Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
has anyone been for mediation with a neighbour? I live in HA and have been using an app to record their noise for 2 1/2 months although it’s been going on the whole year I’ve lived here.
Im in a middle new build and one side are fine the other is just horrendous.. 2 kids constantly slamming doors (its that bad my pictures fall off my walls) screaming and stomping around from the moment they get home from school until they go to bed at half 10 at night.. every single day without fail. I’m at my wits end. Have to have my tv on so loud to block it out. HA have said it doesn’t constitute asb and that I just need to deal with the fact a new build has tit sound proofing And that we have a clash of lifestyles 🙄 all they can offer is mediation. Has anyone done this, just wondering what to expect as it bothers me that much I can see myself just bursting into tears as soon as I need to explain to anyone the impact it’s having on me and my daughter while I try to wfh and she’s studying for her a levels 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 5
has anyone been for mediation with a neighbour? I live in HA and have been using an app to record their noise for 2 1/2 months although it’s been going on the whole year I’ve lived here.
Im in a middle new build and one side are fine the other is just horrendous.. 2 kids constantly slamming doors (its that bad my pictures fall off my walls) screaming and stomping around from the moment they get home from school until they go to bed at half 10 at night.. every single day without fail. I’m at my wits end. Have to have my tv on so loud to block it out. HA have said it doesn’t constitute asb and that I just need to deal with the fact a new build has tit sound proofing And that we have a clash of lifestyles 🙄 all they can offer is mediation. Has anyone done this, just wondering what to expect as it bothers me that much I can see myself just bursting into tears as soon as I need to explain to anyone the impact it’s having on me and my daughter while I try to wfh and she’s studying for her a levels 🙁
I know this isn’t what you want to hear but you’re going to have to move.
These people will always be like this, they’re not going to suddenly be quiet if you get mediation.
In fact I’m willing to bet they’ll be louder to get rid of you.
I had to move to get away from a neighbour who would knock on the walls at 3-4am every night, I was a nervous wreck, I’d wake up in a panic most nights.
All because I dared ask her to turn down the music one Tuesday morning at 3am…
These people can’t be quiet or normal, this is how they are.

Reactions: 10
These people will always be like this, they’re not going to suddenly be quiet if you get mediation.
I had to move to get away from a neighbour who would knock on the walls at 3-4am every night, I was a nervous wreck, I’d wake up in a panic most nights.
I agree. These sort of people cannot be reasoned with. They simply do not have the ability to comprehend how their behaviour affects other people.

We have the same attached to us. We are saving for a detached, it will take us a few more years, but we will finally get a bit of peace!

Reactions: 4
Mediation was offered with my ex neighbour. I'm not sure how it would work with the numerous letters he's already received about his noise.

He then get kicked out of the area as he got an asbo for fighting.

It's now bliss here. I only hear (I'm on the ground floor) my neighbours go in and out.

I never understand the mentality of people who want to live in a warzone. Its clearly come from generations of people who think its acceptable to live like that and argue with neighbours 🙄
The woman across from me seem(ed) to think this was a bloody holiday camp in the summer. Sitting outside blasting her crap music out of what sounded like a tin can with her spotify adverts constantly on repeat
I think the council MUST have had a word though. When i spoke to them they said I wasnt the only person and fingers crossed she has been much quieter and her vile feral kids havent been playing in the street as much (or in my garden)

She is the absolute pits of humanity though. I know her family and they are scum too.

I work full time, when I am finished at work I dont want to argue with my neighbours. I dont want to have to parent their kids. I just want a quiet life!
I think the biggest issue is that councils insist on breaking ip the wronguns and putting them in decent communities to try influence them to stop being feral. This in reality NEVER works and they bring down an area.

The council have recently put in 2 families of thieves and now shed breakins have increased... does it TAKE a genius to work out that puzzle?

They should put them altogether, yea it may be a ghetto but so... thats not my problem then! They can all fight like minded people and be happy in their toxic thick lifestyle forever

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Unfortunately moving just isn’t an option. My home is in the village I grew up in, my daughter is in education near by, close to my work and most importantly my family (including my grandad who I care for)
HA homes just don’t come up here. The thing is they aren’t a scumbag family they just don’t seem to care how loud they all are. I’m really hoping the mediation will at least show them the impact of their way of living on others and if it carries on worse after I’ll keep recording them and then the HA would take it as asb.

