Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My neighbours daughter keeps parking an inch away from my garden gate and completely blocking me in so I have to go out the back instead. Would it be rude to put a note on her car telling her to leave the gate clear? She’s taking the bleeping piss but im never able to catch her in person to say anything..!

Reactions: 14
My neighbours daughter keeps parking an inch away from my garden gate and completely blocking me in so I have to go out the back instead. Would it be rude to put a note on her car telling her to leave the gate clear? She’s taking the bleeping piss but im never able to catch her in person to say anything..!
Can you speak directly to your neighbour? I would go over and just really politely ask if she could ask her daughter to be mindful of the gate as you're having to go out of the back...

If you aren't on speaking terms yeah I would just stick a bit of paper under her windscreen wiper, again just a really polite note saying you know it's not intentional but can they please leave your gate clear in future?

These neighbour things can escalate so I'd always be super polite to start with before initiating ww3 🤣

Reactions: 10
I have an appointment with the police tomorrow about my crazy nosey neighbour, but every time I speak to police they just treat it as one incident and don't look at the whole picture, despite giving them a very long detailed diary. Does anyone have any experience with getting them to see the whole picture?

Reactions: 4
I have an appointment with the police tomorrow about my crazy nosey neighbour, but every time I speak to police they just treat it as one incident and don't look at the whole picture, despite giving them a very long detailed diary. Does anyone have any experience with getting them to see the whole picture?
When you log new incidents have your previous log number(s) available and ask them to link them.
Like you've pointed out, individual incidents make carry less weight, say for example harassment and stalking denote more than one incident.

We got new people on our street a few months ago.

A few weeks ago we heard shouting and looked out and the woman was arguing with someone in her garden. This went on for ages and all the kids were outside listening to it. She was also arguing with the woman next door to her who was holding her young child and she got right up in her face screaming.

Last night heard more shouting and she was standing at her door screaming at a guy and she said ‘why did your mrs have her baby early? Cause you gave her the clap!’ Then proceeded to clap 🤣🤣 it then went quiet for about 5 minutes then the guy reappeared in a car and she came out filming him and the next thing she bolted back into her house and slammed the door, he was right at the back of her and booted the door twice. He then went to pick up a rock to smash the window but whoever was in the car told him to stop. She was standing at the window giving abuse and winding him up. He then left in the car and shortly after the police arrived. I just hope the police don’t take her side cause the abuse she was shouting at him was ridiculous and she was proper provoking him.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
So I have a neighbour who lives opposite me who is a drug dealer, he has numerous people going into his house all day everyday, even through the lockdowns he didn’t care that he was having people always going into the property, I have filed numerous 101 reports and they finally came and took evidence from the property and he was arrested, he is now on probation and doubt he’s been to court as they are taking ages! It was reported in the local newspaper (not him personally but the road we live on mentioning the raid he had) he stopped for a while after that and now he’s back up to his normal tricks again and having constant visits again, I have reported to 101 again! Nothing seems to be done about him! He rents his house and his landlord doesn’t seem to care, I own my house so it’s not as easy to just get up and move to get away from it

anyone else have issues with drug dealer neighbours or had issues?

• Sad
Reactions: 9
So I have a neighbour who lives opposite me who is a drug dealer, he has numerous people going into his house all day everyday, even through the lockdowns he didn’t care that he was having people always going into the property, I have filed numerous 101 reports and they finally came and took evidence from the property and he was arrested, he is now on probation and doubt he’s been to court as they are taking ages! It was reported in the local newspaper (not him personally but the road we live on mentioning the raid he had) he stopped for a while after that and now he’s back up to his normal tricks again and having constant visits again, I have reported to 101 again! Nothing seems to be done about him! He rents his house and his landlord doesn’t seem to care, I own my house so it’s not as easy to just get up and move to get away from it

anyone else have issues with drug dealer neighbours or had issues?
Yes! I used to call it crack o'clock. The clients would wait on our road for the dealers to drop by. Normally 15-20 minutes and you can always hear them argue or shout how long the "businessmen" are taking. Suddenly one day before lockdown it just stopped. I rarely see them now! I did a few 101 reports but like you I didn't really see results.

