Northern Ireland #6 Craic, Conflict and Current Affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think young teenagers are being heavily influenced by tik tok and how the algorithms work in both sides and think it isn’t a cause for good and actively causing their perceptions to become more polarised. I wonder do they still do the EMU trips in schools or was that just something we did in the 90’s?
I remember doing the EMU scheme at primary school but I don't remember it having any impact tbh. I was at a Catholic primary school in a very Protestant area and I remember we went on a trip to different churches and the kids from the other school were spitting on the statues in the Chapel. We were quite accepting of the hatred on display and were quite an insular wee community who expected to be the victims of hate crimes. It's mad looking back. I went on to a massive Catholic grammar in Belfast and we learnt so much about the Troubles and about politics and that was a great feeling for me to learn about the civil rights movement and to see what I felt was my community had achieved against oppression.

Nowadays kids do something called Shared education where they are supposed to mix together but again I don't know what the impact is.

I'm from a mixed marriage and my great uncle on the Catholic side was a delivery driver who was robbed and beaten to death by the IRA. I believe the majority of people in NI have very complex identities and we can't be put in boxes easily. My kids are at "protestant" schools because they aren't Catholic and I worried about them feeling left out of all the religious bits of Catholic education. They are very happy and have friends who are all different beliefs and no beliefs. It's not an issue for them.

I do think we need to talk about it to them though. My oldest is 13 and came home asking me if i knew what the troubles were as one of the teachers had told them about it. I was grateful because it started the conversation and I was able to explain to a bit about my experience. I never knew how to start the conversation before. I grew up terrified and believe I was very damaged mentally and emotionally by growing up through the troubles.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Newbie- CANT POST MY OWN YET??? Any help appreciated.

Gerard Thompson, Banbridge gobshite 🙄 think times caught up with him robbing drug dealers. Bounty on his head for his location. List of baby mamas the length of his arm. Very fond of the anorexic look barbie dolls. Mums house burnt down over him. Sister Jessica Thompson up her own hole like daddy and brother aren’t finding her lifestyle. Who’s got opinions
Is he a public figure? Might be OTT making allegations on here.

Reactions: 1
Newbie- CANT POST MY OWN YET??? Any help appreciated.

Gerard Thompson, Banbridge gobshite 🙄 think times caught up with him robbing drug dealers. Bounty on his head for his location. List of baby mamas the length of his arm. Very fond of the anorexic look barbie dolls. Mums house burnt down over him. Sister Jessica Thompson up her own hole like daddy and brother aren’t finding her lifestyle. Who’s got opinions
Is he a public figure? Might be OTT making allegations on here.
check out arson attacks in Banbridge. Someone directed it to this page to post 🤯

Attachments

New to this site so no idea. It’s true. Got directed here by another member. No different to Shauna Fenton & Damo Tubs being on drug dealers hit list all over this site 🤷🏼‍♀️
open to advice for future posting direction

New to this site so no idea. It’s true. Got directed here by another member. No different to Shauna Fenton & Damo Tubs being on drug dealers hit list all over this site 🤷🏼‍♀️
open to advice for future posting direction
I’m not sure posting about lowlife hoods is something I’d be comfortable with, I prefer to stick to public figures , each to their own…

This has all gone a bit random. Can we go back to discussing whether we think Bobby singleton is a ride or not?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I could give you a list of lowlifes as long as your arm ,but I don’t know what relevance it has on here ? I much prefer the law deals with them otherwise you’d have lots of scorned women popping up trying to get one over on their men and that’s dangerous where I’m sitting 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I still haven't plucked up the courage to dm Danny.
Swinging is vogue now and Sunday life says there's no shame in it, swingers are just regular people like you and me. I think we should all be swingers now.

• Haha
I still haven't plucked up the courage to dm Danny.
Swinging is vogue now and Sunday life says there's no shame in it, swingers are just regular people like you and me. I think we should all be swingers now.
I would swing with Danny any day of the week. I can’t believe he existed and I didn’t know for so long

• Haha
I would swing with Danny any day of the week. I can’t believe he existed and I didn’t know for so long
He's sexy af grifty. But he has mad eyes, suppose you wouldn't have to look at them if you were sitting on them 🤔

Fully admit I'm a mad perve at this point. Fully admit it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
He's sexy af grifty. But he has mad eyes, suppose you wouldn't have to look at them if you were sitting on them 🤔

Fully admit I'm a mad perve at this point. Fully admit it.
Mavis I’m affronted. Feel like phoning the Sunday life on you.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think Bryson needs to be removed from twitter etc.
Didn't they put Tommy Robinson away for similar behaviour. Although I hate to admit it, think Bryson is very dangerous, his sentiments are taking hold. If we think about the seriousness of this situation for a mo we've never been closer to it kicking off.
I certainly don't want that, even for all my shouting about unionism I do on here. I don't want to live through that again, I don't want my kids to either and I'd have to change the wee prody shop I go to and I like themmuns. Actually bought a tea towel with the queen on it from them. £9.99 it was and I have to keep it in the car. Dear wasn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think Bryson needs to be removed from twitter etc.
Didn't they put Tommy Robinson away for similar behaviour. Although I hate to admit it, think Bryson is very dangerous, his sentiments are taking hold. If we think about the seriousness of this situation for a mo we've never been closer to it kicking off.
I certainly don't want that, even for all my shouting about unionism I do on here. I don't want to live through that again, I don't want my kids to either and I'd have to change the wee prody shop I go to and I like themmuns. Actually bought a tea towel with the queen on it from them. £9.99 it was and I have to keep it in the car. Dear wasn't it?
10 quid is a lot for a tea towel to be fair

10 quid is a lot for a tea towel to be fair
Indeed. £3.99 usually.
John is so racist isn't he, sneaky passive aggressive racism too. He can't help himself.
I think he's ill, they literally had to rebuild his head, so I give him a bye ball.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.