Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BigMavis

VIP Member
I'm from Northern Ireland and I support a womans right to choose if she wants to continue with a pregnancy regardless of the circumstances.
So Carla's statement is incorrect.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

Wee Nora

VIP Member
It's the best result the family could have hoped for.
I bet there's quite a few on this thread who've had soldiers point their rifles at them, I was always so afraid walking past them. They didn't see us as human and they didn't differentiate between the people attacking them and ordinary people or children.
One of my earliest memories is wetting myself when I went into the garage and there was one crouched down in the corner pointing his gun at me. I think I was about 4.
They battered my Dad with hurling sticks they found in his boot (he was a hurling coach), took him down a secluded lane and broke the sticks over his back. In his later years he said he still had flashbacks, they made kneel on the ground with his back to them and he certain he was dead.
Another time they were outside our school and one of them slipped and fell on the ice and we were all laughing our heads off (primary school kids) and they pointed their guns towards the playground and we all freaked and ran for our lives 🙈
I mean when you think about it in today’s terms it was absolutely crazy stuff but it was just considered normal and acceptable at the time. I’d say every Catholic of a certain age has their own stories.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow

BigMavis

VIP Member
No. I'm not getting flaps.
But I am getting adverts for mattresses with girls sitting on them. The girls are for sale not the £40 mattress. So ya.
Sort of related, very odd. Couple of weeks ago I enquired about a dog via gumtree, the person asked me to send my number, I don't know why I didn't think it was strange as we were chatting via that message centre. Anyway.. I was then sent a WhatsApp which was a picture of an erection with elastic bands wrapped around the balls. Never seen anything like it, why? Elastic bands? Anyway didn't get the dog.

• Haha
  • Wow

Wee Nora

VIP Member

Sunak won’t give a fuck about Unionist demands he’ll be cap in hand to the EU and Americans looking for trade deals View attachment 1676933
Speak for yourself Carla, I’m a woman and I will always be pro choice so stop with your sweeping statements. Imagine being a woman who finds herself unexpectedly pregnant while struggling to heat her home and put food on the table. Maybe get your ass to work and make it easier for those women to bring a baby into the world ya melter!

Gerry v Bono
Bono’s claims the IRA targeted the U2 frontman is ‘news to me’, says Gerry Adams

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...-is-news-to-me-says-gerry-adams-42093351.html
Sure how would Gerry know? 🤔🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
Mavis, this one is definitely for you. So a fashion designer from Magherafelt has been inundated with enquiries after none other than Sarah Jessica Parker was seen with one of his clutch bags. I know you love a bag Mavis and I feel like this one will be just your style and a real bargain at only £600.

What in the flying fuck??!! 🤣

I once had a clutch bag and it was covered in black feathers. I took it to a friend's wedding,my cousins husband was driving us to the reception and he hit a bird. Told me he did it so I'd have a matching coin purse 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

pommynoir

VIP Member
I’m a football to be fair, I follow Liverpool and Celtic obsessively. But I’m refusing to watch the World Cup, and probably would have even if Ireland had qualified.

on another note, me and Mr P are going away for Xmas, and Mr Ps friend and her partner are also going to the same place so we’ve booked the same hotel and majority of our meals out together etc. I’ve not met her partner and out of curiosity I looked him up on Facebook yesterday - he’s a vile, racist staunch loyalist. Like I’m talking posts about “taking our country back” and poppy’s union jacks and transparent queens in all his profile pics and status updates. Racists posts about black and Asian people etc all on his public profile.

I said to Mr P maybe we should keep the dinners but change hotels so we can drink alone. Or go drinking in Irish pubs as he’ll probably hate that, Mr P said he’s gonna hate him and we should go to a different part of the island altogether but I know I’d be left to explain to his friend because he’s useless like that. I don’t know what she’s doing with him but I’m sure she knows what he’s like. Not my cup of tea anyway. What would you do?

• Wow
  • Haha

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Can someone please explain to me why mutton head Jamie is so angry about the protocol? I feel like my brain is turning into soup when I go onto his Twitter😩 p.s loving these threads
Welcome! He thinks it undermines NI’s place in the Union but only because that’s what the DUP told him to think. Basically he’s a clampet who lives in his Ma’s loft.

