NZ influencers and public figures #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eh some of these aimn posts give me a headache, fair enough if you dont think it's a problem I dont aswell its literally just to indicate black friday week but that doesn't mean I will dismiss other peoples feelings. It definitely has nothing to do with race, but the words obviously hold significance and trauma in some people's lives, especially when you live in a system where the colour of your skin dictates the life you live. It's triggering for some people just like how we are triggered by some of these dimwitted influenzas even If it has nothing to do with us lol
Hey I get it, honestly I do despite my bluntness. But nobody owns the word black and it has only recently become an issue …. But it’s literally nothing to do with skin colour. The colour black has been around forever.

I looked up “Black Friday” prior to my post and there’s literally so many different explanations for it that it’s not even funny. The most popular explanation seems to do with Thanksgiving in America, followed by the crash of the gold market or something. Some websites reckon it has been around since the late 1800’s so I don’t think anyone truly knows 🤷🏼‍♀️

My fathers family are Māori before anyone comes for me.

Reactions: 11
Eh some of these aimn posts give me a headache, fair enough if you dont think it's a problem I dont aswell its literally just to indicate black friday week but that doesn't mean I will dismiss other peoples feelings. It definitely has nothing to do with race, but the words obviously hold significance and trauma in some people's lives, especially when you live in a system where the colour of your skin dictates the life you live. It's triggering for some people just like how we are triggered by some of these dimwitted influenzas even If it has nothing to do with us lol

Millie boggles my mind; raised by well respected parents in this country, raised in a great place, went to a private school...and she still acts like a muppet, I just dont understand her life choices and her attitude. I dont follow millie but by the looks of these screenshots, her and holly may must be cut from the same cloth because why ask your followers to send in questions when you obviously dont want to be questioned haha. Someone tell me, do they do it mostly for engagement?
I think it’s mostly engagement. But I also think they’re deluded and think they’re only going to get simpering questions like “I love your hair, did you grow it yourself?” and “your face is amazing, what’s your skincare regimen?”😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Hey I get it, honestly I do despite my bluntness. But nobody owns the word black and it has only recently become an issue …. But it’s literally nothing to do with skin colour. The colour black has been around forever.

I looked up “Black Friday” prior to my post and there’s literally so many different explanations for it that it’s not even funny. The most popular explanation seems to do with Thanksgiving in America, followed by the crash of the gold market or something. Some websites reckon it has been around since the late 1800’s so I don’t think anyone truly knows 🤷🏼‍♀️

My fathers family are Māori before anyone comes for me.
I just don’t really think it’s fair to say that the word ‘Black’ has been around forever therefore people can’t/shouldn’t be offended by it. It’s very dismissing of people’s feelings. If the phrase Black Week offends some people, it’s because they have reasons for being offended. Many times just the tone and way someone says Black can feel as stabbing as a knife. Yes the phrase Black Friday has absolutely nothing to do with race, but you can bet that there are people out there using Black Week as a way to make stupid racist jokes and that’s what’s wrong with it, it’s inviting of a behaviour that shouldn’t still be so prevalent in our day and age. And considering this forum talks about predominantly white influencers who culturally appropriate all the damn time, and companies would know about Tattle, I think they could have done better. Heck I’ve seen many brands using Black Friday Week, which is 10x better just by keeping Friday in there.

Reactions: 10
She did mention that he didn’t help her / support her when the Greek bf turned violent. But I think they have made amends in part?
Millie seems to fall out with everyone. Remember she had her best friend Maria that had the baby. Nothing more about her and you can't even ask anything about her

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I think it’s mostly engagement. But I also think they’re deluded and think they’re only going to get simpering questions like “I love your hair, did you grow it yourself?” and “your face is amazing, what’s your skincare regimen?”😂
Haha you are so right, they must think some of us follow for their discount codes..but really I wanna know about your mum, dad, neighbour, ex you left etc 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Does anyone know why she fell out with her father?
Because she was a meth head and ran off with a gang member

Now she's all Holier Than Thou

She got a trust which he set up, found this in the Herald
Explains why she's an entitled witch. She has said in the past that her Step Father left most of it to his wife.

LOL which means she still probably got millions and is pissed she didn't get more. I mean it's not like she actually works for a living is it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Does anyone know why she fell out with her father?
I believe it was because of his reaction/lack of reaction to the issues she was facing with that boyfriend when it all turned sour and dangerous. Didn't get the support she needed or wanted I believe.

