Nothern Ireland #16 we love fifteens, the craic is 90!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aye. Thing is I heard a woman on the radio say she was bringing her kids, they were quite young and she believed the sexual content would go over their heads. She has trans friends and her kids love drag.
Mine also enjoy drag race but it's not the same content as these shows, I can't help thinking this woman was prepared to let her kids witness unsuitable material to make a political point.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Aye. Thing is I heard a woman on the radio say she was bringing her kids, they were quite young and she believed the sexual content would go over their heads. She has trans friends and her kids love drag.
Mine also enjoy drag race but it's not the same content as these shows, I can't help thinking this woman was prepared to let her kids witness unsuitable material to make a political point.
I haven’t watched drag race so not sure what happens on it but I have been out in gay bars and the drag shows on certainly aren’t child friendly lol!

The videos of these ones twerking and all sorts with dildos hanging off them is more extreme than some of the adult drag shows I have seen!

Reactions: 2
Has anyone been to Belfast Empire in the last few months? Either I'm old and my hearing's gone array or the sound has definitely gotten so loud that it's becoming unbearable - and that's at a distance from the speakers!

Reactions: 1
I haven’t watched drag race so not sure what happens on it but I have been out in gay bars and the drag shows on certainly aren’t child friendly lol!

The videos of these ones twerking and all sorts with dildos hanging off them is more extreme than some of the adult drag shows I have seen!
The Mac advised it was an adult show but children could attend with adult supervision so long as parents and children understood it was an adult show. Mixed messages. Unsure if the lady interviewed on the Nolan show this week was a stooge but her eldest was 12.
The show received reviews from the fringe, drug references, sex toys, pegging etc. Bizarre that any parent would find this appropriate but there you go this mother thought it was and she felt she was being inclusive by allowing her kids to attend.
Drag has never really been inclusive, its harsh and enjoyable for adults. Children do enjoy Ru Paul but that's light entertainment compared to the real thing. We've had very popular mainstream drag acts here for decades like May and not a sex toy in sight.
---

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Maybe just let children be children 🤷🏻‍♀️ When my parents separated my mum leaned on me a lot (I was a child of 8) and I heard a lot of adult conversations and information I’d rather not have. I’d rather have been allowed to be an innocent child a while longer. Children pick up on things themselves and there’s enough being thrown at them on social media etc, no need to watch drag performances that are overtly sexual in nature. I’m not a prude, kids grow up fast enough.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Childhood is short and in todays environment its getting shorter. I've no issue with drag and understand why the movement was very important for gay culture, rights etc. I'm just disappointed with the Mac, I'm sure the performers from the hairy godmothers know this show isn't suitable for children.

Reactions: 8
The Mac advised it was an adult show but children could attend with adult supervision so long as parents and children understood it was an adult show. Mixed messages. Unsure if the lady interviewed on the Nolan show this week was a stooge but her eldest was 12.
The show received reviews from the fringe, drug references, sex toys, pegging etc. Bizarre that any parent would find this appropriate but there you go this mother thought it was and she felt she was being inclusive by allowing her kids to attend.
Drag has never really been inclusive, its harsh and enjoyable for adults. Children do enjoy Ru Paul but that's light entertainment compared to the real thing. We've had very popular mainstream drag acts here for decades like May and not a sex toy in sight.
---
See this confusion is going to harm the drag storytimes, which are literally just drag performers reading children a kids book. People will assume it's one and the same.

Reactions: 4
See this confusion is going to harm the drag storytimes, which are literally just drag performers reading children a kids book. People will assume it's one and the same.
Absolutely. Are those events happening at Mac too?
I don't get it, Holly Hamilton ran the story this week the woman taking her kids definitely caused more issues.

Aw ffs Grifty, thanks for stealing my thunder, my poor thread suggestion totally disregarded 😭 Not feeling like a supremacist right now 🤣

Maybe just let children be children 🤷🏻‍♀️ When my parents separated my mum leaned on me a lot (I was a child of 8) and I heard a lot of adult conversations and information I’d rather not have. I’d rather have been allowed to be an innocent child a while longer. Children pick up on things themselves and there’s enough being thrown at them on social media etc, no need to watch drag performances that are overtly sexual in nature. I’m not a prude, kids grow up fast enough.
This. Children are innocent and should be allowed to stay that way for as long as possible. Seen one woman saying she was taking her young son because he dresses up in girls clothes and is displaying an interest in drag 🙄 Eh?? My nephew will pull on a princess dress up outfit while playing with his tractors, does that mean he’s interested in drag? 🤔 No he’s just being a child. Dress up and imaginative play are an important part of play and development but it has to be age appropriate and child led. Why would anyone take their child to a drag show full of sexual innuendo and adult content? If it’s the dress up and costumes they enjoy, let them dress up and express themselves in that way at home in their safe space without taking them to see a dildo wielding drag queen. duck me I give up 🤦🏼‍♀️🤯

