Northern Ireland #5 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This might be the best thing I've ever seen.

I don't normally post on this thread, but I should. I've been in bed most of the day (covid) and this has cheered me right up. The covid has been brutal, but it got me out of Garth Brooks, so... swings and roundabouts.

I saw (and spoke to) Michelle earlier this year (very random meeting). Didn't look botoxed then, but it was months ago. It could just be the makeup. Her face hasn't really changed much over the years (although I'll admit I am awful at spotting work).

That black suit is lovely on her. She's in great shape atm.
M
She definitely is keeping in shape and regularly working out it seems to keep it. I guess she is now more than ever mindful of being in the public eye, especially with rising to being head of stormont.

I honestly donโ€™t think she has had that much Botox - work colleagues who know more of her say she has more or less always looked like that from school. Though none remember the prayer ceremony happening in school that she spoke of in that podcast. Her makeup hair etc has pretty much not changed much in those 30 years.

M
She definitely is keeping in shape and regularly working out it seems to keep it. I guess she is now more than ever mindful of being in the public eye, especially with rising to being head of stormont.

I honestly donโ€™t think she has had that much Botox - work colleagues who know more of her say she has more or less always looked like that from school. Though none remember the prayer ceremony happening in school that she spoke of in that podcast. Her makeup hair etc has pretty much not changed much in those 30 years.
I follow her on Insta ๐Ÿ˜‚ she works out and walks a lot. Fair play, I need some of her motivation. Iโ€™m not great at spotting botox etc but I donโ€™t think she looks particularly frozen either? She looks the same as sheโ€™s always looked to me.

Reactions: 1
M

What is the prayer ceremony story?

I may (or may not) have went to the same school. I'm definitely younger than she is though, lol.

I think she initially lost the weight after having covid. It might have been a coincidence but I remember seeing her on tv after and being shocked. No such luck here. I was hardly eating all weekend but by the looks of it I've just lost the holiday weight I put on in August. Was hoping for half a stone or some tit. Sigh.

Wee election for Christmas ladies?! ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ
Will Santa make the DUPโ€™s wishes come true , I think theyโ€™ll need a Christmas miracle.

I thought they had to the end of October to get the executive up and running before an election was called .

• Haha
Reactions: 3

It was in that BBC sounds podcast she did - she said the school wasnโ€™t excepting of her being pregnant and the example it was going to show to other pupils (she was doing her GCSEs) she said they prayed for her or something it all sounded a bit cultish and Uber old school catholic

Was the school you may or may not have went to like that ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡

Suck it up Arlene ๐Ÿ˜‚

๐Ÿ˜‚ get the violins out โ€ฆOr should that be second violinโ€™s ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It was in that BBC sounds podcast she did - she said the school wasnโ€™t excepting of her being pregnant and the example it was going to show to other pupils (she was doing her GCSEs) she said they prayed for her or something it all sounded a bit cultish and Uber old school catholic

Was the school you may or may not have went to like that ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡
Well.. I wasn't in her class or year so dunno, but it certainly wasn't a whole school assembly, lol. The principal at that stage was a piece of work though, so I wouldn't say it's definitely lies (just unlikely).

๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

View attachment 1579006Whoever said about wake experience was spot on.

That was me - I just think we do the whole mourning and greeting people much better

And nothing like a rake of cups, urns and chairs being brought in from the local GAA club/parish hall itโ€™s really about a community coming together ( even if you donโ€™t like or know each other that much - the outdoors face is still on)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Bet he was waiting on a rendition of ๐ŸŽถ Roses Are Red ๐Ÿ˜‚
Wee Jeffrey spanked by the shinners, wonderful ๐Ÿ˜‚

View attachment 1579006Whoever said about wake experience was spot on.
Nobody does death like fenians. We have it down to a fine art. Big tay pots and the wimmen from the club making enough stew to sink the titanic while the men in hi-vis bring trailer loads of chairs and direct the traffic. Howโ€™s that for military precision?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Well.. I wasn't in her class or year so dunno, but it certainly wasn't a whole school assembly, lol. The principal at that stage was a piece of work though, so I wouldn't say it's definitely lies (just unlikely).

She was a right battleaxe of a principal from what I hear - it was her way or the highway - standards often misplaced parents never challenged her but then apparently she had her own demons and went even more weird before she left - heard crazy stories about her doing things like going back to a shop in Dungannon with sliced ham looking a refund as she never used it (the school principal that is not MON)

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.