Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The "lady" next door has now started to cut the tops of my climbers as soon as they peek over her side of the fence.
Honestly, I must live in her head 24/7 for her to still be doing all this crap.

I'm going to state tit for tatt now. putting cams up so she can see them, she is paranoid everyone just watches her all day so now will play in that. This person has moved so much, always due to bad neighbours, but seems to like it here and that's because I'm very quiet and don't complain about anything. That's going to change. I'm taking note of everything that is pissing you all off and going to do that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My neighbours are sooooo loud. The man has the biggest booming voice I’ve ever head and the daughter runs up and down the house screaming (today it was 7.30am she was bouncing a ball the lounge and I could hear it from my bedroom 🙄)
WTF
Alexa play drum and bass ..... 😈

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The "lady" next door has now started to cut the tops of my climbers as soon as they peek over her side of the fence.
Honestly, I must live in her head 24/7 for her to still be doing all this crap.

I'm going to state tit for tatt now. putting cams up so she can see them, she is paranoid everyone just watches her all day so now will play in that. This person has moved so much, always due to bad neighbours, but seems to like it here and that's because I'm very quiet and don't complain about anything. That's going to change. I'm taking note of everything that is pissing you all off and going to do that 😂
This is what mine does too! She's obsessed with anything growing in my garden and will stand at the front of my garden and kind of survey the garden in case I've planted something else. She once nicked all my plant labels!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Our neighbour is of that age where men in particular seem to be obsessed with cutting grass. It’s literally all he does. He has a large lawn that goes down the side of and behind our house, but now he’s take it upon himself to mow the grass verges for about a mile in each direction at the front, and the large grass council owned island to the right. It’s not even like it’s along a quiet little road, it’s a big 50 mph A road. Why???

So by the time he’s finished, it’s time to start again, it’s like it’s every day of the month, wrap around 360 degree, poxy push along petrol mower sound. It’s driving me crazy. Every single day, we hear him start up again, no respite.

He’s had two operations on his hands, and no wonder - it must be causing nerve damage. His wife has moved out about a year ago and I wonder if he’s got worse since. They’re still together but now she lives in a nice flat elsewhere ( no lawn 😂).

I don’t want to be unreasonable if this is is his only hobby but it’s feeling really intrusive and is constantly shattering our peace, especially with windows open in the summer. I think he feels he’s doing the neighbourhood a massive favour but in reality everyone thinks he’s a nuisance. I’m a big fan of wild flowers and pollinators but now all the daisys and butter cups are gone, and instead we are surrounded by grass about an inch long that is dry and lifeless.

I’m not sure how to handle this as he’s a really nice guy but I think I need to say something, especially with a baby on the way. I don’t want to snap and go flying out in a rage which I’m on the verge of. ( no pun intended). His own lawn is one thing but I feel he should leave the verges alone..

• Heart
Reactions: 7
We can't have anything on our adjoining fence.
I had some of those planters that have hooks on. She tipped them off in the middle of the night so when I woke up all the plants had been destroyed by passing wildlife and we had to clear up tit tons of soil and gravel.
Cannot stand her.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Our neighbour is of that age where men in particular seem to be obsessed with cutting grass. It’s literally all he does. He has a large lawn that goes down the side of and behind our house, but now he’s take it upon himself to mow the grass verges for about a mile in each direction at the front, and the large grass council owned island to the right. It’s not even like it’s along a quiet little road, it’s a big 50 mph A road. Why???

So by the time he’s finished, it’s time to start again, it’s like it’s every day of the month, wrap around 360 degree, poxy push along petrol mower sound. It’s driving me crazy. Every single day, we hear him start up again, no respite.

He’s had two operations on his hands, and no wonder - it must be causing nerve damage. His wife has moved out about a year ago and I wonder if he’s got worse since. They’re still together but now she lives in a nice flat elsewhere ( no lawn 😂).

I don’t want to be unreasonable if this is is his only hobby but it’s feeling really intrusive and is constantly shattering our peace, especially with windows open in the summer. I think he feels he’s doing the neighbourhood a massive favour but in reality everyone thinks he’s a nuisance. I’m a big fan of wild flowers and pollinators but now all the daisys and butter cups are gone, and instead we are surrounded by grass about an inch long that is dry and lifeless.

I’m not sure how to handle this as he’s a really nice guy but I think I need to say something, especially with a baby on the way. I don’t want to snap and go flying out in a rage which I’m on the verge of. ( no pun intended). His own lawn is one thing but I feel he should leave the verges alone..
Send an anonymous message to the council

He is cutting their grass without permission. In theory could be classed as criminal damage

Reactions: 4

What about suggesting he helps out the elderly and disabled who need their lawns cutting or garden tidying? I'm disabled and someone like that would be a great help to me.