Sadly they were probably the better part of the ASB here. Drunks urinating on my doorstep, parked up cars blasting music until at least 3am, screaming, drunken fights on my road are definitely way worse. Someone was stabbed not long ago opposite my house. Sadly it all comes from the bars and clubs nearby. People come onto my road to urinate because there are too few club toilets and public toilets. So people urinate in between parked cars, on walls/fence, some women squat on our doorsteps. Crazy to say that drug dealing is the better of the two evils?!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Yes! I used to call it crack o'clock. The clients would wait on our road for the dealers to drop by. Normally 15-20 minutes and you can always hear them argue or shout how long the "businessmen" are taking. Suddenly one day before lockdown it just stopped. I rarely see them now! I did a few 101 reports but like you I didn't really see results.

Sadly they were probably the better part of the ASB here. Drunks urinating on my doorstep, parked up cars blasting music until at least 3am, screaming, drunken fights on my road are definitely way worse. Someone was stabbed not long ago opposite my house. Sadly it all comes from the bars and clubs nearby. People come onto my road to urinate because there are too few club toilets and public toilets. So people urinate in between parked cars, on walls/fence, some women squat on our doorsteps. Crazy to say that drug dealing is the better of the two evils?!
oh god that sounds awful, he deals weed and not sure if any other things as the weed smell is so strong! The people normally drop in for about 2 minutes and then they are out the door again, he walks his dog with a backpack on quite a few times a day too, that dog must be so healthy with it’s plenty of walks a day 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Sorry to derail the thread but know I do feel for everyone having problems with neighbours as I'm having issues myself.

So basically long story short this person moved in at the back of our house like in an apartment, but the walls between us are a disaster and we can hear everything. We share the same back yard front yard etc.

So I suffer with anxiety and am having a really difficult time at the moment but to make things worse I heard her on the phone the last day, I didn't want to hear it but that's the walls for you, anyway basically she was saying stuff about us and wishing we were gone and I even think she wants our house for herself as we'll all renting.

I was just shocked I suppose it upset me firstly because we've done nothing to her and we are very quiet and don't cause any trouble but I've always got a vibe off her that she didn't like us, for what reason I don't know.

I don't even know why I'm writing this because I feel stupid, it's so childish. It took us ages to find this house and for her to want us gone isn't fair.

I suppose I just need some advice, I wish I had thicker skin.

Any advice appreciated thanks

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Sorry to derail the thread but know I do feel for everyone having problems with neighbours as I'm having issues myself.

So basically long story short this person moved in at the back of our house like in an apartment, but the walls between us are a disaster and we can hear everything. We share the same back yard front yard etc.

So I suffer with anxiety and am having a really difficult time at the moment but to make things worse I heard her on the phone the last day, I didn't want to hear it but that's the walls for you, anyway basically she was saying stuff about us and wishing we were gone and I even think she wants our house for herself as we'll all renting.

I was just shocked I suppose it upset me firstly because we've done nothing to her and we are very quiet and don't cause any trouble but I've always got a vibe off her that she didn't like us, for what reason I don't know.

I don't even know why I'm writing this because I feel stupid, it's so childish. It took us ages to find this house and for her to want us gone isn't fair.

I suppose I just need some advice, I wish I had thicker skin.

Any advice appreciated thanks
Having neighbours who you don't get along with is horrible and is so draining - I know the feeling well. I hope it gets better for you xx

Only thing I can suggest is put a fan on or white noise to cover the noise coming through the walls. And be confident - you have as much right to be there as she does!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
T
Having neighbours who you don't get along with is horrible and is so draining - I know the feeling well. I hope it gets better for you xx
Only thing I can suggest is put a fan on or white noise to cover the noise coming through the walls. And be confident - you have as much right to be there as she does!
Thank you so much for your kind words I really appreciate it.
I have on occasion heard her passing bitchy remarks to her boyfriend when passing our window also and one time she threw post for us at our front door, she didn't even put it in the letter box just threw it there.

I've no idea why she's like this. I think she thinks we're in with the landlord which we're not, yes we've been here longer but that's besides the point.

Sometimes the landlord may message us both about an issue and I'd swear she thinks we're complaining about her when we haven't said a word. The landlord will say whatever she wants I can't stop her.

I just don't like this kind of thing, I want a peacefull life. I will definitely be getting one of those white noise machines and I hope things will improve.

