Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

standupsitdown

Chatty Member
My mum has a small house in a built up area and her antisocial neighbour decided to plant 6 massive silver birch trees right along the border with her garden. So all summer they completely block the sun, and in autumn her small patio totally fills with leaves and block her gutters. He’s a horrible man anyway but that’s incidental.
She doesn’t subscribe to council garden waste collection as her garden is all slabbed, so I’m just going to sweep them up as they fall and throw them back over fence. Could get interesting 🙂

Reactions: 10

Babysnark

My neighbours daughter keeps parking an inch away from my garden gate and completely blocking me in so I have to go out the back instead. Would it be rude to put a note on her car telling her to leave the gate clear? She’s taking the fucking piss but im never able to catch her in person to say anything..!
Can you speak directly to your neighbour? I would go over and just really politely ask if she could ask her daughter to be mindful of the gate as you're having to go out of the back...

If you aren't on speaking terms yeah I would just stick a bit of paper under her windscreen wiper, again just a really polite note saying you know it's not intentional but can they please leave your gate clear in future?

These neighbour things can escalate so I'd always be super polite to start with before initiating ww3 🤣

flutternutter

VIP Member
Police don't care because they were too busy trying to catch me out breaking covid rules and my friend swearing in my garden.
Who wants druggies when you can get two women doing utter crap like that eh?I would laugh but its not funny anymore
It was the same when i called 999 witnessing 2 shed breakins of my neighbours. They were absolutely unbothered until i told them i would sort it and hung up. Never seen a response like it. Needless to say i wasnt sorting it 😂 but it certainly made them move quick.
There was a story in the news about some bloke shooting his air rifle at the kids that had been terrorising him and his neighbours for months. He has phoned the police countless times and one day just cracked! Thankfully only got a suspeded sentence!
Its things like this that piss me off though, for one the man and neighbours mental health, begrudgingly the kids health who had been shot with an air rifle. Then all the court costs... or the police could have just attended after he phoned maybe the 3rd or 4th time... 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad

flutternutter

VIP Member
They don’t have to be child free. Just a bit considerate of others. It was so loud it was setting the dog off barking which is also not ideal at 7am!

I don’t care if it doesn’t compare at all to you. People are different and like/dislike different thing. I don’t want to hear someone’s feral child running up and down the house early in the morning.

They are definitley those “gentle parents”. No rules or boundaries. They let her run across the road whilst half heartedly saying ohhh don’t do that. come here etc. she’ll be an arse when she’s older with no rules
I know a set of parents who are living with their poor life choices now... 😂 their barely parented princes is now 24 and a complete and utter nightmare! They were the same, let her run in front of cars. Most vehicles dont care if you have additional needs, they will flatten you regardless so it IS really up to the parents to address behaviours. I cant stand kids screaming like when they compete for best horror film scream or something? How the hell the parents know the difference between them being dicks and being murdered is beyond me. Perhaps a little more story telling of the boy who cried wolf would help?

• Heart

SoulDestroyer

VIP Member
We've got new neighbours, they have only been next to us now for about 2 months, it's a family of 4, 2 young kids & parents. They seem nice enough but the dad has a temper.. we hear him scream at the kids and we hear him just making odd loud noises at them and then the kids running and thumping around very late sometimes gone 1am. The dad is just a bit strange anyway, one evening a few weeks ago I left my house to go to my boyfriends place, my taxi man said as I got in the car 'your neighbour is watching you leave' I was like what?? I looked back and he was stood at the front room window looking out at me, it was dark so it was just his silhouette 😂🙃.. My mum has said he stands and watches out the window all the time... A bit strange if you ask me.. I don't think he means any harm it is just a bit creepy like
I can empathise with this. I have a retired couple opposite me, they're still active, have a car etc, but they're at home loads of the time. Whenever someone comes to my house, I have a delivery, or have a workman here etc they stand at their window and watch everything. Not just people turning up, but, for example, the whole transaction with a delivery driver. When I come home with shopping they watch me get out of the car and get the shopping out. It's really weird. I doubt they mean any harm but they are so nosey it is unbelievable.
They've never been friendly so I've discounted waving friendly like, but after 5 years of the same it's getting a bit annoying now

Jyhy1110

VIP Member
honestly i would be reportinbh that to social services, having a child covered in flea bites is neglect
she’s also put him in the same nursery as my little one, I think I mentioned in my first post a week or so ago that the nursery thought he had chicken pox but she had to say it was flea bites, so they would of noted that down, I’m going to speak to nursery on Tuesday and report my concerns as their house is a total shit hole and there’s dust and cat hair everywhere and left over food all over the sides, no wonder the poor note has a constant chesty cough breathing all that shit in all the time

• Sad
  • Wow

emm

VIP Member
Been a while since I’ve ranted on here..