Reactions: 1
Unfortunately moving just isn’t an option. My home is in the village I grew up in, my daughter is in education near by, close to my work and most importantly my family (including my grandad who I care for)
HA homes just don’t come up here. The thing is they aren’t a scumbag family they just don’t seem to care how loud they all are. I’m really hoping the mediation will at least show them the impact of their way of living on others and if it carries on worse after I’ll keep recording them and then the HA would take it as asb.
How old are the children? Will they be moving out soon? 😭

I live next door to two psycho twins. I am not maternal but lord alive the crying / screaming is enough to glue any ovaries closed. However I really like the parents so just try to ignore as much as possible as I think they’re doing their best! Honestly though I feel like it’s one of those things where the more you hear and think about it the more you work yourself up.

is there anything you can do from a sound proofing POV to try and block it out a bit more? X

When my grandma moved into her house years ago she built another brick wall inside her house to counteract the neighbour noise.
she can’t hear a thing. Obviously you’ll lose a couple of inches off each room but could be an idea

Reactions: 5
When my grandma moved into her house years ago she built another brick wall inside her house to counteract the neighbour noise.
she can’t hear a thing. Obviously you’ll lose a couple of inches off each room but could be an idea
Sound proof boards would take up less room

Heres a question.

If you own a home, I can pay a fee and find out who lives in that house. How about council houses?

Basically there's some kids who are way beyond ASBO, breaking into sheds where I live and the police and council are doing sweet FA about it even with evidence.

I said to the council if your tenant in X address has a child living there around 16-18 called X then that is who is committing these offences. Council being the council and not listening to my question said they couldn't tell me if X lived there.
That wasn't my request. I wanted them to confirm my complaint by checking the tenants and if they confirmed, they would know I was right and could send them a "pack this tit in" letter lol

So... plan A is to find out for myself legally and send a dossier of cctv evidence. Names. Times etc to council and police

Plan b is to get a supersoaker and spray bleach at their clothes... 😂

Reactions: 2
Heres a question.

If you own a home, I can pay a fee and find out who lives in that house. How about council houses?

Basically there's some kids who are way beyond ASBO, breaking into sheds where I live and the police and council are doing sweet FA about it even with evidence.

I said to the council if your tenant in X address has a child living there around 16-18 called X then that is who is committing these offences. Council being the council and not listening to my question said they couldn't tell me if X lived there.
That wasn't my request. I wanted them to confirm my complaint by checking the tenants and if they confirmed, they would know I was right and could send them a "pack this tit in" letter lol

So... plan A is to find out for myself legally and send a dossier of cctv evidence. Names. Times etc to council and police

Plan b is to get a supersoaker and spray bleach at their clothes... 😂
What about 192 or the voting register.

I had mediation with a neighbour arranged by the council & police. Complete waste of time as the other party told a pack of lies & the mediation could not progress to get us in the same room together 🙄

I had mediation with a neighbour arranged by the council & police. Complete waste of time as the other party told a pack of lies & the mediation could not progress to get us in the same room together 🙄
I had mediation on my own in the end no way would I want to be F2F with an aggressive person the outcome was " you have a neighbour who is a problem " :/
I have asked housing and local council to stop sending me any letters of complaint she makes but they have to send them by law, but seems like the law doesn't make them act on anything, just send stupid letters out.

192 is about phone numbers and where you live, Nothing to do with rent or owned private or council :)
Great i will try that. Like i say i just want to do some digging (which wouldve been very easy for the council to just do) i wouldnt want to accuse a household of theft/burglary/antisocial behaviour etc without concrete proof its them... although if its not, they maybe need to lool at why big groups of teens sre congregating at their house!
The worst thing of it is the house attached is for sale (sold)... the poor POOR ppl who have bought that for in this climate a vastly overpriced cost and will potentially have the neighbours from hell

Electoral Roll can be accessed at your local library. You search by the street.
(I’m assuming this is still a thing as I haven’t seen one in about 20 years)

Electoral Roll can be accessed at your local library. You search by the street.
(I’m assuming this is still a thing as I haven’t seen one in about 20 years)
They arent on 192 so i can only assume they are relatively new. Its just so frustrating! The prices of the ex council houses has gone through the roof so its a decent area for schools, transport and local facilities. Dont know where the council found this family but they should do more to support residents when they put in problem neighbours!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.