Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no, noisy neighbours drive me mad. Its causing me so much stress with everything going on we have actually decided now we are putting our house on the market. Which upsets up so much because i love my home.
Oh that's awful :( Is there any hope of your neighbour ever moving?

So my keys got nicked I went in my flat to put my dog in and get a mask I left them I the door and some junkie has came in my building and nicked my keys had to get my locks changed while all this was going on my neighbour camera is watching my door and we noticed on the day of the keys getting nicked they stole my mat the same morning also they came back twice and the police won't come out so I'm living a nightmare and can't wait till council open tomorrow but I'm now at a loss what to say after everything else that has gone on.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Please tell me all your nightmare neighbours stories. Might make me feel better about my own absolutely horrific neighbours! We are currently battling over bloody parking! They have 9 vehicles (they run their maintenance business from home) they only ever use 2 at a time but move all the rest every single morning so theres not enough room to park between them just so they can park when they get home if they move all the vans up again. Its driving me mad, the other day the left a space so i parked there and they then decided to completely block me in and send threatening letters through my door telling me to move it. I couldnt of moved it if i wanted to as they were on both bumpers.
If they're running a business from home they might need planning permission. Report it to the council planning office (it can be done anonymously) and they should look into it. Stress how much grief you're getting from their inconsiderate parking of business vehicles.

Reactions: 13
If they're running a business from home they might need planning permission. Report it to the council planning office (it can be done anonymously) and they should look into it. Stress how much grief you're getting from their inconsiderate parking of business vehicles.
I did try this but unfortunately they also work alongside the council doing the maintenance on a large percent of the council homes down here so the response i got was a beat a round the bush we aren't intrested.

Oh that's awful :( Is there any hope of your neighbour ever moving?
I doubt it,they seemed to have bullied everyone up our end of the road for years, their parents lived there before they did. The couple that live next door in their 80s have parked in the road adjacent for the past 5 years because they were in the same situation as us.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I did try this but unfortunately they also work alongside the council doing the maintenance on a large percent of the council homes down here so the response i got was a beat a round the bush we aren't intrested.
It shouldn't make a difference (but having worked for a council I can see how you can be left in that situation). Speak to your local councillor.

Reactions: 2
Oh no, noisy neighbours drive me mad. Its causing me so much stress with everything going on we have actually decided now we are putting our house on the market. Which upsets up so much because i love my home.
You’re not alone, I’m doing the same.

You are going to be much happier in your new place I hope 💕

Right now neighbours have music playing inside their house but them and 10 other guests are sitting in the garden. The garden door is wide open so I can clearly hear the music and their loud talking. I've called out of hours noise team but I don't expect them here for another hour. These aren't the other neighbours I've had problems with either 😂

In other news I've put an offer in on a semi detached house today away from this area. Pleaseeee keep your tattle fingers crossed for us!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
My crazy neighbour has started doing something crazier .... I have a medium-sized tree in my garden that birds like to nest in. At the moment, it's a wood pigeon that's nesting ... or trying to. I have a fence close to the tree so the birds perch there before flying into the tree. The fence borders my crazy neighbour. She's now taken to coming out and shooing the birds off my fence, and out of the tree, or knocking on the windows to scare them away. I'd sympathise if there was a serious bird poo problem, but it all lands on my side, and I don't care about it.

She's recently put up some bird feeders in her own garden, so not sure what the hell the issue is!

I'm ill, and one of the few pleasures in life for me is nature, and my garden is natural and I like that. I feel like she's slowly eroding the pleasure I get from my garden ... what with the noise from the music, telly, her listening to my conversations, gossiping about me with neighbours, shoving my plants off my fence ... This is a detached house too, still can't get away from it ...

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
My crazy neighbour has started doing something crazier .... I have a medium-sized tree in my garden that birds like to nest in. At the moment, it's a wood pigeon that's nesting ... or trying to. I have a fence close to the tree so the birds perch there before flying into the tree. The fence borders my crazy neighbour. She's now taken to coming out and shooing the birds off my fence, and out of the tree, or knocking on the windows to scare them away. I'd sympathise if there was a serious bird poo problem, but it all lands on my side, and I don't care about it.

