ring doorbell so I’m pretty certain she’s inside listening to my conversations from the comfort of her armchair but I don’t know how to prove it.

That case was won primarily on the audio factor and that he lied to her about what the cameras were picking up and he was sharing data with other neighbours.

I have to ask people not to speak in the garden as my neighbour comes out of her house and stands against the fence and listens. She’s nuts. Does it every time there’s a workman in my garden or on my driveway.

She’s now got a Ring doorbell so I’m pretty certain she’s inside listening to my conversations from the comfort of her armchair but I don’t know how to prove it.

That case was won primarily on the audio factor and that he lied to her about what the cameras were picking up and he was sharing data with other neighbours.
Sounds exactly like mine! She stopped coming out every time I went into the garden and I thought maybe had enough of my boring self. But then I was putting up a hanging basket and see the ring cam pointing directly at me. Didn't think too much of it as didn't know what it was then my friend said she has one and can hear people chatting across the road.. So I got the water feature and now she is back to coming outside every time I go outside.. So Im hoping the water is blocking the voices

Sounds exactly like mine! She stopped coming out every time I went into the garden and I thought maybe had enough of my boring self. But then I was putting up a hanging basket and see the ring cam pointing directly at me. Didn't think too much of it as didn't know what it was then my friend said she has one and can hear people chatting across the road.. So I got the water feature and now she is back to coming outside every time I go outside.. So Im hoping the water is blocking the voices
I completely sympathise. I hate that I have to watch what I'm saying on my own property. I can't have a water feature at that side of my house, unfortunately, but I'm hoping my shrubs and a small fence are blocking some audio.

Can you play white noise or whale sounds?
I could, I suppose. It's just annoying having to remember whenever I go in or out of the house. Shouldn't have to do anything really. I believe recording audio like this is illegal in the US ... should be the same here.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.