Send an anonymous message to the council

He is cutting their grass without permission. In theory could be classed as criminal damage
They really don't care about things like that. at the moment the councils are not doing all the verges because of cost-cutting but they are saying it's for wildlife so people don't get pissed off. but its actually dangerous

Reactions: 6
They really don't care about things like that. at the moment the councils are not doing all the verges because of cost-cutting but they are saying it's for wildlife so people don't get pissed off. but its actually dangerous
Oh I totally agree there verges near me are a nightmare

Just thought if the OP wants to do something "officially" it is her only route really

Near me locals took a really overgrown alleyway into their own hands only for the council to turn up the next day to clear it! The council then did a passive aggressive Facebook post about criminal damage and damaging properties and risk to people hurting themselves or others doing it themselves. No thanks for clearing a path that was dangerous!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Our neighbour mows his lawn every couple of days. Its ridiculous 😂 i dont mind as hes one of the decent ones but its a running joke in our house. The clampets over the road have a different car there every day. I think after losing her job she has taken up another job if you know what I mean 😂 i wish i had a way to start this rumour

• Haha
Came back to catch our neighbour peeping through a hole to watch the other neighbour's barbecue 😬 awks

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Our neighbour cuts his grass every few days aswell. He’s not young at all, lands out with the vest, big headphones and cap and mows the lawn dancing away 😂 if we don’t see him for a few days we are like where is he. 😂 running joke in our house. He takes his gardening very seriously. I think another neighbours dog done a poo on his lawn one time (out of order) and the next thing he has a sign on his fence saying no dogs are to go 💩 on his lawn 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Our neighbours daughter is like.. ERE MAM, MAM...MAM, do you want VINEGAR with your chips MAM? in a screaming shrill voice. The neighbour was then bragging that her daughter works for Boris Johnson!!. I just felt like telling her to duck right off. Some people are just idiots.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Our neighbours (Husband, Wife 2 Daughters about 13, 15 yrs old) have 3 huge 4X4 cars. One is the husbands, one is the wife’s and the third one is some sort of shared one that they use when they go camping and holds loads of camping equipment.

My family, (Me 20’s, Dad, Mum) have a car each. Our house is long and we can fit all our cars outside our house. Our driveway is narrow and we all work at different times so we never use our drive way. Their drive way is a lot wider than ours, and don’t use theirs either.

Neighbours: husband works from home and the wife works full time. One of their 3 4X4s is always parked bang outside our gates (driveway) so instead of fitting all 3 of our cars outside we can only fit 1 behind their 4X4 monster truck.

Although we don’t use our drive way and yes we don’t own the road:LOL:, it’s starting to annoy me.

My dad has asked them nicely in the past not to block our drive, as on the days he’s not working he likes to come onto the drive and clean his car. And they always respond “yes we’ll move it later” but they continue to park there.

Do I sound petty or would you be annoyed by this too?

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Our neighbours (Husband, Wife 2 Daughters about 13, 15 yrs old) have 3 huge 4X4 cars. One is the husbands, one is the wife’s and the third one is some sort of shared one that they use when they go camping and holds loads of camping equipment.

My family, (Me 20’s, Dad, Mum) have a car each. Our house is long and we can fit all our cars outside our house. Our driveway is narrow and we all work at different times so we never use our drive way. Their drive way is a lot wider than ours, and don’t use theirs either.

Neighbours: husband works from home and the wife works full time. One of their 3 4X4s is always parked bang outside our gates (driveway) so instead of fitting all 3 of our cars outside we can only fit 1 behind their 4X4 monster truck.

Although we don’t use our drive way and yes we don’t own the road:LOL:, it’s starting to annoy me.

My dad has asked them nicely in the past not to block our drive, as on the days he’s not working he likes to come onto the drive and clean his car. And they always respond “yes we’ll move it later” but they continue to park there.

As someone who has a neighbour that doesn’t use their drive, I can’t sympathise 😂 yes they shouldn’t block your drive but it would only bug me if it was actually being used. My street is very busy and my neighbour parking on the street when his drive can fit 3 cars at least is really bloody annoying when I come home and can’t get parked anywhere near my house.

I'd just tell them if they continue to do it, I would be reporting them to the police as its an obstruction issue. I'd tell the Police someone in the house has a medical issue which could require an ambulance at some point. They will be told to move it. Down our street we had an oaf who used to park on the grass and half of the pavement so people in wheelchairs and with buggies etc, had to walk in the road. The Police told him to get it shifted.

