Northern Ireland #7 Forget armoured cars, tanks n guns …Just deliver the £600 funds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are they advising? Surely they'd close the school for a few days?
This is what the PHA have advised as per the school’s website
98A8440A-2E63-4625-AE74-FFC46983AA2A.jpeg
2CD8242D-0951-402A-B237-65068E5D29FA.jpeg

Don’t know what good that’s going to do if they’ve got no antibiotics to treat it 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Had that wee lassie got an underlying health issue?
Parents are going to be up the walls.
I don’t think so Mavis, no mention of one anyway. Seems like if it gets into the bloodstream you get very ill very quickly. The article I read said they put her into an induced coma as she was hallucinating and distressed and then they discovered the infection had spread and damaged her brain 😢

Her father said he burst in the doors of A&E carrying her, screaming to get a doctor right away 😢

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Read that. The wee girl told her mummy she felt like she was dying. Poor wee girl.
Couple of years ago I had sepsis, which I think is essentially what this does to you, you know they didn't tell me I had sepsis until I was better and fit for discharge.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Read that. The wee girl told her mummy she felt like she was dying. Poor wee girl.
Couple of years ago I had sepsis, which I think is essentially what this does to you, you know they didn't tell me I had sepsis until I was better and fit for discharge.
Yes I think it’s similar Mavis. Do you know how you got it? Sepsis has always terrified me, I think I’m a bit OTT when my kids have a cut, they think I’m mad.

Yes I think it’s similar Mavis. Do you know how you got it? Sepsis has always terrified me, I think I’m a bit OTT when my kids have a cut, they think I’m mad.
I had a blockage, liver and kidneys failed. Had surgery to sort it but I had huge big bags of stuff running through me round the clock for weeks.
Had a nice sun tan for a while but the yellow eyes are not a look. Thankfully rarely ill and this was a freak thing.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I had a blockage, liver and kidneys failed. Had surgery to sort it but I had huge big bags of stuff running through me round the clock for weeks.
Had a nice sun tan for a while but the yellow eyes are not a look. Thankfully rarely ill and this was a freak thing.
Sounds like you had a close shave Mavis 🙁

Reactions: 2
Saw that there seems to be a national UK shortage of antibiotics which will scare people. Hopefully people won’t be getting given them when they don’t need them and they go to who needs them.

Hear me out people, I can’t put my finger on it or explain why but there’s something seriously off about Chris Heaton Harris. He’s shifty AF 🙈

Reactions: 1
He comes across as more of a spook than an MP .

8D0E62C3-71A5-41C3-8C47-A34D40FEB8FB.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
He comes across as more of a spook than an MP .

View attachment 1790582
That poor wee boy. I remember reading about him during the summer, took ill at a swimming pool and deteriorated quickly. Viral, but they must have got the results back maybe it was SF.
Parents have been told not to attend their GP with anything viral, they've been told for at least the last 15 years antibiotics are unnecessary and most illnesses will run their course. The parents of that little boy did just that, they sought medical advice who told them to continue nursing him at home, then he died.

• Sad
That poor wee boy. I remember reading about him during the summer, took ill at a swimming pool and deteriorated quickly. Viral, but they must have got the results back maybe it was SF.
Parents have been told not to attend their GP with anything viral, they've been told for at least the last 15 years antibiotics are unnecessary and most illnesses will run their course. The parents of that little boy did just that, they sought medical advice who told them to continue nursing him at home, then he died.
Yeah it’s sad, our Gp swabs for tonsillitis and tells you only to give an antibiotic if there’s no improvement , schools are worried too…

Saw that there seems to be a national UK shortage of antibiotics which will scare people. Hopefully people won’t be getting given them when they don’t need them and they go to who needs them.
My mother in law rang my husband this morning telling us to ring the GP and stock up on penicillin. Everyone in our house is well so we’re not prepared to lie to our GP and hoard medicine unnecessarily. It’s attitudes like this that will cause more shortages. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Wow
My mother in law rang my husband this morning telling us to ring the GP and stock up on penicillin. Everyone in our house is well so we’re not prepared to lie to our GP and hoard medicine unnecessarily. It’s attitudes like this that will cause more shortages. 🤦🏻‍♀️
She won't get it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.