Edit, referring to her biological father in Greece.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I believe it was because of his reaction/lack of reaction to the issues she was facing with that boyfriend when it all turned sour and dangerous. Didn't get the support she needed or wanted I believe.
I'm not sure if that's entirely true. I recall Paul doing a doco called something like "chasing a ghost" all about P and what he has a "parent" was dealing with and going through. How he searched for her but she didn't want to be found. Hasn't she herself said her parents tried to help her.

A side note, she won't say how she met your new bf Bambam but we all know the story of how Paul H left his phone in a bar and Connor found it and dropped it off to the house, Millie answered the door and the rest, so they say, is history!

• Wow
I'm not sure if that's entirely true. I recall Paul doing a doco called something like "chasing a ghost" all about P and what he has a "parent" was dealing with and going through. How he searched for her but she didn't want to be found. Hasn't she herself said her parents tried to help her.

A side note, she won't say how she met your new bf Bambam but we all know the story of how Paul H left his phone in a bar and Connor found it and dropped it off to the house, Millie answered the door and the rest, so they say, is history!
I believe they are referring to biological Greek dad here - she had a boyfriend before she left Greece who was quite abusive , sounded an awful situation.

Reactions: 7
Is it just me or did Marnie just call her kid a c***
She is horrible. She speaks so disgustingly about her middle child, who I am sure is a handful (probably because she drank all through her pregnancy with him). But she speaks about him with utter hatred. She is awful. Also she keeps wearing that hideous tshirt that has racist connotations and has designs she stole from Māori artists without permission

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Head pats for Jess
View attachment 1749986

side note, I’m waiting patiently to see how she responds to this 1 star rating

View attachment 1749991
Soooo how you should operate “normally” on the days you actually open then?
…If you make “300 donuts and 150 other sweet treats” USUALLY, imagine if YOU helped your team and started this early - you could actually get your tit ready on Fri/Sat at 9 instead of 10!!!!! 😮😮😮😮
….which is still too late for a “bakery” imo but just sayin lol

I just don’t really think it’s fair to say that the word ‘Black’ has been around forever therefore people can’t/shouldn’t be offended by it. It’s very dismissing of people’s feelings. If the phrase Black Week offends some people, it’s because they have reasons for being offended. Many times just the tone and way someone says Black can feel as stabbing as a knife. Yes the phrase Black Friday has absolutely nothing to do with race, but you can bet that there are people out there using Black Week as a way to make stupid racist jokes and that’s what’s wrong with it, it’s inviting of a behaviour that shouldn’t still be so prevalent in our day and age. And considering this forum talks about predominantly white influencers who culturally appropriate all the damn time, and companies would know about Tattle, I think they could have done better. Heck I’ve seen many brands using Black Friday Week, which is 10x better just by keeping Friday in there.
Thanks, this is a really well written out comment.
I know there’s a lot of generational trauma within BBIPOC and I hate that it’s a thing.
I still stand by my opinion that SOME people are looking for things to be offended by. I hear some of my family talk and I just wish they looked at things through a different lense instead of looking for an argument or outrage all the time. That’s just my opinion though and I’m only one person.

I 100% agree that leaving it as Black Friday Week makes sense. I think they’ve cut out the Friday in a way to be edgy or “modern” and missed the mark. Or they’re trying to stand out and get attention. I don’t know and I won’t shop there due to their lack of sizing diversity and inability to see how problematic Simone Anderson is so I don’t care for their reasonings either.

This is the last thing I’m going to say on the topic cos I feel like we can go forever and we are all entitled to feel how we feel ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Soooo how you should operate “normally” on the days you actually open then?
…If you make “300 donuts and 150 other sweet treats” USUALLY, imagine if YOU helped your team and started this early - you could actually get your tit ready on Fri/Sat at 9 instead of 10!!!!! 😮😮😮😮
….which is still too late for a “bakery” imo but just sayin lol
Just a guess but probably the reason she only opens for 2 days for 4 hours each day they are probably not selling enough to justify extra wages and other costs of opening longer. Although it sounds like people are still working the other days on cake orders. So maybe she wants to create the illusion of being in demand with limited supply to try get business busier.

I was referring to her biological father in Greece and the episode with her bofyriend there.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.