Reactions: 3
I just don't like this kind of thing, I want a peacefull life. I will definitely be getting one of those white noise machines and I hope things will improve.
I have a white noise machine which really helps me block out the neighbour noise. I got mine on Amazon. Hopefully it will help you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yes I have experience of this! Next time I call them I'm tempted to say I have just beat the tit out of one of them and see how fast they rock up.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
T

Thank you so much for your kind words I really appreciate it.
I have on occasion heard her passing bitchy remarks to her boyfriend when passing our window also and one time she threw post for us at our front door, she didn't even put it in the letter box just threw it there.

I've no idea why she's like this. I think she thinks we're in with the landlord which we're not, yes we've been here longer but that's besides the point.

Sometimes the landlord may message us both about an issue and I'd swear she thinks we're complaining about her when we haven't said a word. The landlord will say whatever she wants I can't stop her.

You can get Alexa to play white noise if you have one 😊

• Wow
Does anyone know what we can do in this situation?. We’ve recently moved house and one of our neighbours dog barks all hours and is just left to bark, it’s pretty annoying during the day but even more so at night as it wakes my 9 month old up, the problem is a lot of our neighbours have dogs and we can’t work out who the problem neighbour actually is so where’ve not sure what we can actually do about it?

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Does anyone know what we can do in this situation?. We’ve recently moved house and one of our neighbours dog barks all hours and is just left to bark, it’s pretty annoying during the day but even more so at night as it wakes my 9 month old up, the problem is a lot of our neighbours have dogs and we can’t work out who the problem neighbour actually is so where’ve not sure what we can actually do about it?
Lol you must live near me ? I am also demented by the neighbours dog barking all day and night. And her occasionally shouting at it to shut up, which it takes 0 notice of.

• Haha
Going to have to rant about the couple by me. Theyve been on holiday and ive just seen their car pull up which filled me with rage. The whole family drive about 3 car lengths PAST their house then reverse back to park.

I know this sounds petty but theres a million worse things they do, for 1 they seem to think they control the parking in the street, regularly block me and surrounding neighbours in our drives, and insist on having their 3 vehicles as close as possible even if that means moving it several times over the space of a few hours.

But yes they inability to maneuver their car fills me with rage. I can reverse my car onto my drive without touching anyones property or the path. They drive fully ONTO my drive to reverse onto theirs!

As im writing this theyve taken back custody of the street and a friend has appeared, parking over the neighbours drive 😐🙈 hate them...

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
The other night the neighbours attached to us started drilling something at 9.30 at night. They’re both home all day. They have young kids too but they’re usually up till gone 11pm anyway I suppose, so wouldn’t expect them to care we have as well.

Then last night the neighbours on the other side started using a circular saw outside, literally just below our bedroom window, to cut up some laminate flooring at 9.30pm also, which went on until near 11pm. They are also home all day and don’t work (mum and 3 adult kids all in their 20s), but they wait until that time to start. They were chainsawing trees at night a few weeks ago too.

I feel like no one has any common sense or decency anymore. There’s just no care or thought for anyone else. It doesn’t work to live so close to people like it maybe did when houses were built decades ago and people had manners.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
The other night the neighbours attached to us started drilling something at 9.30 at night. They’re both home all day. They have young kids too but they’re usually up till gone 11pm anyway I suppose, so wouldn’t expect them to care we have as well.

Then last night the neighbours on the other side started using a circular saw outside, literally just below our bedroom window, to cut up some laminate flooring at 9.30pm also, which went on until near 11pm. They are also home all day and don’t work (mum and 3 adult kids all in their 20s), but they wait until that time to start. They were chainsawing trees at night a few weeks ago too.

I feel like no one has any common sense or decency anymore. There’s just no care or thought for anyone else. It doesn’t work to live so close to people like it maybe did when houses were built decades ago and people had manners.
Youre right, ppl seem to have lost all sense of respect for their neighbours. I was always taught to keep the peace with the neighbours, if they complain there must be a reason.
If someone had an actual emergency i could understand noise late into the night, or if they had work going all day into the night because the workmen needed to finish that day perhaps. Its just absolute lack of common sense.
Same as our parking wars neighbours, they havent got the sense they were born with to see that they are the problem! They double park and block the road instead of being logical and realising they will block the road. Utter morons

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.