Northern Ireland #7 Forget armoured cars, tanks n guns …Just deliver the £600 funds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a doctor on radio Ulster yesterday saying they had created a WhatsApp group with chemists in the area to know who had what, she said antibiotics aren't as readily available as they were. Didn't catch her name.
Jeeze monga thats awful, your poor boy. I'm quite lucky mine have never had much *touch wood. Never even got chicken pox despite being exposed a few times, I've never had it either.
But God I remember SF. If mine were small now this news would really effect me, feel bad for parents with smalls 😥
Someone medical on another thread said there is a massive shortage because of the unprecedented rise in illnesses requiring antibiotics…
Yes it pays to be insistent if you feel there’s something not right, although it’s not always easy if you’ve got a stubborn doctor, what will happen about the wee one from the Shankill being failed by the Royal?

Reactions: 3
Someone medical on another thread said there is a massive shortage because of the unprecedented rise in illnesses requiring antibiotics.
Yes. That doctor also said she thought covid (not the vaccine) had perhaps done something to our T cellsand we won't know for years.

• Sad
Yes. That doctor also said she thought covid (not the vaccine) had perhaps done something to our T cellsand we won't know for years.
We’ll never know how much this pandemic has left its mark on us until it’s over ,we’ll probably not be around then, future generations will learn from it if Vlad doesn’t vaporise us all before that.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Just seeing the pics of that lovely wee girl 😢 heartbreaking and just not good enough how she was treated. So now we have a Strep outbreak and looking at nurses striking right in the thick of it. I think they’ll lose support quickly if people are worried about the welfare of children.

I think they’re right to strike, our health service is a shambles long before the pandemic, the country should be out there with them.

Reactions: 2
I feel bad for the nurses, the system is designed to demoralise them. All part of the bigger plan to privatise i think.

⚠ ⚠ ⚠ ⚠
Matthews mummy says the police have not been in touch asking to meet her, the first she's heard of it was when it was reported online.

Last edited:
Must be nationwide
Shortage of penicillin reported as Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children postpones elective surgery amid Strep A spike

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...tive-surgery-amid-strep-a-spike-42200746.html

British gov lying again , Dad!s army! …We’ve got everything under control 🙄
https://news.sky.com/story/strep-a-...to-self-diagnose-strep-a-in-children-12763138Strep A: Health secretary insists there's a 'good supply' of penicillin after pharmacy director warns 'there are no drugs'
1670404367137.png

Last edited:
I hope Matthew’s family don’t see some of the horrible comments on social media. Grown adults who should know better 🤬

• Sad
I saw comments questioning why he was out and at an over 18 event. Like actually bore off. Obviously don't have teenagers and have lived a very sheltered life.

What was said?
Certain people seem to be taking the criticism of the PSNI personally and turning the blame on his parents, why was a child allowed to go to an adult event, why was a child allowed out alone after midnight, the police aren’t to blame for poor parenting etc 😠 the high and mighty crew who seem to think the police can do no wrong even though their failures have been proven time and time again.

I saw comments questioning why he was out and at an over 18 event. Like actually bore off. Obviously don't have teenagers and have lived a very sheltered life.
Also must never have been teenagers themselves.

Meanwhile, also in the news today…

Last edited:
Wonder how people would feel if the police was mostly Catholic. Just musing to myself really.
Heard a lot of new recruits are leaving, 21k a year is nowhere near enough for what they go through.
Change is needed and I don't think its right to put the blame squarely on worker bees, they're just carrying out policy. In the last 24 hours I've seen 3 "we are growing increasingly concerned" posts for children. One lads been missing since the 4th. I'd bet there is a difference between him and Noah and Matthew though, I think psni need to look at how they approach things but I don't know how they do that.

Certain people seem to be taking the criticism of the PSNI personally and turning the blame on his parents, why was a child allowed to go to an adult event, why was a child allowed out alone after midnight, the police aren’t to blame for poor parenting etc 😠 the high and mighty crew who seem to think the police can do no wrong even though their failures have been proven time and time again.

Also must never have been teenagers themselves.

Meanwhile, also in the news today…

This doesn't surprise me, community workers don't want the police in their areas, wrote it before and it sounds like total madness.. but they say police are pushing drugs on youngsters to get them to inform.
I'm really starting to believe its true.

Last edited:
Wonder how people would feel if the police was mostly Catholic. Just musing to myself really.
Heard a lot of new recruits are leaving, 21k a year is nowhere near enough for what they go through.
Change is needed and I don't think its right to put the blame squarely on worker bees, they're just carrying out policy. In the last 24 hours I've seen 3 "we are growing increasingly concerned" posts for children. One lads been missing since the 4th. I'd bet there is a difference between him and Noah and Matthew though, I think psni need to look at how they approach things but I don't know how they do that.
Seen that post too, I think the big difference is that lad seems to be reachable by phone. They say they’ve had a phone conversation with him but want to speak to him in person.

Seen that post too, I think the big difference is that lad seems to be reachable by phone. They say they’ve had a phone conversation with him but want to speak to him in person.
He went missing in June, it's a very difficult but usual situation by the looks of it. Matthew and Noah completely different, they definitely need to review how they handle things. Even the gaurdians of those kids would make entirely different calls to police.
They need to listen.

He went missing in June, it's a very difficult but usual situation by the looks of it. Matthew and Noah completely different, they definitely need to review how they handle things. Even the gaurdians of those kids would make entirely different calls to police.
They need to listen.
Yeah. They probably assumed it was a case of drunk teenager went to a house party after a night out but that’s not for them to assume. Parents know best. Just like that wee girl who died from strep. 3 visits to A&E before her parents were taken seriously and of course it was too late by then.

• Sad
Yeah. They probably assumed it was a case of drunk teenager went to a house party after a night out but that’s not for them to assume. Parents know best. Just like that wee girl who died from strep. 3 visits to A&E before her parents were taken seriously and of course it was too late by then.
There's a common theme here, both NHS and police are overworked and underpayed. Both see these situations all the time and usually the outcome has a good ending. These are the consequences of our services being at breaking point.

Text from the school
1A2032EE-E9B6-4420-8DE7-F5EFF1FD343F.jpeg

Think he’s in care it’s a common occurrence .

• Wow
Had that wee lassie got an underlying health issue?
Parents are going to be up the walls.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.