I feel like I’m at breaking point now and am seriously considering asking family if I can move back home and sell my flat. I was sent home from work today due to laryngitis, I managed to get a few hours sleep but my downstairs neighbours have been having a party since around lunchtime. Music blasting in the living room with an extra speaker out the back so it’s echoing all throughout the building. Kids paddling pool full of beer cans and cigarettes. Doesn’t sound like it’s going to end any time soon and I can’t even call the non emergency police line as I literally have no voice at all.

It’s been almost 3 years of hell. I think it’s time to admit defeat. It’s time to acknowledge just how depressed I am living here. I can’t afford to sell and buy anywhere new as I stupidly took out loans to help with renovation costs and with the current cost of living going up I’m only just getting by. I’m due a little bit of a pay rise this year but not enough to make a difference. If I sell and move back home I’d be cutting my outgoings significantly and could pay off debts quicker and be able to save money to put towards somewhere new.

I don’t really want to be 30 and moving back home but it seems like my only option.
This sounds horrific, I feel so bad for you. Have you considered moving back home and trying to rent it? This would be better than losing money by selling it immediately

Jyhy1110

VIP Member
I no longer know whether to laugh or cry ...

I was talking to a workman on my driveway today for a few minutes. I was gardening afterwards and a neighbour came past and told me that the nasty neighbour next door had been hiding behind my shrubs listening to my conversation with the workman! She's known to do this, has been caught out doing it before. Couldn't believe she's still doing it. I mean, what do people get out of doing something like that?! I was only talking about block paved driveways .... I'm not very interesting!!
This woman is obsessed with everything I do. If I've been gardening next to our boundary then she comes out of the house when I've gone in to have a look at what I've been doing. I really feel stalked now.
tell her fuck off and get a life, or shouts that you can see her behind the shrubs, some peoples lives must be so boring to stalk their neighbours, she sounds like a right loony

simbi123

Ughh we had some work done on our house today and my downstairs neighbour came round and asked if the workers could pause work for 1 hour, because she has to do a presentation and wouldn't stop talking for 20 minutes. Our builders were even working on the 3rd floor and the only noise affecting her was moving materials/gear in and out!

Normally wouldn't be too bothered, but they had 6months of loud building work every day earlier this year... Imagine if I had gone round every time I needed to make a work call :rolleyes:

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
My NFH was acting really creepy last night. I started to water my plants around 8pm yesterday. she wasnt in the garden but must have come home while I was in the garden and opened her door quietly (not like her)

Anyway could hear this really creepy humming like you see in a horror film when the actor turns round and a child is sitting on a swing humming and grinning.

I looked and see her door was open and she was on the other side of our shared fence right close doing this creepy humming. WTF.

• Wow

SoulDestroyer

VIP Member
Anyone else live on a "Keeping up with the Jones's" kind of street?

My close neighbours have really gone all out this time. They've gone and bought a puppy that's the exact same breed and colour as the neighbours at the opposite side to them bought during the summer holidays. Can't really believe it. They're not pet people at all, they don't walk anywhere, have previously said they don't like pets as they mess up the house. This puppy must've been upwards of £2000!
Really feel sorry for the poor thing and I hope they give it up to someone who's gonna care about it soon.

• Wow
  • Sad

Rxt156

VIP Member
Some arsehole has blocked my drive with their car for the last 2 hours. No one to be seen. Can’t believe people think this is acceptable!

It’s not a huge road either so people only come to visit houses as there’s nothing else around. WTF

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Not content with all the other hassle she's caused me (cutting plants, harassment, intimidation, slander etc), my neighbour is now kicking a ball at my fence at every opportunity. I'd expect that behaviour from kids but not from a woman in her 60s :(

Oh no, sorry to hear it's happened again. I hope the police are helpful on Saturday 🤞
Police told me to ignore her and just live my life without worrying about her complaining as nothing she has ever complained about has any substance to it. They said housing is dealing with the plant cutting. I have the go-ahead for my high trellis fence can't remember if I posted it here? will post again in case, also might help others. You can have this in your garden as long as it's not attached to the actual boundary fence and there is no hight limit on it either.

privacy fence.jpg

The day before yesterday she made a fake FB to post on a few things I had posted on my FB page. Its so bizarre how she thinks everything I post is about her. she got so triggered reading my page she blew her cover. One of them was a memory from a few years back before she even moved here. I love sarky memes and love them even more now I know she thinks they are about her. Truth is she only enters my head when she does something stupid. I didn't even bite at the awful things she said about myself and my friend. I just corrected her spelling.
I also took grabs for my portfolio on her in case I even need more evidence, as have no doubt once my trellis fence goes up she will kick off.. Sadly the sun comes from my side of the fence 😉