Hiya. The answer is subjugation.
There’s my favourite word again 🤯

• Haha

Wee Nora

VIP Member
He's an Englishman nothing to do with us 😂
Speaking of Englishmen I was about to post about Matt Hancock losing his whip in the HOC to go on I’m a Celeb 🙈😂 would never usually be arsed voting for someone to do a bushtucker trial but I’ll download the app and make an exception for him. Looking forward to watching him gobble up some crocodile penis.

• Haha

BigMavis

VIP Member
Northern Ireland isn't working. This assumption that SF got away with similar back in the day is wrong. Most nationalists voted for SDLP because they didn't agree with violence. Adams was vilified his voice and face weren't allowed in the media.
The DUP had/have strong links to paramilitaries, the leader stoked up hatred via the media and definitely in private and he didn't get the same treatment.
And guess what people voted in their droves for them. It didn't matter. All they did was shout no and point fingers at SFIRA. The DUP have blood on their hands and pretend they don't. They get away with it because of plummy accents and privilege.
SF have changed they're progressive and have taken a pragmatic approach that's why people vote for them now. They got away with nothing.
If violence returns and SF had links to it l wouldn't vote for them.

BigMavis

VIP Member
To be honest I've said similar on these threads about the PIRA as Jamie's views about his side.
But I'm not an PIRA supporter, I think they caused horrific pain and hurt to so many people. But I do agree there wasn't much of an alternative, the British armed a militia here to kill, what's the alternative to that.. .let them? And that view is very very difficult for people to understand. I certainly don't want us to go back to that. I know people might read that and feel hurt but that's what my mind says, minds may never meet on that.
It certainly doesn't mean I want anything bad to happen to my unionist friends.

Reactions: 7

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Call me cynical but I find it quite convenient that this happens just as loyalist paramilitaries are threatening violence. Almosts gives them an excuse eh? Jamie seems to know a lot about this apparent arson attack. They must take us for fools.

BigMavis

VIP Member
I kinda know the details of that case and I hate being that person on tattle that says that and then doesn't share 🤔 basically whats being reported there about age is on the money. A shit ton of separate incidents of violence too.

• Sad
  • Wow

BigMavis

VIP Member
Straight out of Goebells playbook. I can't believe this is happening. I can't believe the lies I've seen with my own eyes this week. I can't believe the medias silence. I can't believe the gaslighting.
Burning orange halls is wrong, it happens, it shouldn't happen, it should never happen. It might have been republicans but come on???
I feel that fear that I haven't felt in a very long time.
Bet I'm not the only one.

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
I put that on another thread before ,when you look at it now it’s grim ,hard to believe that’s life here and of course only focused on one side of the community 😏

Billy Mitchell

They had John Lewis we had this
I mind seeing these when i was about 8 or 9? And my dad was never a big drinker and never went to the pub but once a week he played snooker. I remember vividly being terrified every night he went cos of that cats in the cradle tune. And I told my mummy and she said "don't worry daddy won't get shot" and I never told her, prob too young to vocalise it but I remember being more worried someone would make him shoot someone else and he'd go to jail! Isn't it mad were from a place where a wee child would think that

• Sad

BANRÍON

I followed this thread to get more knowledge on what's going on. I think I'm far less educated on this than the people in this thread and maybe this is a bit of an immature way of feeling? But is anyone else absolutely terrified?? I was born in the 90s so didn't live through the worst of the troubles and I can't help but feel we're going to return to it? I have honestly lost sleep over this which may seem silly but I'm so terrified of what's going to happen. I feel like if you don't vote for either Sinn Fein or DUP that the vote will be wasted, even though their policies may not align with what you believe. This isn't how it's supposed to be D:

• Heart
  • Sad

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Somebody smart tell me what pan nationalism is please. Remember I'm quite thick. No big words.
As far as I know Mavis it’s a term used for those of a Nationalist persuasion who cook all their meals in a tefal non stick.

• Haha