Reactions: 8
Childhood is short and in todays environment its getting shorter. I've no issue with drag and understand why the movement was very important for gay culture, rights etc. I'm just disappointed with the Mac, I'm sure the performers from the hairy godmothers know this show isn't suitable for children.
Yeah, I think 99% of the performers are sensible but there have been a couple of creepy paedos in USA who did the kids shows and got caught with grim stuff.
But realistically it is immature parents who want to enjoy themselves so justify taking their kids to these shows.
similiar I remember when they first brought out 12a movies I remember being raging because people were bringing their 6 year olds to movies so the adults could watch and the kids were bored and disrupting everyone else’s enjoyment just because people didn’t get a babysitter!
---
Aw ffs Grifty, thanks for stealing my thunder, my poor thread suggestion totally disregarded 😭 Not feeling like a supremacist right now 🤣

This. Children are innocent and should be allowed to stay that way for as long as possible. Seen one woman saying she was taking her young son because he dresses up in girls clothes and is displaying an interest in drag 🙄 Eh?? My nephew will pull on a princess dress up outfit while playing with his tractors, does that mean he’s interested in drag? 🤔 No he’s just being a child. Dress up and imaginative play are an important part of play and development but it has to be age appropriate and child led. Why would anyone take their child to a drag show full of sexual innuendo and adult content? If it’s the dress up and costumes they enjoy, let them dress up and express themselves in that way at home in their safe space without taking them to see a dildo wielding drag queen. duck me I give up 🤦🏼‍♀️🤯
Aww sorry. I was up awake and if I missed a thread title nom I’m sorry. I’ll let you have thread #19 sixteen! ;)
---
Here, ELP looks like a bit of a hostage here in the photo but I’m hoping she has at least learned something by visiting here. I know it is a very small step but better than nothing.

Last edited:
I don't assiciate drag with trans, they're two separate ideologies. One is a performance the other is identity. There does seem to be some overlap with this shows content and the critical voices, some of whom are pointing out graffiti which appeared at the Mac referring to terfs. Did anyone watch Pose, great series it focused on ballroom culture and the mishmash of it all. I've said it before we're usually socially about 10 years behind the rest of the UK but the Internet means we can't be anymore 😂 it leaves it hard for people so set in their ways to swallow things they don't like.
But yeah don't be taking kids to shows with dildos and no we don't have to accept that being paraded through the streets either. Or being told we're not inclusive for objecting. It's about respect and morality.

Reactions: 10
Just stop oil twitter is one of my new pastimes.
Would you look at this one from Germany! Yer woman grabbing them by the hair! The German videos seem to be a lot less ‘polite’ than the London ones. They literally just duck them out of the way.

• Haha
Yep, and when the world burns, floods and freezes, crops don't grow and there are food shortages people like that German woman will be the one of survivors. She'll eat you grifty 😂

• Haha
Just stop oil twitter is one of my new pastimes.
Would you look at this one from Germany! Yer woman grabbing them by the hair! The German videos seem to be a lot less ‘polite’ than the London ones. They literally just duck them out of the way.

bleeping imbeciles. Go on the blonde blade 💪😂 Their message is completely lost now among stories of people missing flights, missing family funerals etc.

ETA I’m all for caring for the environment but there’s bound to be a better way than this 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Yep, and when the world burns, floods and freezes, crops don't grow and there are food shortages people like that German woman will be the one of survivors. She'll eat you grifty 😂
It’s ok. I’ve seen interstellar. I’ll be in the black hole riding Matthew mcconaghy

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The worst thing to happen for climate change possibly ever

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The worst thing to happen for climate change possibly ever
Aye she is one of the lucky ones because she has inter generational wealth. She has never and will never had to work in a factory or a b&m bargains or an Amazon warehouse and be unpaid if she is late for work because some posh wanker wants to have a sit down protest.

I have no issue with the message but how it is being delivered. As they are behaving like complete cunts.

Reactions: 6
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.