Today I shall be pond cleaning and water feature cleaning ready for the big switch-on later. The reason I have the water feature is to try to cover up the sound of her TV.. I don't hear it in the winter but it's like she watches it from her garden table in the summer. The water feature isn't big or loud except to her housing didnt even hear it when visiting
The pond is on the other side of the garden and everyone who walks past (walkway down the side) says how much they love the sound of the fountain.
She hates anything I have or do.
So have to see what this summer brings.

derbyshiregirl

I actually feel comforted, and sad, that some of you are going through the same issues.

my issue is that before covid we never saw a soul, it was bliss, but now there’s a group of kids who just shout and mess around in front of the houses all the time - they’ve also set our cameras off by playing on our drive before when both cars aren’t there. We’ve had neighbour problems before when we lived in a much rougher area so I’m extra sensitive to this. I just wish they would piss off. I just want a quiet life lol no unruly kids on my door step. X

• Heart

Happy35

No it’s deliberate on their part they just don’t do her bed time until that late every night. She’ll be in the garden until god knows what time in and out of her swimming pool and they’re there with her just have a bbq or something. That night in particular the dad was the one playing with her making her scream and squeal. It’s not loud because she’s being told to go to bed and is protesting.
I never used to put my son to bed early as he just didn’t need much sleep, I am the same so he went at 9pm from being quite young in the hope he would stay asleep until 5.30am. I never let him scream and disturb people but he did play in the garden if I was outside and I did run baths at 8.30 for him.

50sGirl

VIP Member
We don’t own our house, so don’t have the worry of selling it.

We have spoken to them previously several times regarding the dogs, and asking them to move their vehicles when they’ve blocked us in and requested they stop parking in front of it. They still don’t listen, though. My boyfriend went to work this morning in the car, no sooner he got to the end of the street, they moved one of their cars in front of our house. Weirdos!

I’ve said to my partner I think I’m going to put a note through their door and then see what happens from there. At least with a note I can prove what has been said and moves any room for allegations/denial of contact.
If you know his registration number you can report anonymously to Crimestoppers online. If you know approximate times and where he drinks then that would also help them catch him when he’s driving. I abhor drink drivers.

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Hey all! Would you inform your neighbours before having a bbq on a sunny day? We’ve just set one up (not lit it or anything) and our next door neighbour has popped his head over our fence saying he’d appreciate a heads up ‘every time we want to light that thing’ … is that normal etiquette?!
No, bonfires yes, BBQ no. cheeky fuckers

just a thought.. Unless they have washing out and it's near the BBQ

whisperchat

VIP Member
We've got new neighbours, they have only been next to us now for about 2 months, it's a family of 4, 2 young kids & parents. They seem nice enough but the dad has a temper.. we hear him scream at the kids and we hear him just making odd loud noises at them and then the kids running and thumping around very late sometimes gone 1am. The dad is just a bit strange anyway, one evening a few weeks ago I left my house to go to my boyfriends place, my taxi man said as I got in the car 'your neighbour is watching you leave' I was like what?? I looked back and he was stood at the front room window looking out at me, it was dark so it was just his silhouette 😂🙃.. My mum has said he stands and watches out the window all the time... A bit strange if you ask me.. I don't think he means any harm it is just a bit creepy like

• Wow
  • Sad

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
I live in a block of flats, with a young family living above me, they have a little boy about 2 or 3
One of them, not sure who it is, likes to jump about a lot! I assume it's the little boy, but who knows 😕 it was so bad on Saturday night, I made a note of it, that it felt as though my whole flat shook! My furniture does shake when they are jumping!I
Not for one minute do I think there shouldn't be noise from the other flats etc, and living in a flat you have to expect noise etc, but at times it's just ridiculous!
I've just phoned my local Council, yet again!
Spoke to my Housing Officer, explaining the situation etc, and that I do expect noise etc, but its getting beyond a joke at times! He said he'll look into again, as there does have to be some consideration etc for other people in the flats!
I know what will happen, all will be fine for a while, then it'll get just as bad again!
Don't think I'm bring all that unreasonable, just want the jumping to calm down!
Small children should be ground floor only. its unfair to expect ( I don't mean you) children to not play and jump in a home without a garden but its also unfair on those living under them.

• Heart

Simianoctis

My neighbours are a complete nightmare! They are so noisy and disrespectful. They start hammering and drilling at half 6 in the morning and can go on till 11 at night, they have the tv blaring till 1-2 in the morning keeping my kids awake as its right next to their bedroom, the guy is constantly screaming and shouting at their kids he's a right abusive twat, they throw stones at the dog when I let him out I'm the garden, rubbish gets throw over and they decided to spray paint their fence what went all over my garden what I had just spend hundreds doing up 🤦🏾‍♀️. Complained to the council and nothing get done, it causes me so much stress. Their not exactly the approachable type, he was in jail for nearly killing the woman and hurting one of the kids.

• Sad
  • Wow