Reactions: 2
I don't park in my drive but only because the children next door to me and all of their friends play kerbs against my kerb and no one elses. The noise of the ball and ball banging agaisnt my car, my front door, living room window etc drove me distracted and I now purposely park on the road to block the kerb.

We face onto a massive green area and the kids and their friends often just hang around on our shared wall or right outside my drive (and often in it too) rather than play on the green. Once or twice they play in the shared side entrance we have between our two houses. It drives me demented as they are so loud and they stay out late during summer holidays. Summer holidays in Ireland are long...like 2 months for primary and 3 for secondary. I cant wait until they all go back to school and they will hopefully be going in earlier. I just want a bit of peace and quiet.

It actually really gets me down sometimes as I just want an occasional early night. It annoys me as when I drive through the estate no other house has a dozen kids outside their house. There is 3 kids next door to me and 1 next door to them on the other side but they draw all the kids to our row. The 3 kids mum died before I moved in and I feel bad for them...this was like 5 years ago but my patience is wearing thing. I live there 3.5 years. I feel i can't saying anything to the dad as kids are allowed play but i just wish they were more aware of the fact they have neighbours who have to get up for work in the morning and maybe play on the green a bit more. It's a bloody massive green. The Dad is friendly and we make chit chat but not sure how he would take it. My mum thinks I am over reacting which really annoys me too! On top of that they often leave their litter on the road and none of the parents or kids pick it up.

Sorry for the long rant.

• Sad
I don't park in my drive but only because the children next door to me and all of their friends play kerbs against my kerb and no one elses. The noise of the ball and ball banging agaisnt my car, my front door, living room window etc drove me distracted and I now purposely park on the road to block the kerb.

We face onto a massive green area and the kids and their friends often just hang around on our shared wall or right outside my drive (and often in it too) rather than play on the green. Once or twice they play in the shared side entrance we have between our two houses. It drives me demented as they are so loud and they stay out late during summer holidays. Summer holidays in Ireland are long...like 2 months for primary and 3 for secondary. I cant wait until they all go back to school and they will hopefully be going in earlier. I just want a bit of peace and quiet.

It actually really gets me down sometimes as I just want an occasional early night. It annoys me as when I drive through the estate no other house has a dozen kids outside their house. There is 3 kids next door to me and 1 next door to them on the other side but they draw all the kids to our row. The 3 kids mum died before I moved in and I feel bad for them...this was like 5 years ago but my patience is wearing thing. I live there 3.5 years. I feel i can't saying anything to the dad as kids are allowed play but i just wish they were more aware of the fact they have neighbours who have to get up for work in the morning and maybe play on the green a bit more. It's a bloody massive green. The Dad is friendly and we make chit chat but not sure how he would take it. My mum thinks I am over reacting which really annoys me too! On top of that they often leave their litter on the road and none of the parents or kids pick it up.

Sorry for the long rant.
Its just the absolute lack of consideration. How can you bring up considerate kids when you are totally blind to things like this?
The brats in my street play in my front garden! Its totally open to the road, we cant afford to gate it yet and the little sh*ts are always playing or sitting in my garden. They dont care either. If I start my car they just look at you vacant, no idea that I need to drive through them to get out.

Mother is a right b*tch too. Always drunk. Gave me a mouthful of abuse when her kid was damaging my car. Absolute scum of the earth. I am pretty sure the council have had a word. When I complained they said I wasn't the first.
Problem is theres hardly any council houses left in my street. Everyone is lovely bar maybe 3 houses all of which are council tenants. 1 house is drug dealers and 1 house is this b*tch who along with her feral children has already been kicked out of 1 council house for anti social behaviour!

Why do they insist on putting them here?!

Its just the absolute lack of consideration. How can you bring up considerate kids when you are totally blind to things like this?
The brats in my street play in my front garden! Its totally open to the road, we cant afford to gate it yet and the little sh*ts are always playing or sitting in my garden. They dont care either. If I start my car they just look at you vacant, no idea that I need to drive through them to get out.

Mother is a right b*tch too. Always drunk. Gave me a mouthful of abuse when her kid was damaging my car. Absolute scum of the earth. I am pretty sure the council have had a word. When I complained they said I wasn't the first.
Problem is theres hardly any council houses left in my street. Everyone is lovely bar maybe 3 houses all of which are council tenants. 1 house is drug dealers and 1 house is this b*tch who along with her feral children has already been kicked out of 1 council house for anti social behaviour!

Why do they insist on putting them here?!
It's not just me so! I grew up in a council estate..my parents bought the house not that it makes a difference but we (my brother and our friends) were brought up to treat our neighbours with respect. We played but we werent doing it right outside people's houses or in their gardens. I think parents raising the current generation are very different to our parents. This estate is a private estate but there are one or two houses the council have bought (at least not sure how many exactly). One lovely lady is in one of the council houses and she is a great neighbour. But I know from my parents estate that some council tenants are a nightmare.