She's recently put up some bird feeders in her own garden, so not sure what the hell the issue is!

I'm ill, and one of the few pleasures in life for me is nature, and my garden is natural and I like that. I feel like she's slowly eroding the pleasure I get from my garden ... what with the noise from the music, telly, her listening to my conversations, gossiping about me with neighbours, shoving my plants off my fence ... This is a detached house too, still can't get away from it ...
Honestly just tell her tk do one my neighbours are exactly the same it makes you ill putting up with it all and your health should come first

Reactions: 3
Weird shouty neighbour i mentioned before was barking back at his dogs today and then screaming at them to shut up...this was all in the garden for everyone to hear.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

I doubt it,they seemed to have bullied everyone up our end of the road for years, their parents lived there before they did. The couple that live next door in their 80s have parked in the road adjacent for the past 5 years because they were in the same situation as us.
I'd either pay a mate to vandalize every single car or ruin their business by writing loads of bad reviews from different accounts constantly.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Get out there and tell her to duck off. That should stop it

Reactions: 1
Suns out scums out.....
Aint that the truth, the ones at the back of me cranked up their crappy Kerrang compilation cds(they literally play the same two all the time) and was out drinking from 12 until 10pm in the blazing sun. They have this massive speaker they put in the garden and the music is that loud I could hear it pulling up in my car with my radio on. So nobody has any chance of opening windows or working/sitting in the garden. I did get some joy watching them turn redder and redder though so there is that.

Reactions: 9
The old chap who lives next door to me is his garden playing classical music really loud on his mini radio. He’s not doing any harm but I doubt he’d appreciate me pumping out hours music.

My neighbour problems keep bouncing to one from another. Today I was bitten by a neighbour's little dog 😂 😂 It did break the skin but very minor.
Last night it was very very loud outside. The road stinks like stale urine from all the people urinating in the road/doorsteps. I feel like I am able to detach from it a little bit more knowing we might be escaping soon.
In good news - Our offer was accepted last week! Just need to hope the vendor finds somewhere ASAP so we can get a move on.

• Sick
I was hanging out my washing the other day minding my own business and my neighbour came out his back door and he was on the phone either on FaceTime or loud speaker to his daughter as I could hear her speaking and he said ‘I came home from work last night at 11 and found her lying on the kitchen floor’ and she responded ‘why was she on the floor?!’ And he said ‘she was steaming! I really don’t know what to do I couldn’t lift her up the stairs so left her on the couch, I’m not coming home every day to this’

Why would you have such a private conversation so public and loud?? 🙈 they’re a lovely couple we’ve never had any issues but wow

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I was hanging out my washing the other day minding my own business and my neighbour came out his back door and he was on the phone either on FaceTime or loud speaker to his daughter as I could hear her speaking and he said ‘I came home from work last night at 11 and found her lying on the kitchen floor’ and she responded ‘why was she on the floor?!’ And he said ‘she was steaming! I really don’t know what to do I couldn’t lift her up the stairs so left her on the couch, I’m not coming home every day to this’

Why would you have such a private conversation so public and loud?? 🙈 they’re a lovely couple we’ve never had any issues but wow
A neighbour down from us has taken to having private conversations at the side of our house. Its the middle of a heatwave so shes stood about 4 metres from 3 open windows so I've heard all the ins and outs about her husband. Cant say im surprised he looks like a right tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Just watched one of my neighbours (retired, curtain-twitcher) walk down the street and get the weeds out of another neighbour's area of pavement. Obviously must've been bothering her for some time. I've heard her moan about weeds before ... she'll be weeding my driveway before long ... with any luck :LOL:🤞
Seriously though, wouldn't have the cheek. They weren't even that big.
🤣🤣 are you my neighbour?! 🤣🤣 I also have a neighbour that does this - caught her weeding another’s path last week.

A neighbour down from us has taken to having private conversations at the side of our house. Its the middle of a heatwave so shes stood about 4 metres from 3 open windows so I've heard all the ins and outs about her husband. Cant say im surprised he looks like a right tit.
I love stuff like that. I always listen in

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.