Part of me doesnt want to say anything as I don't want the kids to realise it annoys me as sometimes that would encourage them! I have given out when the ball hits the window and asked them to move on to the green. They listen for a bit and then back right outside hence why I now park my car right outside the garden rather than in the drive.

I would love to put a gate up but I have hedging on one side and at the front and a wall on the other side. I don't want to get rid of the hedge as the wall might draw them even more and they would sit on it etc.

I would love to win the lotto and move to a detached house with a bit of land. I can live in hope 😂. I have other issues with the house that annoy me and I don't plan to be here long term. I bought the house at 28 / 29 on my own..something I am really proud of and it kills me that I am not happy here and am day dreaming about moving! It's an expensive mistake and hard to know how not to make the same mistake again...houses are the biggest purchase of our lives and yet we can only view them for relatively short periods of time. It seemed like a very quiet area, i knew the estate as I am from the same village. I asked local people living there that I knew etc so I feel like I did everything I could but still there are issues!

My neighbours on the other side also have drinking sessions every now and again until around 3am and can be loud! Thank goodness I am not attached to the house with the 3 kids. My parents live in a terrace and our neighbours have been the same for 35 years and both so quiet and really nice people.

Last edited:
It's not just me so! I grew up in a council estate..my parents bought the house not that it makes a difference but we (my brother and our friends) were brought up to treat our neighbours with respect. We played but we werent doing it right outside people's houses or in their gardens. I think parents raising the current generation are very different to our parents. This estate is a private estate but there are one or two houses the council have bought (at least not sure how many exactly). One lovely lady is in one of the council houses and she is a great neighbour. But I know from my parents estate that some council tenants are a nightmare.

Part of me doesnt want to say anything as I don't want the kids to realise it annoys me as sometimes that would encourage them! I have given out when the ball hits the window and asked them to move on to the green. They listen for a bit and then back right outside hence why I now park my car right outside the garden rather than in the drive.

I would love to put a gate up but I have hedging on one side and at the front and a wall on the other side. I don't want to get rid of the hedge as the wall might draw them even more and they would sit on it etc.

I would love to win the lotto and move to a detached house with a bit of land. I can live in hope 😂. I have other issues with the house that annoy me and I don't plan to be here long term. I bought the house at 28 / 29 on my own..something I am really proud of and it kills me that I am not happy here and am day dreaming about moving! It's an expensive mistake and hard to know how not to make the same mistake again...houses are the biggest purchase of our lives and yet we can only view them for relatively short periods of time. It seemed like a very quiet area, i knew the estate as I am from the same village. I asked local people living there that I knew etc so I feel like I did everything I could but still there are issues!

My neighbours on the other side also have drinking sessions every now and again until around 3am and can be loud! Thank goodness I am not attached to the house with the 3 kids. My parents live in a terrace and our neighbours have been the same for 35 years and both so quiet and really nice people.
Its just so sad when you cant enjoy your own home because of others. I hide when im in the house alone at a weekend and the kids are out. I know for a fact they just want attention as they are being badly brought up by a mother who was obviously dragged up too! Because she keeps popping them out theres not gonna be any rest either! Every year a new brat!

I often dream about moving but we cant afford it. Our house is massive, bar these couple of neighbours its ideal position for work, family, travelling to the coast or countryside. Whenever I look on rightmove i would be looking at 100k more just to get an equivalent house in a nicer area 🙄

• Sad
Its just so sad when you cant enjoy your own home because of others. I hide when im in the house alone at a weekend and the kids are out. I know for a fact they just want attention as they are being badly brought up by a mother who was obviously dragged up too! Because she keeps popping them out theres not gonna be any rest either! Every year a new brat!

I often dream about moving but we cant afford it. Our house is massive, bar these couple of neighbours its ideal position for work, family, travelling to the coast or countryside. Whenever I look on rightmove i would be looking at 100k more just to get an equivalent house in a nicer area 🙄
Ya it's like the parents are happy as long as the kids are out of the house but don't give a toss about their behaviour or the state that they leave the road in. I got out with a black bag picking up their rubbish every now and again. I refuse to do it all the time because I am curious to see if other neighbours will do it too. But more often than not they don't! If I had kids I would be mortified if I saw someone picking up my kids litter.

I think Covid and lockdowns and the lack of travel hasnt helped as I was always in the house. The families with the kids NEVER go anywhere. Not even little day trips to the beach or countryside. They are just constantly there. I try to plan my weekend to be away in the afternoon and evening so as to get some peace and I dread going home to see how many will be sitting outside my drive.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.